Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Wanna Play Really Bad Amateur Programmer Games?

7 years ago

Do you ever just sit down and go "Man! Do I want to just lay my hands on some of that glitchy, terribad garbage those highchool student produce like whipped Lebanese factory workers?" Well, if that's you, do I have the gaemes for you!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9bMMKZWooFHQmZsb2tMRmV3Ulk/view

Like, I don't know if you could get to them or not, but here we are.

It's a bunch of stuff from our semester finals. I was an animator and colorist for the game "Starchild" (I wanted to call it steamed greens, because it is steampunk and there is a lot of green. I got shot down). I didn't do any programming, but we worked really hard. Please...try to enjoy...?

7 years ago

Played them, mostly ok.

7 years ago
I'd just play anything BD has made if I wanted to do that.

7 years ago

7 years ago

Is there a way to start the game from Level 4? That spike thing caught me by surprise.

7 years ago

You're not in luck.

7 years ago

What the heck. I wish my high school's game design class expected this sort of quality.

7 years ago

Does it work on mac?

7 years ago

I have no idea how to run these files. Can someone help me?

7 years ago

I have a basic windows laptop, so I just downloaded the whole thing. Then I ventured into the depths of the files (Click on  an A or P file, I think P1 is the best game) and inside is the title of the game with a unity logo. I'd just click on that. It's the application.

7 years ago

Oh, okay.

7 years ago

I did one of those! Mine was worse!

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/123215823/#player

The infinijump isn't a bug. It's a very important feature! The clunkiness is part of the GAMEFEEL! THE LACK OF AGENCY IS SYMBOLIC!

Note: If you say something is "For the ART!" or "To create the proper experience of The Project" or something like that, your teacher will usually buy it. Unless they're an Art teacher, because they've seen enough things done "For the ART!" and even "For the GAMEFEEL!" that they won't even blink before telling you to stop fucking around and get your shit together. Granted, Mr. Teacherman probably knew what was up, but hey, turning bugs into features is part of the engineering process!

7 years ago

Nothing happened, how disapointing