Bob and His Adventure

Player Rating3.39/8

"#700 overall, #83 for 2013"
based on 186 ratings since 07/26/2013
played 1,411 times (finished 212)

"trek through the forest"

"So short yo' momma thought it was a recipe"

"aren't you a little too old to be trick or treating"
Some material may be inappropriate for persons under age 13. If this were a movie, it would probably be PG-13.

A teenager named Bob is stuck in a village but wants to travel the world. The villagers see him as an insane teenage boy because they believe that they are the only inhabitants of the entire world. Still, Bob refuses to believe this, and decides to go on a life-changing adventure.

3J was right about this story, it's way better then the title makes it seem.

I liked how it seemed strange, but turned out to be a fun storygame to play. While it was linear and the plot seemed to be quite... unoriginal and generic, I would read more from you if you were to brush up on adding detail to your storygames and using better plots :)

The writing overall wasn't exactly bad, it was just lacking a lot of motivation. Remember, don't force your writing or else the outcome might not be as nice as you'd like it to be.

More character development and emotion would has been great, because I felt the characters were just generic figures who I know little to nothing about.

It wasn't the shortest storygame i've ever read, but you could have added a few more sentences. I found there to be about one paragraph per page and a number of links.

I feel like you had trouble taking a plot and sticking to it, because it felt very linear and jumped from one situation to another quite quickly.

3/8, not bad.
-- MinnieKing on 3/19/2017 2:56:20 AM with a score of 0
Bob and His Adventure was better than I was expecting from the title. The author did not seem to be particularly inspired while writing this adventure but he understood the need for a non-linear plot and this, at least, was appreciated.

The author would do well to craft an actual plot with developed characters for his next storygame so that we can get a feel for whether or not he can actually write.
-- JJJ-thebanisher on 3/24/2014 10:42:23 PM with a score of 0
3/8...
No offense, but this isn't really as good as I hoped. I mean, it isn't a complete crash, but there were some bumps and bruises to be taken care of. First, a storyline. This is Choose-Your-STORY, not Choose-Random-Links. As entertaining as the childish format was, I think it would have been better with a solid background, and not just to the characters. Another thing. It seems like a childish story, but really, I didn't even know how to rate this. I mean, I have no idea how old you are, and if this is honestly the best you can do. I judge the same for everyone, and I hope you improve.
-- awesomeness1242 on 8/12/2013 9:43:44 PM with a score of 0
This comment may contain spoilers. Be warned to not read this before playing the storygame.

There were no obvious grammar mistakes ruining the stories flow. I am no native speaker and also not very well at grammar so I guess it does not count as much if I did not spot any.

Even though the structure and length of the pages was quite simple, the story does have a certain childish charm.

Now to the actual story.
Like I said above it is written quite childish. The pages are short. All of them were just one single paragraph and the sentences were not written in a very complex style. I can clearly see this as a small picture book for children.

The plot was not thought through well enough for a choice based storygame. There were quite a lot of jumps from one situation to the next.
The decisions also seemed quite random. You never gave the reader an idea why they should choose a certain path or why one decision would lead to a worse outcome than the other. In the end the decisions did not really matter much anyways since all paths lead to the same outcome or to a "death".

Your characters also were not really developed. They were just shallow names waling one way or another.

This story did not really have any big emotions or choices of morale. It had no great descriptions that let the reader immerse himself into it or let them feel like they are climbing a mountain or sailing a boat.

For the missing deeper plot and background I have to take away from the rating.
The nice childish charm of this very short story brings you a 4/8 from me.
-- LJacko on 5/5/2020 3:08:28 AM with a score of 0
snow fuck yourself really hard
-- sucks a lor on 11/11/2019 2:24:25 PM with a score of 0
Very funny and I love MC HONEY
-- Zak on 6/20/2019 4:43:15 AM with a score of 0
Good and cute story. You should make it longer next time though.
-- ILLUMINATI on 6/18/2018 2:45:04 PM with a score of 0
The pages were very short, but that didn't bother me. The probably though is that I ran into a path that made me lose no matter what decision I made, which really irritates me when I play a game. It take the purpose out of it.
-- TheOnlySolution on 4/30/2018 5:26:37 AM with a score of 0
Somehow entertaining, although more detailed narrative or descriptive writing could've gone a long way to improving this.
-- llImperatorll on 12/28/2017 1:12:32 PM with a score of 0
"Stay with the sharks

Bob and MC Honey become best friends with the sharks. And they all lived happily ever after."

Well that certainly is unusual! ;)
-- TestingJest on 12/21/2017 1:18:17 AM with a score of 0