Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Story Game Ratings

9 years ago
Hey, a general question, without going into details about specific stories:

To you, what is the difference between a story rated "1" and a story rated "2?" I'm just wondering how other individuals decide. Do you have a firm list of requirements? Is there one thing you see that makes you say, "Nope, I'm done, this is a one?" Do you base it on what others have rated the story so far?

Story Game Ratings

9 years ago

1 Rating: i veryy likee dis, itz coolz!!!

2 Rating: I very like this. It's cool! 

Story Game Ratings

9 years ago
1 = WC Shit or a Demo
2 = WC Shit or a Demo with more pages or slightly better grammar than a 1

Story Game Ratings

9 years ago

1: you didn't try

2: you tried and it still sucks.

3: it's pretty funny

4: You did a decent job

5: You're writing was good

6: your writing was great

7: probably featured

8: what the hell SindriV

Story Game Ratings

9 years ago
1) You are a troll, you didn't try, you've posted multiple bad games in one 24 hour span, or you keep posting games within the same week without listening to any advice from helpful community members.
2) You made an honest effort and didn't meet any of the criteria for a 1.

Story Game Ratings

9 years ago

To me, for a game to be a 2, the game has to be really, horribly bad, but there's just something about it that makes me feel it doesn't quite deserve to be a 1. Off the top of my head, some of those things might be:

1. Proper use of spelling and grammar.

2. You can tell that the writer at least tried to write something decent.

3. It was at least slightly funny or scary or sad or whatever emotion it was trying to get across.

4. It showed potential for improvement.

Story Game Ratings

9 years ago

I start at four, and subtract points for things like:

• bad grammar and spelling
  • non-logical flow
  • no real plot or goal

Similarly, I add points for originality, depth, exceptionally good writing, etc.

Story Game Ratings

9 years ago

I rate the same as this guy 

Story Game Ratings

9 years ago
1 is reserved for troll stories.

2 is just a really bad story.

Story Game Ratings

9 years ago

1. Troll game / You put absolutely no effort into the game / Your story actually managed to anger me.

2. You only mildly annoyed me / the effort was poor, not absent / I can't actually tell if you're trolling or not.

3. You're trying and I applaud that, but it's still not very good.

4. The story was ... okay. / It was not very well made, but I liked something about it.

5. I liked it and you did a pretty good job. 

6. I really liked it, you did very well, and I can't find more than a couple mistakes. 

7. It's not perfect, but in my eyes, it's getting close.

8. Either I'm blinded by something you did that was really cool or the quality of your work is just that good. (Or, quite possibly, a story is--in my opinion--the best of what it could possibly be.)

Story Game Ratings

9 years ago

1. The story is a troll game or just really, horribly, irridesmably bad. I use this only for games I think need to be deleted and never seen again.

2. The game is bad, it is just bad with horrible issues and is probably very short, but I can tell the author actually tried

I basically think both are terrible but divide them by effort and potential. A 1 shows neither while a two shows both.

Story Game Ratings

9 years ago

How I rate:

1: WC/Troll/Demo

2: A shitty story that isn't a WC Story, a demo, or a troll story.

3: The quality of my old stories (They're bad, but not terrible).

4: Average.

5: You did good.

6: You did great.

7: You're fucking amazing.

8: Ground (Motherfucking) Zero

Story Game Ratings

9 years ago

1: A story where the author clearly doesn't give a crap about what they inflict on their readers.

2: A vaguely coherent mess full of poor spelling/grammar, non-existent plot, broken links etc

3: Some genuine effort let down by poor writing style or ending too quickly.

4: A mostly mistake-free story that was average but unoriginal or uncreative.

5; A well-written story that I wish could have been longer or more developed in places.

6: A well-written story that I enjoyed.

7: A story that did something original with characters, plot or style or was exceptionally well-written.

8: A really amazing effort that is something to aspire to, usually by one of the master-authors on this site.

Story Game Ratings

9 years ago

1 = OMG! SUE BUD MEH HATZ

2 = Just as bad but it means I pity the creator

3 = Meh, same as always

4 = A bit better than most

5 = I would pay for this if it cost $0.99

6 = I would reply: Wow! Just wow.

7 = Must have been made by someone around for a while...

8 = THE ONE THE ONLY