Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Nikola Tesla and Wardenclyffe Tower

9 years ago

Anyone here know of a Serbian-American GENIUS named Nikola Tesla? Well, this certain inventor found the key solutions to alternating current, invented wireless lightbulbs, and other amazing things not to mention radio (no, Marconi's patents on that were given the Tesla after it was proved that Tesla discovered it first) and x-ray (nope, not Roentgent, who found it by accident).

Anyway, he was apparently building this massive thing called the Wardenclyffe Tower in Long Island which could apparently shake the Earth or whatnot and send electricity through the Earth as well as through the ionosphere above us. That would mean that sticking cables into the ground would actually work to charge things (as the electricity would be harmless to humans). However, the investor douchebag named J.P. Morgan, that's right. THE J.P. Morgan, realized that it wouldn't make a single cent because this was free electricity and free communication wirelessly and worldwide. So then, Morgan stopped the financing of the tower, which stopped one of the soon-to-be greatest inventions from being finalized. Poor Tesla. POOR US. We could apparently see anything that was going on in the world (such as the speech of a President or of a priest at church or even lectures of a professor) from some kind of device or whatnot that would connect to the world web. We could see people, like our crush or something, doing... things... Never mind.

Anyway, this stuff will probably not happen in the future due to the fact that humans are even more bloated and greedy than before, and that douchebaggery has been pioneered by us for years after Wardenclyffe. Poor Tesla died alone in a hotel room, with no friends except for pigeons in his dying days, alone and penniless. Is it possible that we can continue the work of this great man? We may have to obtain around fifty or so documents from the FBI and the Department of Alien Property if we want to, or maybe even go to Russia and ask for the results of Tesla's Death Ray experiment that Soviet Russia bought for 15,000 dollars. Is there a possibility that we can do it? 

9 years ago

Sources?

9 years ago

Biographies (too lazy to list them), the Tesla museum, Tesla's actual quotes, and also the actual site where Wardenclyffe used to be.

9 years ago

@Aman and @Zephyrme2847 

Care to debate that?

9 years ago

Why debate it when you can rap battle it?

9 years ago

Ha ha, yeah, tesla also figured out how to talk to birds. (If you can't tell, that was sarcasm. Tesla was insane.)

9 years ago
Insane, but brilliant. If he could have funded his own research, who knows what he would have come up with. Hell, if Edison had been even slightly less of an asshole, Tesla would have had a number of other scientific achievements to his name.

9 years ago

I don't believe he was insane, just ahead of his time. If he were born a few hundred years into the future and was able to take advantages of the future society's technological innovations, he may have able to accomplish some of the things he was only able to do in theory.

9 years ago

He was batshit crazy and write in his journal insane theories that people take seriously since they want to create the story of "evil capitalist vs free thinking hero." Tesla was brilliant, but he didn't create the solution to every problem in the world. Maybe if he was born nowadays, he could have (he was brilliant, no doubt about that), but back then? Fat chance,

9 years ago

If the free thinking hero wanted to send waves of electrical current flowing through the soil where we grow our crops, I'm glad the evil capitalist didn't fund him the money to allow him to do so. 

9 years ago

9 years ago
That article is from the 80s and full of errors.

9 years ago

The point still stands. I've witnessed plants growing taller, more vibrant, etc as a result of being wired to a nine-volt battery. 

9 years ago
I see, so when you're not stomping ladybugs, you're maliciously electrocuting innocent seedlings? XD

9 years ago

You seem to have a lot of sympathy for things that aren't aware of their own existence. XD

9 years ago
I assume you are referring to bugs and plants.

9 years ago

That's probably a safe assumption.

9 years ago
Not so much sympathy as an opportunity to mess with you.

In regards to insects and arachnids, I will avoid killing them if possible, usually because there is no reason.

As far as plants, well, it's not healthy to be doing freakish experiments on your food, in my humble opinion.

9 years ago

Too bad you ninja'd me man haha. Now I can't even attempt to refute what you said. :(

9 years ago

Yep. So insane that he fell in love with a pigeon himself.

9 years ago
Sure that wasn't Mike Tyson?

9 years ago

Why would the electricity be harmless to humans? I apologize for being ignorant on the subject, but wouldn't the ground form a conductor and transfer the electricity into humans any time they accidentally managed to brush their hand against a metal rod?

9 years ago
He was probably just trying to push that experiment through so he could devote more time to combustible lemons.

9 years ago
Ah yes, Nikola Tesla - best known for being not well known

9 years ago

Yes i do