Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Derailing the Video Game Thread

9 years ago

Video Games! They're like, only my favorite sport ever!

#Marmotlogic

9 years ago

Shut up .

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_sports                                    (Wikipedia on eSports , the official name of professional gaming, in games such as Counter Strike, Starcraft 2, Dota 2, and many others )

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/07/14/the-u-s-now-recognizes-esports-players-as-professional-athletes/                        (Forbes about how USA says eSports are legit sports.)

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/how-esports-is-becoming-a-legitimate-sport/0127144                         (read the link)

Also, there's an International eSports Federation. Also, this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BarCraft

These are my arguments, I will repeat them whenever this topic pops up in my view. I do not want to add anything extra. See for yourselves that they are legit. If you STILL refuse to accept eSports (professional gaming) as a legit sports.... well, there's people who argue whether tomatoes are fruits or vegetables and other people who call ham "bacon". It's your opinion and I won't accept it until reality tells otherwise.

End of story.

9 years ago

HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Also, Playa, you're about to see Steve_Greg/Marmotlord blow up so get some popcorn. Also, I miss you!

9 years ago

I already told you that was all I could say, why are igniting the fire? Because you're a fucking liability when it comes to your moderating attributions and responsibilities, that's why. The only thing I'm going to blow up about in here is you and your behavior that is 90% of the time worse than coins'. And you can shove that popcorn up your ass, my above post is all I'm saying about gaming/sports.

9 years ago

Well, that took even less time than I expected, @playa988

9 years ago

Chill out bro.
This is the best way to get him mad

9 years ago

Honestly, I probably shouldn't rile him up like that but between his constant cheating, poor attempts at manipulating me (see: dozens of PMs) and his extraordinarily short temper, I always seem to piss him off, anyway.

9 years ago

I'd love to see these pm's

9 years ago

After I refused to delete a thread that he asked a bunch of mods to delete, he sent me this beauty:

Who called you in the conversation?
Do you enjoy mocking me? Do you enjoy the self-destruction of CYS under your command?
But who called you in the conversation/ When I asked for mods, I left you out especially because I don't want to see your presence . I don't NEED you, I don't WANT you, I won't acknowledge you as a mod until you prove to be a mod and not a troll with mod powers.

Can't you just ignore me? No, your big fat EGO needs to see someone burn, and what better target for trolling than that one guy who did some big dumb crap in the past that nobody seems to want to forget?

oh, you don't like what I say? It must be a lie! #JJJlogic.
my example looks from an unrelated angle like something that looks like a logical fallacy? Then I must be a moron! #JJJlogic
Two people have a discussion and you barge in with an argument that has already been proven wrong? Wow, you must be so great! #JJJlogic.
You like calling Steve's actions fallacies and you don't notice the dumb shit the others say? You must be intelligent! #JJJlogic.

I'm tired of you
I'm tired of your shit, I'm tired of you not doing your fucking job, I'm tired of you not taking measures again spam then complaining about spam.
I'M TIRED OF YOU.
You're an incompetent disgrace to the title of moderator . You're the biggest plague that ever affected CYS. You're useless. You're the vilest troll, engaging in others' arguments for no reason . You're a joke.
I don't know how the others stand you and your behavior . You're a jerk, a jackass, a buffoon with authority.

You do not deserve my or anyone else's respect. I was a fool to consider you competent at the beginning. And I'll be a fool if I will ever do it again .

Your views are not always right. The world doesn't revolve around you.
And for the sake of everything there is, stop lying about me.

I can't remember what it was that he was blatantly lying about but it was pretty obvious and Sindri called him out on it and that's why he wanted the thread deleted in the first place. Also, I'd just like to say that he's not the only dude who has done bad things in the past. Swift used to be a huge spammer and we get along pretty well :)

@Swiftstryker

9 years ago

It was about his mom

And well, any ego-manical mod would have banned him by now so I guess you're clean. Unless you keep him here as part of your evil plan for CYS domination

9 years ago

His mom seemed to be a very minor part of the thread, or at least it received very little focus. That's also not what angered him, the whole "I didn't point out that my words are my opinion" did.

9 years ago

Oh yeah, that. Man that was hilarious 

Hmm... I think I should get my 41 points back now @JJJ since it is my OPINION that we should exterminate the Jews, which ain't as bad as simply saying that the Jews should be exterminated.

