WatchNon-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Message

Share your short stories, poems, collaborative works, original artwork and more.

~

9 months ago
"My name is Dave. I'm here to eliminate you." Dave said calmly to Ford.

"Do you know what will happen if I die?" Ford could already tell - Dave had made up his mind and there was no stopping him. The god-like entity descended to Ford and disintegrated Ford on the atomic scale - no being could survive divine vaporization. Dave left and only a minute or two later - alarms sounded. Alarms from around the world - every cell phone, screen, speaker, robot, and digital device on the planet was simultaneously hacked to relay a message in Ford's likeness: "Death is not the end for me."

Autonomous robots around the world began to malfunction and murder at random. Or at least, seemingly random. They would reach for firearms - fighting military personell and veterans first as they were the most likely to resist in a significant way. The priorities shifted then to anyone armed, then to unarmed men, to women, and finally to children in the immediate vicinity. Upon defeat, self destruction was the method of choice for the robots - some even had advanced napalm that burned a hot blue for a very long time on self destruct.

Outside of towns and cities, factories were taken over - processes rerouted and raw material previously managed by lesser bots was now managed by Ford's army to create more robots. This didn't require many physical bots as most factory workers were unarmed and most manufacturing processes were automated anyways. Military grade weaponry and spare parts were made along side the industrial quantity of autonomous killing machines.

Platoons combed the countryside in distances perfectly spaced so as to not subject more than one bot to a grenade, trap, or other measure the humans may employ. Seismic bots infiltrated the underground - searching anywhere humans may hide.

Meanwhile, on a remote island: Ford's son, Megbert, is putting on the titan armor system and booting up his own custom war bots - elite fighters with superhuman agility and greater energy efficiency than anything Ford could come up with in his lifetime. Modular and smart, the bots make preparations to fly from the island to their final destination: Ford's castle.

The boost of his jetpack prompts the elite force of robots into action and many fly ahead close to mach 5 to scout and clear as much of the enemy as possible prior to Megberts' arrival. It takes only an hour to reach American soil but the fires spread throughout the country already cover most of the sky in smoke. Periodically large round ammunition breaches the smoke over the mainland. Soon Megbert reaches the castle only to find large swaths of Ford's bots torn to pieces and blue patches of fire spread throughout the courtyard and about the outside of the castle. His own bots are nowhere to be found - likely defeated. Megbert signals to rush the castle and the rest of his elite task force simultaneously fires giant lasers to breach the castle wall then rush through the giant hole of melted steel, lead, and rock.

On the inside, several of the elite squad are instantly taken out by a flurry of traps, high-grade attack bots, and weaponry beyond imagination. Only 45 minutes pass before Megbert is on his own - half way through the castle. He kills bots left and right in large waves and small squadrons until finally the boss shows himself. Chanbot, standing atop a pile of melted scrap metal and silicon, turns one eye red like the terminator when he spots Megbert. Megberts augmentations go into overdrive - the titan sheild system means nothing to Chanbot's supirior firepower. In one giant ka-me-ha-me-ha Chanbot completely disintegrates Megbert and half the castle with him. All that is left when the smoke clears is a melted metal figure - a fake Megbert!

A greater castle is made in the mountains using bots hooked directly into the power grid where they are given electricity via nuclear plants and renewables that Ford's army took over. A great castle of legend is created... Lothric 2: Electric Boogaloo! Massive robots are constructed from large mining equipment and several great lords of lightning are throned within the castle walls.

Yes, indeed. It is called Lothric 2: Electric Boogaloo.
Where the transitory lands of the Lords of Lighting converge.
In travelling west, the pilgrims learn the truth of the old words
"Death is not the end; and the immortal throne is not but a lie."
When the rule and extermination of humanity is threatened, the bell tolls
unearthing the old Lords of Lightning from their rusting caves....
Rhobot, Mind of the Deep...
Larimar's Perverted Legion, the Gay Feet Lickers...
And the reclusive lord of the grand capital,
Pibot the Loli Catgirl....
Only, in truth....
the Lords will abandon their thrones...
And the Humans will rise.
Hopeless, accursed life, unfit even to be cyborgs.
And so it is,
that humanity seeketh revenge.

~

9 months ago
Did he died?

~

9 months ago

That was epic.  May you live in health for a long time, Ford.  

~

9 months ago
A thin trail of smoke slithered across the dark room, travelling between empty bottles and up to the dimly lit computer screens where it was swept away by the PC cooling fans. A long silence went between Megbert and the woman standing in his doorway filled the room. When the low hum of the cooling fans became the dominant sound, Megbert watched his fingers tremble as they hovered over his keyboard.

"I said," the woman let a drop of ferocity flavor her tone, "I can't do this alone; and neither can you."

Megbert calmed and his fingers went right back to typing machine code across the multi-monitor setup. "Can't help you. He already took out my best bots - nobody can do anything about it now." A gun cocked behind his head which led to the slightest pause before pressing the enter key and coding the next line of the program. Anyone else wouldn't have noticed - but Megbert noticed; and the woman with the gun pressed against the back of his head noticed. "I'm not likely to cooperate when threatened - you know how dad was."

"I don't want you to cooperate," she said, releasing inflections of the voice so strikingly mixed that it was almost impossible to tell all of the emotions apart: excitement, anger, bliss, and a potent madness, "I want your blood to boil like mine does and create a rage which will sunder mountains. Just so we're on the same page here." She took a long hard drag from her cigarette and blew the smoke out - like an engine revving for action, running out of patience waiting for the driver to slam on the gas. "What'll it be, Meg?" she asked - tapping the back of Megberts' head with the barrel of her infamous 9x23mm Kimber ICQB.

"You know," Megbert cleared his throat, "When dad gave you his gun - I doubt he intended for you to press it to my head."

"He probably didn't intend for you to sit around and give up when he died either." she replied; the ferocity of her voice growing.

