Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Dungeons and Drangons and other table top games

10 years ago

Now I like Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) a lot. Most people I have met in life think that is really weird, but I just can't help it. Anyway I am making this post to see if anyone on this site enjoys the game (there has got to be a few if not more) and if you do and you have some crazy, cool, funny stories about play sessions with your friends or family then I would very much like to read them. 

One story I have is about a campaign I played with my two brothers not to long ago. It wasn't actually D&D it was a different tabletop game called Warhammer. It is basically a much more realistic game that doesn't run on the D20 system, but it is really really easy to die. You get between 11-13 HP to start out with and can only get a maximum of 22 if you pick the right careers (basically the class system). Anyway I was playing a traveling entertainer by the name of something (I just don't remember) and my brother was playing an ex sellsword by the name of Nai or something like that. Anyway we both happened to be on a ship to a town that was notorious for being a very hard place. It was basically a haven for criminals and the like. Once we got into town we noticed that the entire town was very subdued and sad for some reason. With a little investigation we found out that a prostitute of some renown that lived in the town had recently passed and her death was causing this weird reaction (whether from some sort of magic or just her natural appeal to everyone idk) We ended up talking to this scribe that had two other prostitutes with him about this mysterious woman, and how she dies. Well apparently she had her throat cut and dumped into the ocean only to reemerge a few days later on the shore. When we were down talking I (playing my character who was a 17 year old traveling knife thrower/fire dancer) tried to sleep with one of the two prostitutes. I failed miserably and decided to go to sleep. Well my character woke up to that same prostitue I had hit on earlier busting into my tent. Of course I thought "Aha! My charm did work on her, or at least my money did!" Well that isn't exactly what happened. Instead of her laying down next to me and getting ready she jumped up ontop of me and started spitting up this weird black shit all over my face. I was so confused at this that I naturally just grabbed at my sword, but I couldn't reach it sadly enough. At that point I just tried to push her off of me and again the weirdest shit happened. As I pushed there was no resistance and the woman just started to melt right on top of me along with the black shit that was already creeping me out. Anyway I eventually got smart and just rolled out from underneath her since she wasn't really holding me down. Just melting. I ran out of my tent onto the street just to see everyone running out of town. Not long after I got out of town with my brothers character (who had fled the inn when the floor started growing this strange green moss shit all over the place) I found out that the woman had a disease and I had contracted that disease. After running around for an hour trying (and failing)  to get a cure I melted all over the place. 

The moral of this story is not to hit on the prostitutes they may give you weird ass diseases you've never heard about. 

10 years ago

(Old) World of Darkness fan here. I also like Berka's bountyhead system.

10 years ago

Will always be a big fan of Hero System. As long as you're playing with the right crowd, it's fantastic. :P (The right crowd is players who have the same level of Minmaxing. You'll get frustrated when one character does almost everything well, while yours barely does one thing.)

10 years ago

As Aman mentioned, the Hero-System is a fun, adaptable system that works if you have characters who don't plan to min-max, and a bucket-load of d6s. Like, 20 at least. (And that's stretching it. Especially considering all of those that fall off the a table under the refrigerator :P)

Oh, and Berka's BhB is very nice as well :D

Though a family-friend of Aman has a really neat (Private, non-commercial) Adapted 'Traveler' Tabletop RPG. It has a slightly altered skill sets and whole new universe (+aliens) added from the original. It also has my favorite RPG character I've played, "Egvis (Forgot the last name :P)" who's a brilliant, yet morbidly ugly, ex-army (Jewish) Elvis Presley impersonator in the future.

10 years ago

Egvis was too cool to have a last name. :P

10 years ago

Hmm, probably the most amusing story is the one about breaking into a warehouse. 

Some backstory, Tan, a friend, and I were playing (and still are, though the campaign is in a hiatus until the GM finds his notes) a simple beat 'um up, with Neo-Nazis and all. Of course, at first we didn't know anything about the campaign, so we tumbled through a couple of scenarios, which ended up leading us to a warehouse, so we could find out what the Neo-Nazis were trying to fund. 

