Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

This Man

10 years ago

http://www.thisman.org/

Have you seen him? I have several times, though he hasn't ever said a word to me. Then today i stumble on this, now I'm freaked out.

This Man

10 years ago

He might be:

The human embodiment of Laplace's Demon and/or Maxwell's demon,

Doctor What,

Someone who died before photographical record,

Someone from the future,

Someone who reached Nirvana,

The guy who gave those pills to the people in lead masks on the top of a hill, (the most confusing crime on that Cracked list...)

A guy who went past the event horizon,

A guy who fell into a black hole,

That guy in the bible who was sucked up into a tornado, never died, and they leave a chair open to him at passover.

This Man

10 years ago
Makes me not wanna go back to sleep lol

This Man

10 years ago

Not even if Jeff asks you politely?

He might also be:

A dude who has mastered the art of Freddy Kruegerianism,

Jim Johnson, who sails through dreams in his flying machine, and causes threads to rhyme briefly,

The slightly different-looking brother of that one comedian on the most recent season of America's got Talent,

A psychic dude who has lucid dreams.

You could try having a lucid dream and ask him a shitload of questions, but then it might just be yourself answering for him... If he does do any nasty shit eventually, there's always caffeine pills!

Or, if the theory that all life is a simulation is true, it might be a developer cameo! (He does seem the computery sort, doesn't he?)

This Man

10 years ago

... This is some seriously deep shit... I've never seen him that I remember, but I haven't been remembering a ton of dreams lately... I'll start trying, but I almost hope I don't run into him...

This Man

10 years ago

right? Its weird man. I never thought to research the guy because well yo uknow its a dream. I've told people about it before but it was always dismissed as just a rational character my mind remembered from previous dreams as standing out, and so then there he wa sin other dreams ya know?

But now after researching a bit today after finding this site, I am really fucking curious.

This Man

10 years ago

Some dreamers found out the truth apprently, they carved thus far untranslatable cipher into their arms and banged their heads on the wall until they imploded and died... I just get that kind of vibe from this...

This Man

10 years ago

lol I dunno man, it's just all too weird.

Maybe it is some sort of government psy ops project? lol I mean honestly who know.

This Man

10 years ago

It's the alien commie nazi illuminati satanists from the middle east! They're the ones who did this! *puts on trucker hat and gets out shotgun*

This Man

10 years ago

^ So Aman?

This Man

10 years ago

I know he is Aman. I KNOWWWW!

This Man

10 years ago

Nope, Aman's Jewish, and therefore cannot be Nazi, Satanist, or Illuminati, and unless some people on other planets have experienced similar things to write in a similar bible, it's highly unlikely he's an Alien. Of course, anyone could be a communist, but it rules out the red, Russian following of communism, because it was essentially their religion before Orthodox propaganda came into play.

This Man

10 years ago

Aman never tells the truth. Betcha he's not Jewish.

This Man

10 years ago

Yeah, it's all a ploy. 

(paradox initiated) 

This Man

10 years ago

Yup.

This Man

10 years ago

And hey, What does tornado's have to do with Elijah?

This Man

10 years ago

fter he got god to rain fire and lightning down on pagan temples, he was sucked up into a tornado, never experiencing death. When he comes back, he's supposed to die with everyone as the world ends...

This Man

10 years ago

Ah. I think it goes that he went up a firy tornado, on a flaming chariot. Slightly different I suppose.

This Man

10 years ago

Can't say I've seen him, and I remember my dreams fairly well (though he'll probably pop up tonight now that I've seen the mug shot =P).

This Man

10 years ago

I'm willing to bet you that you've never seen that man in any of your dreams, ever.

The human mind is incredibly suggestible thing, one could relatively easily convince most people that things happened to them that, well, never happened.

I'm sure that you're aware of the "repressed memory" controversy that happened several years ago? The one with the people who became convinced that their parents were satan worshippers, and that they had been raped and molested as babies? You're aware that every single one of these so called "repressed memories" was complete and absolute bullshit? That the people actually began forming flase memories simply because they were being asked about the situation, and their brain made shit up?

