Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Escape the Dark Sector 2 - Team Delta

one year ago
Commended by TharaApples on 12/4/2022 9:50:27 PM

You have no idea how long you’ve been out of it, but it feels like forever.

Last thing you remember is coordinating with other Galactic Alliance ships for Operation Lightbringer to put an end to an hostile space station that was first reported over a year ago.

GA High Command spent months cringing and bumbling about the best approach to do something about the station in the DARK SECTOR since it was obvious that it was much more than just a place where pirates and other criminals hung out. Something of a greater threat level was course too much for them to handle properly.

Warning satellites were placed while as much intel was collected on it as possible. It ultimately wasn’t much, but eventually it was decided that a small force should be enough to put an end to its activities. Probably in the misguided belief of “minimizing” potential casualties.

They were wrong about that too.

They sent you and only a handful of other ships to take care of the situation, believing that it would be more than sufficient to put down a station full of miscreants. Typical that they sent you in since you’re always put on the impossible jobs that these humans are too inept or weak to handle themselves. Humans make up most of the high command which is proof of just how worthless it is.

Speaking of which, thanks to the worthless humans they sent with you and their incompetency, you didn’t even get close to the station before you were intercepted by several ships. In fact, there wasn’t even that much of a ship battle before all the GA ships were hit by something that completely knocked out most of their power and several heavily armored beings materialized before you and everything went black.

Right now you don’t even know where you are due to a blinder around your eyes covering your sight completely. You can’t speak due to something binding your mouth. Your hands are also tied behind your back and no amount of effort will get them loose. You can’t move very far anyway since something is around your neck and presumably chained to a wall.

The only sense you do have is your hearing. The faint rumble of an engine tells you that you’re currently on a ship and you’re definitely sure it isn’t yours.

You also hear the occasional movement wherever you are. Someone or possibly someones are in here with you, but so far you don’t hear anyone speak and the movement is more of a struggling sound rather than walking about.

You then hear the sound of a door opening and several boots marching closer.

“Is this all that survived?” someone asks.
“Yes.” another voice answers.
“(Sigh) Hoping for more captives, considering most of their ships were blown to shit so we don’t even have those except mostly for scrap.”
“The mutants sort of went on a rampage sir.”
“Yeah, yeah, always the fucking mutants and their bloodthirsty ways. Oh well, it is what it is. I suppose at least we didn’t have to go very far. I also see we got quite the mix of species this time at least…what the fuck is that thing?”
“Some sort of android I think. ”
“Interesting. Well get all these fuckers up and march them over to the observation deck to take their blindfolds off.”
“What for sir?”
“You ask that all the fucking time, you know damn well why! I like the new captives to see where they’re going to be spending the rest of their short existence. Really gives them a sense of hopelessness!”

You are suddenly grabbed roughly and after your neck is unchained, you are forcibly moved in the direction of wherever the observation deck is.

Eventually you are stopped and someone removes your blinders.

Well it certainly looks imposing.

Besides several armored guards, you look around and see at least eight of your fellow crew members with you. You’re all going to the same fate and it definitely won’t be good.

“Hahaha! You see that? THAT’S where you’re going to be FOREVER! Don’t worry though, most of you probably won’t live nowhere near that long.” one of the guards mocks.

“Alright, I’ve had my giggles, let’s get this lot into the detention level. You know how the master likes everyone to be punctual.”

And with that the blinders are put back on to cover your eyes and you’re eventually marched off the ship and into the station. You don’t know how many turns and corridors you walk down, but you couldn’t memorize it if you tried.

At some point you hear your captors talking about diving you up and taking you to different cellblocks. You also hear someone mention where the one surviving GA ship was taken.

Eventually the blinders come off again, you’re untied and thrown into a cell with two of your fellow crew members. 

“After I get off this fucking station, I’m going to shove my foot up high command’s collective ass for their shitty decisions.”

“Glad to see you’ve taken an optimistic outcome to our situation.”

“Glad someone is, because I’m sure not.”

The cell itself is spartan with only the bare minimal necessities available typical of a prison. Time passes and you expect SOMEONE to come for you, so you can clobber them over the head, but nobody ever does. You wonder if you’ve been forgotten about though every once in awhile nourishment is beamed into the room, but then perhaps that’s on some sort of automatic timer.

You continue to try to open the door in the meantime. It takes awhile, but eventually…

Left or right. Truly the simplest of choices.

It really is, so make your choice

one year ago

Lieutenant Grib stands at attention almost as soon as he got on his feet, dusting off his uniform and thumping the heavy boots that only a leathery megafauna might wear. 

"Dammit! This is the last time I fly with Humoids. I didn't graduate from the Torgath Warfare Academy for some lipfaced profligate to warp me into a flanked position!" He kicked and rattled the cell door a few times out of indignance before remembering he shared the cell with two other shapes in the dark, and gave them a churlish, appraising glance.

"You two part of the GA Core? Jesus Space-Christ, I didn't think anybody else would survive. From the looks of you two, maybe they didn't! Who the fuck are you?"

one year ago

"Lt. Xaree reporting for duty," the only female in the room replies. "What a coincidence, we graduated from the very same academy."

"Of course, I do not remember you at all," she replies to Grib condescendingly. "Must mean you weren't in the top class, as I was. I specialized in sharpshooting. They even had to make up an entire new grade for me - S."

"You look like the type to just hide while others do the real work, and I don't appreciate your comments about the humans. Diversity is strength!" she continues pushing Grib's buttons. Not waiting for a response, she turns to the third alien in the room. "And what about you? Who are you? Despite your messed up face, you seem like a mere child. What is your opinion on the humans, and Jesus Space-Christ?"

one year ago
The last figure sighs lazily, before propping himself up and squinting toward the others.

"Are we out yet?" He mumbles, before coming to a realization. "Lt. Parvon here. Graduated from Torgath, specializing in sharpshooting. Graduated at the top of my class, yes." He suddenly frowns, slowly digesting Xaree's words, "Diversity? Clearly you haven't seen many of us Aslans. Are we all children in your eyes?"

"Anyway, I don't care for those humans," he sneers. "Their strength brought us into this miserable state." Not waiting for a response, he gestures towards the empty corridor, clearly intent on leaving as soon as possible.

one year ago

Lack of attention in detention

While Delta team was doing all this getting to know you stuff, Parvon, in his haste to get out of this awful place just picked a door and went through it while Grib and Xaree were still busily arguing over the benefits and disadvantages of diversity of a galactic organization.

Had they paid just a little closer attention, one of them probably would have noticed that the other door had a small sign saying "To Habitation" which would have gotten them out quicker from the Detention level that they were currently on and now heading deeper into. (1 more encounter card has been added to the deck)

On the plus side, they did stumble upon a guard checkpoint which wasn't currently being manned for whatever reason. There, they found enough weapons for all of them. One ray gun (Energy) and two blasters of unknown origin (Energy & Ballistic)

It should be noted that these Alien Blasters have a bio-ID on them as a means of keeping escaping prisoners (such as yourselves) from using them.