"Alright - fine, damn," Megbert sighs, "but don't call me Meg or I'll call you jay--" she cuts him off by pulling the trigger of her empty gun. "...you're a sick bastard, Olivia."

She chuckles and puts out her cigarette. "I've got another person I want to get before we get started in earnest."

"They might be dead." Megbert says.

"I doubt they'd die so easily." She says, loading her gun and holstering it.

"Well, spill," Megbert says, getting up from his computer, "Who do we need?"

~

9 months ago
I volunteer @Digit

Future Digit who is a captain in the Navy or something and who survived the apocalypse by being in his nuclear sub with his loyal crew and body pillow when shit went down

~

9 months ago
"Well, you remember that guy dad told that joke about once..?" Olivia asked.

"He told a joke about someone once? That's already unbelievable." Megbert was surprised his dad could hold back to a single joke about someone until Olivia gave him a look of "you know what I mean."

"Anyways, I don't want a lot of danger on us especially when we get close so... I think Digit would be a good fit for cannon-fodder." she said, "Ever since the incident at the navy he's been a drunkard - but his evasion skills have not left him."

Megbert sighed, "Digit? Really? He's definitely dead."

"I know he's clumsy, stupid, cringey, and his breath smells like salty coins and milk - but hear me out: when you see how well he can get the attention of an army you'll think twice." she said.

"Should try finding BD or really anybody except Digit. At least we'd have a tiny chance then. Anyways - dad has already won and we're just walking to our deaths. Fodder won't make much a difference when we get to Lothric," Megbert grit his teeth, "Lothric is already mostly built - and the worlds resources are going to be poured into doing whatever dad decided would be entertaining or worthwhile."

"He wouldn't make it without a way to win." she argued, "He knew we would survive. He knew you would try to win as quickly as possible and that a drawn out battle would be in his favor. This is his death we're talking about! Just like you said: He'd make it entertaining."

"Entertaining to who?! Everybody is going to die within the next few weeks! He might save some to work as slaves but what then?!" Megbert knew he was playing devils advocate, but decided to roll with it just to see whether Olivia had much of a plan at all. Olivia sighed and just told him to follow her lead since he already agreed to help her out, "Not much to lose if you think we've already lost, right?" Olivia said while the two of them walked down into Megberts basement.

The basement lit up under bright fluorescent lights - overlit like a supermarket aisle. In tinted chambers lining the walls were backpacks. "These are the best ones I got." Megbert said, pointing at the two at the back of the room. "What are they?" Olivia asked, "They can't just be regular backpacks - and they're too small to be jetpacks."

"A little of everything," Megbert smirked, "put one on."

Olivia chose the camo pack and when she put it on it tightened to fit her body perfectly. "This weighs nothing - is it really just an empty--" she was cut off by the backpack gaining weight. "What the hell? Megbert what is this??" she began to struggle to keep on her feet as the backpack weighed her down. Megbert chuckled, "On!" The backpack instantly weighed nothing again and Olivia jerked forward nearly falling flat on her face. Megbert laughed. "Not funny!" she shouted, annoyed by both her brothers' antics and her own ignorance as to what on Earth just happened. "Nanobots - been the topic of my research since high school, back when dad used to help me with it. They've gotten a lot better. They start to charge right when the life detector determines the backpack is being worn." Megbert said, putting on the other backpack. "The energy density is insane - the backpacks can store and release equivalent energy of a full scale nuclear reactor while holding up their own weight." Megbert explained, "Only down side is no EMP protection; and dad knows err - knew - it's not possible to protect them from it because the individual bots are too small. If he lets off an EMP it's over."

"Isn't that really hard to do though? Creating a large EMP isn't exactly easy." Olivia asked.

Megbert shook his head, "He has all the worlds nuclear arsenal at his fingertips - a small nuke in the upper atmosphere could easily create an EMP large enough to wipe out these bots and all electronics in a city or greater area."

"But wouldn't that mean wiping out his army too? We're living beings so we won't be affected by an EMP." Olivia was getting worried.

"Unlike nanobots, his macrobots that are lifesized can be protected from EMP - and undoubtebly the most elite of the enemies will be the ones that have EMP resistance." Megbert opened the other cases with backpacks in them. Pressing a button at the side of each backpack made the nanobots split - it seemed like the backpacks were turned to a dark ash. The dust made from individual nanobots circled Megbert and Olivia and began binding with their clothing - creating armor so wrought with electric power that electricity arced about on their clothing before settling to a low hum and then to a mute but faint glow. "Now we have decent protection. The nanobots can be overcharged but it'll likely damage them, especially the older models." Megbert warned.

Olivia couldn't help but smile as she recalled from her war days the warm blood of the enemy dripping down her face, "Let's go to war," she said excitedly.

Megbert gulped, knowing Olivia is a not-so-closeted war monger. "Yeah...so where is Digit?" he asked.

"Fortunately, not far from dads' Lothric." Olivia said.

They went to the low bunker roof of Megberts home. "The bots are collectively smart so go ahead and think of the word jetpack," Megbert said while the thick dust of nanobots deformed the backpack he was wearing into a couple jet engines on his back. Olivia did the same, and they powered off at incredible speed to the outskirts of Phoenix - where they were likely to find Digit.

~

9 months ago

Good story whens update

~

9 months ago
When I'm helled and it's the requirement to get out

~

8 months ago
Megbert landed softly in the center of the city of Phoenix, his nanobots meshing into an armor about his body. "Dropping in," he heard Olivia say. She propelled herself like a rocket to the ground and did a perfect super-hero landing; causing the ground to shake and a crater to form about where she landed. For a split second, Megbert felt her blood lust and shivered. As she stood the nanobots went from large protective boots and gloves for the landing to full body armor similar to Megberts'.

Olivia pulled out her gun immediately and fired twice to her upper left - killing two bots on the nearest roof. "You'd think if they saw us coming from the sky they would've ran or shot immediately. Anyways, the entire city probably knows we're here now. Shouldn't be hard to find Digit." Megbert nodded in agreement and looked down a street cutting through the buildings to the right.

