Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

A game idea

one year ago
Would any of you actually be interested in a grim dark fantasy where you actually die and die over again?

A game idea

one year ago

I think the nature of many stories on here is that you die and die over again. 

A game idea

one year ago
I’m talking about the entire plot is that you play as a character that dies if you pick a wrong choice and then you get reincarnated into a whole different book plot where the premise is the same, but if you don’t die there’s a end to the story and you continue to the next without dying.
Story hopping via dying basically

A game idea

one year ago

Sounds retarded.

But go ahead, I guess.

A game idea

one year ago
I googled it and retarded means stupid or below average iq for your age.
and I thought I came up with a smart idea

A game idea

one year ago

What matters is that it’s something you want to create. People will still read it and possibly tells you that it sucks or that it’s good regardless.

A game idea

one year ago
Fair enough.

A game idea

one year ago
Why didn't you say any of this in your original post?

A game idea

one year ago
So either you ripped off the idea from Re:zero, which is one of the most popular anime with exactly the same plot-line, or you came up with a good idea. If it's the first, then that would be sad. If it's the latter, then good job.

A game idea

one year ago

I hope you're a bot that's necroing this 5 month year old thread to say this dumb shit.

Re Zero isn't the only show that's done that concept you're talking about.

A game idea

one year ago
Bots don't make accounts to defend the honor of their animes.

A game idea

one year ago

Sounds like Planescape Torment, though I doubt you're going to write something of that level.

Whatever you do, just don't loop your "death" back to the beginning.

A game idea

one year ago
yeah that would be annoying

A game idea

one year ago

Quite frankly, no.

A game idea

one year ago
It's much more effective (and convincing) to just write a story you're excited about rather than telling the forum about the idea.

I would say that no, I'm not that interested in this, because it's a pretty vague sentence about a thing that odds are will never be written.

A game idea

one year ago

Isn't that Dark Souls? I like the lore. So probably?

A game idea

one year ago
I had an idea, that I've worked off and on for a while, where whenever you die your character has a premonition of their death, goes back to the beginning of the day, and has new options based on what they learned from the premonition.

A game idea

one year ago

Re Zero?

A game idea

one year ago
Is that what happens in Re Zero? I don't know anything about it. If so, then sure.

A game idea

one year ago

Pretty much, but with a whole transported in another world trope on top of it. Kinda had the same idea as you, but my concept revolved around a food service employee dealing with a Karen, "Time Travel Ghost Karen". Scrapped it because it has turned into a dead meme.

A game idea

one year ago

Many cyoa's are like time capsules with the amount of old and dead memes that are in them. Gives it charm.

A game idea

one year ago

"Karen" is still around and probably will be in the forseeable future. You probably could still use it.

A game idea

one year ago
Damn, that was a good idea! Mine had a roman empire like setting with a young protag trying to survive its collapse. I'd be interested in your concept come to life.

A game idea

one year ago

I hate to tell you this, but Ogre just published a game where the first half is built off that exact concept.  It was really cool though, so I'd certainly like to see that in another game

A game idea

one year ago
Some good advice I've heard is, "Write whatever the fuck you want because no one will ever read it, and edit like the whole world is going to read it."