I also guess Marmot is still here cause it was his OPINION that JJJ sucks

9 years ago

Drako, just so you know (and I know this isn't the point of your post), if you get Tan to send me that message, like we talked about, I can give you those points back.

9 years ago

Oh he does that in all of his arguments. He realizes he's argued himself into a sinking ship that can't possibly win, so he acts like he's angry about something completely irrelevant and overexagerated. It's pretty common, actually. I did it all the time back in the day :P.

9 years ago

You did it very, very occasionally, from my memory, and you were usually pretty decent about admitting when you were wrong.

9 years ago

It depends on the person I was arguing with. I was bad about holding grudges.

9 years ago

Wouldn't you not posting in the threads to mediate arguments or ignoring the call for mods be a dereliction of your job as a moderator?

9 years ago

Dude, dereliction is such a beautiful word. I need to start using that one, more. But yeah, I agree. This reminds me of that time that JPlague (I think) accused me of running a dictatorship by creating The Council. Think about that, haha.

9 years ago

How the fuck is a Council a dictatorship?

9 years ago

It's simple.

Step 1: Give more power to the community via allowing them to vote what members pretty much help" moderate" the powers of the moderator.

Step 2:

Step 3: Complete and total domination.

9 years ago

Here you go!

@SindriV

9 years ago

I had completely forgotten about that, despite all the comments I made on that thread.

9 years ago

"This reminds me of that time that JPlague (I think) accused me of running a dictatorship by creating The Council. Think about that, haha."

Haha, this made my day. The things people come up with when trying to come up with a reason to hate on someone/something can be so hilariously stupid.

9 years ago

I like when he thought we would ban him for not liking the council XD

9 years ago

The council sounds dope. What happened? 

9 years ago

Common sense and maturity.

9 years ago

So why is it not here?

9 years ago

It's kept in the Federal Reserve of Pre-2010 Members, and rations are maintained by JJJ.

9 years ago

A lot of people on the council went inactive. Plus Idk if anyone else was even nominated for trolling since then.

9 years ago

@JJJ-thebanisher

AHEM STILL HAVE ONE BROKEN PM THAT NO ONE CARES ABOUT XD

9 years ago

I'm quite curious, how did your emotions fluctuate as you read through his p.m? 

9 years ago

No fluctuation. Mirth from beginning to end.

9 years ago

Is this what trolling is? I'm curious. It seems to fit this description quite well. Got it off wikipedia.

troll (/'tro?l/, /'tr?l/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community

9 years ago

One of the many definitions, yes. 

9 years ago

I got my own personal angry PM from him I feel so proud right now. Like, life has meaning.

9 years ago

Congratulations!!!

9 years ago

It's a special feeling isn't it brotha? 

9 years ago

Haven't seen YOU in for-fucking ever.

What're you now, like 18?

9 years ago

28 days away from being charged as an adult :)

9 years ago

Howdy Playa!

9 years ago

And now he's slipped back into the real world, only to emerge a few months from now :'(

9 years ago

I always seem to find my way back at the best possible time lol

9 years ago

Welcome back then? 

9 years ago

I do agree that eSports is a sport :D

9 years ago

Me after skimming through this thread ( it's morning for me now, I didn't even knew this happened)

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/6128877_460s_v1.jpg

9 years ago

To: Steve_Greg
Date: 7/14/2014 4:32:20 AM

Have you ever considered the possibility that you may be mentally impaired?

To: playa988
Date: 7/13/2014 8:03:41 AM

yes, THREE FUCKING YEARS AGO. 
I'm tired of people reminding me of my past mistakes, THEY ARE FUCKING PAST, AND I CAN'T FUCKING CHANGE THE PAST. 
Let's say you suddenly mistakenly call most people on a website "yeasty cunts". so you get kicked out. Two years later, you return, announce you're the guy who did that, only because you want to get in touch with old friends, and suddenly everyone finds you the butt-monkey of the website because of the old mistake. The first few times, you show the middle finger at the screen, but it's the 5th time for me , and my temper is shorter than yours, plus that fucking Jerk keeps claiming lies about me. 
I'm in a similar situation. The only difference is that I was right in the original argument and they still claim I'm wrong, since gaming IS a sport, as you may have noticed if you read the links with which I replied to your troll comment (now first post of the derailed VG thread). 

