Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Newbie Noob

6 years ago

Hi guys. I'm new. I found the CYOA genre about two months ago and absolutely cannot stop! I joined the site because of the option to create my own. Read through some of the games here and I'm like "wow that's cool writing". Anyway, I'm making my own story right now as a sort of trial to get my "CYOA-creator legs". Oh, I'd love if someone could proof read it when I make a lil progress. Thanks!

Newbie Noob

6 years ago

I will :)

Newbie Noob

6 years ago

Thank you! :)

Newbie Noob

6 years ago

Welcome, and good luck.

Newbie Noob

6 years ago

Thanks a lot.

Newbie Noob

6 years ago

Also, I've been wondering; when creating a story with multiple options, do people find it better to complete an entire branch first (up until some reasonable checkpoint), then come back and write the other options, or is it best to write all the options progressively, layer by layer? Don't know if that's been asked before, sorry, new... lol

Newbie Noob

6 years ago

Well you shouldn't publish a storygame before it's done so it doesn't matter which way you do it, as long as it's packed with hard work and ambition. I'd do them progressively, as it would be less lopsided. Many people finish one big branch and throw in the others with hardly an effort because they put everything into that one and got bored with the rest.

Newbie Noob

6 years ago

Oh ok I see, yes I think boredom would be a factor... ty

Newbie Noob

6 years ago

Just try not to give up. I'll be available if you need some assistance.

Newbie Noob

6 years ago

I will try lol. thnx a lot.

Newbie Noob

6 years ago
Questions like this will get more attention in the Writing Workshop just fyi, but writing one branch at a time is the way Endmaster's always done it, and it's my preferred method now. Makes it much easier to focus and keep things organized when you're essentially writing one complete story with minor offshoots at a time instead of spastically jumping all over the place trying to remember what information the reader has or hasn't already encountered each time.

Newbie Noob

6 years ago

Yes I'm quickly realising that lol. I have to keep track of timelines that shift sooo dramatically between choices. I want the story to have persistent events that happen wether or not the player is involved so yh that is a big deal. Thanks for the info!

Newbie Noob

6 years ago
Welcome to the site, I do hope you continue to have fun here!

Newbie Noob

6 years ago

Thanks, I really am. Thing is, I'm a programming major and I love to write, so this just fits so perfectly!

Newbie Noob

6 years ago

Welcome.

I hope you succeed in your endeavors.

Newbie Noob

6 years ago

Thanks man!

Newbie Noob

6 years ago
hellO

Newbie Noob

6 years ago

HELLo

Newbie Noob

6 years ago

Hey. Read through Dead man walking... was pretty cool :)

Newbie Noob

6 years ago
Thanks for reading~ :)