Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

Well, I've never been a fan of motivation threads, but I was promised some sweet, sexy points for making one, so here it is. I'm doing something for the contest. School's not my specialty, and it clearly isn't anyone else's, and after flicking between a magical school for Dark arts, a school for sci-fi negotiations and Jeggings or Necklaces? The Philosophical Debate, I'm going to go for Super-Villains. I think I can make something interesting enough with that. Anyway... reply and let me get points.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago
Speak for yourself. Jimmy is excellent at school based activities.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

?

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago
So no storygame about jeggings and necklaces then? :( I love dressing up my characters all pretty and sparkly.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

A month isn't long enough to do the leggings and necklace story. That's going to be a thousand page saga.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

Just make the supervillains wear jeggings and necklaces. There I fixed your story for you, it was so simple.

Ugh I mean, back out of the contest, your ideas are terrible. Go work on something else.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

Well, 18 Pages down. Take that, everyone else. At this rate, I think I'll get this done on time.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago
Ahaha. I have one.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

That's pathetic. You'll never finish on time. Give up.

Once you leave, my chances increase and I shall get the glorious prize.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

I have 31 placeholder pages. Head of the pack, bitches.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

I have about 56 now.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

It matters of their quality.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

I know, I'm reworking it and replaying my game every time.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

I did not say it wasn't good quality, I trust your word. Good luck~

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

Thank you.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

Anytime.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

How long are the pages?

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

Well, forty pages down. It's going fairly well so far. I'm starting with minor choices that through variables lead to the type of "villain" you'll become. I've found a name for the school, "Prometheus Academy", and the endings are planned out. So, yeah, suck it, Bucky.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

Cool, keep up the good work.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

C'mon, @Bucky. Beat this scum!!!!

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago
Steve's not scum. He's just sticky. It comes with being friends with mizal. You have no idea how many showers I have to take throughout the day.

Also, @mizal I think I'm going to have to suspend our graveyard trysts for awhile. My severe lack of focus has me stuck in quicksand, so I think I'll operate under some restrictions going forward. Other than my pre-work morning coffee binge, I'll limit myself to the editor, dictionary and thesaurus until I hit the daily word count quota. Steve deserves worthy competition.

And Steve. This.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

The stickiness actually comes from a light resin excreted from my skin.

And fuck. I was hoping you'd give up, not double down. Shit.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

Well, due to life getting in the way, I won't be able to write more than the 40 pages I have for another week, so fuck. Now the time limit could be an issue.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

Fuck life!

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

Well, Seth and I talked about increasing the time for the next one, so if it does prove to be an issue, at least there's that consolation. I do hope you finish this one, though. Looking forward to it.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

Oh, I'll be grand. I'll probably still get it done. Glad you're looking forward to it. Ill try not to disappoint. 

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

OK, 55 pages. I'm back on track. #EATITBUCKY

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

I read that as #EATBUCKY.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

#SteveBucky #Stucky

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

Alright, I hit ninety one pages. Still haven't got a title, but still, not too shabby.

#BUCKYWILLNEVERFINISH

#EATITBUCKY

#BELIEVEINSTEVE

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

Congrats on the progress, keep it up. :)

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

I'm pretty bummed out Bucky won't join in and help me do the writing equivalent of one of those american wrestling promos, where we're like "You're scum, Bucky!" "I hate you, Steve! You're nothing but scum!" "Just wait until the 3rd of July at the CYS Arena! Be there or be square!" I already have all my lines prepared.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago
Yeah, I keep getting distracted by other shit. Like I was going to spend all day writing, but I actually spent all day reading about how html and css work. And lamenting about how I need to start running again, but it's summer and it's hot and I've become dreadfully lazy and averse to the sun.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

What's this bullshit self-flagellation? Come on, Bucky! We should be yelling at each other! That's what rivals are for. Are you dating a girl that I can steal/beat up?

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago
You'd probably be doing me a service.

But I guess learning things can wait. I really do need to crunch out some pages before GoT.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

I might have fallen behind schedule. I'm only at 125, when at this point I planned to be a lot further. I blame Bucky.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

Just slap an end game link on, you've already won. I'm just sorry it's going to be such a hollow victory with no competition. Because of Bucky.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

I might have to, in all honesty. There's a few unnatural endpoints I could use. Still, I fell there's some langer Dan-type prick who has blown this thing out of the water, but they haven't started gloating yet.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

Hmmm... upon actually planning out how much left I have to do, I've realized there's not actually much left. I'm at 151 pages, but I've almost finished one of my main paths, so things are looking bright for me, despite Bucky's numerous attempts at sabotage.

Edit: Now it's 186.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

stop it

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

Don't stop it*

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

216, Lemon! YAY, STEVE!

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

stopppp

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

Alright, two hundred and fifty pages, and I'm finally finished. I need to go through it for bugs and spelling mistakes, but I did it. Yay, Steve!

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago
Congrats

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

Noice.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

:D Awesome. PM me when you publish~ 

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

Hang on, right before or right after?

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

Alright, I'm finished. Here it is:

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/prometheus-academy

Four main paths, six endings, one secret Easter egg of the greatest romance ever. I hope you all enjoy.

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago
Is it with a dog?

Jeggings and Necklaces

7 years ago

Wolf and a silk worm.