Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Hotel Idea

8 years ago

I have an idea to make a storygame about a hotel. Basically, you play as a teenage boy (name undecided) who works at a hotel as a bellhop for a summer job. His goal is to make it a 5 star hotel, when it's currently a two star. 

He can be friends with other people working at the Hotel as well, and (i might cross this out) maybe he can go out to town and buy stuff with the money her earns? Idk. Is it a good idea or not?

Hotel Idea

8 years ago
Sounds like a good idea to me.

It does, however, sound like it could be quite involved. Is there only one path to success? How will you measure success? Is there a set number of questions/choices that have to be made and then the judges show up to rate the hotel? What if you fail -- does the game end or do you try again "next year" with different questions? How will the questions affect the future gameplay? Will it be harder or easier to get the higher ratings?

Hotel Idea

8 years ago

It ends on the 31st of August. You win depending on if you've raised the rating or not. It'll keep track of the day using the variables.

Hotel Idea

8 years ago

I really like this idea, it sounds very similar to Harvest Moon. It has the potential to be something very interesting if you're ambitious and determined enough.

Hotel Idea

8 years ago

Also sounds similar to MyVacation.  

Hotel Idea

8 years ago
Try reading Innkeeper if you haven't already. You might get a rough feel for how to do something similar.

Hotel Idea

8 years ago

Sounds good!

Hotel Idea

8 years ago
The hotel name should be Hotel California and be based off the song.

Hotel Idea

8 years ago
Yes. Yes it should.

Hotel Idea

8 years ago

This sounds very original. I was quiet surprised to read that you play as the bellhop.

BUT, did you consider whether or not there should be other characters. I don't just mean other workers, but some of the people who stay there could have a story to them and be potential friends/enemies. Mabey that's how the rating rises, by how many friends you made.