Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Procrastination

11 years ago

Does anyone else find that writing a story is easy, but when it comes time to edit it you procrastinate endlessly?

I write too quickly for my typing skills to keep up and don't plan ahead so my writing is riddled with spelling and grammar errors even if the story itself makes sense but when it comes time to edit it I just can't make myself... Doing this right now is procrastination... Please someone post in the forum games I'm playing in so I can do those instead of correcting more of my own grammar...

Procrastination

11 years ago

Editing is easy, its the writing part that gets me.

Procrastination

11 years ago

But it just drags on and I make so many dam typos I have to read each page like twenty times...

Procrastination

11 years ago

ahh, same

Procrastination

11 years ago

I'm just going to smile and nod and pretend I know what Procrastination means cheeky

Procrastination

11 years ago

Procrastination means putting off or delaying or deferring an action to a later time. Which i do for writing and editting.

Procrastination

11 years ago

I really don't have problems with one over the other.  However, I am really rusty in writing, so I find it takes a lot to get me started, whether for writing or editing.

Actually, I find editing a lot easier lately because I don't have to lose myself to it the same way.  Chasing after a three year old takes up a lot of my time.

Procrastination

11 years ago

Ask someone (Fireplay playa988 Aman Briar notmeimcurrentlybusy jjj endmaster october berkazerka cool74 xt mynoris ms.natalo covelite are recommended ppl) to do it for you then...

That's what Co-authors are for

Procrastination

11 years ago

I should offer to edit for some people after I'm more of a known element around here.

Procrastination

11 years ago

At the moment I'm fixing horrible and embarrassing mistakes, I'll happily accept help once those are out of the way

Procrastination

11 years ago

I refuse any and all offers to co-author stories for any reason because I tend to get a request every 2-3 days and there's no way I could accommodate all of them even if I wanted to.

Procrastination

11 years ago

Well, I personally don't mind editing for others, so you could always,like what swift said, ask me to help edit or something... I am too lazy to continue working on my game till march, when I have a month to write before school starts

Procrastination

11 years ago

I pretty much procrastinate anything as soon as it becomes a goal of mine haha. I've been procrastinating writing this one story for about a year now, and I've given up entirely on one from six years ago.

So no, I don't find it easy to write a story. I find it incredibly easy to edit, though. I spent more time editing those six or seven pages of Apprentice than I did writing them.

Procrastination

11 years ago

i make the coauthor edit hahaha (sorry aman)

Procrastination

11 years ago

Fair enough, that's your choice. Keep in mind though that editing your own work is a great way of improving your writing skills (as well as a great way of making things easier for Aman!).

Procrastination

11 years ago

very true (but aman does a good job )

Procrastination

11 years ago

Ha, I enjoy editing, which is probably why I accept doing stuff like this. 

Procrastination

11 years ago

oh well that takes all the fun out of it your fired bumps him and whispers not really

Procrastination

11 years ago

I know what you mean. I'm writing a musical at the moment, but I can't stop procrastinating! I just keep hovering in the Forum Games.