Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Death Battle

8 years ago

Does anyone here watch Death Battle on Youtube? It involves discussing about two characters from any fiction (their abilities, weapons, backgrounds, skills) before the two clash into each other in an animated battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFi_RzsKajA

Here is the latest one, Dante vs Bayonetta. It's well-animated and really damn great.

Death Battle

8 years ago

It looks good, I want to see more!

Death Battle

8 years ago

I love watching Death Battle! I'm hoping they do a Superman VS Saitama or Saitama VS Goku soon.

Death Battle

8 years ago
I watched Link vs Cloud, once upon a long time ago. Though I watched the rest of their videos more for that cool animation rather than the somewhat questionable logic XD

Death Battle

8 years ago

I have watched one of them before. It was Gaara of the sand, and Toph the earth bender. Two great anime characters ^_^ I wasn't even looking for it, youtube just made it pop up like 'Hey watch this!'

Death Battle

8 years ago

Yeah i watch them regularly.

Death Battle

8 years ago

Every now and then I'll watch them. Raiden vs Wolverine was pretty cool :P

Death Battle

8 years ago

Dante vs Bayonetta was the coolest one for me. Guns, melee, magic... which is why I enjoy Devil May Cry and the Death Battle. I'm glad that the son of Sparda won.

Death Battle

8 years ago

I would've thought so :P I don't see how he could've lost. 

Death Battle

8 years ago

Well, they sort of underplayed Bayonetta, imo. Also, the creator of both series' said that Bayo would win. Just saying. Still, it was visually amazing!

Death Battle

8 years ago

That's the issue with most DeathBattles. They underplay characters (like Megaman was underplayed when fighting Astro Boy. YES, that's a fight...)

Death Battle

8 years ago

I mainly watch it because it looks cool, to be perfectly honest.

Death Battle

8 years ago

... well, I guess I was just spoiled. I haven't watched it yet, but ah well, it's my fault for reading it...

Death Battle

8 years ago

I USED to watch it. Then they started pulling dumb wins. Some were better then others, but some of them are just... what even?

Death Battle

8 years ago

Which ones were the ones which you disagreed with their logic for the winner?

Death Battle

8 years ago

Goku vs Superman, Bayonetta vs. Dante, and Luthor vs. Iron Man were the ones I couldn't really accept.

Death Battle

8 years ago

Why not? They all seemed reasonable.

Death Battle

8 years ago

Goku vs Superman was a good fight and by all means allow me to say the result was the one I expected(though I hoped that Goku would somehow win).

I don't know a lot on the Bayonetta universe to comment if the fight was fair or not.

They used logic in this one, what did you possibly think was unfair. I mean Luthor had Iron Man on the rope for most of the fight...

Death Battle

8 years ago

It looked nice, I just didn't agree with the ending. Standard Supes, imo, would lose to Goku. There are several versions of Superman that would completely wreck Goku, (Silver Age Superman with his sneezing galaxies away, Superman Prime with his basically being God, etc.) but I think that the normal, modern Superman would be beaten by Goku.

Fair enough.

When I posted, I was under the impression that Superior Iron Man was in a non-616 Earth, but apparently I was wrong. Assuming SIM takes place on Earth-616, then that's my bad.

Death Battle

8 years ago

Snake vs. Sam Fisher was probably my favorite in the series. Especially the part with the box.

Death Battle

8 years ago

For those on mobile, Hey I gotchu Fam

I like Death Battle, but I couldn't get over the Deadpool v Deathstroke one. It was total bullshit.

Also didn't like the second Superman v Goku. He was so overpowered in that one, I was wondering where all that power was in the first. Why didn't he just do all that shit the first time around? It was LITERALLY a kick in the gut for people who were angry with the first one.

Death Battle

8 years ago

If you mean why Goku didn't use his current powers it's because the first Goku vs Superman happened before the animates movie that revealed Goku's new powers. It's the reason why they made a second Goku vs Superman in the first place. The fans thought that with the new powers, Goku would beat the Man of Steel and demand a rematch en masse.

Death Battle

8 years ago

No, I was referring to that Supes was on the ropes in the first one, but the sun saved him in the end.

But in the second one, Goku was even MORE powerful, but Supes was barely touched.

Death Battle

8 years ago

Oh yeah, to that I completely agree, but I think that they made the first fight a close one so that the end result wouldn't be up for guessing. At the second one, a lot of people were probably expecting Superman to win again... at least it's what I think.

Death Battle

8 years ago

Deadpool has crazy regeneration factor.  If he doesn't have it,  Deathstroke will kick his ass.

Death Battle

8 years ago

You got that right.

Death Battle

8 years ago

Yeah, that's pretty true. Deathstroke just 360 no-scopes people with no effort.

Death Battle

8 years ago

He has WAY more skill than Deadpool.

Death Battle

8 years ago

I think that new movie was pointless....... 

Death Battle

8 years ago

And Deathstroke will own everyone if the people he fight don't have crazy regeneration.

Death Battle

8 years ago

IF they don't have a regeneration factor. Honestly that's what I dislike about the comment section at Death Battle, there will always be someone to complain that their favorite character lost even when presented with the logic. Deadpool had a way to deal with mutants with regeneration, Deathstroke didn't, easy as that.

Death Battle

8 years ago

I'm not a fan. Some of their logic was reasonable, some of it really, really wasn't--which can be frustrating regardless of whether or not you were rooting one way or the other, and the comment sections just made me cringe.

Death Battle

8 years ago

I watch them mostly for the animations, not the logic. I'm kinda upset with Robocop vs Terminator, Goku vs Superman, Batman vs Spiderman, and a few others though. But they're still cool nonetheless.