However, like most things in this station, nothing works quite the way as intended, so you can use the weapons just fine, though it might be a little painful at times if the weapon randomly decides that it doesn't like the weird unfamilar hand that's using it.

Divide the weapons as you wish, then decide who is going to take point for the next encounter.

one year ago

Xaree grabs the ray energy gun.

"Energy weapons just aren't as satisfying as a good old bullet to the face... That being said, those blasters are suspicious as fuck, so I'll be taking this one."

She then points towards Grib.

"Wanna prove you're not momma's boy? Then go ahead and lead the way"

one year ago
Parvon eyes the bio-IDs warily, but grabs one anyway. Wordlessly, he tilts his head at Grib, motioning for him to take point.

one year ago

"I'll have you know I was in the close quarters and strike tactics wing, you viney green fuck." Grib growled, "They gave me a doctorate in breaching and entry! I'd show you some CQC myself, but my race is carnivorous and I don't want to be shitting your veggie skull all over this station."

He will give Parvon a friendly thump on the back for his opinions on humanity, "See, that's what I've always been saying. We should've invaded those fucks centuries ago! You're alright, Lieutenant Scrote!"

He will casually pick up one of the weird pistols and shove past his compatriots, "I'll show you all how it's done. Opening doors is an underappreciated art!"

one year ago

The Art of Door

Grib took the lead (As leaders do) and bravely went unknowlingly deeper into the detention area.

The team passed by more cells, many of which had loud noises coming from behind them. Growls, shrieks and the slamming of metal from the strong looking doors were the common sounds.

Didn't take long before one of those strong looking doors wasn't so strong anymore...

A fellow door opening appreciator

Unfortunately Grib was not able to react quick enough and took the full brunt of a flying heavy metal door slamming into him (Lose 2 HP).

The mutant attacks of course. Fortunately it's not resistant to energy attacks so all your current weapons should work as normal. Naturally going straight to close combat is always an option.

Well make your battle plan choices.

one year ago

Xaree will show off her sharpshooter skills by shooting at the mutant fuck.

one year ago
Parvon, in a hurry, ducks behind the nearest cover to fire…which just so happens to be Xaree.

one year ago

"You son of a bitch! Hit me with a door, will ya!?" Grib clenches his meaty three-fingered fists into deadly clubs and prepares to beat him down, "You were a mistake! Your mother shouldn't've swallowed you! On my planet, muties like you get tossed off a cliff when they're born! You're fuckin filth, and you fight filthy too! I can go lower, you sunnuva bitch! I'm about to smash your zygote pods so hard you'll be singin' like Whitney Space-Houston!"

one year ago

A sign of things to come

While Xaree and Parvon provided supporting fire, Grib charged into battle like a true warrior.

This attempt at combined arms tactics might have went better if the weapons they had were better.

During the fire fight, both Xaree and Parvon's weapons failed them multiple times. Resulting in overheating burns to a small parasite biting Parvon for not being the weapon's owner and losing access to the ballistic properties of the gun. The mutant on the other hand had no such issues thanks to his weapon being built into his body and managed to land very solid hits to Xaree and Parvon.

Parvon felt so close to death that he hastily activated the surgical drone to heal during the battle.

Grib meanwhile was simply attempting to rip the mutant's head off. He took a few punches and even a bite, but eventually he splattered the mutant's brains against the wall and continued to stomp it a few times even after its death.

It was a victory, but at a high cost and this was just the beginning.

While the cell had no loot, Grib recognized that the mutant's cybernetic parts were of interest. Its arm was just a pulse rifle grafted to it. Easy enough to rip out. There was also a chrono bomb implanted in the damn thing. Who knows why, but it seemed intact and usable.

Pulse Rife (Energy weapons and takes up two inventory slots)

Chrono-bomb (Can be used to reroll any number and any sort of dice)

Divide this equipment up how you want and pick who is taking point for the next encounter.

one year ago

"If Space-God had wanted you to live, he would not have created me!" Grib remarked proudly, picking up the Chronobomb for safe-keeping.

one year ago
Parvon stands up from behind Xaree, looking a little shook. "Damn that thing."

"And this gun, too," he says, waving the smoking rifle around. Parvon looks at his battered teammates and picks up the pulse rifle.

(End, can we have an update on our health, exactly? Thanks.)

one year ago

There's thinly veiled consternation on the anvil-like face of Grib as he watches Parvon scuttle out from the back to loot the flattened, slimy corpse of the humoid degenerate. He reaches out an arm in an attempt to stop him, but he's catching his breath too much to yell commanding obscenities.

"Scrote, much as I hate to admit it, that plasma arm is probably better in the hands of Lieutenant Salad over there. You two should swap guns, since you're both into that kinda thing."

one year ago
"Whatever," Parvon shrugs. "As long as the thing doesn't spew parasites over me again."

He slides the pulse rifle towards Xaree.

one year ago

Xaree deftly catches the new weapon, while throwing the old one over to the cowardly Parvon.

"It bit you because it sensed your fear."

one year ago

"Well, I suppose you do have some backbone, Grib," Xaree says as she rubs her wounds. "Unlike this waste of breath that used me as cover."

She shoves Parvon ahead.

"Well, time for you to be a man for once. Go on."

one year ago
Parvon shamelessly grins back, but does reluctantly take point.

one year ago

Current Status for Team Delta

Grib

6 HP

Carrying

Alien Blaster (Energy and ballistic)
Chrono-bomb

Xaree

7 HP

Carrying

Ray Gun (Energy)

Parvon

6 HP

Carrying

Alien Blaster (Energy)
Pulse Rifle (Energy)

one year ago

Send in the drones

Parvon cautiously took point and slowly walked ahead clutching his pulse rifle. In fact he walked so slow that his teammates kept bumping into him. Truly they might have gotten farther had they not let him lead.

They also might have put enough space between themselves and the security drones that had been sent to investigate the reported disturbance on the mutant cellblock earlier.

Escaped prisoners: Tractor beam engaged.

Judging him to be the biggest threat (and the closest) Parvon was hit by a tractor beam making the drones focusing most of their firepower on him first.

Parvon cannot take any actions until enough of the drones are destroyed first. (He can still say what he's going to do as soon as he gets free though)

Make your combat choices

one year ago

"Scrote, you bastard! Lt. Salad's supposed to have that rifle!" Grib shouts, before ducking behind something and punching anything that comes near. (Unless you can only attack in ranged from cover, in which case I guess he uses his gun, but that seems like a way to lose the one free health!)

one year ago

If you're taking cover and not doing anything else you're basically just passing a turn and not getting attacked that turn. In your case, you've got the implant that allows you heal a HP when doing this.