So It's like you tell the truth, they don't believe you. Then, they keep saying stuff related to it, to annoy you. It seems like defending the truth when JerkJerkJerk is drunk (at least 48 hours a day) is an endless struggle with the only option being failure, regardless of arguments. 

To: Steve_Greg
Date: 7/13/2014 2:46:26 AM

You set yourself up for it

To: playa988
Date: 7/12/2014 2:49:49 PM

Oh, you see something that brings back some memories and immediately feed JJJ, the biggest moderating failure, with fresh material with which he can troll me again? I'd tell you to stop living in the past, but I'm tired of telling this to every idiot who enjoys to mock facts because they don't like them. So I'm telling you to grow up. And stop feeding that buffoon, JJJerk-thebanijerk

9 years ago

Yes, feed him... feed poor JJJ until he gets fat and dies of heart attack from all the cyber-cholesterol from the food you feed him... yes, people, feeding the trolls shouldn't be stopped, it should be enforced so they DIE ALREADY.

9 years ago

It doesn't work that way. Trolls are like vampires, they attain immortality and power from their food, (Unless they're lame-ass Skyrim vampires, in which case blood nullifies their powers) and you can't store fat or much cholesterol at all from blood. That's why anything of human size and make could not possibly live on blood, and why vampire bats have to fly south for winter. Drinking all that "blood" food would simply fill up the troll's bladder, with which the troll would piss on anyone it pleased, until they get really pissed and start popping vessels and hemorrhaging, which would make the trollpire stop pissing, suck out the now easy-access blood to refill his bladder, and then piss again until the victim has no blood left or until his bladder is totally empty.

That's right, vampires don't use sharp teeth, they use hardy urethras.

9 years ago

I'm sure you view yourself as the innocent victim here, but I want you to pay attention to the fact that you literally claimed that someone should die. "it should be enforced so they DIE ALREADY." (see, here I used quotation marks, that makes it a quote unlike the quote you got angry at even though I didn't use quotation marks, making it not a quote at all. See the difference?)

Even from your perspective of JJJ, he never expressed he wanted you dead did he?

9 years ago

Funny how the only people who find him a poor moderator are the ones accused of trolling already.

9 years ago

It's funny if you read it from top to bottom

"Have you ever considered the possibility that you may be mentally impaired?"

"yes, THREE FUCKING YEARS AGO. "

9 years ago

hahahahahahhahahha, I read it that way.

9 years ago

XD 

9 years ago

I want to be fair here, as fun as it can be to point out Steve_Greg's bursts of anger, after the "opinion debate" thread, he actually did send me a message which resulted in a calm and rational debate continuing the debacle from the thread more like adults should, where he actually did acknowledge that maybe the answer wasn't as simple as "him being right and me being wrong" and that this was a result of us being used to different phrasings.

To: Steve_Greg
Date: 6/18/2014 6:12:09 AM

Both examples sound equally like Hitler to me.
Of course each word in a sentence as a meaning, that's why I don't say "my opinion is", because the fact that I am saying it shows it is my opinion, therefore making that part of the sentence meaningless.

To: SindriV
Date: 6/18/2014 4:59:30 AM

eh, for me, the two expressions have different meanings altogether.
"my opinion is that meat is disgusting" = your opinions. Just an opinion.
"meat is disgusting" = I somehow automatically feel evilness emanating from the phrase, the desire of the one who said it to stir things up . Opinion or not , I see it as something said out of hate for meat . It's like you want meat exterminated from Earth.

A slightly bigger example:
"my opinion is that Jews must die" . Not many Jews will like me now. I could probably join a neonazi clan that does nothing else than shave themselves and show their butts to Jews. But nothing too serious.
"Jews must die" . Do I sound like Hitler yet? While an answer to the above would be " Your opinions are fucked up" , the answer to this one would be "CALL THE POLICE, A RACIST ANTISEMITIC BIGOT IS ON THE LOOSE".
I've been taught that each word in a phrase has to have a meaning. One word less will change the meaning. One extra word will also change the meaning. Heck, reading one word with a different accent can change the meaning (I think this only applies to Romanian).

I'm actively jealous on those who just say part of what they want to say and everyone else just knows the rest of the phrase. (especially Cockney people)

To: Steve_Greg
Date: 6/17/2014 4:51:28 PM

If I say to someone "my opinion is that meat is disgusting" it will have the exact same effect as if I say "meat is disgusting". You literally just phrased the second phrase in a friendlier way to make it seem like your point is valid. Without doing so (making the "my opinion is" the ONLY difference", the sentence has the same effect.

