Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

The Walking Dead

9 years ago

So does anyone watch it? I can't wait for the next season...

The Walking Dead

9 years ago

I watched it up until they introduced the governor. After that, I felt it got a little ridiculous.

The Walking Dead

9 years ago

Why?

The Walking Dead

9 years ago

Well, Rick going off the deep end (I don't even like the idea of him as a protagonist), immediately letting us know that the governor was jacked up, the whole "everyone already has the virus in them" thing. I really shouldn't have pinned it all on the governor. Plus, I liked the show when it had the "roaming the countryside, surviving on the move" feel to it.

The Walking Dead

9 years ago

Well, did you know that eventually they fought back the governor? Then the governor wandered around for a while before gather a group of other survivors, before coming back to the prison to attack them? The two sides fought, and the fence come down. Almost everyone on the governor's side die, and the rest of Rick's people are separated as they ran from the prison. Then everyone decided...to...no spoilers. 

The Walking Dad

9 years ago
I've never heard of it. What's it about? Is it any good?

The Walking Dad

9 years ago

It's really good. It's the best zombie apocalypse television show you can find anywhere. It's about a police officer who goes into a coma after getting shot. A few months later, he wakes up in the hospital and the world is overtaken with walkers (zombies). He ends up leading a group of people to safety and through obstacles along the way.

The Walking Dad

9 years ago
Oh so it's just zombies... is it worth watching? "It's the best zombie apocalypse television show you can find anywhere." it's probably the only zombie apocalypse television show anywhere.

The Walking Dad

9 years ago

Well, if you put it like that...

Yes, it's worth watching. It's a great television show. 

The Walking Dad

9 years ago
Oh it's a television show... I don't watch television :P I haven't since I was a little kid.

The Walking Dad

9 years ago

LOL. You typed this whole paragraph without realizing that? Amazing.

Ford

The Walking Dad

5 minutes ago

Oh so it's just zombies... is it worth watching? "It's the best zombie apocalypse television show you can find anywhere." it's probably the only zombie apocalypse television show anywhere.

The Walking Dad

9 years ago
I noticed, just like you noticed I changed the title of the thread - but didn't say anything about it :P

The Walking iPad

9 years ago

Of course I noticed you changing the title. It's just that I don't care much for titles...

The Walking iDad

9 years ago
I was inferring that I wanted to talk about walking dads, but the subject wasn't brought up through my subtle subject change ;_; perhaps the walking zombies are dads? can zombies birth other zombies? therefore making dead dad zombies?

The Walking iPad

9 years ago

We will never talk about walking dads. It's indecent. Therefore the subject should never be brought up again, less talk about. 

The Walking iPad

9 years ago

In any case you aren't missing much, the show sucks.

All the characters range from bland to annoying to completely unlikable. The Governor is okay I guess, but even he's not compelling enough to keep watching. Lost interest around the point where the brothers were about to fight each other.

The Walking iPad

9 years ago

I bet your favorite characters were the zombies, hmmm? ;P 

The Walking iPad

9 years ago

Nah, my favorite characters are in the comic.

I really tried to look at the TV show as an alternate reality version, but it just didn't work for me.

I think the Telltale video games are better than the TV Show.

I kind of gave up on the novels though. The first one I thought was cool, but the second one was bad enough for me to not bother with the rest.

The Walking iPad

9 years ago

So did you played the Telltale game of "The Walking Dead"? My favorite part was they walked into the cannibal's farm, and the 

"Growing up in rural Georgia, you're taught not to waste. It's how I was raised and how I raised my boys. Now, you've got monsters roaming around, that do nothing but eat people! And for what? To continue to rot until they eat some more!"

I can't believe they trusted those guys so easily. 

The Walking Tread

9 years ago
So I was lied to! :O nmelssx lied saying it was good... I never thought someone would just go on the internet and tell lies. But seriously, if it's so bad why is it so popular? Is it a reality t.v. show or something? Is it a guilty pleasure daytime show for people?

The Walking Tread

9 years ago

Sorry, Ford. You just seemed really gullible, y'know? I just couldn't resist prodding you. 

The Walking Glenn

9 years ago

You didn't like the redneck brother even a little?

The Walking Glenn

9 years ago

Which one Merle or Daryl?

The dude that plays Merle usually plays a villain/asshole in a lot of things and while he's usually good in that role, he wasn't really in the show that much and I knew they were going to kill him off.

As for Daryl, I might've liked him a little more if there weren't 3 million fangirls that rave over him constantly. He's not all that interesting to me in general though.

The Walking iDad

9 years ago

it is called the walking dead but i have never watched it but i have heard about it and its about  zombie and surviivle 

The Walking Dead

9 years ago

I enjoy the series, and end up binge-watching a lot. I haven't seen past s3 though. I love Michonne and used to really like Andrea (she's badass but really stupid and annoying, also dies?). But my all time favorite character would probably have to be Daryl. Do you read the comics? They're insanely good.

The Walking Dead

9 years ago

No, I just watched the shows. Yeah, Daryl's pretty badass, but I think mine's Glenn. 

The Walking Dead

9 years ago

Glenn was my favorite, but idk, between his drama with Maggie I quickly was annoyed. Comic is great, game is awesome (Heck yeh Clementine), and the show is good.

The Walking Dead

9 years ago

Glenn really knows how to take it like a champ.

The Walking Dead

9 years ago

I think you're referring to that scene where they tied him up, and tortured him for the location of their base. Yeah, He totally destroy that zombie while being tied to a chair. 

The Walking Dead

9 years ago

I only watched the episodes where the boy gets shot when petting a deer and they have to get meds or something. I thought it was pretty boring and the characters whiny little bitches (especially the women)

I played the game till you shoot that crazy woman in that tent, then I realized my choices didn't mean jack shit and got bored by the plot so I stopped playing.

The Walking Dead

9 years ago

Yeah, your choices don't mean jack, but they show different scenes sometimes when you pick different choices, such as when you decide who you want to save or not. 

The Walking Dead

9 years ago

Yeah the video game is actually based in the comic book "universe" rather than the TV show. But to address your other post above, yeah I sort of figured they might be cannibals during that chapter.

I was sort of surprised according to the percentages most people tried to save the Lily's dad in the freezer though. I let Kenny smash his head in, that asshole had punched me in the face and left me for dead last episode, why am I going to save someone like that?

The Walking Dead

9 years ago

What's so surprising about people choosing the potential love interest?

The Walking Dead

9 years ago

Your choices affect little (sometimes bigger) things further in the story that eventually connects as whole. Idk what games you all played, but the choices do matter.

The Walking Dead

9 years ago

No they don't. Sometimes a person lasts a little longer or dies a different way, but it ends the same every time.

The Walking Dead

9 years ago

The protag for the second season of the game remembers the choices Lee (you) made in the first game. Her remembering some of things he did affect her choices onward. Also, depending on your choices at certain points, you get different endings. Additionally, choices in the DLC affect future gameplay. This said, TWD isn't really a game for intense gameplay, more for plot.

The Walking Dead

9 years ago

Yeah you seen the erb of rick and walter.

The Walking Dead

9 years ago

Walking Dead is one of my favorite shows and the two season game series is fun too. I'm a big fan of Daryl in the show, hes really cool, crazy but he knows how to survive despite being outnumbered many times by Zombies lol. I still remember that episode in season 4 with him and Beth.