Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Greetings from me

7 years ago

It seems as if everyone must introduce themselves so here I go....Hello, I'm Gawain (feel free to look up name referencelaugh) I recently made an account. Not really sure where to go from here but once again hello.

Greetings from me

7 years ago
Hi and welcome to the site. Take some time to read a few of the Top Storygames, and if you're planning to make your own CYOA, let us know in the Writing Workshop if you have any questions or need feedback. (Advanced editor board for questions about scripting or variables.)

The site just got a new board called the Creative Corner for showing off short stories and artwork and the like or doing writing prompts if you just feel like jumping in with something without any pressure.

Greetings from me

7 years ago

Sounds great, thanks for the information.

Greetings from me

7 years ago

Hello, and welcome to CYS ^_^

Greetings from me

7 years ago

Thanks

Greetings from me

7 years ago

No problem :D 

If you have any questions, you can always ask me! ^_^

Greetings from me

7 years ago

Welcome to CYS. I see that you are a fellow marauder, comrade. Nobody really knows what orders mean or what they are for but just know that you're in the best one. 

Greetings from me

7 years ago

I didn't know I was a marauder, nor how to pick a order but, hooray!

Greetings from me

7 years ago

I think they're just random, we can't pick them. They were just put into effect yesterday and JJJ refuses to tell us what they're for. 

Greetings from me

7 years ago

All out war, most likely laugh

Greetings from me

7 years ago

Wardens are immediately the best cos I am one

Greetings from me

7 years ago

Lol, even though you got roasted in the rap battle?

Greetings from me

7 years ago
Marauders are uneducated swine. Enjoy.

Greetings from me

7 years ago

Welcome to the site! I hope that you're able to enjoy everything that this place has to offer. ^-^

Greetings from me

7 years ago

Honestly, me too 

Greetings from me

7 years ago

Hello there Gawain! I hope you enjoy your stay on this site. If you have any questions, Feel free to PM me or other members on this site. Alternatively, You could ask for help in the forums.

Sadly, Most newbies fade into oblivion by getting banned or leaving this site.

Greetings from me

7 years ago

I doubt that will happen

Greetings from me

7 years ago

Well, Just be a good boy. You don't want to get banned by admins on this site.

Greetings from me

7 years ago

You disgusting n00blet! N00bs fade into oblivion by never returning, if they are banned, they are cast into the Abyss!

Greetings from me

7 years ago

Hello and welcome to CYS!

I recommend reading any of the stories in the featured sections, particularly Will's How Not To Write and The Land of Bad Writing, since they may help you with any future storygames you may write.

Hmm... usually I don't associate with marauder types, but you seem like a good sort.

Greetings from me

7 years ago
Wow! You added a new line of text for your introduction message!

Greetings from me

7 years ago

Savor this moment, Plelb. Something like this only happens once in a lifetime.

Greetings from me

7 years ago

It is?

I agree. I mean all most of your introduction messages are copied and pasted.

Greetings from me

7 years ago

Well, I do that because I'm lazy it's flexible and can be used in any introduction thread and it offers good advice. But let's not get too off-topic.

Greetings from me

7 years ago

I see, Alright then. Sure...

Greetings from me

7 years ago

Welcome to this hellhole website! Enjoy your stay.

Greetings from me

7 years ago
Hi Seto! Welcome Back, long time no see!

Greetings from me

7 years ago

I'm confused

Greetings from me

7 years ago
Obviously, (from your Draw My Attention Post) haha!

Greetings from me

7 years ago

It was a sad attempt for easy points

Greetings from me

7 years ago
And you honestly thought it could work? Like I said, go to COG if you want gender neutral stories so much. Don't spred the cancer here.

Greetings from me

7 years ago

I'm trying to make peace you sage, calm down. 

Greetings from me

7 years ago

Grettings, Gawain. You may be a Marauder, but that doesn't mean you can't join us on the path to true cosmic understanding! With suitable proof of valor and loyalty, you can become an honorary Sage!

Greetings from me

7 years ago
He wanted Ennd to unpublish most of the stories because they are not gender neutral! He will never be a sage, not while I live!

Greetings from me

7 years ago

You are blinded by your prejudice. I mean, not that Gender-Neutral-Protag-Supremacists are a good thing, but they too can overcome their silliness and walk the path of the Sage, though they come from different clans. You must set aside your irkedness. Irkedness is an emotion that interferes with what you see in people. It is an obstacle on the path to true cosmic understanding. Godliness comes from cooperation and the fact that we're naturally smarter than everyone else.

Greetings from me

7 years ago

"You are blinded by your prejudice."

Was this intentional?

If not, it's still funny.

Greetings from me

7 years ago

It was. I thought it'd get lost in the backpedal, but it was worth it. xD

Greetings from me

7 years ago
Agreed, that was a amazing choice of words. You sure are the most sagely among us sages, Sentinel.

Greetings from me

7 years ago

No, no, I'm pissed too, I just like being judgemental and touting my traditional wisdom shit around everywhere. You can't always get rid of obstacles, after all.

Greetings from me

7 years ago

And what do we do to the so-called Sages that forsake the Order?

Greetings from me

7 years ago

Kill them if they cause trouble, I guess. The purpose of the fighting arts is to banish evil and those that destabilize our fragile tranquility. Those that stay with the Sages, however, will know their protection, and also enlightenment and kung-fu classes.

Greetings from me

7 years ago

And what about the Marauder horde?

Greetings from me

7 years ago

Everyone is welcome until they disrupt harmony. Except maybe the architects, because they always disrupt harmony, though that could still be a trick of the emotionally biased body I am bound to. I will see if I can work through these thoughts and get to the bottom of this bias, to overcome the many, many obstacles on the path to...

Cosmic Understanding.

Greetings from me

7 years ago

Heh. I'm a sage. That's all this post ever contained. No epiphany, no nothing. Just a declaration of my order. *Awkward smile*

Greetings from me

7 years ago

What'd you say, Brother? Internalizing negative things is an obstacle on the path to-

Well, it's not good.

Greetings from me

7 years ago

Nothing to do with cringy Harry Potter references. At all. *Walks out slowly, begins running* I'LL NEVER ADMIT!

Greetings from me

7 years ago
Thank you, fellow brother sage. I see now. Everyone is welcome to join our rank, as long as they pass the test of corse. Come one, come all, we give you a chanse to be godly and all knowing. Or die trying!

Greetings from me

7 years ago

And what is that test Sister?

Greetings from me

7 years ago
Well, we have many options. A special test so the newcomers could prove they understand the most world-endingly important unspoken rules of CYS? Or perhaps a exam about all the better storygames, with questions like "What's the eternal's true name?", a duel, or whatever is the best in each situation. After all, if everyone had the same test, they would know what to expect. We can't have that!

Greetings from me

7 years ago

Hello, friend.

Will you be having a peaceful stay?

Greetings from me

7 years ago

Greetings newcomer! I hope you come to enjoy this site, and become a valued member. Stick around, as most n00bs fade into oblivion.

Greetings from me

7 years ago

Welcome to CYStia!