Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Gacha Community

3 years ago

Has anyone heard of the Gacha community?

I find the Gacha community to be a mixture of cringy and disturbing. 

Some of the content is good. Some of it is lazily edited. 

If you don't know what this weird community is, here's a YT link to a lazily edited example.

https://youtu.be/FMPGoWPhpKs

Gacha Community

3 years ago
Gacha as in the type of game for lonely women?

Gacha Community

3 years ago
I thought gacha games were the mobile ones that were designed to be always shoving their hands down your pants. (Er, for your wallet...)

Gacha Community

3 years ago

I'm sure some of them have people shoving their hands down their pants in a more traditional sense too.

Gacha Community

3 years ago

Typically gacha games refer to the type of game where a big part of it is that there is an element of chance in being able to obtain some sort of item or character. They are almost solely mobile games and people can pay real money to be able to try again without having to earn in-game currency. Most gacha games have to be fair like that in order to have any proper player base.

The gacha game being referred to here is a really cheap-looking game that relies on gacha but it doesn't require any actual time to earn in-game currency. The gacha may as well be free. That being said the game is well known for having a cringey fan base that makes little skits or "animations" like you would see on MovieStarPlanet or something like that.

Gacha Community

3 years ago
I played this pretty pretty dressup princess game called Love Nikki awhile back, I think that qualified. All mobile cancer tries to sell you things though so I wasn't sure where the line was I'm the definitions there. Just the chance/gambling aspects then I guess.

Gacha Community

3 years ago

I have a few friends into Royal Chaos - basically the same game but with Imperial harem drama. At least they don't spend money on it. Some people spend $1000 a month in that game. And not rich people necessarily, just moms maxing their credit cards.

Gacha Community

3 years ago
Actually, let me just go full boomer here and just say that I do not understand the appeal of mobile gaming. Like at all.

Maybe if there were no microtransactions, just a game you could buy and then own and be done with it, but does such a thing even exist?

Normal games be like: 'hey, if you pay money you can play this game. It is a fun game and you will enjoy it'

Mobile games: 'This game is poorly balanced, tedious and unfun, but if you pay us money you can skip all that and just not play at all!"

Gacha Community

3 years ago

I suppose it just provides something to do to pass the time.  That, and there are probably quite a few little kids who just see free games and don't know the difference.  I know I was like that when I was younger.

Gacha Community

3 years ago

Good way if putting it.

The freemium mobile ones use timed rewards at different intervals, from monster drops to stay online rewards to fancy things you can only get via grinding or cash, to mimic the reward centers of your brain firing like a rat on morphine. Who needs to make it fun when you can make it addicting? 

Gacha Community

3 years ago
Mobile games usually designed to be VERY VERY addictive when compared to traditional games. Being free and usually not requiring any major hardware investment is just icing on the cake. I never cared about mobile gaming because all of the games are either multiplayer or ports of old games (gta 3, dragon quest viii) instead of high quality releases but I have seen friends and family that are completely addicted to mobile stuff.

Gacha Community

3 years ago

You've personally attacked me, cricket. Expect to hear from my lawyers in the coming years.

Gacha Community

3 years ago
Sasaki-kun and Yamamoto-san from your gacha games aren't real lawyers.

Gacha Community

3 years ago
Neither are body pillows.

Gacha Community

3 years ago

My human-sized body pillow of a cricket was supposed to be a secret between us wtf mizal.

Gacha Community

3 years ago
Unsurprised.

Gacha Community

3 years ago
Is this Pachinko?

Gacha Community

3 years ago
^Solid Nope.

Gacha Community

3 years ago

I know exactly what you're talking about. Very cringe. Not at all poggers. Anti-gamer, I'm afraid. Unforgivable. 

I'm a sucker for gatcha games but I suppose those aren't quite it....It makes me think about how 12 year olds are on deviantart and learning things they really shouldn't. Yaoi XD! *nosebleeds*