Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Sup

8 years ago

I have been lurking for like a month and finally made in an account when i got decently far into a game. This is just a hello to all. Tips or advice on writing one are welcome.

Sup

8 years ago

I hope you come to be one of the regulars, and appreciate this site as much as we do. Have fun!

Sup

8 years ago

I think I will be, thanks! I love writing and these story games.

Sup

8 years ago

Welcome to the jungle! We have fun and games!

Sup

8 years ago

Ya learn to live like an animal in the jungle where we play.

Sup

8 years ago

Hello, new person! Is the name associated with the movie Cool Cat? That'd be amusing. There's only really one writing tip to mention: Don't publish Demos/Teasers/Part 1's or anything that isn't a full storygame. For anything else, the Writer's Workshop is full of people who are very helpful and great if you want advice or tips.

Sup

8 years ago

No sorry. I just think I'm cool. Nah, I won't do that...that's lame as heeell.

Sup

8 years ago

Aw... But, Cool Cat saves the kids and likes to rock and roll. I don't get why he's not the most popular thing ever.

Sup

8 years ago

I will have to watch it!

Sup

8 years ago
Welcome.

Sup

8 years ago

Hello, Og, my name is James. Welcome to CYS. If you need any help, feel free to send me a PM.

Story-writing, I find, comes best through experience. Write a story, get feedback, apply it. That's all I can say. There are a few things people get nippy about: plagiarism, excessive spelling and grammatical errors, unfinished stories, and previews/demos.

Sup

8 years ago
Hello and welcome to the community, OG. Please make sure to read over the articles available on the Help and Tips page, especially if you are wanting to make your own story game. I found them very useful when I first joined a few weeks ago.

Sup

8 years ago

OI! Use threaded view, and only reply to the post you're responding to. Together, we can make the world a much safer place for people with internet-activated OCD.

Sup

8 years ago
I'm sorry. I am using threaded view. But sometimes it posts to someone else randomly, especially if it's a fairly busy forum page. I will double check to make sure I'm clicking respond to the correct posts, though.

Sup

8 years ago

Thank you! Those tips are exactly what I was looking for!

Sup

8 years ago
Hey man, welcome! Read the Help and Info section (which a lot of people don't seem to do for some reason or another). Feel free to send me a PM whenever you feel like it. Most people won't bite.

I can help you to understand the site but as for writing itself, not much advice I have there. Just don't stop writing. Develop your own personal style and keep refining it.

Sup

8 years ago

Thanks so much, I will keep that in mind.

Sup

8 years ago

Hola~

Sup

8 years ago

heeeeyy

Sup

8 years ago

Ah, missed this before. Welcome to CYS (officially) and I hope you have a good time participating. As for writing tips, I've written a few articles if you'd care to read them, and if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. 

Sup

8 years ago
Hiya. Welcome to the site (officially). I do hope you enjoy your time here.