In normal super hero fashion, I proposed busting the warehouse garage door down, and walking in, but we tan decided that destroying property to find something we weren't certain was there was a bad idea. Boo hoo. So, I fly up (carrying tan), and search the rooftop, while my other friend was waiting near the garage door, invisible. Tan and I found a hatch, but we decided to wait (since we love Annoying our GM so). After a good 10 minutes IRL time, the GM says "Screw it", and brings in a van of goons, going inside the warehouse, via the garage door. The invisible friend follows. Couple dice rolls of failed stealth, and bam, shots are fired, wounding the character. 

Tan and I freak out, and try to open the hatch. After seeing that the hatch is locked, I body slam it. Yup. The Gm stared at me, I nodded, and I fell straight through the metal hatch, falling down, hard. 

It was amaizing we even survived that encounter. XD

10 years ago

Hehe, I loved how I made my character do a high-risk acrobatics roll to jump down that hatch, just to piss you off XD (And I succeeded ;))

10 years ago

Asshole ;)

10 years ago

Haha I don't think I have even hear of the Hero system I will have to check that out. Just the other day my brother was DMing a D&D game were I played a druid. I was going into a wizards tower and found a trap door that lend to some crept thing. I had to leave my poor Barley the wolf because of a ladder and I went alone (which is unwise, never waltz into a crept by yourself).

I ended up finding three skeletons with breastplates and battle axes. There was no way out because I had dropped down off a ledge not to far back. I had to fight all three, and was doing pretty good (one down and I had only been hit once) when both skeletons critical hit me one after the other only leaving me a few HP. After that turn I missed and the next skeleton critically hit me once again leaving me at negative 12 HP which killed me.

I was so pissed to have died in my first encounter. I was just like WTF IAN!? Why did you make me leave my wolf? He could have helped me out so much. He just giggled and said its your turn to DM a game for me. 

10 years ago

Hate those fickle dices ;P

10 years ago

It wouldn't have happened if I had brought my dice over to his house, but I didn't think that we were going to play a game. It was really a spur of the moment thing, and all we had were his dice. His dice just wanted to see me die. 

10 years ago

Heh, that actually happened in my game (Mage: The Ascension).

I won't tell you who it was, but let's just say that a certain character should have died three times in the same encounter, which happened to be the first encounter of the story... (Hey, I wasn't going to kill a player off like that)

10 years ago

You're much more merciful than my brother. I applaud you. lol

10 years ago

Mercy is for the weak! :P I love testing the limits of a GM if I'm playing a game in person.

10 years ago

I don't agree with never letting people die if they screw up, but getting killed in your first encounter really sucks. Especially since you just made your character(s) and the DM has set up this whole adventure and then you just die. All the work that both parties have put in is kind of ruined at that point and it isn't fun. Doing all the work with no payoff is the worst. 

10 years ago

Yeah, you have to wait until at least the third encounter before you get to kill any players.

10 years ago

Unless the first encounter is avoidable and clearly in need of avoiding. Like say you're playing a bandit and you're in the trees and you see twenty guards looking for you by the nearby road. If the player climbs down the tree and starts fighting those guards he is either level 20 or he deserves to die. 

10 years ago

Ooh! Fun Backstory time!

Well, it was during a good ol' game of Vampire: The Masquerade, set in the dark ages. I was GMing and the players involved were playing two vampires (duh), a Gangrel (warrior) and an Assumite (assassin).

The mission was simple, one of the assassin's old enemies was visiting town looking for him: a high-ranking vampire hunter and his entourage. They had to off the hunter and take care of the Bishop, along with anyone else who could possibly expose the assassin.

My players, lacking all subtlety and reason, decided that the best course of action would be to ignore all of the hints I was dropping them as to all of the many, many ambushes that were in store for them, and decided to walk up to the front door, open it, and attack.