Other experiments run have had similar results, where psychologists take people and then talk to them about their trips to other countries, except those people never actually went to any of the countries that the researchers told them they went to. They showed the subjects images where they were photoshopped into pictures of the country, and through conversation, they eventually convinced the subjects that they really had gone to the countries they never went to. The subjects even took the lead, making up stories about the time they spent there.

This is because people tend to forget about things, like, a lot. We forget an unholy amount of stuff all the time, so when we see evidence of us doing something, or people say we were doing something, then our brains will just assume they forgot about it.

So we already have an easily suggestible mind.

Now, let's look at dreams.

Vague, insubstantial, and most of them forgotten, with the ones you remember almost completely made up to fit the holes in the story formed by what you remember.

You're almost certainly never going to remember any kind of face from your dreams, other than some vague, human-like one.

So your easily suggestible brain, coupled with your vague, foggy dreams, will likely easily believe that THAT man was actually in one of your dreams, despite the fact that he never was.

Look at his face, it's vague, a face that someone will almost never see on a human. The mouth is too wide, it's in black and white, and it has no distinguishing features. Really, you can only see half of a real human face on that thing.

I'm thinking that one day, some kid had a dream, and there was a man in it. When he woke, he decided to draw the vague human-face that he remembered, and he got this.

Then, a friend met up with him, asked him what that was, and the kid answered "Oh, that's a guy I saw in a dream".

A while later, the friend "realizes" that he saw that man's face in HIS dream too. Except he didn't. Chances are, his dream never even had a man in it, and if it did, it was almost certainly not an identical copy to the paper one.

And thus, it spread.

And the problem is, after people convince themselves that the picture is a real man that they see in their dreams, they will actually start seeing that exact face in their dreams, because their minds have become convinced that when they dream, they will see this man, like everyone else.

It's a self-perpetuating falsehood.

I guarantee you, Ryan, that you have never dreamed of this man before you saw this paper. Though you might dream of him in the future, now that you've seen his face.

This Man

10 years ago

Oh, hey, just read the history, that's actually exactly what happened, haha...

This Man

10 years ago

Dammit, Drakilian! You ruined my extremely overcomplicated plan to take over the world! This man would be the mouthpiece through which I slowly mind conrtolled everyone on the fucking planet!

This Man

10 years ago

How did you find this?

This Man

10 years ago

The human mind can't come up with faces. All the people you have ever dreamt about are people you either know (duh) or saw on the street for a few secs. You don't remember them but their images are still in your brain. So, you can't have dreamt about this guy BEFORE you saw that image. If you think you did then your brain is lying to you.

P.S: Damn you Drakilian, I wanted to act all cool :(

This Man

10 years ago

Actually, some minds are creative enough to make imaginary characters, so I bet you could dream. Supposedly Aman had a dream with his favorite RP character, Rebbe Justice, though he doesn't remember it clearly anymore.

This Man

10 years ago

There is a difference between creating a personality/character and a face

This Man

10 years ago

Not necessarily, Rebbe Justice was a sketch made.

But I dreamt a really odd dream a while ago, and the evil guy who was trying to give me plastic surgery had a face I didn't  recognize. (In the dream)

This Man

10 years ago

........ He posted 4 hours before you posted this. 

This Man

10 years ago

I know, that's why I can't act all cool. That was the point Heman

This Man

10 years ago

Yeah, but it's not a "damn you drak" moment, its a "damn, I was 4 hours late, shouldn't bother posting what Drak said in shorter words" moment. 

This Man

10 years ago

Fair enough.

This Man

10 years ago

Never seen the man before, but that is one creepy-looking dude.

This Man

10 years ago

people only see faces in dreams that they've seen in real life... I'd be scared if I were you...

This Man

10 years ago

Source?

This Man

10 years ago

http://www.boredpanda.com/15-interesting-facts-about-dreams-dreaming/

This Man

10 years ago

Odd, but I refer to Drak's post.

