Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

iOS or Android?

5 years ago

Personally I use iOS but I'm more than willing to hear a compelling case to switch to Android because I've heard both good things and bad things about both; however I only have experience with iOS.

iOS or Android?

5 years ago
iOS products are used almost exclusively by hipsters and pretentious shits wanting to show the world how much money they have to give to an incredibly gross company while still for some reason worshipping at the grave of its even grosser founder.

If you use iOS this is you:

iOS or Android?

5 years ago

I found this site, it is slightly informative... It's worth checking out, 

https://www.diffen.com/difference/Android_vs_iOS

iOS or Android?

5 years ago

Android

iOS or Android?

5 years ago
I don't plan to ever own an iPhone. On Android I can store music however I like, without needing to buy it on iTunes, use a different app store like F-droid, or just install apk files myself if needed, find open source replacements for most apps, root it and install a ROM like LineageOS, and then make it even more awesome with Xposed. I can do all that and much more on a much cheaper phone, why would I pay more for less? Voice Over does have more features than Talkback, but nothing I can't live without.

iOS or Android?

5 years ago
Yeah I wasn't really sure how to even approach the question tbh because there's really not much difference between and iPhone and any other aside from the several hundred extra dollars you pay for the brand and the fact you're expected to shell out more for a basically identical product every couple of years.

iOS or Android?

5 years ago
and for all the separate necessecities like a charger, headphone jack, or wireless headphones.

iOS or Android?

5 years ago

Not sure why iOS/Mac stuff is still considered “hipster” considering its pretty much as mainstream as any windows shit now.

If anything Android is for the hipsters since they're usually loudly going on about the virtues of it constantly.

iOS or Android?

5 years ago
Windows phones are the true hipster phones.

iOS or Android?

5 years ago
It is totally acceptable to judge someone who would pay $1000 for a phone for no other reason but brand loyalty.

It just lets you instantly draw so many conclusions about so many other aspects of their life it's kind of hard not to.

iOS or Android?

5 years ago

I prefer Android, but my family bought me an IPhone. I'm not going ot complain.

iOS or Android?

5 years ago
For accessibility Android, there’s not a lot of restrictions when it comes to downloads and other sort of things, although if you’re a dipshit you can really fuck up your phone.

IOS on the other hand restricts you a bit more but has a much more friendly layout and functionality.

I use both so I don’t really mind but for tedious use I use iPhone.

iOS or Android?

5 years ago
build own chips, screen, case, hardware > put linux distro on it > make own kernels, drivers, and software to handle cell phone functions

butthurt crapple shills will hate

Are you an idiot? Y/N
Y: apple products
N: android/windows (/linux if you have no life)

iOS or Android?

5 years ago

I use android because I can get a fully a functional 1080p screen, non laggy, phone for 120bucks.

iOS or Android?

5 years ago
$120? You may as well have stolen it lol. The only thing you're gonna get for $120 is a $120 potato. $300 is average for a phone with a high of approx. $500 in 2013 and a high these days of $1000+ (apple included - $800 when apple not included). Granted apple products are extremely overpriced and possibly the worst bang for buck so your point is fine but $120 is a bit too low to be feasible without some extreme discount or a much older model. I welcome being proven wrong.

iOS or Android?

5 years ago
I gave $9.95 for my phone and it has real buttons and a working cord. Plus, I can't carry it with me so I don't have to mess with retarded people when I'm not at work. That, is a real steal.

iOS or Android?

5 years ago
I've never paid more than $200 for any phone that can browse the internet and be used as a hotspot and run games for the kind of people who play games on their phone, as well as all the other things that any phone does. What exactly are you getting for paying three times as much?

Extreme discounts aren't exactly hard to find either if you switch your service provider or if you can take the time to look around at auctions instead of buying straight from a retailer.

iOS or Android?

5 years ago

Considering I only paid about 200 for my iPhone, again still not sure where this idea that you have to be some rich hipster to have one. It does what I want it to, I don’t need something fancy.

iOS or Android?

5 years ago

I use neither. Whenever I send a message, it's purely through smoke signal or sticky notes. Using technological devices leads to your body absorbing nerve-disturbing vibes. Right now, I am typing this using a ten foot pole and a pair of binoculars.

iOS or Android?

5 years ago

AFAIK Android offers much more possibilities in regards to customization. Launchers, root, bootloaders...

Bought a Moto G5S last year and i don't plan on replacing it anytime soon. Nice screen, decent camera, runs whatever games i download well and plenty of free shit to pass the time.