Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Annoying habits that your family members have?

9 years ago

I have some pretty annoying family members. Like how my stepdad calls the console of the car "The council". Or how my mom picks up a new glass every time she drinks something. How about you guys?

9 years ago
Why do you want to know? Regardless, my mom and stepfather are highly religious and won't let me listen to anything that isn't Christian music when I'm around them. Also, since I avoid Hydrogenated oils, anytime I get peanut butter, I have to get the really expensive stuff. Well, my maternal grandfather has this tendency of grabbing whatever peanut butter is around and a huge ass spoon and just going to town on it.

9 years ago

Lol, I have this image of some old guy cackling madly with a large metal spoon surrounded by all the empty peanut butter jars he's deliberately stolen from you.

9 years ago
That wouldn't be too far from reality.

9 years ago

When my brother drinks the egg nogg I bought then complains about the taste. :P 

9 years ago
That's when you disembowel him with a bread knife.

9 years ago

Already done, my friend... 

9 years ago
The women in my family have a tendency to overreact to any emotional issue. Probably due to periods - but it's fucking annoying.

9 years ago
He said "annoying traits your family members have", not "annoying traits anything with a vagina has".

9 years ago

Before she got spayed, my dog used to bleed all over the mantle-piece. 

9 years ago

Hahaha

But in all seriousness, women jokes aren't funny. Period.

9 years ago

Classy, fellas, real classy. :P I think my age isn't the only reason I'm one of the very few married members of this site.

9 years ago
Good for you. :p

9 years ago

Indeed, it is.

Annoying habits that annoy you?

9 years ago

When people don't cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze.

When people (usually girls) complain about it being cold yet dress like it's summer.

When people smile all the time about nothing.

When people mock an ability they don't have themselves.

When people don't wash their hands after using the restroom.

When a parent or parents bring a very young child (usually an infant) to a movie and refuse to take them out when they cry.

When people get mad if you look at them but they keep looking at you to make sure you're not looking at them.

When groups of people walk slow in front of me.

When I'm wrong about something or don't know something and they react as if it were the first time.

9 years ago
Yep, but...it's their "outfit"!, meh, meh, FUCKING ANNOYING HOW MANY PEOPLE DON'T, yep, ?, Fucking freshmen, ?

9 years ago

Heh... freshmen...

9 years ago

Mine have the annoying habit of thinking that they are smarter than me, just because they have made more mistakes.  It's not my fault that they are idiots and won't listen to me, just my cross to bear.  :P

9 years ago

I remember in the days of the PS1 my brother wouldn't play with me unless I was Player Two. XD

I used to kinda hate my brother because we used to fight over stupid crap like that, but one day in elementary school I realized that he's practically my bully repellant, hah.

9 years ago
That reminds me. I forget which joystick on the Atari 2600 it was that allowed you to cheat. But that's the one I would always grab. hehe.

9 years ago

When playing N64 at parties, more specifically Goldeneye007 with my cousins, the youngest always used Oddjob AND camped as soon as he got a good gun, (We never played a round with the golden gun because, unless you formulated a proper attack plan, he was an almost immortal fucking pain in the ass.) to say nothing of the fact that the only time he moved from his little hole was to hog every health and armor nearby, even if he didn't need it. It got a little bit easier in the Temple map, where you had to use the sniper mode to shoot into the best camping spots anyway, so we always used that map and ganged up on him until he got pissed and ran away. Sometimes we'd just rush to grab Oddjob first so his tactics wouldn't be half as much of a pain in the ass, but he usually ended up getting it anyway because I didn't join in their efforts. I was in a much bigger rush to choose Jaws, because he's fucking awesome.

9 years ago
I have no idea what you're talking about.  Sorry.  By '96 I was onto my second business, and didn't have the money to invest in games.  The only games I played were ones that were given to me by friends for PC, and even then they were DOS.  I looked at a few of them not long ago (and some old Atari games) and I couldn't believe how crude they were compared to today's games.  But they were also more fun.  :P

Man, I feel old.  : (

9 years ago

How old are you, if you don't mind my asking? 

I hate to agree. I love games like TLoU and Alien: Isolation but at the end of the day, I feel like games have a lot more power to fuck with people's heads now. 

9 years ago
I'll give you a hint, I saw Star Wars Episode IV when it was new, and a friend of mine had Pong.
; )

9 years ago
So, did you have to walk to school ten miles up a hill in both directions or did you just ride a stegosaur to get where you needed to be? XD

9 years ago
Nah! I used to run!  I had to hurdle three barbed wire fences each way, and I did it in cowboy boots!  No lie!  I was a stupid kid, but I was athletic.   xD

9 years ago
Yes, it's good to run. The pterodactyls can't catch you as easily if you do. :)

9 years ago
I probably have shoes older than most people on this site. xD

9 years ago
Are they made of mammoth skin and lined with dodo feathers?

9 years ago
Heh heh heh.

9 years ago

Assuming you weren't three when IV  came out, you're at least forty. 

9 years ago
At least? Ha!   : (

9 years ago
My dad saw Star Wars when it came out. He says that's what inspired him to study electronic engineering.

9 years ago
It inspired me to see Empire Strikes Back when I was ... almost let the cat out of the bag.   :P

9 years ago
Meow.

9 years ago

Where's Killa when you need him?

9 years ago
Repetitive movements and sounds. Like the tap of a finger or shake of a foot. Annoys the hell out of me.

9 years ago

Like when somebody has their leg constantly moving up and down when their sitting? That is really annoying to me, at least when I'm next to the person.

9 years ago
I'm sorry, but I do that all the time. I've tried controlling it, to no avail.

9 years ago
Maybe you have fleas. xD

9 years ago
I would get a pill, but I'm deathly afraid of going anywhere near a veterinarian, or as we call them in the canid world, walking death dispensers.

9 years ago

I don't even understand how pills are supposed to treat fleas. Shampoo treats fleas, combs treat fleas, but what the fuck does a pill do? Cure stomach fleas? Put Bug Repellent in your bloodstream?

9 years ago
It makes cats taste like dogs and dogs taste like cats, which confuses the fleas and prompts their departure.

9 years ago
You could try Advantix. xD

9 years ago

Let's see here... Well they insult me on a regular basis then say I'm depressed because who would want to go outside of their room when all they hear are insults? So annoying habits being more like bullies and less like actual family.

9 years ago

Jeez. I thought my family was bad.

9 years ago

Breathing. Some of my family members just really need to stop doing that.

9 years ago

Carbon Monoxide is the solution to these problems!

9 years ago

When I'm watching a show like Arrow or the Walking Dead my brother comes in and watches, then asks about everything that happened the last season that he hasn't watched.