ATC (the deleted scene)

A modern storygame by magcos

Player Rating3.18/8

"Too few ratings to be ranked"
Based on 64 ratings since
Played times (finished )

Story Difficulty3/8

"Trek through the forest"

Play Length4/8

"A well spent lunch break"

Maturity Level3/8

"Must be at least this tall to play"
Contains content that may not be suitable for persons under age 10. If this were a movie, it would probably be between G and PG.

Tags

No tags

This DEMO is based on the article in "Help & Info";

A Quick Discussion on Random Variables by solostrike

This isn't a complete story so if 3J deletes it, I'll understand. I don't like reading a bunch of demos either.  I did this because I wanted to show my fellow newbies a couple of things that could help us make better stories:

First: I want to demonstrate that those that are still learning scripting, like myself, can use the variables and link restrictions already provided, to design a totally random event in their storygames.

Second: I want to provide a working model for discussions in random variable scripting. I hope that those that know scripting well, will comment on how I could do this better. I will be happy to give co-authorship to anyone who is willing and able to help.

In the Game:

STAMINA and AGILITY are the only attributes used. You begin with a value of 50 for each. Stamina provides your offense; Agility, your defense. Good results (landing a punch or kick) will replenish your attributes a bit. Running out of STAMINA and AGILITY both, has its own unique result as you will see.

The SCORE is naturally how you win or lose. You start out with a value of 50. If your SCORE falls to 0, you lose. If your SCORE goes to 100, you win!

Now, without further ado... This is a "deleted scene" from my "Answer The Call" story. If you've played it you'll recognize it as the final scene in chapter 1 - You are just about to enter the last digit to deactivate the bomb...

***

Archived Information:

Note: some comments are prior to my republishing this as a fight demo and before publishing the complete story, "Answer The Call", found elsewhere on this site.

***As of 1/10/2012 - I'm re-working the story so if you've played it before, please try it again.***

I made the puzzle hint easier to find...

If anyone would like to point out "particular" grammar errors, please do...

At the end it says "TO BE CONTINUED" because I will be adding more puzzles (and choices) as I write more chapters.

Since this is an experiment: I would really like to know, what your "COUNTDOWN" and "SCORE" were when you win.

 ***As of 1/9/2012 - I'm re-working the story so if you've played it before, please try it again.***

Thanks to the great comments and recommendations I received, I decided not to be afraid, use the "advanced editor" to add items to the story and figure out some way to do a timer of sorts using variables.

 Thanks,

magcos

Player Comments

view more...
Mystic_Warrior on 9/29/2019 11:36:49 PM with a score of 100
view more...
TestingJest on 11/18/2017 3:11:45 AM with a score of 100
view more...
ck23838 on 8/26/2013 9:11:36 AM with a score of 100
view more...
betaband on 8/22/2012 9:42:03 PM with a score of 100
view more...
RobustSporadic on 7/1/2012 5:43:52 AM with a score of 100
view more...
Doodled on 1/31/2012 6:30:01 PM with a score of 100
view more...
BerkaZerka on 1/28/2012 7:55:57 PM with a score of 100
view more...
JMgskills on 1/27/2012 3:32:35 PM with a score of 100
view more...
urnam0 on 1/10/2012 12:09:21 AM with a score of 0
view more...
fergie14233 on 1/9/2012 8:59:05 PM with a score of 0
Show All Comments