It's times like this when the sadistic/murderer GM in me gets all giddy inside.

I pitted them against two elite-level hunters (not counting the Baron and the Bishop) while a swarm of mundane extras was alerted and began the wonderful job of sealing off all escape routes.

Warrior won initiative and charged towards one of the hostiles, hoping to rip him apart with his claws before any retaliation could be made.

He botched his roll. It was glorious. It was a bad botch too (there are degrees of botching in the world of darkness system). Suffice it to say, he slipped, literally fell on the enemy hunter's sword, and was then paralyzed by the impromptu stake that had gone through his heart.

The assassin was left, against three enemies, every single one of which hopelessly outmatched him in every single way. What happened next brought tears to my eyes. Whether in pride or hatred of probability, I can't say.

Hunter holding the Gangrel had used up his turn. The assassin activated celerity and struck next, promptly removing the other hunter's head off.

The Baron (Head-hunter's title) moved to attack with his own form of celerity, but missed. Assassin struck, this time with a special poison he had developed and some very lucky rolling, Baron falls, down to crippled.

Assassin strikes again (Celerity is awesome like that), kills the Baron.

Assassin strikes again, fires a hand-held crossbow (targetted shot) straight into the last hunter's hand, he drops the companion.

Last hunter tries to attack but botches his roll. He falls flat on his face, tripping over the Gangrel. Assassin finishes him off on the next round.

Now, however, the church was surrounded...

Assassin takes the sword out of his partner's chest, unparalyzing him. They kill the Bishop (who had been busy hiding himself in the nearest confessional).

Yada-yada-yada, they summon a pack of stray hounds to divert the guards outside the church, barricade the doors, escape through a secret tunnel I threw in because they so totally deserved it after that victory, made their way out of the cave system, only to be hit by the sun.

Now, in vampire the masquerade, there's a very special thing called Rotshrëck. It's a frenzy, and vampires are very susceptible to it, it's kinda like a berserker rage, and the GM gets to take control of your character, add a bunch of points to your physical attributes, and then kill shit with it.

The assassin proceeded to be hit by rotshreck. (Gangrel made his save).

The assassin then proceeded to be viciously burned by the sun while he mercilessly attacked a tree. The gangrel had to drag him back into the cave.

Night two

Vampires are hungry, they search the woods for some prey. They find a lone hunter. Hunter greets them amiably, the encounter goes like this:

"Hey guys, how are yo- AHHHHH!" - Silence.

The assassin goes first, however he fails his save AGAIN, and this time enters a blood frenzy (somewhat different, now they just search to drink as much blood as possible).

Of course, for the sake of humor, I couldn't just let him drink blood normally, now could I?

No, instead, I had him suck the blood from an, ahem, alternative source.

After "draining the guy dry" and "accidentally" doing something no heterosexual vampire should ever do, he broke out of his frenzy. However, in-character, the gangrel saw EVERYTHING, and will never, ever, ever let him live that down. Ever. 

Anyways, they return to their home base, a tremere (mage vampire) sanctuary where one of the character's sister lives. Of course, the sanctuary is under attack by the remaining vampire hunters.

At this point, the genius plan of "Hey, let's climb the tallest building we can see and then stealth assassinate those guys like in assassin's creed" came to the assassin player. 

He botched his roll, smashed into the ground, and entered into  torpor (vampire coma).

At this point, I decided to cut them a break and got the assassin's sister to come out and incinerate the competition, but not before letting the Gangrel get a kill in (he had had some pretty shitty luck lately).

Anyways, that was a good session. Ah.

10 years ago

Fun. XD 

10 years ago

Quite so.

10 years ago

I love it when a character built for an entirely different situation ends up curp-stomping his worst-case. lol

10 years ago

Very nice, and again I haven't ever heard of Vampire: The Masquerade so I thank you for bringing a new game to my attention. The closest thing I have gotten to something like that is Ravenloft which I played off the D20 system like D&D and I think it is actually just a campaign setting for D&D and not a different game entirely.  