You can certainly go into close combat after you're done hiding/healing though rather than shooting. I'm assuming this is what you're doing. Regardless of how you're attacking, the drones will be attacking back.

one year ago

Yes, that sounds wisest. Grib will pop a squat for this round and get some health back before he returns to punching these drones.

one year ago
Screaming internally, Parvon lays on the floor, temporarily paralyzed.

He made up his mind while incapacitated. When he got back up, he was going to deftly and boldly take cover and fire back at those drone fuckers.

Oh, and the pulse rifle belonged to Xaree, too, he supposed.

one year ago

I thought you said you picked it up.

Alright...

Parvon screamed just as the beam hit him and spastically dropped his Pulse Rifle allowing Xaree to quickly pick it up.

one year ago

There was an exchange somewhere up there during the previous event

one year ago
I initially planned to replace my faulty one with the pulse rifle, but after being chastised a little, we agreed to swap. In any case I get a (hopefully) non malfunctioning weapon.

one year ago

Oh I see now. Alright, I'll switch up all the weapons. (Still have to wait for Cel anyway)

one year ago

Xaree will be the man of the party and tactically shoot the drones, one after the other, taking cover only if the circumstances are dire.

She'll also take the opportunity to use the party's mega healing drone, when enough enemy drones are destroyed for parvon to act.

one year ago

Oh a bit of good news for team Delta, I was rolling too many dice for damage during that last battle, so Xaree and Pav actually have a couple more HP than they did when they were getting shot to hell.

one year ago

Good to know. I thought we were just SO INCREDIBLY UNLUCKY.

one year ago

Attack of the Drones

With Parvon held in place by the tractor beam and Grib taking a moment to heal, it was up to Xaree to most of the heavy lifting this time around.

With all the drones in the air it was almost hard to miss them as Xaree unleashed an entire energy cell blasting enough of them to get Parvon free. As soon as he was, he immediately leaped for cover, but not before taking a shot in the ass. Wincing in pain, he still was able to turn around and successfully shoot the drone.

Grib came out of cover to punch at one of the remaining drones, only to miss and get shot by a drone.

Finally Xaree had reloaded and unleashed again on the last drone just to make sure.

This fight definitely went better than the last one and the team quickly looked through the done scrapes to see if there was anything of use since this place seemed to just cobble everything from bits and bobs here and there.

Medpack (Heal 1 HP)

Alien Sludge (Heal 1 HP)

Speed Stims (Can be used to change your crew die result to Cunning)

(Apparently these security drones were modified medical drones at one point)

Divide (Or use) whatever equipment and choose who is taking point next encounter

one year ago
"Damn it, dad," Parvon mutters as he lightly massages his behind. He hates to seem grabby with the loot, but the pain in his ass was growing by the minute.

He stumbles towards the medpack, hands outstretched.

one year ago

"You suck," Xaree insults Parvon.

one year ago

"That's how it's done, coward," Xaree boasts. "If you were the top shot at Torgath, I shudder to think what the worst one looks like. Maybe you should actually show off those skills instead of just hiding behind my figurative skirt."

She then gives Parvon a dirty (and confused, given the dad comment) look, before gulping the alien sludge.

She'll then step back and allow one of the two gentlemen to take point.

Ooc: did I actually use the mega healing drone during the encounter?

one year ago

You actually never got around to it. You never got hit and combat didn't last long since you wiped out like more than half of the drones in the first round. Second round you reloaded, Parv got one. By the third round, there was one left so you just finished off the last one.

one year ago

I wanted to use it as soon as Peng could act. But I guess it worked out.

Can we get an update on the health situation when the next round starts (I used my shit instantly, I think Peng just picked his up)

one year ago

Status for Team Delta

Grib

7 HP

Carrying

Alien Blaster (Ballistic and energy)

Chrono-bomb

Speed Stim

Xaree

10 HP

Carrying

Pulse Rifle (Two handed. Energy)

Parvon

8 HP

Carrying

Alien Blaster (Energy only)

Ray Gun (Energy)

one year ago
I think that Xaree should take point, seeing as she is the healthiest of the few.

one year ago

I'm volunteering you again, seeing as it's the only use we have for you, given you keep hiding during the actual fights.

Also is my hp 10 before or after I drink the sludge?

one year ago

After. Everything is up to date

one year ago

I agree, the health-rich should pay their fair share.

one year ago

Seeing the two pathetic "men" just standing around, unwilling to take charge, Xaree decides she's had enough.

"Well, I suppose I shouldn't have expected anything more from Parvon, but I thought at least you had some backbone, Grib. I suppose not. Men. Pfft. I fart in your general direction."

She then reluctantly takes point.

"I'll show you what a real leader looks like."

one year ago

Surprise Hentai

Xaree sniffed in disdain and walked ahead while flipping her head tentacles sassily. She had been doing most of the heavy lifting since they got here, why should now be any different? She was a strong independent female form and didn't need no male form.

The group passed by more cells until they got to T-Junction which ended with a door right in front of them. As she wondered which corridor might lead to the way out quicker, a loud noise from behind the door was heard...

"Oh good, a real woman and not one of those fucking soulless sexbots!"

Xaree loses 1 HP immediately and will have to fight one round of close combat alone.

After this, as a group decide if you're going to attack (Close combat only) or try to pull Xaree free and just run away.

Make your choice

one year ago
“Oh, goodness.”

Parvon looks to Grib, “I’m not good with those… slimy things. You wanna just pull her out?”

one year ago

"She can hold on for a second," Grib says, squatting behind some wreckage, "I'll chew those things off, but first I gotta take a space shit."

one year ago

"Did you just assume my gender you shitlord!" Xaree screams at the writhing mass of tentacles, before engaging in... combat? Parvon and Grib can't quite make out what is happening in the darkness, but Xaree seems to be enjoying it.

"Oh my... oooh... that tickles... oh yes, yes!!!"

But then a loud slap is heard.

"OW, NOT THE BIRTHING HOLE! I MAY HAVE TAKEN OVER A DOZEN WEIRD TENTACLES IN THE BACK OVER THE COURSE OF MY LIFE BUT I'M SAVING THE FRONT ONE FOR MY FUTURE HUSBAND! PARVON! GRIB! HELP ME RID THE GALAXY OF THIS RAPIST! ALL-OUT-ATTACK!"

one year ago
Parvon raises an eyebrow at Xaree's screams, but walks over to pull her out anyhow. He picks through the wriggling mass of tentacles before settling on one of them that resembled Xaree's head appendage.

He yanks as hard as he can.

one year ago

Okay, so Xaree said she's fighting. Parvon said he's pulling her out. I sort of need Grib to chime in with the tie breaker assuming he's done with taking his space shit.

one year ago

Grib was going to go help once he was done healing in cover, but the sounds she made discourage him from involving himself in that situation, so he's going to focus on fighting tentacles when he's out.

one year ago

Now let us never speak of this again

After an “interesting” battle with the writhing mass of tentacles, Xaree, Grib and even Parvon managed to stomp, chop and crush the molesting appendages into green pulp. While Parvon and Grib got slapped a few times by them, Xaree had gotten a little more than that. 