Still, instead of pointing at others, you are now at least acknowledging that at least part of the problem might on you instead of everyone else being wrong, which you were kind of doing earlier. Kudos on that.

To: SindriV
Date: 6/17/2014 4:09:42 PM

his answer was disappointing. He practically confirmed he is "moderatrolling" but he's not the topic, so , back to what I was saying.

How am I supposed to make the difference between what you say and what you mean?
Let's say you have a bad opinion on meat. So you say "Meat is disgusting!" Let's consider that I do not know what meat is, as i'm poor and never tasted it (just assuming). Seeing you claiming that meat is disgusting will make me believe too that meat is disgusting even before eating it. Of course i'll have to eat to see for myself but I will already have the pre-defined idea from you that it's disgusting. Congratulations, you unwillingly enforced your views on me!
People who haven't formed an opinion yet are prone to be influenced by others' opinion. I say this from my own experience. And from the experiences of my family and friends. And people on the internet. Too many people on the internet. Especially when you say " meat is disgusting!" instead of "I'd rather not eat meat, I think it's disgusting".

So, once you've stated something, an opinion, I can do what the internet does with opinions. In short, discard them. But, if it doesn't really seem like an opinion, I feel it's contradicting what I say. And since I know what I just said is truth, and because of my own personal nature, I take it as an insult. (I probably should go to a psychologist or something. I know my problem but I'm not qualified to solve it. Now where to find one......)If what you said had the "i think / my opinion is/it's probably/maybe it's/it could be ", then the conflict wouldn't be, because, while opinions can affect others, the impact is minimal. But since it did not contain those words, I feared that others would believe it word by word ( call it paranoia but it happened to me IRL too. And an old Romanian saying says "he who failed precautions once will check for them even when not needed" ), and since it contained a lie about me, which i dislike, I wanted to prevent it. And it went downhill from there.

Maybe it's the fault of my mindset. I myself did once what you did here: said something without warning everyone it's just a harmless opinion (it applies in Romanian too. AND HOW!).... And believe it or not, I have to come every two months to the local police station for declarations because of it. So now I don't understand how come others still do it. I don't know how to feel about it. I put a barrier for myself because I saw it leads to unwanted consequences for me, but it seems that others, in this case, you, are not affected by these consequences, and I don't know what to do. This "it goes without saying" is an expression that I want to remove from my vocabulary , to remove this habit, while others seem to add this habit and have no problems.

9 years ago

Yeah. I still think he's very wrong, but that's pretty civil.

9 years ago

That's actually me when you're not around.

Right now, if I do  a troll thing, it's because of my hate for you, because it's not my usual behavior.

You know, there are only 4 people on the internet which I really hate (you're the second, but the only one whose real name I don't know yet) and I have similar outbursts with them too. Why is it that only 4 people on the whole internet can get on my nerves with their mere presence, with a mention of their username?

9 years ago

Cause you take it as serious business. I'm not a JJJ fan but come on, it ain't as if he bans people for doing shit he does to, now that would be being a dick mod

Though I really can't see why people are calling you a troll now. 

9 years ago

Because you're immature and hold grudges?

9 years ago

Because of that sweet white ass?

9 years ago

That's racist

9 years ago

hahahahahahaha. That was perfect delivery.

9 years ago

Don't pretend it isn't true.

9 years ago

"sweet white ass"

well, it would be a compliment, but due to recent health issues I don't really have an ass anymore (not that I ever had one, i've been skinny all my life), so it's insulting for me, but hey, scientists naming new species after their grandmas are also insulting to me, so I'll just let that pass.

9 years ago

I literally do not care about you at all. I hope you don't continue to fruitlessly waste your energy.

9 years ago

Don't listen to 3J he's just trying to get under your skin! Never let the man hold you down brotha!

*Grabs popcorn and waits for inevitable backlash*

9 years ago

Nah, with our luck he'll just send a tasty PM we won't get to see :'(

9 years ago

Wait wait.... I think I remember this. It all feels really familiar. 

This is the dude I had to explain the difference between an athletic sport and sitting on your ass all day playing a video game to two years ago isn't it?

9 years ago

It is.

9 years ago

I'm surprised he is still around, much less pulling the same crap. -_-

Ah well, I'll just eat some popcorn and watch the show this go around.