10 years ago

It's a vampire role-playing game set in a gothic-punk world, you can see me play it, here:               http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MkLGPS6RFY&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL51AA264D91C28B2F

10 years ago

*Years later, when the Assumite somehow lived to become an elder vampire, neonates would still tell rumors and stories about the time that Florenzo fellatiated a hunter in some backwoods for squirrel blood.

10 years ago
Haha, let me whip up a tale of silly blunders (or of ridiculous success XD)  [Though I'm unsure of the chronology, but that's unimportant :P]

It was in our 3rd, I believe gaming session using the hero system. After defeating a bunch of neo-nazi goons, the GM decided to give us real Super-powered villains to fight. As the plot thickened after a rather boring court-case, the super powered villains attacked- We beat them, even after some really dumb strategies (like tying to martial kick a flying man on a taxi. If you try, you'll fall :P).

However, as is usual they ran away. Soon, our group get an e-mail (yeah...) from them, and they tell us to meet to talk about something. So, although it is inevitably a trap, we went. (After Aman's character made sure to go to the restroom, of course -___-)

As is common in these games, Heroes typically have arch-enemies (typically with the same power-build) that come to hunt them down every session the dice rolls demand. And, as theater demands it, dark alleyways are where meetings take place. So, after some terrible attempts at in-game conversation, a Dark Shadow covering 5 hexes all directions slowly crept toward us on the other side of the street.

My char, genius as I am, threw several rocks at the figure. After several bad attempts, we kind of freaked out since we thought the meeting was gonna be a huge fight, and the GM was clearly hoping this would be a tough challenge. Reb Justice and Nightsheild (Aman's char and mine, respectively) decided to just run in and blindly charge the person in the darkness, bored and confident. We hit, got some good damage in the round, we both practically played ping-pong with the guy, knock back rules made him bounce off the walls after every good punch :P. The enemy attacked multiple times, and missed them all*. 

And thus, Reb Justice knocked him out, and literally threw my Arch-rival to the other side of the city, because we knew that the police never work. Yeah, the GM intervened the dice so we didn't kill him :P

*Yeah, the GM gave My nemesis 'Emanate Darkness', but forgot to give him dark vision -___-

Ah, and the meeting was rather tame afterall. Nothing really happened :P, but the session was rather amusing.

10 years ago

What was the story about the giant man who went down in one hit again? I forget why we even did that. XD

10 years ago

keitaro.

10 years ago

He just... Appeared. I mean, we just had to attack him out of the blue! :P

10 years ago

http://www.goblinscomic.org/01202007/

10 years ago

Don't you dare Tan or I will shoot Udo... xD

10 years ago

Whatever do you mean? 

10 years ago

You know very well what I mean. Don't try it in Mythic Nippon, just don't. lol

10 years ago

It fits Udo quite a bit, though

10 years ago

That's not the point. xD

Rofling right now about this.

10 years ago

Mwhahaha

10 years ago

Haha, didn't Keitaro do that? Nigh certain he did that in the first campaign haha.

Udo did his share of farting though (I believe) XD

10 years ago

Tan. Share your secret. The world deserves to know!

10 years ago

What secret? XD

10 years ago

I dont know. But obviously something Fireplay reacted too! The world deserves to know!

10 years ago

(It's about Udo's and Miya's love affair)

10 years ago

>.> Lies. 

10 years ago

You don't have to hide it, Fireplay. 

(Though it would be fucking hilarious If Miya acted upon her feelings. :P)

10 years ago

Miya has feelings for Udo? 

10 years ago

Uh, duh.

10 years ago

Oh man, Roka the matchmaker is so arranging this. :D

10 years ago

JH is going to hit on Miya :( Awesome!

