Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

New Game The Lurking Forest

8 years ago

Im making a new game called "The Lurking Forest" I expect it to be out in a day or two.wink

New Game

8 years ago
Welcome to the site.

For future reference, posts of this nature belong in the Writing Workshop (regarding works yet to be completed).

New Game

8 years ago

Ok but this is the first place i thought

New Game

8 years ago

Ever heard of apostrophes and periods?

New Game

8 years ago

Its just a message

New Game

8 years ago

Again, ever heard of apostrophes and periods?

New Game

8 years ago

You know you dont have to annoy me about this

New Game

8 years ago

Use them and I won't. The apostrophe key is directly left of enter. Period is right by the [right] shift and question mark keys.

New Game

8 years ago

Effort, sonny.

New Game

8 years ago

?

New Game

8 years ago

Have you ever read a forum before? Put effort into everything you type, that includes basic punctuation. If not good practice, it at least keeps you from looking like a complete dumbass.

New Game

8 years ago

Since this a site that revolves around wriitng and you are writing something that you want people to read, it is in your best interest to try to use at proper grammar and spelling more often than not. Grammar and spelling form the basics of writing. Lack of usage of proper grammar and the like on the forms can lead to people assuming that your writing in your storygame will be the same.

New Game

8 years ago

Seriously, it is just a simple little message!cheeky

New Game

8 years ago

Lawl.

New Game

8 years ago

Yeah, Lawl.

New Game

8 years ago

lol < I didn't mean that lawl lol.

New Game

8 years ago

Everything is taken seriously on this site. You just get used to it. Back to your story though, don't rush it is my advice. Many new writers on here just throw story games on the sight that looks like there was very little effort on them. Check spelling, make sure details are there, and accept advice, and you will go far!

New Game

8 years ago

Yeah. I am definitely not rushing this one so it will be good. P.S. This is my opinion.

New Game

8 years ago

It's not even a matter of seriousness. If you can't even obey basic English language grammar rules, there's no reason to think you can competently tell a story.

New Game

8 years ago

Point right there, if it wasn't that serious then you would have just relaxed, and let it fly.

New Game

8 years ago

If someone can't be bothered to spend a few extra seconds to add some keystrokes, why should I take them seriously? Why should anyone?

New Game

8 years ago
im think u r beeing mean their isnt a reeson u do thsi accept to bee meen im dont think you're not meen

New Game

8 years ago

Lol, wtf. Oh, I'm sorry, laugh out loud, what the fuck. Which would you prefer, or do you not care.

New Game

8 years ago

It is just a message. Of course i am going to use correct grammar and stuff.

New Game

8 years ago

His story is up now by the way. It...leaves something to be desired, IMO.

The best advice I can give is to not write a story in a day, and to use the forums to get feedback and advice rather than whatever the point of this thread was. I think if you'd just posted your first page here and asked for thoughts there would have been plenty of writers with suggestions.