She didn’t want to talk about it. (Even if some of it was fun.)

Moving on, the group searched the room and found quite a bit of loot left by less fortunate victims.

Frag Grenade (Explosive. 1 use)

Force Field (Can be discarded to avoid any amount of HP lost)

Punch Gun (Can be used in close combat to add another die to your crew die)

Divide the loot as you see fit and pick who is taking point next turn

one year ago

"Oh my, that was quite... exhilarating..." Xaree loudly pants and gasps. "AVERT YOUR MALE GAZE, RAPISTS!" she screams at her two companions, as she takes a spare change of clothes from a nearby dead guy. Her own were destroyed in the... "fight".

Upon regaining some modesty, she threatens Parvon and Grib. "This never happened! I will not have my future husband think I ever experienced anybody's touch but his own! It's not like the 37 appendages of various races I took in the back count! It's the poophole loophole!"

She then takes the force-field, before pushing Parvon into the front of the group.

"And you better go on ahead this time, given that we can't count on you fighting unless the fight is directly brought to you."

one year ago
Parvon says nothing to Xaree about this… encounter, and takes point.

Not before gleefully picking up the frag grenade, of course.

one year ago

Grib takes the punch gun, of course.

one year ago

Detention level blues

As the group moved through the corridors, a loud siren was heard followed by a voice over the intercom stating that the detention level was being locked down, along with orders for escapees to stay where they were so that they could be executed.

Given how cautiously Parvon was moving, the group might as well be standing around waiting to be executed anyway. They hadn't even gotten out of the detention area yet and at this point it was wondered if they ever would.

Something else soon showed up to try to make sure that they NEVER would...

"Ugly bioforms, please assume execution position."

It's a simple matter of you can either run or fight.

Make your choice

one year ago

Xaree is visibly disappointed over the fact when Parvon "took the lead" he got off scot-free, while she had to deal with... that.

Either way, the choice is obvious. Fight.

one year ago
Parvon frowns at the continual enemies. He weighs the frag grenade in his hand for a moment, and throws it at the bot before diving for cover, carefully.

one year ago

"Assume what?" Grib yells, fussing with the punchgun behind some cover and preparing to charge once he has his free health, "I can't hear you! Sound off like you got a quartet!"

one year ago

Number 5 is not alive

The grenade and energy blasts hit their mark, but the bot also hit his.

Having been recently penetrated many times already, Xaree wasn't about to suffer the same experience with something much less fun and activated her force field to block the bullets rattled off by the security bot. Parvon however had no such useful device and yelped when hit, but surprisingly didn't run away.

With Xaree reloading, Parvon used his ray gun in the hopes of getting this battle over quicker. Grib then came out from his cover and with a mighty roar punched at the bot with his ballistic fist, missing spectacularly.

Fortunately the bot missed as well, giving Grib enough time to use his chrono-bomb to make right what once went wrong and hoping this punch, would be the punch that would strike home.

It did and the bot's vital systems exploded rendering it inoperable.

Another victory for Team Delta and more loot as well.

The security bot had some compartments that opened up when Grib landed that last hit. A stun baton fell out and a medical bag with "Life Serum" written on it. You can only assume that medical aid and non-lethal force weren't in its current programming.

Another compartment is only partially open, looks like it might need a strong kick to finally loosen it.

Divide your gear and make your choices

one year ago
Parvon, once again hurt, grabs the life serum and immediately starts trying to heal himself.

"Hey, Grib. Can you bust that last compartment open to see what other goodies we got?"

one year ago

Grib will give the compartment a kick, as a guy who likes loot.

one year ago

Hot Foot

As Parvon shot up (Gain 2 HP) Grib kicked the stuck compartment as hard as he could to get it open.

And it opened up, leaking a bunch of burning green stuff all over Grib's foot. Apparently the robot's radioactive core that powered it melted down.

Already Grib felt the effects of MUTATION which were quite painful (Lose 1 HP)

As painful as it was however, when Grib recovered, he felt a little "springier" in his step. Apparently his superior resistance had adapted to make use of this mutation.

Whenever after rolling your crew die, you have a one time ability to add an extra cunning result to it.

All that's left now is the stun batton. (Whenever you hit with a double during close combat, the enemy doesn't get to attack back)

Pick who takes it and then pick who is taking point for next encounter.

one year ago
Parvon will take point, boldly.

one year ago

Xaree will take the stun baton and nod approvingly at the uncharacteristic display of courage from Parvon.

one year ago

A way out?

With detention on lockdown, it was more difficult than ever to get out of this area. Security, both humanoid and robotic were everywhere and several passage ways were now blocked by solid blast proof doors.

Team Delta's luck seemed to just be bad all over. Avoiding a patrol and ducking into one of the rare doors that opened, they found themselves in what looked to be a small assembly room...

"What is it with this place and sexbots?" - Xaree

"ACKSHULLY, it's not a sexbot. It's a basic servant bot M-100 model. They just look similar." - Parvon

"Oh well excuse me all to hell."

"Looks like this one was probably being upgraded for security functions. Looks like it's most finished...wait I got an idea!"

Parvon explains that they could probably assemble the rest of it and have it open the security doors for them since it should already be programmed with the codes.

Xaree and Grib looked at Parvon a bit skeptically, but it was worth a shot seeing as their options were getting limited. Parvon was mostly useless in a fight, but maybe he might be useful in this endeavor.

One crew member must make four rolls as they assemble the droid. (If this isn't Parvon, one can assume he's walking Xaree or Grib through the process)

Make your choice

one year ago
Parvon grins smugly, cracks his neck, rubs his hands, and gets to work on the bot.

"Don't try to reproduce with this one," he jokes. "There are exhaust pipes and hydraulically powered presses down there."

one year ago

"Make sure you don't accidentally turn on some kind of Dominatrix mode..." Xaree will warn Parvon of the possible outcome.

one year ago

"This is another thing I despise about humans. There's so many sexbots, but they never make any suitorbots. Coupling is only for the worthy! If all you have is a sex bot, how are you supposed to learn to crush your rivals for the right to exchange zygote pods under the bleachers like Space God intended!?" Grib shakes his boney head, "Genetic weakness!"

one year ago

Toaster Repair

Parvon got to work and to everyone's surprise, he actually knew what the hell he was doing. With each wire connected, another light flickered on. Diagnostic terminal said everything was working properly, etc.

However it looked like Parvon had finally failed as expected when he crossed two wires that created a large spark and then smoke. The bot's chest cavity glowed and what was expected to be an explosion, was instead a compartment opening up, revealing a stun grenade. (Fortunately not active)

"Hm, seemed to have a replicator function...oh no!" Parvon exclaimed.