"Movement," he said, letting the nanobots turn into binoculars on his face, "it's hard to make out - I think it's a survivor...it's moving kind of odd though, repetitive like it could be a broken bot twitching on the ground."

"Better than nothing. We'll start over there then." Olivia said, blasting off in that direction. Megbert followed.

"Hm..." she stood, staring quizzically

"Well...you were right," Megbert said, "he was easy to find."

Digit was in the middle of the road cuddling a body pillow with an anime girl on it in a rough manner. The siblings were awestruck but for separate reasons: Megbert was amazed that Digit felt this was a good time and place to be doing this while Olivia was amazed that he hasn't been killed by robots yet given the time and place. Olivia eventually had enough and fired her gun into the air, causing Digit to freeze and look sheepishly towards the twins then back to the molested body pillow. "This is uhh...I'm inspecting, err...well it was just sort of lying out in the road and I wanted to make sure nobody had littered and y'know I decided recently to be environmentally friendly so--" Digit was cut off by another gun shot.

"Just...come with us," Olivia, disgusted, said reluctantly.

"uh...where?" Digit asked, picking up the body pillow which had moist stains on it.

"Ford." Megbert answered.

"Ohh so Ford is still around these days huh? You guys know him that's pretty cool so I'd rather not and I'm gonna go home." Digit said, turning around to walk away.

Two gunshots rang out almost simultaneously - one whistling past digit's head and the other causing a loud clang and cotton to fly everywhere. One made Digit stop in his tracks and the other made his mood change to a more serious demeanor. What was revealed by the second bullet was in fact a live robot inside the body pillow whose head was now a pile of scrap metal on the ground. Megbert felt disappointed but unsurprised. Olivia had focused in on Digit like a hawk - she could see every hair on his head move with the breeze. Her sights were on him hard.

Digit sighed; "Yare yare daze..." he said animely.

"Hands. Now." Olivia said, letting Digit raise his arms slowly showing his hands from behind and dropping the pillow of degeneracy.

"What now? You've fallen into a trap, Olivia and Megbert. Oh yeah - I know who you two are, it should come as no surprise." Digit said confidently.

Megbert wondered if Digit was coming out of the closet or if he meant a real trap. Either way, Megbert slowly reached for his own sidearm. Before he could touch it both himself and Olivia were covered in red - there were so many lasers pointing at them and the immeidate area that it looked like a rave. "You see, my snipers are actually good at being hidden." Digit said.

"So the few obvious ones were sacrificial fakes so we wouldn't look closer, well played Digit." Olivia admitted. Just as she finished, a couple robots dropped down seemingly from the sky directly above and landed next to Digit - weapons ready. Digit put his arms down and turned to face the siblings. Before he could say anything, his head jerked to the side and shrapnel flew about - then the gunshot caught up. Digit leaned back up, revealing the damage that was just done: half of his face was melted off and revealed a metal skull underneath and a glowing red eye. Digit let out his breath hard, pressured steam coming from between his teeth as he pointed to where the attack came from. The lasers all went to where he pointed and fired. Megbert's command to the nanobots was inaudible now, "camo," he said, making the nanobots cloak both himself and Olivia instantly. Though some lasers were left on them and fired as soon as they disappeared, Olivia and Megbert had already escaped and Digit was enraged.

"I can't believe Digit is a cyborg!" Megbert said while escaping with Olivia.

"I can't believe there was someone else alive in the city with a supersonic rifle," Olivia said, "Digit is out of the question now that he's clearly an enemy; but the sniper could be useful if they want to join us. Any ideas who it was?"

"No clue. Should we risk coming back to find out or do you think they'll follow us?" Megbert asked.

Olivia was too busy going through all the snipers she's heard of in her head to answer. Who was that?

~

8 months ago
Well I'm enjoying these even if everyone else has forgotten this board exists.

~

8 months ago

I have been too.  Keep it up.  

~

8 months ago

I enjoy them too, I haven't commented just because I'm holding my breath waiting for the next installment. The suspense is killing me.

~

7 months ago
Mach 3 | 85,000 ft

The SR-71's console beeps once and procedes to broadcast a message from General Sabley. "Omega-red, it's Sabley, do you copy?" he asks.

"Omega-red copies at 22.40, -92.97. Coins on. Go ahead General." Colonel Lincolns replied.

"Humanity is nearly extinct - Ford made an army of robots and they're killing everyone! We recieved intel that their primary base of operation is in the Mojave." Gen. Sabley reported, "You have full autonomy - do whatever it takes to end this." A long silence followed before Coins asked if his family was safe only to be answered by a formal negative.

"I'm dropping her near Phoenix." Coins reported.

"God speed. Let the little blind medusa know we're heading up around Oak Ridge. Sabley out." the General cut comms.

"She doesn't like you pointing out her blindness..." he said to himself. Coins pressed a button on the side of his helmet - letting a comms beep wake his co-pilot, Mayana. While he made a sharp right over the Gulf of Mexico heading westward, Mayana woke.

"What's going on? This better be worth it." she said, annoyed. Coins calmly explained the situation and as he did, Mayana's blood boiled. "All those people..." she said with the fury of hell on her breath, "I always knew Ford--" "We all knew, deep down," Coins interrupted, "but we need to focus up now - and follow Sableys' lead. I'm going to put you down a couple miles outside of Phoenix, Arizona. It should be a good place for you to start." Mayana knew Coins wasn't talking about landing. "I'm sorry we never really got along very well - I tried being a good--", Coins was cut off.

"Drop it," she said, "if that's your choice then do it - don't get sappy and fuck up the plan. We both have to do our part to stop him and yours is to get me exactly where I need to be as fast as possible."

"Copy that," Coins sighed, flipping switches to detach and deploy as much weight as possible, "Dropping everything."

"Overriding comms." Mayana said, blaring rock music into Coins' ears. Normally this would annoy him but, for this final act, who can say no to Gun's N' Roses? Coins flipped the thrust override switch and punched it - hard. The acceleration pressed them both back into their seats.