This Man

10 years ago
So tell me how all the people throughout history have drawn an painted images of people who bear no resemblance to anyone thats ever lived. Tell me how video game and anime and animated film creators do it everyday if the mind cannot make its own imagery? Sorry but if you really believe the mind (which is virtually endless in creative process and data processing) isnt capable of doing these things then i really feel sorry for you.

This Man

10 years ago

Combinations of different facial features and images we see in everyday life to form a different one.

I have no doubt we can form faces of our own accord, to say otherwise is nonsensical.

This Man

10 years ago

Well of course, But that's different from saying the mind can't create a face without stealing it from someone they saw IRL. :P

This Man

10 years ago

Well. We base faces on human faces, duh :P

This Man

10 years ago

Absolutley none of that page is backed by credible authorities. It links to dream (which are hyperlinked) are all redirects to the same page

This Man

10 years ago
How can a dream ever havea credible source? You are the only one that can ever know your own dream. And qhen repeating it all you'll ever have is a loose translation.

This Man

10 years ago

Hmm? I'm reffering to Beta's proof that faces can't be imagined. Not your This Man dreams. 

This Man

10 years ago

http://www.boredpanda.com/15-interesting-facts-about-dreams-dreaming/

This site. 

This Man

10 years ago
Gotcha but still my argument stands. How can a dream ever be credible? I mean the best youve got is the fact you should know by now I wouldn't lie to you. So my word should carry credibility, but the fact we are talking about a dream kinda even hurts that. I mean I can promise you allday that what Ive said in this thread is true, but its still a dream.

That being said, i am not making this up, it scared the fuck out of me. I mean thats the dude in my dreams. Perfect PERFECT image...

This Man

10 years ago

I dunno. Generally we look at statistics, and compare it to other phnemonoms with similair spreads, but I'm not a researcher, I don't waste my time figuring such things out. ;P

This Man

10 years ago

So we don't know. The brain is so complex after years of study, we barely understand the cell itself, new things being found every week. No evidence can be truly proved.

This Man

10 years ago

Aeon, I repeat, how did you find that site?

This Man

10 years ago
I was curious, i searched for reoccuring dreams and dream image patterns online for a good few houra before I stumbled upon it and went holy fuck thats the guy!!!!

Then got to doing a ton of research on the guy. Seems this man has been reported throughout history.dating back pre crusade/dark ages.

This Man

10 years ago

Really? Didn't see that on the site

This Man

10 years ago
Nope I dug and dug, i wasted about 4 hours researching today. Even used some government systems :) pulled up some files on it. There is tons of cases world wide the flyers you see hanging up on that site really do exist. There are support groups and everything.

This Man

10 years ago

Pretty sure it's fake, the disclaimer is ridiculous:

http://www.thisman.org/news.htm

dont let the paranoia get to you aeon.

This Man

10 years ago

Plus, it wasn't updated in 2 years, and the first official sighting was on 2006 supposedly.

This Man

10 years ago

This Man

10 years ago

Real, definitely.

This Man

10 years ago

(sarcasm doesn't read on the web Tan (assuming you aren't serious))

This Man

10 years ago

Oh, I'm serious Aman. dead serious

This Man

10 years ago

That was sarcasm by the way.

This Man

10 years ago

Read this man-

http://www.winnipegsun.com/news/columnists/thane_burnett/2009/10/28/11554546.html

This Man

10 years ago

I don't get it. His face seems normal and non-creepy and I know a guy who has a similar face.

This Man

10 years ago

It's a hoax anyhow. Though I do think that he looks a bit like Casey Kasem.

Mystery Solved

10 years ago
 photo thisman_zps859945ba.jpg  photo vladimir-putin_zps405feddd.jpg

Mystery Solved

10 years ago

no Putin's eyebrows are not bushy enough.

Mystery Solved

10 years ago

Makes sense. 

Mystery Solved

10 years ago

lmao

Mystery Solved

10 years ago

Ooh.

Though I still think it looks more like Casey Kasem.

This Man

10 years ago

So it turns out it was a Russian secret weapon all along? Or was it a way for Putin to brainwash Russians into voting for him? No matter the case, KGB will murder us all for this

This Man

10 years ago

oh no what have I done????