Climbing Beyond The Clouds

Player Rating5.00/8

"Too few ratings to be ranked"
based on 75 ratings since 03/31/2015
played 788 times (finished 90)

"run through the jungle"

"Not going to lose any sleep"

"need to be accompanied by an adult"
Contains content that may not be suitable for persons under age 13. If this were a movie, it would probably be PG.

Can you be the first man to reach the summit of Mount Everest?

Authors Note: My last Edutainment game, I promise! It is Fantasy, Modern Adventure and Puzzles all summer now :D

Fantastic!

This storygame is extremely good! I loved pretty much everything about it.

The branching was really great, and the quality was consistent enough that I was able to read through the story multiple times and enjoy every ending :D

The characters have great development, and they have personality. The well developed characters really helped me understand the storygame a bit better. I was very glad we got to hear a little bit from the wife's point of view in her letters.

The plot was also very, very creative. It was a really fun edutainment game, and it's certainly very original.

Sure, this storygame isn't the longest, but there's a good amount of branching, words per page, and the writing is very high quality!

I enjoyed every word of this storygame, and it's no doubt one of my favorites.

7/8, amazing work Will! :)
-- MinnieKing on 7/25/2017 3:10:29 PM with a score of 0
Beautifully written, Will. You did quite an amazing job with creating such a great sense of foreboding for certain scenes of the story, so much so that I questioned several times as to why anyone would even want to traverse such a dangerous mountain to begin with.

The letters of the wife were also a good motivation for me to get the protagonist back home safe, so I couldn't help but make that my priority as I read through this amazing story.

Once again, the amount of effort that you put in this shines through brilliantly.

Bravo, Will :) I definitely had my fun with reading this.
-- TharaApples on 10/31/2016 5:14:20 AM with a score of 0
I just. . . Will11, you never fail to amaze us. I wonder how is it that you always manage to combine a lesson about history (or in this case, mount Everest) and a good story? Maybe, the answer is simple. That you are a very talented writer.
Just keep writing stories. We all appreciate it.
-- Penworth on 6/3/2015 1:24:12 AM with a score of 0
Epilogue: Memorial Service at St Pauls Cathedral
Four months later you find yourself standing with the other European survivors of the Everest expedition in St Paul’s Cathedral for Odell and Sandy’s memorial service. All of Britain has been shocked by the loss of the two famous climbers. The British Prime Minister and all the members of the British Cabinet sit in the front pew. Across from them sit members of the Royal Family, King George V and his wife Queen Mary among them...
Long after Edmund Hilary and Tenzin Norgay reach the summit of Mount Everest in 1953 uncertainty continues to reign over whether others did it first nearly thirty years before. You are questioned endlessly about where exactly you saw Odell and Sandy climbing the mountain that day until you become uncertain. You live a long life with your wife Ruth and your three wonderful children Frances, Berry and John but until your dying day in 1987 you can never forget about your friends who climbed beyond the clouds on Everest and never came back…
STRENGTH is 4.""

Hmm... makes me wonder if it would have been better to choose that ending of climbing to the summit with them and then plunge into darkness\death due to their\our? fall from the mountain after coming down from the summit. Well, guess sometimes you never know. ;)
-- TestingJest on 10/31/2017 4:56:35 AM with a score of 0
Is there any way to climb mount everest AND survive???
-- Chickdove on 3/9/2017 5:46:37 PM with a score of 0
Great.
-- Mage on 12/22/2016 9:42:14 AM with a score of 0
Great game!
-- jayfeatheraven921 on 10/26/2016 6:49:13 AM with a score of 0
I had a lot of fun playing this!
-- Balt on 9/29/2016 5:59:18 PM with a score of 0
research was obviously done with this kind of story. Nice job.
-- Shinobi on 6/13/2016 9:31:00 AM with a score of 0
In short, my brain exploded.
-- CurseOfTime on 3/26/2016 5:05:17 PM with a score of 0