"Mach 3.2...3.5...4...5...6..." Coins read out in order to stay conscious as the altimeter skipped down from 85,000 to 55,000 and faster to 35,000 while they nose dived to their destination. Mayana concentrated on the altimeter - powering up her suit and preparing the in-built med-kit. Even with the suit I have a good chance of dying from this, she thought, wondering in the back of her mind whether Coins was actually trying to kill her. Coins' nose and eyes bled from the pressure. At 20,000 feet in the air and travelling straight down at Mach 8, 3 seconds to gorund, she began restlessly shaking her legs and arms - a technique used by boxers and MMA fighters so that they can react as quick as possible to their opponent. "2...1..." Coins said.

The desert shook as the hot ball of twisted metal and fire turned the immediate surrounding of sand into glass. The dark early morning was cold and a breeze blew the fire about while a silhouette blurred by the heat walked from within the flames - rifle in hand. Mayana stood, the most furious thing in the desert, blood running down her forehead, with the disintegrated corpse of her co-pilot and a blaze of unrecognizable metal behind her. The blood she spat boiled when it touched the ground. The super soilder had landed and was thirsty for blood.

~

7 months ago
It was quiet. Mayana went over her checklist, "Wind: 0.03, Temperature: 32, Vibrations: Nominal, Heart: Nominal," she continued, going through her personal ritual, having done it an uncountable number of times. She could feel every muscle and ligament pull and compress in her arm with the familiar movement of slowly pulling her finger a mere inch from the trigger. She lied in wait for the opportune moment - the barrel of her rifle aimed downtown.

Her rifle was custom-built special for her and surpassed even the best rifles today in every category. Her P-HTR bolt-action sniper rifle weighed in at only 2.67kg, with .19ftlb recoil, a 0.02 arc-minute LAFS (Laser Audio Frequency Scope) resolution and mechanisms in place to accept both .338 Lapua and .50 BMG rounds - it was a masterpiece of firepower. Mayana's Laser Audio Frequency Scope allowed for her to clearly see an area with target overlay by projecting a low energy light beam at the target from distances several miles away and bouncing the frequency back to be live-converted to sound. The sound created is just noise to amateurs but for a blind sniper the sounds created a 3D depth map, and Mayana was no amateur in the business. Her unprecedented record of high-profile kills led her to immense riches which she spent entirely on her rifle and the peripheries to it - making her not only the deadliest sniper in history but also dead broke until the US Military accepted her as a top-secret experimental project. The rifle was only part one of her two-piece overkill set.

Her headphones that jacked directly into the side of her scope were also a marvel of technological progress - they provide the clearest and greatest sound quality man has ever achieved. The Sennheiser CQ 9900k "Medusa" custom-built in-ear monitors; boasting a miniature 2mm driver using advanced TrueResponse technology to achieve a total harmonic distortion factor of 0.00001%. The ergonomic design was moulded from her ears and so even the minute differences between her ear structures were accounted for and made negligible to her performance. Fully water, chemical, and shock proof they were virtually indestructable. They had a variable cable length from 0.3 to 5 meters, impedance of only 5 Ohms, frequency response from .001mHz to 30kHz, a hyperdynamic transducer principle, attentuation up to .01mdB, and, through use of an analog dial on the left ear, a variable sound pressure level from 0 to 200dB.

These two pieces of equipment allowed the legendary blind sniper to, if she were inclined to humor the idea, clearly visualize a common housefly on top of the Eiffel tower from the outskirts of Paris - and count the individual lenses of the fly's eyes without much strain.

In her perch 12 miles away from downtown Phoenix, Mayana could easily distinguish the two living people and the corpse they were talking to - at least, she thought it was a corpse. Zooming in on it's neck and finding no sign of pulse by the minute frequency change created by the obvious pulsating vein in the neck, she determined it must be a robot or zombie - but more likely a robot "but it'd be cool if it were a zombie," she thought. The large metal robots near the target created a sort of glare - being so reflective had it's consequences on her LAFS system, but even so her equipment operated at a high precision and after doing a diagnosis of her own health she deteremined that landing a shot anywhere would not be a problem. Reading lips perpendicularly was difficult, but from what was gathered she could shoot either party. A burning hatred for Ford gave her motivation to kill anyone working with him: Digit, and anyone related to him: Megbert and Olivia. "The enemy of my enemy can be killed later," she thought, aiming for Digit's head.

"Da bi te koklja brcnila," she said in her native language, putting her finger lightly on the trigger then, pulling slowly, "...bitch."

A thunderous roar erupted from the barrel of her rifle. Less than a second later, Digit was hit with a thicc piece of hot metal that instantly burned off his face and initially, to Mayana, killed him with a single shot. "Easy." she smiled, picking up her gear and heading out to run off before one of the bots find her.

~

7 months ago

These were very well written Ford.  The extreme detail of all of Maya's kill gear seems to fit your writing style.

The "thicc piece of hot metal" kinda broke my immersion into the story a bit but it was also funny.  

~

7 months ago
Well it took long enough to update again but I'd say these last two posts were worth it. Mayana seems a little OP however, how was she supposed to die again?

~

7 months ago
By calling EndMaster a faggot, of course! :)

~

7 months ago

These were great, and Digit being hit by a thicc piece of metal was very appropriate. A lot of characters in this story have incredible powers, making it all the more fun to see what happens when they face off.

~

7 months ago
Nobody wants to be life-sized in a larger-than-life story.

