Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Forums and Mobile Devices

7 years ago

Can anyone post in the forums with their mobile device? Since I've joined this site, I've gone through about three different phones and none of them have been able to post here (I use Android). Which really sucks because whenever I decide to poke my head into what is going on with the site and the community, I see discussions that I'd like to be a part of.

"Oh man, that looks like it would be really fun to discuss."

"Gee, these people don't know what they're talking about. Trump never said that."

"Oh shit! Quiller is giving away art! I have to participa- Damn it all!"

Et cetera, et cetera.

Is this just an Android problem or do iPhone users experience the same problem?

7 years ago
I use android. This was posted from my phone using the default android browser. Chrome for mobile also works.

7 years ago

1. If you don't have Chrome already on your phone, download it.

2. Then when you're on this website, use Chrome, and the tick the checkbox that says "Request Desktop Site".

3. After you ticked that off, it should work fine, and you should be able to post on the forums.

7 years ago

Let's see.

EDIT: It was just that simple?!

7 years ago
Yup. I don't remember whether I stumbled upon this solution when I was messing about with the chrome setting or saw someone else post the solution, but I had the same exact reaction when I found out

7 years ago

iPhone can.

7 years ago

I have used my IPad2 95% of the time on this site.

7 years ago

Even with an old and crappy Ipod, mobile works fine for me. I don't use it often though, as I don't like typing on mobile devices.

7 years ago

I've never been able to post with my phone. I can tell it I want to reply, type whatever I want, but the 'post message' button does absolutely nothing.

Everything else on the site works fine.

7 years ago

Guessing your phone is an android?

7 years ago

Well I have a Windows phone and I've been able to post from it without any major trouble. Though from what I read, you needed only to instal Chrome on it.

7 years ago

I'm a mobile user. I just use Apple. It works (mostly).

7 years ago

I've been able to with four different android phones and an Asus tablet. I did have to make sure I had the desktop site option checked or else the post message button either doesn't work or isn't there at all.

That has worked with the default browser (chrome for most of the phones and whatever for the Asus).

7 years ago

Oh hey the request desktop thingy worked. Hurrah, I can waste even more time here!! 

BTW can I assume it was the usual suspects being idiots in the plagiarism thread that got it deleted? I saw a bunch of pointless screwing around in there right before I went to bed. This is why we can't have nice things. :(

7 years ago

Sorry.  ._.

7 years ago

Yeah. It devolved into spam and a string of enormous pictures.

7 years ago

I had the same problem. I'm using a Android right now as a matter of fact. Try switching to "request desktop site". It worked for me.