Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
Commended by BerkaZerka on 2/26/2021 8:24:47 PM

***EXCERPT FROM THE CHRONICLES***

"Come forward, Mad Hatter's Daughter.  You have created this remarkable suite of illustrations and lavish art, doing honor to the site.  And now it is time that you are honored in turn."  The queen nodded slightly.

She came forward, up to the podium that had been hastily thrown together by the great throne of bone.  She lowered the microphone and tapped it a few times.

"Lady Mad Hatter's Daughter, daughter of the Mad Hatter," improvised the herald. 

"I just...assumed she was a sort of function of the site.  Like you write something and sometimes a picture comes up that sort of looks like what you wrote," whispered someone in the crowd.  "I just assumed Alex programmed that in."

"No, she's a person.  A real person, with dreams and hopes and ambitions."  This point was hotly contested and argued back and forth by several people.

"Well, I don't think so.  It's like...whenever you write to her, she's just there.  I think she's an AI.  Last time I played AI Dungeon, she was in my adventure.  It was creepy," one fellow claimed, a contention that was met with nods and thoughtful "huhs."

"Silence!" said the queen.  "Mad Hatter's Daughter, we are assembled here for the unveiling of the art that you have spent years on.  Slaving away, no doubt, on your back, Michaelangelo-style, like, using a stylus."

"She likes whales, and the Wizard of Oz, and rabbits, and other things that one can discern from a five-second glance at her online portfolio," added someone in the crowd.  "And that should be recognized or something."

Twenty brazen horns blew the anthem of CYS.

There was silence.

"Chamberlain Killa, the art," said the queen.  "Bring it forth."

"Ugh," said the chamberlain.  "Uh huh.  Yeah, that sounds like a lot of effort."

"Bring it forth.  It's right there.  By your elbow."

"Heh."

"The art that we are gathered here to see. It's right there.  Just lift it up and bring it forth."

"Uh, yeah, I should get around to that at some point lol."

"It's fine," said Mad Hatter's Daughter.  "Honestly.  I don't expect the hard work I do to be seen or anything.  I just like doing it for the sake of having it be wasted effort."

"Well, fine," said the queen.  "This concludes the honoring of you.  Oh, wait, actually we had a trophy for you.  Killa, it's there.  Bring it up here."

"..."

"Seriously?" the queen said.

"It's a .png.  Those are highly complex."

"Well, here's a commendation, I guess," said the queen. "You can have one of those."  She tossed it to Mad Hatter's Daughter, who pinned it half-heartedly on her hat.  "Sorry.  Any day though."

***END OF EXCERPT***

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
"I just assumed Alex programmed that in."

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
@Killa_robot

COME FORTH

Surprise, the thread is actually about you!

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
Commended by mizal on 2/26/2021 9:08:40 PM

Not to be even more of a tortured artist but I threw out my hand today and drawing a straight line is unbearable but I did it anyway!

This is the best thing ever after a super long week and I'm still sitting here laughing over it. Thank you so much Gower. (When you said Soon I honestly expected never, but low bars around here, am I right?)

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
<3 Mizal

Now stop drawing for awhile and get better! (The site needs that wrist and Alex isn't here to debug it!)

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago

Even with a compromised hand, this is still hundreds of times better than any of my scribbles. 

Oh, and @Gower, another fine story you've made here. 

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
What is it with cats and boxes anyway? XD

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
... Totally worth it! ^_^

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
Commended by mizal on 2/28/2021 12:05:20 PM
Come on guys, we all need to give MHD a break, and start drawing our own pics!

So, to help get the ball rolling, I have provided the following guidelines to make sure we're all on the same page!

Happy Doodles! ^v^

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
What beautiful pictures of a hill against a blue sky with a tiny cloud. Truly a masterpiece. ^_^

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
Wha???

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago

Links not working for me for some reason. :p

(Broken link image is a tiny picture of a hill against a blue sky with a little cloud.)

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
Ah, maybe they're too big for your browser? They're both like 250K or something like that.

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
Why am I dark elf?!

This is slander, AND racism!

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
Those are trivial details next to the most important one.

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
The silhouette of me standing inside a Grecian vase?

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
Yes, that. Definitely that. XD

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
Also, don't forget Malk is canonically a capybara. In fact he posted a photo of himself and Killa taken at the CYS Canada convention recently.

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
OMFG, CUTE!!! I now ship Malk x Killa for life! ^_^

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Hmm... I'll have to do something about adding an addendum.

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago

It's like looking in a mirror 

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
Thicc*

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
Thank you my good man! Fixed~

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
Commended by BerkaZerka on 2/28/2021 6:28:38 PM
So originally, I decided to make this. However, it didn't seem like enough effort for a gift to celebrate MHD's amazing art. My art skills are still atrocious but I can do better than that. So I did. I didn't know how to end it so I just decided to make it one of those infinite loop things and call it a day. Thank you MHD for the amazing art. Killa, please get off your ass and update the site with the assets she made. Thank you all for your time.

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago

Beautiful! Step aside, MHD. There's a new artist in town. ^_^

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago

Oh my god.

You guys never needed me, the (fantabulous) art was inside you all along!!

I love it.

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
Commended by hetero_malk on 2/28/2021 6:05:38 PM

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
Nimble toes, mizal, nimble toes.

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
She typed it. ^_^

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
Its clearly just advanced ascii art zoomed realllllllly far out.

Trust me, im an expert.

The Honoring of MHD

3 years ago
this is some crazy good minecraft pixelart