10 years ago

MWHAHAHAHAHAH 

10 years ago

No way that could backfire endlessly or anything :D

10 years ago

This plan can not end badly. 

10 years ago

Someone will lose an eye...

10 years ago

And Udo will finnaly have sexy time? XD

10 years ago

I am very lost to what is going on here. 

10 years ago

And well you should be. :P

10 years ago

You'd rather not know but if you suddenly notice Tan or Aman complaining that I'm a team killer you'll know why. ^.^

10 years ago

XD 

10 years ago

Come on Fireplay... XD

10 years ago

You know Miya wants it. :P

10 years ago

Nope. Also I feel the need to remind you of a certain flaw I have. :)

10 years ago

And Roka's lecherous. He hasnt boned Miya yet either. :P

10 years ago

Awh, I don't think Udo cares about her big, ugly scar ;) XD

Sorry for making you feel uncomfortable Fireplay XD

10 years ago

*facepalm* Whatever, just expect a few arrows your way if anything happens. lol

Na, I'm good. I find this quite amusing.

10 years ago

That's obviously just how she shows her love. XD

10 years ago

Wonderful :P

10 years ago

Guys, come on.

Everyone knows Miya has a crush on Yuki.

10 years ago

Well, that WOULD explain why she's 'best friends' with someone who's completely different than her... 

10 years ago

xD Why do I even try anymore.

10 years ago

He

he

he.

10 years ago

Shut it shaman-boy! :p

Just kidding. 

10 years ago

....so, you agreed?

10 years ago

No

10 years ago

Is that a no, "No chance Miya is not asking Udo out" or is that a no, "No chance Miya is letting go of her feelings for Udo"?

10 years ago

Either way, Udo clearly has to be waiting naked in Miya's room on the next trip.

10 years ago

Obviously.

10 years ago

10 years ago

Right... Well I'll be sleeping with a weapon under my pillow far away from the campfire then. Since none of you can see in the dark. ^.^

10 years ago

Not unless I get blindfight with the tournament XP...

10 years ago

Udo can always grope in the dark. :P (Dat double entendre)

10 years ago

Would he even reach my tent without me noticing though? I can see in the dark and I have a higher perception skill.

He also wouldn't survive the next day. :P

10 years ago

Don't worry, Udo has a average stealth. He'll make it. XD

10 years ago

I just realised my character will be able to remember the entire thing perfectly... She would be scarred for life!

You will all die if something happens. xD

10 years ago

"I just realised my character will be able to remember the entire thing perfectly... She would be scarred joyous for life!"

fixed that for you. 

Though, I must suggest buying a clothes pin to pin your nose beforehand.

10 years ago

I thought we were the "mostly" good guys.

10 years ago

Hey, aside from being completely undesirable, Miya's better off with Udo than Roka or Daedalus Jie Hu :P

10 years ago

XD

Just ignoring the whole undesirable part. XD

10 years ago

You don't even care to mention cool out of all the possible options that I would reject?

10 years ago

>.>

<.<

I can't imagine why XD

10 years ago

Just thought I'd mention him. And try to turn the conversion torwards him so I can slip into the background.

10 years ago

Hey, he's the ninja! ;)

Come on Fireplay. It'll make a better story for Tarquin's sake! :D

10 years ago

Nah, I have the 2nd best Larency/Stealth combo. lol I'll be able to sneak to the backdoor and pick the lock before anybody notices. ^.^ Besides Cool of course but he will be occupied at the time.

10 years ago

Just wait till Udo gets his Forest Ward Powers hehe... He'll be sneaking up on Miya with a pet moose in no time!  XD

10 years ago

"Hey Miya, Wana Ride a Moose?"

10 years ago

"It's magical."

10 years ago

XD

10 years ago

"Better to kill and eat it then to gain it's magic." :)

10 years ago

XD

10 years ago

BWHAAHAHA!

I just thought of Miya trying to get some 'alone time' with Rai XD

10 years ago

Miya: "So Rai, tell me about yourself."