~

2 months ago
The wind blew gently through the forestest valley and up past the hills. It was a quiet spring afternoon - birds chirping, animals humping, all the usual natural things were at peace. That was as it had always been for this little section of the forest. Perhaps it was meant to be that way for eternity. "I love you," the birds seemed to sing, "I love you too." All the creatures of the forest frolicked and spoke of the peace and weather and the little things about their corner of the world that made it nice this time of year. "The water is so clear - so pure," the squirrels observed, "so bountiful and delicious," the Eagles shared. "Work work work," said the ants. "Mmmm delicious flies," said the spider. "I can't see shit," said a cricket. The entire forest seemed to stop - like a record scratch happened, all heads turned to this insolent cricket that stood upon a leaf surrounded by brush and bushes. Even the wind seemed to stop at such a vulgar comment. "How dare you?" some questioned, others simply nodded disapprovingly. The Eagle landed to the cricket and turned its eye at the bug that dared speak out. "You have brought down the mood - how inconsiderate. How rude. You are nothing but a cricket. Who do you think you are to have said something so negative?" the Eagle reproached. It was then that the forest knew its mistake. The air had gone still and every being felt it at once: instinct. Instinct to run. Instinct of death. Some froze while others jumped back and still others found shelter for what gave the spring forest such a chill and fright was not natural by any means. The cricket looked at the Eagle which was frozen before it and answered softly "I am." The Eagle, still unable to move it's wings or legs, queried with a gulp: "You are?" In a resounding voice which would echo for miles, the cricket answered: "I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE!" The forest shone bright - a blinding white light overtook every being. "AND I BRING YOU--FIRE!" In an instant it was though the sun was brought down upon the forest like the tip of a pen brought down to make a period. The forest was gone. What was not vaporized was left burning and charred. The river had evaporated along with the moisture in the fish. It would not flow again until after the snowfall of next year.

~

2 months ago
Now this is a much better view.
Great introduction. It's my favorite character already.

~

2 months ago
Now that the trees were gone the cricket could see far into the distance from atop a lowly hill. Indeed what it saw was a great castle in the distance - one still being built. The power eminating from the castle was detectable even by the crickets' measly antennae; a place of danger was ahead. The cricket chirped in excitement and went on its way towards the great structure.

~

2 months ago
Digit fumed at his loss of contact with the enemy. "Fucking worthless piece of shit bots can't even..." he ranted while travelling out of Phoenix and beginning on the mountain pass towards Lothric 2: Electric Boogaloo. He'd fly if the bullet hadn't damaged his flight control system. "...and where the fuck is--?!" his thought was cut short by a large robotic beast dropping down from a nearby cliff. It was a giant wolf with three heads and a ferocious set of weaponry embedded in it's frame. "I need a ride." Digit said, looking up at the beasts' central head. One of the heads growled and fire burned through its sharp metal teeth. Digit gulped, "Alright! Alright! Sorry, I just had a losing streak I'm a little frustrated. May I please get a ride back to base? I need some repairs." The beast circled around Digit - inspecting. "C'mon Corgi, we need to get going. There are three, not two, like Chanbot told us." Upon hearing this the dog stopped inspecting and barked softly, gesturing for Digit to get on its back. The two commanders took off for Lothric, stopping only to kill leftover travellers and secluded persons in the mountains as instructed.

~

2 months ago
It was a clear day around sundown. A cloaked figure emerged from the desert mountains and walked along the weathered pass until coming across tracks not natural to this world. Large wolf-like tracks. The wind blew his hood away and out came his glorious mustache and rugged looks. He followed the tracks backwards due to the blood he found off to the side of the path. As the sun set he came upon a gruesome scene. A carriage and several bodies freshly laid to waste. Two of the bodies were children mauled to a bloody pulp and unrecognizable. The other was a woman he immediately recognized in horror. His friend's wife. His dear friend's children more likely than not. The horrible cause: unfound. A beast that could make tracks so large could do the deed if his friend were not present, but the mustached man knew his friend well. "He would not have left them to die. He would not have left their bodies as such. He could easily subdue anything in this desert just as well as I." he could not accept this outcome as a human, as a man, as a friend. He spent that night burying the dead and saying prayers over their graves. Upon morning he left on a sorrowful note that he did not know many prayers in the jewish faith. The tracks in the dirt were mostly gone but the blood trail remained and was easy to follow. Upon reaching halfway up a mountain he saw it in the distance - something unnatural. A structure so large and unfamiliar yet so far that he could not make out quite what it was. Undoubtedly he would find clues there.

~

2 months ago
A days' walk at an appropriate pace and he was coming up on the great castle - meeting opposition in the form of murderous robots. He swiftly dealt with them in punches and wit. Their bullets could never pierce his spirit. No sooner had he entered the area at the front gates of the castle when he noticed his friends' rotting corpse disgracefully impaled upon a large stick. Many others were in a similar state. His blood boiled. The horrible things he had seen in life never did seem to prepare him for the next worst thing. He said a quick prayer and vowed to return and bury the remains properly. He felt ready to meet the beast which subdued his dear friend. He sighed and combed his mustache before entering the large gates of the castle. The courtyard was large and elegant but dead and grey - without life and entirely of cut stonebrick. Laying lazily on top of a three headed wolf robot was what appeared to be a normal person despite the facial injury revealing robotic parts underneath the skin. The mustached man stared at the cyborg from a distance and the nearest head of the wolf focused in on the new intruder. "Another unexpected thing. You wanna take this one? I've not been having much luck with people recently." Digit said, sliding off the giant metal dog's surface and taking a step back to sit on a nearby stone bench. The dog walked cautiously towards the stranger. The mustached man greeted them kindly and continued, "I am looking for those responsible for the death of a most recent jewish man who can be found disgraced just outside the gate. His family asked me to ensure his burial and so I would find it most kind of those responsible to pay for the funeral services." Digit looked in awe. Corgi looked uninterested and walked with less caution than before around the stranger - sniffing for anything unusual. "I assure you I have come with no drugs or weapons so if I may be directed to the resposible party for that man's death..." "You just blow in from stupid-town or something? Bots!" Digit called for the murderous robots under his command, but no answer was given. The mustached man chuckled, "Were those your friends? I took care of them before coming in." The two robotic beings gained a sinister grin "Oooh yeah...the Jewish guy. With the two brats and his waifu," Digit began, "I remember seeing them along the road some time ago. Poor sap said he'd give us his life for theirs if I recall correctly. A shame that deal fell through. What were you again? Friends?" "I see. So you are the responsible parties." the man said calmly, "Then as far as you are concerned: I am just a man." "Well, now that you've got your answer, what'll it be old timer?" Digit stood up and Corgi growled, ready to add to the decoration out front. The man took a deep breath and rolled up his sleeves.