"What?" Xaree replied.

"I think the motor shorted out. It's not going to be able to walk."

"Can't you do something?!"

"No! It's all burned out!"

"Nice going Mr. fixit."

"Hey, it's not my fault this cheap tech was made in Space China! Um, maybe Grib could carry it to the doors and it could open them."

"Oh sure, have the big guy just lug the heavy scrap metal around being an easy fucking target for any guards patrolling around." Grib said.

"Wait, we just need the codes right? Just get the bot to tell us what the codes are." Xaree asked.

"It doesn't work that way, they work on the bot's voice module. If we spoke the numbers, it would probably just alert the guards or something." Parvon replied.

Grib suddenly ripped the bot's head off.

"This is an acceptable compromise. Come on."

And with simple ways often being the best, it didn't take long for Team Delta to find a blast door leading to the next area of the station, have the bot speak the code numbers and quickly move on to the next area. Grib then punted the bot's head as his way of celebrating his good idea.

Delta Team had finally reached the heart of the station. It took them long enough, but they were one step closer to their ultimate destination. This part of the station seemed less security focused and more alive with day to day activity.

Still, there was no reason to be foolish. They had just escaped from the station's prison after all, so it was highly likely they would still be pursued. Hopefully though they might get just a tiny bit of respite from all the fighting.

Decide who gets the stun grenade (Stuns an enemy automatically to prevent them from attacking for that round) and pick who is going to take point.

one year ago

While everybody's distracted by the flying head, Grib will ninja the grenade.

one year ago
Can we have a health update? Thanks.

Parvon will nominate the healthiest to take point next.

one year ago

Parvon and Xaree have 7 and Grib has 6.

Grib unfortunately is at maximum carrying capacity since he's got a leg mutation taking up an inventory slot.

You guys can do some equipment switching around if you want.

Grib

Alien Blaster (Ballistic and Energy)

Punch Gun

Speed Stim

Xaree

Pulse Rifle (Two handed, energy)

Stun Baton

Parvon

Ray Gun (Energy)

one year ago
"I'll relieve you of that," Parvon says, snatching the grenade that just clattered onto the floor.

"Along with that, though," he announces nobly. "I will also shoulder the responsibility of taking point again."

one year ago

Grib will chuck his shitty busted alien gun. He wants the grenade!

one year ago

Alien gun chucked.

The grenade however is going to be one of those things if Parvon is going to give it to you willingly or not since he's already grabbed it.

one year ago

Xaree yet again nominates Parvon to take point.

one year ago

Funny Games

The group walked down the promenade which seemed to have a lot of people running about in a hurry. They only caught a few conversations, but apparently a lot of stuff had gone on through here recently, the major one being some sexbot and a big ass insectoid blowing up a medical facility.

Didn't take long before security patrols were seen by the group and they quickly ducked into one of the rooms to the side which they assumed might be a store of some sort. Perhaps a hobby shop given all the games there were in here.

As soon as they entered however a solid blast door slammed down behind them and something materialized before them...

"I'd like to play a game..."

All attempts at attacking this man are useless, he's hiding behind seven force fields. The only way you're getting out of this is to play his stupid game (Sounds familar)

Pick which one of you is going to play Dark Chess with the Grand Master. You will play to three points. You lose 1 HP for each point he scores. If you lose, he'll let you go. If you win, he'll let you go with fabulous prizes.

Make your choice.

one year ago
Parvon tosses the grenade back to Grib, and sits cross-legged facing the strange man.

"Let's play," he says proudly, stroking the ridge on his head.

one year ago

"Well if nothing else, you're smart," Xaree encourages Parvon. "But that was to be expected, given that you're an Aslan. Either way, make sure you use the Frenchman's cumsock gambit."

one year ago

A new dark chess champion!

Parvon had never looked so confident before. Even more than when he THOUGHT he could put that bot back together.

He matched the Grand Master's every move in an attempt to see how he played. When he had figured out his patterns, Parvon set things in motion to end this game.

Move after move he had the Grand Master on the run. The GM couldn't believe it. He'd never been challenged like this before and couldn't even gain any sort of advantage. It wasn't long before Parvon had taken all his pieces and lost NONE of his own.

The Grand Master closed his eyes and exhaled deeply.

"You beat me. Fair and square. I'll get your prize." he said.

The Grand Master went to a case and took out a power wrench (Once per round of close combat if you roll a double you can attack again apply both results)

"Who wants it? Come on ain't got all day, I got another game I gotta set up soon."

Decide who's getting the new weapon and pick who is taking point next encounter.

one year ago

"I've never seen such a good chess player!" Xaree praises Parvon, completely unironically. "I mean, you managed to checkmate him with castling. It's only fair that you take the reward you rightfully earned. And then show our enemies what's what by taking point!"

one year ago
Less than a moment after Xaree finished her words, Parvon falls to the ground dramatically in a delirious swoon.

"Too much... mental activity..." he moans. "Can't take... point..."

Somehow, the wrench found itself clasped tightly in his hand.

one year ago

Based, Parvon.

one year ago

Xaree can recognize a kissless-handholdless virgin when she sees one. And Parvon fits the description perfectly. So she knows just what to do.

"Oh don't tell me you're giving up now? You're a big, smart, brave man. Tell you what, if you take point for the next 3 encounters, I'll give you a kiss..."

She pauses for a moment.

"...on the cheek..."

one year ago

"I'm glad you're willing to kiss a taintman for the sake of our survival, Lt. Salad, but I figured if he didn't get up we would just have to Weekend-at-Space-Bernie's him out in front of us." He shook his head, "Besides, you both look like you're Beta Gender, isn't that kinda gay?"

one year ago

"Not bad, Lt Scrote!" Grib says, "Space God may have seen fit to make your head the same thing as your taint, but he must've given you a really big brain to compensate! It's analytical smarts like yours that make me think you should take point. Again. Now."

one year ago
"If I must," Parvon mutters, sadly yet resolutely. He props himself up with the wrench and "stumbles" onwards.

I must look so heroic from behind, he thinks.

one year ago

Sore loser

The old man cackled and threw the wrench right at Parvon which hit him really hard in the chest, but he still caught it.

"Enjoy fucktard! Now get outta my shop!"

The blast doors opened and the group had barely left the shop when Parvon felt a little faint.

Xaree exclaimed that that wrench couldn't have hit him that hard, but he stated it wasn't that it was something else. His body felt weird.

He hadn't realized it, but the wrench was covered in some sort of thin layer of mutagen, and Parvon was feeling the effects drastically as he MUTATED.

Parvon screamed as his body wizened and felt like he was having a hard time breathing. (Lose one HP)

After it was all said and done, he survived the ordeal, but at a great cost of his strength and could barely carrying anything anymore.