9 years ago

explain the difference all you want, professional gamers are officially recognized as athletes ( yes, exact phrasing).

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/07/14/the-u-s-now-recognizes-esports-players-as-professional-athletes/

So shut up.

9 years ago

The word "literally" also doesn't officially mean "literally" anymore, that doesn''t make it any less stupid.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/13/literally-broken-english-language-definition

9 years ago

wha---..........

but I use that word......

9 years ago

And the fact that this is official doesn't change your stance on the word in the slightest, right? I agree, and maybe now you realize why your articles of gaming being officially acknowledged as a sport hasn't changed anyones stance on the matter. No matter how official all this is, I still differentiate between "literally" and "figuratively" and I still don't view gaming as a sport.

9 years ago

This is offically my favorite thread of all time.

9 years ago

You like raising dead thing's don't you playa? :p

9 years ago

I think he was a necromancer in a past life.

9 years ago

Do necromancers believe in past lives?

If they do, and if they are right, does the soul of the person he's made undead go on and reincarnate, I mean, the soul doesn't stick around, right? Otherwise it wouldn't really be undead which wouldn't really make him a necromancer.

If that does happen, what happens if the reincarnated being meets up with his undead past self? Will there be a connection between a soul and a previous body it inhabited? Can it return to it's former body, therefore making the person not so undead anymore?

9 years ago

It's possible that some sort of lifestream is in effect, meaning that the necromancer can just pull a little consciousness and shove it into a body, just enough for it to move and respond to basic orders. Of course, the lifestream wouldn't explain direct reincarnation. New consciousness would, of course, be born from the lifestream, but it would be impossible to trace who was who in a past life, because an old consciousness would be dissolved completely into the lifestream.

9 years ago

Exactly the reason why I'm pro choice right there.

9 years ago

yep, you're drunk.

9 years ago

I wasn't when I posted that, but I sure am now. :)

RISE FROM THE DEAD!

9 years ago

I shall never let this thread die. It's simply too perfect.

RISE FROM THE DEAD!

9 years ago
Keeping something on life support for your own amusement raises serious ethical problems...

RISE FROM THE DEAD!

9 years ago

Ethics? James, this is CYS, you big silly goose!

RISE FROM THE DEAD!

9 years ago

Given that we got guys raping cats or supporting eugenics on this site, I'd say necroing a thread for lulz is the least of the ethical concerns here.

RISE FROM THE DEAD!

9 years ago

That eugenics thing was for sake of discussion. Nobody bothers posting any cool topics on this site anymore. :/

RISE FROM THE DEAD!

9 years ago

I laughed way too hard at that, which led a classmate asking me what I was laughing about... 

RISE FROM THE DEAD!

9 years ago
Hmm, so I assume my sarcasm dots aren't working.

RISE FROM THE DEAD!

9 years ago

Sarcasm dots? I thought those were curiosity dots. Hell, there are so many dot meanings that you're much better off using a sarcasm font, like I always do.

RISE FROM THE DEAD!

9 years ago
Sarcasm font? Hmm...

RISE FROM THE DEAD!

9 years ago

Dude, the fox in your profile picture looks stoned off his ass.

RISE FROM THE DEAD!

9 years ago

What fox? I thought my avatar was a picture of a mirror.

Yeah, I know. I'm planning on changing it soon, though.

RISE FROM THE DEAD!

9 years ago

I think its cute

RISE FROM THE DEAD!

9 years ago

Last post was six months ago, it's dead let it rest and don't start the zombie apocalypse.

RISE FROM THE DEAD!

9 years ago

*laughs quietly in the backroom*

9 years ago

One word, m8:

MLG

9 years ago
Actually, MLG is an initialism representing three words.

9 years ago

Chris just got burned by james.

9 years ago

9 years ago

He didn't even say MajorLeagueGaming LOLOLOL 

9 years ago
You make it sound so improbable and humiliating. XD

9 years ago

Sorry, you're usually to mellow to burn someone.

9 years ago
I know, but the fact that he labels himself the resident grammar Nazi makes an opportunity like that priceless.

9 years ago

YOURE GETTING IT NOW HOLY JESUS

9 years ago

g0 quikscpe urslf m8

9 years ago

*g0 wuikscop urs31f m9

9 years ago

ur mlg iz 2 gr8 4 m3 m16