Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

How do you read the Storygames?

7 years ago

I was just curious as to how many of you maximize the screen or keep it smaller when you read. I personally keep the window smaller, it feels weird when it's maximized and everything looks longer than it is. Plus, it makes the page look emptier. I didn't think about this until I checked out something from CoG while on my laptop (I only ever go to their site while I'm on my phone) and I noticed that the text doesn't spread out like ours does if you maximize the screen.

7 years ago

I just keep it small.

7 years ago
I keep it the standard size.

7 years ago

I drag the window all the way to the left of the screen and make it fill in half the screen. I agree that maximizing it looks kind of weird, but I also like having things filled up nicely. Like half of the screen instead of a box in the corner. :3

7 years ago

I might start doing that myself. I'm surprised I never thought of it before now.

7 years ago
It depends on what my horoscope says for the day, and sometimes other factors.

7 years ago

Such as pictures? The only storygame that I've played through (in recent memory) that had pictures was Necromancer, and they don't get in the way with the screen at its standard size upon opening. I'm not sure how it would look if someone had larger pictures in their storygame.

7 years ago

There is a picture size cap.

7 years ago

I'm usually on my phone rather than computer so no choices.

7 years ago
Lol.

7 years ago

I just keep it at the normal size. However, I use mobile so there's really only one size xD

7 years ago

Usually I keep it in the small window when I read storygames, just in case any notifications come up.

7 years ago
I try to avoid doing that because I don't want to get distracted from reading a storygame. *needs to collect data to leave constructive comments*

7 years ago

Well, it forces me into another window, and I can't change the screen size, so...

7 years ago

Fascinating stuff.

7 years ago

I thought it would be refreshing to post something that wouldn't get nuked.

7 years ago
You're not wrong. I actually take interest in people's reading habits. *cough*

7 years ago

As do I. Though I can't tell if you're being sarcastic our not.

7 years ago
I'm serious. ^-^ It's like character development in real things instead of characters in a story.

7 years ago

Really!? Well, I can read two books at once! :D

7 years ago
:o I must know your secrets!

7 years ago

Well, apparently my brain has the ability to focus on two major concepts at once and my eyes can go far apart pretty easily, so I can read two books at once.

7 years ago
;-; I wanna read two books at once... *hopes shattered*

7 years ago

It does make multitasking book reports easier xD

7 years ago
We all know you only care how people read your stuff.

7 years ago
Perhaps the reason I don't take much interest in End's stories is because the first time I read them I was one my phone. Reading it on my phone was a pain, especially when it's a small screen in a dark room. I had to lean on an elbow at the same time, trying to make sure my phone didn't fall from the charger.

Then again, that could've just shown how much I wanted to read them. XD

7 years ago

I always maximize the screen for storygames, looks better than when it's minimized. However, I sometimes like to minimize the screen for the forums, gets rid of that huge white space to the right.

7 years ago

I keep them the normal size but usually move them to the center of the screen.