The mutation is taking up two inventory slots. You'll have to drop one item. You've got the ray gun, alien blaster and your new wrench (which is harmless now, you're already mutated)

Either drop something or have the team rearrange their own inventory to carry something.

Make your choice.

one year ago
Shortly after walking a few steps, Parvon collapsed for real and laid on the ground groaning in pain.

He drops the alien blaster, and looks pleadingly towards the others to take point.

one year ago

"Eww, gross, now he's even uglier!" Xaree thinks to herself. "No fucking way I'm kissing him NOW!"

She will take whatever Parvon drops.

She will then take pity on the mutated nerd and take point.

one year ago

Curative Connoisseur

With Parvon dragging his ass now like a half dead man and Grib even limping a bit, Xaree took the lead since she was the only who still had all her original parts intact.

She noticed something that looked like a clinic or something ahead so the group headed towards that direction in the hopes of maybe fixing themselves up...

"So who was this one?"

"I dunno, I think it's one of the GA escapees, found it already with its head split open in that holo-doc's medical bay. Just sort of harvesting the organs for research purposes. That medical bay is all blown to shit too, I hope we won't be getting the scum coming here for their space crack now."

"I'll remember to stock up I guess just in case. So GA huh? Those faggots need to stop butting into everyone's fucking business...hey remember that one GA girl we got last year?"

"...oh yeah! Wasn't it Tanner on her uniform? That shit was fun! Three probes! Oh how she screamed!"

Xaree decided that perhaps this wouldn't be the type of medical facility to just walk into and maybe stealing some supplies would be more in order.

You can pick one person to sneak in to take supplies. This will require 2 cunning results in two attempts.

Or you can decide it's not worth it and just move on.

Make your choice

one year ago

With her teammates banged up and limping along, Xaree figured that she could find a healing item or two inside this facility.

"Stay here and don't make a noise," she tells her team. "But if those guys spot me and get all touchy, I expect you'll come to my aid."

She then prepares to carefully sneak inside, while observing that the guy being dissected somehow seems awfully familiar...

one year ago

"We already have so much shit. What could this stuff really help us with? I just don't think it's worth these guys shooting us when we could be shooting at whatever comes to kill us next. The Health Drone is still workin', ain't he?"

one year ago

"I had the same line of reasoning as well, but the two of you are pretty banged up, and I was willing to sacrifice myself for the cause..." Xaree whispers.

"I suppose Parvon will be the one to decide on the course of action then."

She crosses herself.

"May space-god be with us."

one year ago
Parvon muses for a moment, before making a hand sign to leave while they were still safe. He casts a strange look at the body being dissected, but shakes his head and moves on.

one year ago

Having been outvoted 2:1, Xaree will boldly lead the team into the next encounter.

one year ago

Involuntary PVP

Moving on from the sadistic doctors, Xaree continued to take point as they walked towards an area which looked more open.

A lot of large shipping containers and hover lifts. Looked to be some sort of shipping area. Nobody was really paying attention to the group as they were all focused on work. The group maneuvered their way through the area trying to find a place that was less busy, however when they did so, they stumbled on someone else who didn't want to be in a busy area either...

PSYCHO MODE!

Xaree viciously attacked Grib and Parvon with her bare hands fully intent on murdering the pair of them thanks to the effects of the drugs.

Fortunately however, her rage didn't exactly do much for her accuracy as she swung wildly, telegraphing her punch enough that even Parvon was able to block it and knock her off balance and to the ground. (Lose 1 HP)

She got back up only to see Grib walking towards her. She attacked him as well, but he caught her fist and then gave a heavy slap to her face with his other hand causing her to fall to the ground unconscious. (Lose 1 HP)

When she came to, the effects of the drug had worn off with Grib asking if she was back to normal. She replied that she was and noticed that the smuggler had dropped something in her haste to leave.

It was amusingly expired medicine (Heals 2 HP)

Pick who is taking point next

one year ago
"I suppose you can have the medicine, but don't ever do that again," Parvon mutters.

He nominates Xaree to take point again.

one year ago

"How dare you touch me you... you... RAPISTS!" Xaree screams before chomping on the medicine and running as far away from the other 2 members as possible.

Even after putting in so much effort at the Torgath Warfare academy, and being the top shot, she still got beaten up by a fucking nerd so easily. She hated being a woman!

Not wanting to even look at Parvon or Grib, she rushes ahead to the next room, taking point.

one year ago

"Rapist!?" Grib looked at Xaree's face, and then at the hand he slapped her with, and then her face again, and then at his hand.

"You mean, those vine things on the side of your head are...?" Grib's eyes narrowed, "Oh, Space-Christ, that's disgusting!"

one year ago
Parvon says nothing but ruminates on that time he pulled Xaree out of the ...tentacles by the head, with a confused look on his face.

one year ago

Heart of the Station?

In what was becoming the norm, Xaree took the lead and they moved on from the shipping area.

The station was seemingly getting less populated, they could only assume they were moving towards a different part of the station entirely.

In fact they started to notice that the gray steel walls were even starting to look different.

Almost organic...

THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP

There was little choice but to run through this gooey section as fast as they could. Xaree ran through first, followed by Parvon who despite his weakened state managed to make it.

Grib who usually wasn't the most agile finally made use of his mutated leg and managed to practically leap and dash through the dripping acidic asshole above him.

With this last hurdle out of the way, the station's walls started to look less like venereal diseases and back to steel again. The vibe in the area was different though. Like danger could be lurking anywhere. The group had made it pretty far without falling prey to the malevolent forces on this station that seemed to just infect everything.

And they did this because they remained united and that was the only way they were going to be able to get through this last area.

(Yeah there was no choice, you just all successfully rolled to avoid getting hit by acid)

Pick who is taking point next encounter

one year ago

I vote for either of the Health Bourgeoisie to take point.

one year ago

As usual, Xaree will take point.

one year ago
Wonderful. Parvon will trail the group while massaging his mutated parts.

one year ago
Delta genuinely might pull off a win. The game is incredibly lethal even with a full team, but having a third person delivering attacks and soaking damage can be taken makes a huge difference in the final section.

one year ago

The beginning of the end

Xaree and the group moved down the dark corridors quickly as they heard sounds of skittering and insectoid screeching echoing throughout. Last thing they wanted to face is a hive of overgrown bugs.

Not that Xaree had a problem with serving with the civilized forms. After all diversity was strength. It was why they made it so far and was proof that her progressive ideology was the correct one.

While she was mentally patting herself on the back with this self-satisfaction, another form liked diversity too, especially in its diet...

"Gotcha!"

It might not have been a hive of them, and it may or may not have even been an insectoid, but whatever this thing was it managed to take a good bite out of Xaree before she could react in time. (Lose 2 HP)

The creature is already upon you too closely to engage in a fire fight. You can either engage in close combat or just get out of here immediately.

Make your choice

one year ago
Parvon would love to dive for cover again, but it seems that he doesn’t have a choice.