Rai: " ... "

Miya: "Fascinating."

10 years ago

xD He's quite the conversationalist I must say.

10 years ago

So, Miya is probably the better one to sneak into Udo's room. 

Yone could probably supply you with anything you needed....

10 years ago

Name your poison!  XD

10 years ago

Birth Control?

God, I feel bad just joking about that :P

10 years ago

XD 

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

If I do end up sneaking into his tent it will be to slice his throat... :D

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

Before or after?

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

How about neither and I just kill him then leave?

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

The least you could do is loot the body (and give him a happy ending)...

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

It's how Miya expresses her love for Udo.

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

Ooh KINKY!

"The safety word is 'Guatamala'..."

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

Miya has been taking lessons from Morgan, obviously. XD

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

There is no safety word, there never was a safety word and there will be no safety word. lol

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

It'll just... Happen one night. After a glorious, sweaty battle... XD

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

Hey, dont practice unsafe BDSM. Morgan has already talked about this.

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

So does this make Miya the 'Re-Bound Chick' after Yuki shot him down so hard?  XD

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

XD

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

Seems legit.

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

Yet another reason to say no. lol

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

You're making his moose cry. You know that don't you? What did that poor magical moose ever do to Miya?

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

Poor Udo :(

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

Miya, if you don't sleep with Udo, King Kong will occur in Mythic Nippon. 

Only you can stop that.

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

I'm fine with that. It let's me get my vengeance so it's all good for me. ^.^

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

:(

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

xD Not the answer you were expecting?

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

I'm saddened on Udo's expense. He'll have to be satisfied with a service woman Roka provides. :P

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

>.>

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

You'll be doing him a favor. He'll owe you!

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

No.

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

:(

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

Bah, you're no fun cheeky

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

Your welcome. indecision<--Miya's face.

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

XD

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

It's funny because that's the indecision smiley...

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

You ruined the joke Mr.Suitman. sad

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

There has never been any joking. 

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

Says you. :D

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

Says god.

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

The god of fashionable hair always speaks the truth during sexual discussions.

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

Exactly

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

I've kinda been more amused than serious about anything here :P (Although... It would be hilarious XD)

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

We need to get a Wu-Jen up in this bitch! (Umm... I mean... not for mind control purposes, of course not. It's totally to help you all out.)

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

As I think I said before, your all insane.

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

Why is it that these men are so perverted?  XD

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

They sought to turn Killa into a Fox-girl fan service but that failed so now they are trying to get the emotionaly ruined/scarred girl. :)

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

This is going to be a fun venture to put in a random foreign girl...

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

Roka's a womanizer. :p

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

Y'know, this is kind of unrelated, but when BerkaZerka said "Hey, Miya, wanna ride a moose?... It's Magical." I imagined Steve Carrell just yelling that... Something is wrong with me...

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

*Crickets*

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

It was tasty.

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

Well, I certainly can't argue with that. Especially when Roka brought out the steak sauce...

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

Yum

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

Oh god, I just realized this. With Forest Ward, Udo has instant access to outdoors grappling via Vines, tree-branches, and roots. 

That just seems horrible, considering Udo's needs. D:

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

He got NEEDS Miya! XP

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

And he will die with those "NEEDS" Udo... :P

You will all die. xD

10 years ago

Wow, Udo would make a good villain if I ever make him go down that route :P

10 years ago

Speaking of Miya's skills, you do know that you have 4 XP left, right?

10 years ago

Yes but I'm thinking of saving it for later since I can't think of anything to use it on.

10 years ago

Take the Foreplay Edge!  ;)

10 years ago

What? Too far?   ... Yeah... *hangs head in shame...

10 years ago

Why did this happen? XD

10 years ago

He's a penguin. It's normal for him to be so strange.

10 years ago

Maybe you'll want uncanny shot, just for headshot abilities?

10 years ago

Sure, why not. BZ would that be fine?

