Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Secret Hitler!

4 months ago

Well, since the election season of the US draws is coming up and the Dutch have somehow made Dutch Trump's party the most popular one of the 2023 elections, I thought it was a good moment to try to bring democracy back to the CYS forum. In the form of a party game of course! Secret Hitler! And I'll host it :).

Minimum amount of players: 5. Maximum: 10.

What's secret Hitler?
The game is divided in a big group of liberals and a small group of fascists. Your goal as a liberal is to pass five liberal policies. As a fascist your goal is to pass either six fascist policies or get Hitler elected as chancellor after three fascist policies have passed. Hitler doesn't know who the fascists are while the fascists know who Hitler is. Of course, liberals will not know the identities of Hitler or the fascists. 

There are 11 fascist policies and 6 liberal policies in the deck.

It's basically Werewolves, but with a Weimar Germany flavour. 

Beginning of the game:
State you want to join the game. After we have the minimum amount of players, then I'll assign a role to each of you and give the fascists the names of the other fascists. You keep this role a secret. 

Average game round:
I'll compile the list of participants. The one on the top of the list will be the president. The president will elect a chancellor and announce to the forum who their pick will be. Then all the players (including chancellor and prez) will discuss and then vote whether they want to lock this choice or not. (An ayyy or a No) 

Rule 1: the president and chancellor cannot be reelected as chancellor in the next round. 
Rule 2: if there is no majority, then we will have another election cycle. The president role will be given to the next player in the list and will choose a chancellor. 
Rule 3: if after three attempts the players still fail to choose a chancellor, the card on top of the deck will be automatically enacted. 

If the majority votes for ayyy, then the president gets three policies of the deck (I will send it through the site as a personal message). The president then notifies me which policy he wants to discard and which cards he wants to keep. The policies that are kept are sent to the Chancellor (I'll manage that) who will then decide which policy will be chosen to be passed. Only this final result will be officially announced and truthful. (Of course the president and chancellor may claim what kind of cards they have received and are allowed to lie about it.)

Rule 4: The discarded cards will go to the discarded card pile. When the OG pile runs out of cards they will get reshuffled back into the deck.

What if fascist policies are enacted?
It depends on the number of players, but in general the president gets some extra powers they are allowed to use in a round. This ranges from assassination to doing a identity search.
I'll announce them after I know the amount of players willing to sign up.

Addendum:

If there is a sudden loss of interest midway through the game, then the group with the most policies passed wins.

If a player wants to quit midway, feel free to do so between the rounds. However, before you can do so, you need to have a replacement before the next round starts.

I obviously didn't do it because I wanted to host a forum game or anything heh.

Secret Hitler!

4 months ago

Reply to this message if you want to join.

Edit: we've reached the minimum amount of players! I'll leave this up for twelve more hours to give more people the chance to join.

Secret Hitler!

4 months ago
I'm unsure how much interest there will be, but I'm in if it helps get it off the ground. Doesn't seem like anything too complicated is required of players unless they want to make it that way.

Secret Hitler!

4 months ago

I initially wanted to host Werewolves, but due to the various special roles, the higher player requirement and werewolves needing to discuss their votes, I think it's unsuitable for a slower paced forum. Secret Hitler has less of these issues.

Secret Hitler!

4 months ago
We did manage a successful Werewolf style game once. I was so proud of getting to the end with no drop off except right after sign up.

Secret Hitler!

4 months ago
Which reminds me, given @Avery_Moore 's well known love for Hitler, she'd probably be into this. But I haven't seen her around recently.

Secret Hitler!

4 months ago

I'm in. This sounds fun

Secret Hitler!

4 months ago

I'll do it

Secret Hitler!

4 months ago
Big fan of the game, I’m in.

Secret Hitler!

4 months ago
I'm interested.

Secret Hitler!

4 months ago
I’ve played this before, not sure how well it translates online when half of the fun is reading people for tells irl. But I’m willing to give it a try.

Secret Hitler!

4 months ago

I'll join, it can't be too large of a time commitment.

Secret Hitler!

4 months ago

Suranna would like to submit her entry application.

Secret Hitler!

4 months ago

There's this, not sure if this will make it easier for you all.

https://secret-hitler.online/

Secret Hitler!

4 months ago
Fun and addicting.

I can't figure out if the bots have any strategy at all, or if they're completely random. I can win almost every time I'm Hitler or facist, but I haven't won as a liberal yet.

Secret Hitler!

4 months ago

I won by passing liberal policies and voting against the bots who voted against me. It probably helped that my first choice was between two fascist policies so they thought I was one of them. Or maybe it's because there was actually no secret Hitler lol.

Secret Hitler!

4 months ago

I'll do it

Annnnnnnd I commented in the wrong area. Curses.

Secret Hitler!

4 months ago

Germany needs you!

Assassinations, sudden deaths are on the rise in Weimar Germany. To keep democracy running (at least for now), we need people on stand-by. 

Join the waiting list! 

(It means you will be called in to replace a player who has been inactive for two voting rounds in a row. You'll be replacing them, take their role and join the game!. I'll also tell you whether you are a liberal or fascist. It's a great opportunity if you have missed the first sign up!)

If you are interested comment below. 

Secret Hitler!

4 months ago

I would like to sign up!

Secret Hitler!

4 months ago
I suppose I'll join the waitlist just in case