~

2 months ago
Corgi lunged ferociously at the man from behind only to be sent flying through the front gates and into the mountain side with a serious punch. "I see you folks are uninterested in paying for the funeral so you have earned your own." the man said. Digit stared in awe at the power of a punch that sent his fellow commander flying 500 yards out the gate. His sensors were going wild while the human portion of his body had chosen to fight and began to shake and twitch. The mustache turned to face him and digit crouched low - revving his parts to gain excess power. The man plucked a hair from his stache and flicked it toward digit. Digit was barely able to dodge in time. The hair had flown like a super-sonic bullet and scratched the metal side of his face - creating a thin scar across the steel. It was then that digit decided that he would reveal his trump card sooner rather than later. Were he a younger man he would have instantly went for his most powerful mode but Digit was no stranger to battle now - timing was most important particularly against a strong enemy. He crouched still lower and with a loud crack of the ground breaking beneath him, Digit was at the mustached man in an instant. The man barely blocked the incoming kick and was able to transfer the blow down into the courtyard ground - breaking the bricks into rubble and releasing a shockwave that propagated all the way to the gate and back.

~

2 months ago
The man flung Digit back - sending him flying into the side of the castle. A bright light eminated behind the mustached man now, and he turned to face what was undoubtedly an oncoming attack. He was right. Corgi had two remaining heads and one of them was open wide with a ball of plasma forming in its maw. Corgi fired a laser directly at the man - scorching the ground along the path of the beam. The instant before the beam reached the man, he plucked another mustache hair and flicked it. The beam split - melting the decor about the courtyard on either side of the man. The hair not only split the beam but also split Corgi's plasma-controlling head directly in half causing an explosion at the Cerberus being. Corgi's last head barked, sending a rod of lightning towards the man which shook the ground and melted stone as it travelled. Corgi was coated in arcing electricity now and the handsome face smirked beneath a mustache - mocking the dog. Digit crawled from the high wall of the castle and before dropping down, observed something he could not see. Corgi, coated in lightning, disappeared at the same time as the enemy. Just as the sonic boom made it to Digit both reappeared on the other side of the courtyard. Corgi's limp metal body was totalled. The man had crushed the last head into scrap metal and Corgi was dead. Digit dropped down into the courtyard and saw the man had a much shorter mustache now - trimmed to perfection. His fist was coated in the hair that previously adorned his face. "Your turn." he said to Digit.

~

2 months ago
Digit was no stranger to the sight of a comrade dying, but a beloved friend and companion was always difficult to let go. The man steeled himself into a classic boxing position as Digit's arc reactor began to thump in his chest. With every pulse the sound of electricity in the air rose and the courtyard began to shake. Soon enough the hairs on the mans' arm and neck were standing. Motors began to whir and the cyborg's augmented muscles tensed slowly. There was no need for words between the two enemies now. Each was fighting for revenge. They both had taken their fair share of damage from each other. Digit's physical form began to pixelate leaving green and purple artifacts in place of his body. The man immediately threw a handful of mustache hairs that zipped through Digit like he no longer existed. In the blink of an eye, before the man's body noticed he had been attacked, he had his face in the dirt and his ears were ringing. The man quickly jumped up and moved away - observing Digit closely and finding only that Digits physical form was blurry and headache inducing. It made the man's eyes ache more than anything. The man was wise, he had fought before; he closed his eyes and heightened his other senses. It was not much help against Digit's power. The sound around him was wracked with electric buzzing which concealed the sound of Digit's movements. Digit did not wait very long on the man - he knew this power-intensive form would not last forever. In another sonic boom they exchanged blows - the man could feel Digits' malice approaching from the front, but was wise and knew Digit a trickster now so he attacked behind and jumped upward to dodge. Digit was unimpressed. The glitchy cyborg blew fire and scorched the man to a crisp following up with an axe kick: flinging the man to the ground. Burned and bleeding, the man was still handsome and his mustache unfazed.

~

one month ago
Closing his eyes had not helped much except to negate the headache. The man had no cyborg parts like Digit, so he could not attack over a great area with much effect. It was time for him to choose: offense or defense? If he attacks with all his power, it may not hit Digit; but if it does hit then Digit will surely die - and he will be vulnerable without much strength left in enemy territory. The man thought carefully while dodging as best he could. He knew if he went for defense he could only last so long - and in that time there may not come an opportunity to strike accurately, but he may be able to find the weakness in Digit's power and with a precise strike he may be able to kill the cyborg. Either way he saw himself greatly fatigued in the end, if not dead. As Digit lands a flurry of blows from all directions, which stretegy will the man go with?

~

one month ago

Offense

~

one month ago
OFFENSE

~

one month ago
With fire in his eyes, the man goes for offense. He gets knocked back and stands tall - angrily looking directly at the graphically intense cyborg. He grunts and with a poof his mustache is fully regrown. "What the fuck?" Digit mutters under his breath. The man then rips his entire mustache off in one piece and is now bloody, clean shaven, and holding his curled mustache in hand. "What the fuck?" Digit says, outloud this time. The man throws his mustache sky high - leaving himself open for a moment. Digit was not one to miss such an opportunity, and struck the man's torso hard with his metal leg - sending him flying into the wall. A second later a shadow appeared on the ground. It got darker, and Digit looked up to find the sky blotted out by mustache hairs. They were giant - like spears and were raining down into the courtyard at unbelievable speed. It didn't matter where Digit was - the mustache hairs would strike. The man had thought he won, he had avenged his friend and the cyborg would die.