10 years ago

Sure... Just make a post on BHB to remind me.  :)

10 years ago

Done.

10 years ago

Oooooh, I just realized now that this wasn't a very innapropriate play on words. Excuse me.

10 years ago

(I better not...)

XD

10 years ago

lol I wasn't sure what aman was trying to say for a minute there either.

10 years ago

Udo could take a shower before hand...

10 years ago

My threats still stand. lol

10 years ago

You know, you all some thread-jacking bastards LOL!  XD

10 years ago

Are you surprised? XD

10 years ago

Shocked!  ;)

10 years ago

It's all Aman and Tan's faults. Blasted Jews. xD

10 years ago

Thank goodness Tans wasn't around for the Mustache/Penquine wars then haha!

10 years ago

http://shawntionary.com/chainmailbikini/?p=28

10 years ago

I don't need to look at the comic to know which one that is. XD

10 years ago

Wow, that one keeps popping up in reference to Udo's love-trials XD

10 years ago

Stop giving them ideas Drak!

10 years ago

I am just going to assume you all know each other IRL and this has to do with a game you guys are playing. 

10 years ago

Ha ha, no, it's a play by play game BerkaZerka's been running. XD

10 years ago

*play by post

Yeah, can't wait until the intermission ends :D

10 years ago

Tan and Aman know each other but I only know them by CYS.

10 years ago

Really? that seems pretty cool. I probably couldn't jump in in the middle could I?

10 years ago

Extremely select group of players, and you would have to wait for daedalus someone to die. On the bright side, you would be first in line!

10 years ago

Yeah, you'd have to PM BZ with interest, and wait until a char dies (which has happened twice now, so you can almost count on it :P). 

I think Kwism expressed interest. Maybe? But he's not logged on as much anymore, so probably not.

10 years ago

Okay cool, I will certainly express my interest to Berka and hope one of you players dies. That's definitely something I would be into. 

10 years ago

Wow, that hurts. ;P

10 years ago

I am sorry, but there can only be (insert number of allowed players here)!

10 years ago

I'll make sure someone dies if they try anything Atomic. :D

10 years ago

Yeah... WHY ME?! :(

10 years ago

No.

10 years ago

I can only imagine the awkwardness of a scene on those lines :P

10 years ago

'Twould XD

10 years ago

Ooooooh.

10 years ago

THE SECRET! TELL US!!

10 years ago

I... It's uh, it.

Yup, it's it.

10 years ago

My first D&D experience was as a hobbit named Davvet Diggerson. It didn’t go very well, so I’ll just skip that one…

My favorite experience was a survival-exploration type game, labeled by the GM as an “experimental project”, where I played as a big, burly Penguinite Berserker named Doodle. Doodle wasn’t dumb, but he didn’t have enough intelligence to know a language other than his native Penguinite. The GM made an exception, and said I couldn’t speak Merchant’s tongue (or whatever Common is called in D&D) very well. So I had a lot of fun misreading and mishearing everything whilst speaking with a very thick Scottish accent. But that’s beside the point… My greatest D&D experience took place here.

Day 1:

It was a day unlike any other, 4 adventurers had spontaneously happened upon the wilderness. There were two Penguinites, (one of my gradeschool friends and I,) Doodle and a battlemage named Yllero (Ill-ay-row) had met first, for some reason, deciding to speak common, despite their knowledge of the Penguinite language.

Doodle had barely managed to say “Ull-oo thar, ‘Lero!” before a certain bear paladin, (another school friend) named Martin approached. He growled in approval something in Common that Doodle wasn’t listening to.

The next one that came forth was an Elven ninja rogue named Mirotashi, a DMPC. He introduced himself politely.

