Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Favorite / current MMO you frequent?

8 years ago

We're all nerds here. I'm on FFXIV these days. How 'bout y'all? And if not MMOs, what is occupying your video gaming hours?

8 years ago

Agar.io

8 years ago

That seems strangely addicting.

8 years ago

Anything made by Telltale really. Though I'm not sure if I like Minecraft story mode. Even though the decisions are far more impactful to the story than traditional telltale, It gets pretty cheesy at parts.

Oh yeah, and Fallout.

8 years ago
I haven't played video games for more than a month...

Favorite MMO? I'm not certainly sure about that.

8 years ago

I have played Total War: Atilla, Total War: Rome 2 and Europa Universalis recently and I seemingly can't stop to play them. As for MMO's, well, I haven't played MMO's in a LONG while.

8 years ago
"What is occupying [my] video gaming hours?"

Work.

Then more work.

8 years ago
HALO 5!!!!!! WORT WORT WORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Starts bashing head into wall*

8 years ago

Enjoying my game time with the best Final Fantasy game of the past 10 years: Bravely Default XD But seriously, the game is BEYOND addicting and it's an awesome game. 

Other than that? CS:GO, Persona 3 (going for my second and then third play through - 100% both), and a little bit of Skyrim because I lost all my progress and thought why not? Oh, and C&C, with some VNs on the side! 

The last MMO I ever played was Order and Chaos 2 this year, a free MMO on the App Store that I just decided to play because why not? I didn't end up levelling past lvl 2 >_> I do want to get into some kind of MMO but I lack friends to play them with. 

8 years ago

MMO's on the app store just seem weird to me ^ I never got past level 2 either. Glad to see another CS:GO player around though. Not many people around campus play CS:GO (as much as I do).

8 years ago

I would play it more if my laptop wasn't a tactless piece of shite XD I mean it's not all that bad, but I just love playing competitive too much and only have two friends with CS:GO, so yeah, don't go online too often. 

I also play a lot of ARMA 2 if that counts. 

8 years ago

Haha. I forget people have these problems sometimes. I splurged on a completely new system and built it myself. Now I'm broke as hell :)

Arma 2? Meh, too many buttons xD I was so bad at Arma I quit a single player campaign out of frustration. Getting shot from enemies you can't see cause you're impaired stopped being fun after the 23rd death. :P 

8 years ago

So did one of my friends, but hey, he's the one with the better computer than me ;-; 

ARMA is the kind of game you need to have an interest in, watch someone play, learn most of the gameplay before you get it, buy it, learn all the controls and how to use the level creator without a tutorial, and then learn how to play the game properly before you can actually, you know, have fun :P Thankfully, I did that, and it's currently my most played game at 57 hours or so. 

8 years ago

I've never played ARMA or ARMA 2 but I did hear that DayZ spawned from ARMA.

8 years ago

Makes sense. I had a huge interest in Arma and DayZ a couple years ago with friends. We never got too into it though and I stopped obsessing over Dayz eventually. 

57 Hours? That's surprising. My most played game is CS:GO at... 800 Hours.

8 years ago

Yeah, I'm pretty recent to everything PC gaming related, since I only got my laptop around this time last year and created a steam account some time this year :P

8 years ago

8 years ago

Holy shit, I love religious people! XD 

8 years ago

That was a hilarious read. On the other hand, are there really people who believe this? It just seems so abstract that "rational" people would suggest burning video games in front of their children to "save" them from Satan. Then again, I'm not a religious fanatic, nor do I believe I'm a better person (probs going to hell anyway). 

8 years ago

I love how the one reasonable person in the thread got stomped out by the rest.

8 years ago

Lots of CS:GO though I do take short breaks to play small indie games. I tried out Undertale and at the moment, am trying to survive another night in Kingdom. As for MMO's, I used to play Mabinogi 24/7 (Nexon got greedy and I ran out of money). Besides its more obvious flaws, I loved interacting with other players and levelling up non-combat abilities. Grinding isn't as prominent as it is in other MMO's (Tera). 

8 years ago

Eh Im waiting for black desert to come out, for now though i'm play starmade. :P

8 years ago

Telltale Games, like The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us.

Fuck Minecraft.

Also, Skyrim, Fallout, etc...

Love DayZ, takes up a LOT of time.

8 years ago

Gotta say, Destiny is having me pretty hooked, especially the new(ish) update that came out.

8 years ago

was playing Star Wars: The Old Republic (the MMO version of KOTOR, basically) but Fallout 4 has kind of put a stop to that. 

8 years ago

Vainglory is a fun casual MOBA for smartphones. That and CS:GO.

8 years ago

I'm addicted to Football Manager. It's a problem.

8 years ago

Dota2, Infinity Wars trading card game and Naev. I want to try write something about Dota2 character story, especially about Rubick the Grand Magus as my favorite pick. Not really know what to say about Infinity Wars, but Naev is a space faring game with good background story, you can check the Wiki for that. 

8 years ago

Currently the closest thing that I frequent is Destiny on my Xbox 1

For many years I played a really great MMO called Dofus. It was a truely awesome game, prob played it solidly for 7 or so years as it constantly updated and changed etc. finally as always happens things got a bit repetitive and friends all drifted away and I drifted away too.