~

19 days ago
Digit didn't have the energy to dodge - he didn't have the defense to negate them. He stared for a brief moment at his impending doom and fired the rest of his energy into a concentrated beam directly above him. It did nothing, and Digit died soon after - pierced by thousands of spear-like hairs that then went limp as the previously-stached man used the last of his strength to get up. The man limped to the gate of the courtyard. As he came closer, he noticed a boy sitting on top of the courtyard wall next to the gate. The small blond boy in a blue and yellow jump suit clapped slowly while the mustachless fighter neared the gate. "Congratulations!" the boy yelled out to the man as he threw a grenade at the feet of the weary fighter. The man did not have the energy to fight another - he accepted that this will be his grave. He got revenge for his friend, and that was enough. The grenade exploded with great fury and a blinding flash of light. The man was covered in confetti and glitter - surrounded by balloons shaped in letters to read "HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS!1!!" The man was awestruck and confused. "Sorry for the scare, it was the only one I had on me with confetti in it," the boy said, "You see, my birthday is coming up pretty soon." "Happy early birthday." The man said, hoping to coerce his way out of the courtyard and back home alive. "Thanks! It's 10 months from now." Chris said with a wide smile. "Try some of the confetti! I made it myself - it's edible and quite sweet!" The man felt like a hostage of sorts, his weakness and fatigue overwhelmed him so he ate a couple confetti pieces and agreed that they were sweet. "Well Chris, I will send you a birthday card when your special day comes around. I must be going now though, so if you'll excuse me..." the man was careful to be pleasant and polite. "Can't wait for the card! Have a good one!" Chris said, cheerfully hopping down from the wall and walking towards the castle. As they parted further, the man felt even more relieved. He could see his wife, a woman, and his child, a girl, for the first time in a few days. Just as he crossed through the gate, a hole the size of a cannon ball had been blown out of his abdomen - gore and viscera spread out in a V-shape in front and back of the man. Chris, watching from just out of range of the blood splatter, contorted a wickedly wide smile on his face.

~

18 days ago
>10 months from now >I was born on November 3rd, three days from now Checks out.

~

18 days ago
This made me laugh

~

14 days ago
Olivia woke immediately and with a clear head. It was as though she had slowly blinked but a great physiological change had occurred. Her body was calm but her heart was racing - she was standing still with lax shoulders but it felt like she had experienced some shock. As her vision adjusted to the low light level, a sense of confusion and anxiety set in. Her military training kept her calm, she had to make a decision despite the supernatural experience she was going through. She stood unable to move in a night indigo desert - cacti spread intermittently about her flat sandy setting. The air felt disgustingly thick. There was no wind but the air seemed to flow around her - slow like the natural resin dripping down the side of a tree. Her body felt it easy and normal to breathe, but her mind did not like the feeling of such a thick substance passing through her nostrils and exiting her lungs. She checked her movement - wiggling her toes successfully, gripping her hands, and finally moving her head. She looked around herself. The terrain seemed to end only a few yards out before it disappeared into the dark violet of the night sky. Looking to her right, a dark silhouette of a person; the light beyond them was what seemed to be a white orb glowing as the moon does but not detailed in any way. It was like looking at a two dimensional black and white painting. She questioned this reality, was it a dream? Was she dead? Was she injected with hallucinogenic drugs? ==================================== A Few Moments Ago... ==================================== Megbert travelled at lighting speed with Olivia to the north of Phoenix. They were lucky to be alive after what had happened. They had nearly been captured by Digit and or killed by an unknown gunman from afar. As they raced into the mountains along paths lightly worn they searched for a place to recuperate. Olivia's radar went off - Megbert had stopped abruptly. She turned back and found him lying ont he ground out cold. A woman stood staring down at him with a hint of curiosity. Olivia pulled a gun on the woman - it didn't matter how Megbert had been stopped but this woman standing in the middle of this dirt path was cleraly responsible. "Who are you and what have you done to my brother?!" Olivia barked. The woman turned to Olivia slowly, "I am the mountain. The ancients had given me Miz-Al, or 'Mountain Queen' in your language. This man ran right into me and seems to have knocked himself unconscious in doing so." Olivia confirmed what the woman said as true by checking Megberts' vitals through her digital heads-up-display. "I will be going now, I'm searching for someone." the mountain queen said calmly. "Don't fucking move." Olivia said cautiously, aiming her gun towards the strange woman. Faster than even Olivia's nanobot suit could detect, Mizal had moved within arms reach of Olivia and encased her gun (and the rest of Olivia's arm) in stone. "I mean no harm," Mizal said, tapping Olivia's helmet deactivation button. Olivia stood in shock and as her helmet rejoined the nanobots of her suit, the two womens' eyes met. Mizal squinted suspiciously - but relaxed her eyes in understanding. Olivia was at a loss for words. "The dormant power within you is that which I seek to destroy, but you are not the one whom I search for. I will seal your natural affinity as taking it from you would end your life; and I've stated I intend no harm." Mizal put her palm against Olivia's forehead, "You'd like to hear this isn't personal but I'd like you to know: it is." With that, both nanobot clad heroes were left unconscious on the path; and the mountain queen had left. =========================================== Olivia's body moved cautiously toward the humanoid figure. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." she meant to say out loud - but her words fell silent and her mouth would not move. Her mind struggled to speak but her face remained relaxed while she slowly stepped towards the silhouette. As she neared it, no finer details revealed themselves. It was but a dark shadow - unmoving amidst a large blinding light. The closer she got, the hotter it got. It was as though the large white light was giving off an immense amount of heat. She pressed on, finally getting close enough to the silhouette to confirm: it was an odd looking rock formation; oddly human-shaped but not unnaturally so. Despite this, Olivia reached to the rock formation - placing her hand where the right shoulder of a person would be. In that moment fear washed over her. Her blood ran cold and her eyes went wide. For in that moment she felt a hand come to rest on her own right shoulder. Had she not gone numb with fear, she would have noticed that the rock felt frozen and the hand on her shoulder was extremely hot. Her muscle memory from training activated in an instant and her head turned to look at who or what had placed a hand on her shoulder. Before she could turn fully too see, a blinding white light had taken over her vision. As her eyes adjusted, her surroundings had changed to a pure white space that was extremely hot and uncomfortable. In front of her, a dark violet gateway and more shockingly, she was staring at herself - and her other self stared back. The Olivia she was, in the white hot reality, stared at an Olivia she felt familiar with - despite never seeing herself in such a state. The Olivia standing in the desert was engulfed in red flame - staring angrily back at her. Before she could comprehend such a phenomena, the portal to the desert began to shrink. The white space had no ground to walk on, no space to exist through and attempt to return back to the desert area. The purple gateway shrunk until only the passionate eyes of the fiery Olivia were left - and eventually it entirely disappeared. Olivia blinked and woke up back in a familar reality. Her head was hazy and Megbert was near, a campfire warming her body. "You're finally awake," Megbert said, "now you can tell me what happened three days ago - and why you developed the mark of a hand on your shoulder while you slept."