He screeches a shrill war cry, and promptly darts away from the monster at full speed.

one year ago

Seeing Parvon do the thing Xaree most expected him to do, she will follow after him, cursing his name for having to let another rapist live free in this galaxy.

OOC: Can we get a full update on the inventory/HP? I kinda got lost here.

one year ago

"Hold on, I think-... Space-Christ! Is that you, Grelloxx from the Academy!? What are you doing out here naked with all these muties, man? Dude I told you Space Meth was a dark path! YOU WERE BETTER THAN THIS, YOU ASSHOLE!" Grib reached forward to try and shake the screeching xenoform by what could tentatively be called shoulders, but he was quickly swept away in the compromised gravity of the station by the slipstream his fleeing compatriots left behind, and he decided it was ultimately better to be gone than got.

one year ago
Lotta forehead pussies in this game.

one year ago
Commended by TharaApples on 12/10/2022 1:37:17 AM

Running out of time

Despite the mixed response of the entire team, they all ended up running from Grib's old academy buddy who managed to bite Xaree's ass as she ran off (Lose 1 HP)

Running down a completely dark corridor was bad enough, but they soon realized something odd which was the walls of the corridor which would have normally kept them within a certain "line" were no longer there. They knew this because they were all spread out from each other during the run.

A quick call out signified that they were all within a short distance from each other still, so maybe they had run into a large empty room. And that's when they all started to spin, float, and pulled towards who knows where. Images and scenes both familiar and unknown blinked before them...

"Watashi ni chokumen shite kudasai, akuma!"

This angry primitive human warrior aside, you also have the issue that when you went through the time rift, your team's equipment got swapped around and in some cases actually LOST due to inventory limit space.

So let's take care of that first...

Grib

6 HP

Pulse Rifle (2 inventory slots)

Stun Baton

Mutation (1 inventory slot)

Grib MUST discard one of these items (And no, not the mutation)

Parvon

6 HP

Punch Gun

Stun Grenade

Speed Stims

Mutation (2 inventory spaces)

Parvon MUST drop one of these (and again no not the mutation)

Xaree

5 HP

Ray gun

Power wrench

Xaree doesn't have to drop anything

After you're done dropping various items forever, decide how you want to handle the samurai. (He's patiently waiting since he's honorable)

You can either elect one person to fight him honorably in close combat or fight dishonorably and just bum rush him (This will still be close combat only though)

Make your choices

one year ago

Glorious Nippon Steel folded over one thousand times.

one year ago

Grib tosses the half-broken shitgun aside and grabs hold of the... Baton? What the shit!? Where was his gauntlet? Ah well, no time for questions, he was trained to make the best of any close-quarters boarding situation, after all. He held the baton out in front of him defensively and faced off against the puny humoid, uttering a primal snarl.

"I know those funny moon sounds- You from the Intergalactic Cybertokio Corpocomplex?" He said, "Only dandies and tentaclefuckers come from Cybertokio, and you don't much look like Xaree to me!"

He widened his stance and hit his chest once with his free fist, "COME ON, THEN! YOU LOOK LIKE THE KINDA GUY WHO'D FUCK ANOTHER MAN IN THE BLINGOID WITHOUT EVEN THE COMMON GODDAMN DECENCY TO PULL ON HIS TORPLOG! I AIN'T SCARED OF YOU!"

one year ago

Since Xaree is a woman and therefore has absolutely no concept of honor, she will signal the team to bumrush the weird-speaking man.

Oh, and she'll also make sure to use the healing bot's advanced healing function before she does anything else.

one year ago
Parvon lets the speed stims go.

He looks strangely at the Samurai, and at his teammates. He cups his fists in a sign of respect and hurls the stun grenade at the fool. Bum rush it is, then.

one year ago
Commended by TharaApples on 12/10/2022 1:36:34 AM

You have no honor, like a woman

While Grib had nothing but death in store for this primitive human, he could at least appreciate the concept of honorable one on one combat. He was about to step forward to meet the challenge when Xaree made her usual femoid squeeling thinking it was actually a "battle cry" when all it actually sounded like is two Zarbrak's mating.

Parvon didn't help matters when he threw a stun grenade which was normally a RANGED weapon in CLOSE COMBAT.

The blinding flash hit everyone, though perhaps only the samurai was unaffected given that he'd trained to fight blind. Xaree felt a slashing blade cut open her side as she flailed wildly only barely hitting the samurai. Grib managed to land a blow if only because he could smell the filthy human even under all that armor he was wearing. Parvon, who was never the best at combat to begin with missed and felt the blade slice into his mutated body.

As the effects of the grenade wore off, Xaree was trying to recover from the severe wound that was bleeding quite badly. She feebly attempted to hit the samurai with the wrench, but it was a futile endeavor. She was too weak and the last thing she saw was a blade heading straight for her neck.

Xaree's headless body slumped lifelessly to the ground as the samurai continued his attack on Parvon who caught another hit to his mutated chest, despite getting a good hit with the punch gun, destroying some of the samurai's armor.

Eventually Grib took down the yellow devil with a solid hit from his baton, first breaking his sword and then his face when the heavy weapon completely broke the front part of that silly masked helmet he was wearing. This was followed a solid stomp to his same bloody face multiple times until it was sure he was quite dead.

A man worth killing. Grib then thoughtfully contemplated that under different circumstances, perhaps he would have called this warrior an ally.

He then looked over at Xaree's headless body and Parvon sobbing as he tried to stop his bleeding.

Certainly would have been better than the ones he'd been stuck with this whole time.

Lt. Xaree

Decapitated by a samurai

Survival Time: 12 Encounters

one year ago

F. If nothing else, you went out with honor.

one year ago

For the briefest of moments after her beheading, and before she went to meet space-god, Xaree only thought one thing.

"Guess I won't get that threesome after all..."

one year ago
How typical that a man playing a woman makes them hornier to the very end than even a literal sexbot controlled by Thara.

one year ago

Thank you. I tried.

one year ago

F.

Dying by a samurai is not a bad way to go. They were fucking metal, man.

one year ago
"Oops."

Parvon turns from the carnage, and unwillingly takes point to atone for his error.

one year ago

Reading this scene back, that Samurai really kicked the shit out of Parvon and Xaree (killed her actually, lmao.) Probably would have went way better if it was a 1v1 with Grib and him.

Smh.

one year ago

Peng throwing the stun grenade along with some bad dice rolls really messed things up for them. Peng was lucky he managed to at least block one time.

one year ago

Based Parvon throwing a stun grenade, and risking getting mortally wounded to get that uppity bitch Xaree killed.

one year ago
Just taking a glance at the stats, it doesn't look like anyone but Grib had any business in close combat to begin with.

one year ago

Grib looked down at the warriors around him. The head that had rolled across the ground, and the guts that had spilled out of Xaree's side- Hold on, they weren't green or clear on the inside at all!... Was Lt. Salad actually a reptilian animal this whole time!? Wow, just goes to show, you never really know somebody until it's too late. But alas, vegetable or not, she was compost now, and he would probably have to send condolences to her reptoid family.