8 years ago
I've been playing a lot of the Wticher 3 recently. That and Rocket league, Planetside 2, more Witcher 3 and some Blacklight Retribution.

8 years ago

Warframe, the game that makes you farm so you can farm the farm to farm what can be farmed so you can get tools to farm the farm better than just farming for the sake of farming and taking too much farm to farm the farm.  Then you go farm some more.

But honestly, getting to play as post-human space terrorist ninjas with incredible diversity without having to pay a single cent is surprisingly fun.

8 years ago

I left warframe because of the incessant farming/grinding. IT'S TOO MUCH!!!!! crying

8 years ago

That's the point of the game?  O.o

8 years ago

If doing the same shit over and over again is the point, it's a shitty game. 

8 years ago

That's a lot of games, mechanic-wise.

8 years ago

^Every MMO Ever

8 years ago

DCUO and occasionally Neverwinter(it switches, next month it'll be Neverwinter with barely any DCUO). Only because they're the only good free ones I have, though I haven't played either since June or something

8 years ago

Star Wars: The Old Republic was my shit, if we're talking MMO's. Other than that, I've been playing a shit ton of GTA 5 and Heavy Rain, as well as the Kingdom Hearts games. Just beat Beyond: Two Souls, and it was dope as fuck.

8 years ago

Oh, man! SWTOR was a ton of fun! Which class were you?

8 years ago

Imperial Agent was by far my favorite. What class were you?

8 years ago

I played a Sith Warrior and a Jedi Consular. 

8 years ago

Nice, but yeah, the game is dope.

8 years ago

Kingdom Hearts was cheesy and obviously aimed at children, but challenging and strangely enjoyable.

My favorite video games of all time tend to hail from the Metroid series, and I have a special fondness for the Prime subseries and Metroid: Fusion.

Don't get me started on MMOs, though; I really don't care for them.

8 years ago

About KH: The plot got pretty ... interesting, as things moved on. I liked the original at 13 or so, but the fact that the series still has my sincere attention is no mistake. Though I admit that DDD was ridiculous.

8 years ago

Kingdom Hearts may honestly be my favorite game series.

8 years ago

Well I WAS gonna be playing Fallout 4 non-stop, but shit computer is shit. So I have Fallout 3 and New Vegas with a shit ton of mods to hold me over.

On the topic of MMOs... Well, back when I was 8 or 9 I used to play FreeRealms all the fucking time. Eventually, I lost my password and I haven't played the game since (heard it got shut down or something though).

8 years ago

Some of my best memories as a kid were spent playing Fantage and Dizzywood.

8 years ago

Same here, dude. Well, to be honest, I only have Skyrim and FNV.

Here's my current mod load for FNV:

• Project Nevada
  • Honest Hearts Reborn
  • Roleplayer's Alternative Start
  • Courier's Stash Preorder Selector
  • STUN
  • Delay DLC
  • Faction Armor Redone
  • Brotherhood Armor

8 years ago

If I was to list all my mods, we'd be here forever. Here's the big ones, though:

• FOOK
  • Project Nevada
  • FOOK/PN Patch
  • Honest Hearts Reborn
  • Fellout
  • For The Enclave
  • Project Brazil
  • Alternative Start
  • Tutorial Killer
  • Delay DLC
  • Unlimited Companions
  • Improved Companion Sandbox
  • Darnified UI
  • Blood Enhanced
  • More Realistic Aiming

Phew, that was a lot...

8 years ago

Huh, so we have much of the same thing going on, besides For The Enclave. I gave up on that shit a long time ago.

Umm...do you know where to find any of the good power armor in Project Nevada? I know it supposed added a couple, but I can't seem to find them and I am roleplaying a BOS recreant who is thoroughly pissed off at the brotherhood but still prefers to roll in power armor.

8 years ago

At least the voice acting isn't as bad as Beyond Boulder Dome.

Nada m8, I mainly just run around and have fun with console commands before restarting the game again. Haven't really sat down and tried to complete the game with PN installed.

8 years ago

Aww, shit, man, you're missing the fun. I wish someone made a patch of PN for the Fiendish Power Armor.

8 years ago

I'll probably do it after I reinstall NV; a certain overhaul mod *cough* After War Nevada *cough* fucked up the menu.

8 years ago

That sucks hard. Well, I'm installing New Vegas Bounties again. I've played through the whole series three times, and I'm not sure I want to do it again. But, good money and a lot of fun.

8 years ago

New Vegas Bounties was fucking awesome. Someguy is the best in terms of quests. I think that I speak for everyone when I said that, out of all his mods, Bad Mothafucka is the best.

8 years ago

"Offensive? No, 'offensive' is when someone sticks a shotgun up your ass and pulls the trigger."

He seems ridiculously overpowered. Is he really that great?

8 years ago

I loled so fucking hard at that.

He's overpowered times fucking ten, but, if you want a good laugh, then get him.

8 years ago

What about Russell?

8 years ago

Never checked him out; always meant to, though. From what I hear, he's pretty good.