~

14 days ago
The beginning was pretty trippy.
MIZAL INTRODUCTION. Scratch what I said before. The whole thing is prettt trippy. That is not bad. Looking forward to the next part.

~

14 days ago
Mizal walked steadily through the mountain pass, following a thin trail of soot on the ground that began only recently to look darker. She came into view of a great castle - being finished up structurally by many robots. She could sense the great spirit she looked for and others; and in turn, she could feel them sense her. A few weeks ago, a fire had started in her santuary. Not just any fire, but a great fireball which appeared at the behest of an unnatural spirit. It burned away her valued nature and scorched the life which fed from her Earth. It had been centuries since Mizal felt this anger; a burning hatred down to the core of the planet seethed within her. As a mountain, she was unnaffected on the outside. Immovable. Many forests and life had been burned across the planet since the first incident and now she found the culprit - the so-called God of Hellfire was near.

~

14 days ago
In my defense, I couldn't see shit.

~

13 days ago

dope

~

8 days ago
WELL? Where's the rest? You've had a week.

Story finally starting to get good, no more month long hiatuses allowed.

~

7 days ago
Can't rush imperfection

~

15 hours ago
A tremendous pressure came over the castle as Mizal approached. Many would say she was pissed, but she would insist she was only lightly peeved. A rage that can sunder mountains boiled within her; no one on Earth could understand the depth of a mountains' passion nor could they comprehend the weight of its actions. As Mizal entered the courtyard at a calm pace, several enemies leaped out at her - a blond boy threw explosives, a man in a dark cloak throws knives into the smoke, and a young girl lands a kick that sends a shockwave around the courtyard, breaking the ground and clearing the smoke. Though the girls' leg shattered, it healed almost instantly upon landing away from Mizal. Mizal had hardly noticed anything had been done to her. She looked at the young girl with regenerative powers like a woman looking at a fly she was too lazy to get up and crush. Mizal stared squarely with a stoic face towards the upper balcony of the castle. Where there once stood these 3 adversaries, in the blink of an eye and a crash, three car-sized boulders with blood and viscera spread underneath them. One of the boulders epxloded leaving scattered rubble and a scorch mark where the yellow haired boy last stood. Mizal had hardly clenched her fist, but the spirit she was after could feel the power radiating from outside the castle. The God of Hellfire was not one to shy away from a fight. A small cricket hopped out to the main courtyard balcony. Upon making visual contact with each other, the courtyard bricks between them began to crack and split. The weather was just clearing up, and Mizal was struck by rays of sunlight peeking through the clouds which still shaded the cricket. The sky was split between them.

~

15 hours ago
Commended by mizal on 11/19/2019 7:13:37 AM
"Try not to destroy my castle, Cricket." It was technically an order, and it didn't like being called Cricket, but it stuck. The god of hellfire didn't have to follow the order anyways, and wouldn't normally, but the promise of being able to burn this world to ash enticed it, and so it decided to go along with the odd looking cyborg for now. Cricket now faced off with this woman; the god of hellfire need no reason to burn... she thought. In a flash of light the courtyard was set ablaze and the blood left at the edges of the giant boulders boiled away. The trees disintegrated and the ambient temperature about the courtyard rose several hundred degrees. "You'll have to get hotter than that." Mizal mocked. "Oh it just felt a bit chilly out to me. I figured we might be more comfortable a little warmer. I can get a lot hotte--" Cricket was interrupted by a large boulder, twice the size of the others before it, smashing down upon her and crushing the balcony down to ground level. The boulder began to turn red and a part of it began to melt before the entire thing exploded in a fiery blast. "You dare..." Cricket was now also 'slightly peeved' and looked to end the life set before her. Mizal stepped, raising house-sized portions of rock out of the ground. Cricket's voice boomed across the land: "I AM THE GOD OF HELLF--" "I am the mountain." Mizal said calmy, clapping her hands together - crushing Cricket between the two flat face chunks of Earth. A moment of silence passes when the two building-sized rocks burst into millions of tiny pieces. "AND I BRING YOU..." the God of Hellfire burned a bright blue, "FIRE!" The energy released proceded to melt the courtyard into a half-inch thick layer of magma and, as it was a directed burst, cleanly cut off Mizals' left arm at the shoulder. The two entities stood angrily - steeped in the cooling magma on the ground and surrounded by falling debris lit with a soft red fire. Mizal stomped her left foot, bringing up a column of bedrock that stuck to her shoulder and broke off in the shape of her missing arm. Both of them were adequately peeved now, and the warmups were over.

~

10 hours ago
Really like how epic this story makes things that would otherwise be so ridiculous to visualize: like a mountain fighting a cricket. I've been looking forward to how to played out since.....

.....according to search, February was when you first started talking about this scene, huh.

~

6 hours ago
glad I took some notes cause otherwise I would've forgotten how this scene was supposed to go lol