Grib's nostrils hissed with a heavy breath, for he knew that truly, one of his own had died today. And while there wasn't much time for pomp and circumstance, he could, at the very least, give a fallen warrior a proper respectful eulogy.

He raised his head up, and loosed three great chainsaw-barks like a roaring bull seal, the territory call of his people, and then bowed his head and lowered his gaze- To the Samurai.

"You were without a doubt the best humoid I have ever met, Tokioman. And when we meet again in the Mead Hall of Space Jesus, I will raise a toast in your name."

He would then shush parvon for the customary moment of silence.

one year ago

Primal Rage

Grib now wondered where the hell he was, because it sure wasn't the station anymore. He didn't have to wonder too long because soon he and Parvon were making another little trip...

Clever girls

But first, once again the time rift travel switched all your gear around. In Grib's case, he's got his Punch Gun back, however, Parvon has the Pulse rife and the Stun baton and thanks to his mutation, he has to drop one of those forever.

As for the dinos, you can get one shot off at them and then you're automatically fighting them in close combat. They can't be flanked either (Not that ANY of the teams have been doing that anyway)

Make your choices

one year ago

Things have been really turning into shit for you guys.

one year ago
Parvon drops the baton and hopes to blast the dinos into smithereens before they can get their teeth in him.

one year ago

Grib roars partially out of frustration. Clearly these lizards should've been on his team rather than Xaree, but he couldn't dwell on that right now.with the Punch Gun safely in its rightful place on his fist again, he charges at the bastards and prepares to blast bolts through skulls.

one year ago

Apex Predator

In a move that even surprised Parvon, he managed to land a good hit on both raptors before they reached the team's position. Fortunately for Parvon, Grib stood between him and them. He walloped one raptor in the eye socket with his punch gun, exploding its orb, along with part of its head. The large reptile made one last primal roar before falling to the jungle floor.

The other raptor attacked Grib, digging its talons into his back. In a move then that surprised nobody, Parvon activated the healing drone and healed himself while Grib struggled against the last opponent.

Mustering all his strength, Grib grabbed the raptor on his back and slammed it over his head in front of him, then he proceeded to beat the lizard to death and ending with prying open its jaws wide enough to break them.

There was certainly no loot to be found in this primeval jungle, and if Grib didn't know where he was before, he really didn't know where he was now, but somehow it didn't even seem to matter. If anything he could probably stay here a be just fine. Parvon probably wouldn't, but not like he gave a shit about scrote man.

However, a return to the wild was not to be, as the ancient trees were uprooted as an eruption of stars burst up through the ground. Once again the team fell unconscious on a wave of cosmic darkness.

Pick who takes point for next encounter

one year ago
"I got it!" Parvon springs forward, feeling rejuvenated after healing himself with the drone.

one year ago
Commended by TharaApples on 12/10/2022 1:37:45 AM

Psi Fy

Team Delta finally reached their new destination which was who knows where this time. When they got up from their time trip, the surrounding area they were in was pitch dark. Granted the floor they were standing on was metallic, so they could be back on the station and just in some large dark room.

Parvon who was feeling a bit better was about to pick a direction to start walking in when a blue glow appeared from the darkness.

"Interlopers! This place is not meant for the likes of you!"

They didn't even know where they were, but this psychic lady was determined to make sure they never left it. Grib and Parvon both clutched their heads in pain as they felt her psionic attack.

Parvon managed to shield his mind thinking about the green skies of his own world. He thought about how he was there right now. Parvon was always good at pretending he was somewhere else when things were really bad, it had helped immensely with not having a breakdown from time to time.

Grib, unfortunately while strong in body had no such discipline to transport his mind elsewhere. He lived in the real world and all that entailed. It kept him grounded, but it wouldn't protect him from this attack. He bellowed as he felt his mind being assaulted and then something popped inside and then nothing at all. (Lose 2 HP) Grib then fell over.

Parvon snapped out of his calming thoughts upon seeing this and attacked the priestess. (Pick what you're doing ranged or close combat)

As for Grib, there would be no further battles for this warrior, just darkness.

Lt. Grib

Brain exploded by Psi-Seer High Priestess

Survival Time: 14 Encounters

one year ago

DAMN!

THEY GOT GRIB?!

F.

Well, shit. Delta's fucked.

Good luck to Parvon somehow.

Shit's like a From Software game. You can have high strength and endurance, but the true meta is fucking magic and INT or something.

one year ago
No, not Grib. He was the only one who deserved to live. :(

one year ago
Parvon barely manages to stand despite the ringing pain in his head, and promptly felt his legs give out upon seeing the unmoving figure of Grib.

Supporting himself with one hand (the other held to his head), he crawled up next to the powerful lieutenant, but the dull, dead eyes only confirmed his sinking suspicious further.

He was truly alone this time.

Despite all his moments of weakness, Parvon finds the strength to fight within him. He hoists his gun, utters a strange cry of battle, and ducks behind Grib's body to fire at the priestess.

one year ago
Hiding behind his comrades to the very end.

one year ago
Commended by TharaApples on 12/10/2022 5:18:55 PM

Too little, too late

Parvon with some effort propped Grib's body up like a shield and fired upon the psi-seer who returned fire. She knew which way the energy blasts were coming from, but perhaps due to being blind, she couldn't get an accurate shot on Parvon. She kept missing him and repeatedly blasting Grib's lifeless corpse. Then again Parvon was pretty well hidden as much as he could be behind such bulk.

Parvon though still kept a cool head. He reloaded rapidly and made every one of his shots count, hitting the blindy several times to the point where even he was feeling the "warrior spirit." Perhaps Grib was somehow watching over him.

The high priestess though had enough of trading shots and decided to unleash a full blast of psychic energy in Parvon's direction. What remained of Grib's corpse was now mostly destroyed leaving Parvon in the open and wounded.

Parvon persevered and landed another shot on the priestess who was now very near death herself. He reloaded one more time...

But it was all the time the seer needed to land her fatal blast. Parvon was engulfed in a glow which melted his skin first, followed by the rest of the layers of his body.

His last thoughts were how he wished his parents never pushed him into joining the GA in the first place.

Lt. Parvon

Disintegrated by Psi-Seer High Priestess

Survival Time: 14 Encounters

Team Delta's attempts to ESCAPE THE DARK SECTOR have ended here.

one year ago

Well, that was just a back to back slaughter with those deaths seemingly coming one after the other.

A respectful F to pay respects for the entirety of Team Delta.

one year ago

Rip. Despite your stun grenade fuckup I was rooting for you.

Oh well. And I was hoping we'd all make it out alive, too, because we're the wholesome team.