Doodle, feeling hungry, (due to the whole survival mechanic) began shaking a medium-sized tree for fruit. he found none of this, but his 20 strength had uprooted the damn thing, which alarmed and angered the nymph within. The group, after seeing the damage caused by the nymph’s claws, steered clear, and left Doodle to what would’ve been his death if my friend’s second PC, Hans the Bard, had not spontaneously shown up, (I assume he was hiding in a bush) and played a song that allowed Doodle to dual battle-axe the nymph to death. We ate the nymph for breakfast that day. It was truly the breakfast of champions.

We spent the rest of the day building a kick-ass tree house and protecting it from Ochre Slimes.

I'll just skip ahead a few days, if you don't mind. it's not important to the glorious hunt that followed...

Day 4:

Doodle, Hans and the Bear went out to find food while the other two stayed behind to build a fire and protect the treehouse. (and a good thing too, because they were attacked by an orc hunting party.)  We were given a buff during the search because Hans was playing (and singing IRL...) the Flash Gordon theme song on our way. This caused us to find a herd of deer, which, because none of us had ranged weapons, we had to make rdiculous stealth rolls for, but of course Doodle had to step on a tree branch, and the bard, (because he had the highest dexterity) had to chase one of the bastards down and bonk it to death with his ukelele of steel. Unfortunately, the doe he was hitting turned out to be a buck’s mate, and he was only able to deal 5 damage before being rammed rather badly by the angry husband. This allowed the doe to get up and try to run, but the bear paladin, with all the rage of his god, had leapt up and bit the shit out of her leg, which caused the buck to turn around and attack him, which allowed the bard to bonk the buck for a whopping 6 damage.

Meanwhile, Doodle was shaking a tree for some delicious fruit. finding none, he summoned up all 20 of his strength points and rammed into the tree, causing it to fall down on the buck, killing it, and leaving it with a total of -2 hitpoints. The bard was able to dexterously dodge the tree, and the combined strength of Martin and Doodle allowed them to lift the tree off the bard, but just as the bard was about to heal any wounds the bear sustained whilst mercy-killing the doe with a celebratory song, goblins showed up and started attacking us, so as opposed to celebrating, we massacred an inferior race as Hans belted out  Don’t stop Believin’

“Just a small town girl, livin’ in a LONE-LY WO-ORLD! Took the midnight train to AAA-NEE-WHEEEEERRE!”

Of course, the dead deer attracted wolves, which the berserker jump-kicked in order to keep them from interrupting the bard.

“Strang-ers, WAY-TING! Up an’ down the BULL-LEV-VA-ARD! Their Sha-dows, SEARCH-ING in the ni-iiight.”

two goblins jumped up onto Doodle’s back as he kicked and slashed at the wolves, the bear keeping the majority of them at bay.

“Stree-eet lights, peo-ple….” The bard forgot the rest of the word in the excitement, so he skipped the rest and played the ukelele like a badass. I’m pretty sure there were pyrotechnics and everything as the sky darkened, a spotlight shone on him, tears probably formed in the eyes of the goblins as the most legendary performance of this song took place, and as our heavily immersed Hans almost yelled IRL…

“DO-ON’T STOP, BELEE-EE-VIN’! OOOoooOOOOOOHHH!”

Of course, this was all it took to kill the goblins and wolves, and we were able to head home with our two dead deer. It was a feast for the ages, and a tale that Journey fans will tell their grandchildren for generations to come.

Craziest idea...

10 years ago

Run a seven-man party full of bards and one class of anyone's choosing.  ;)

Bards may not multiclass.

Craziest idea...

10 years ago

Or run a team of super-soldier idiots and one super-smart useless dude?

Or just run a team of completely normal folk who are somehow dragged into all these adventures?

Craziest idea...

10 years ago

Make it a reverse harem.

And all the men have inferiority complexes.

Craziest idea...

10 years ago

Make everyone seemingly androgynous, and then when the shipping fanfics come around, all the authors will have to guess who has what parts, and massive flame wars will take place over who is what, and then ku will be a Webster-recognized pronoun.

Craziest idea...

10 years ago

The Crona wars... --rocks back and forth-