Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Longest story on CYS?

12 hours ago

Which is the longest story on CYS by word count? 

Longest story on CYS?

11 hours ago

Probably Eternal

Longest story on CYS?

11 hours ago

Dead Man Walking by BerkaZerka by a significant amount.  If you go to Search under Storygames, you can sort by Longest and then hover over Length on each story Launch page to see the specific word count.

Longest story on CYS?

11 hours ago
Yeah, this one. Eternal may be in second but Dead Man Walking is like a million words.

Longest story on CYS?

10 hours ago

I tried reading dead man manyyyyy years ago, but I actually stopped because I felt too overwhelmed by the insane number of options available to me. I noticed that I kept backclicking to see where another route would take me, only to discover that it now has a million more options that didn't really seem to crossover very much lol

I dont know why that put me off, it just did. Too many options, scared my pea brain away.

Longest story on CYS?

10 hours ago

Wow, yeah, I didn't know that. Thank you. Hopefully, I'll get a storygame in the top 10 by length one day - that would be pretty cool.

Longest story on CYS?

10 hours ago

You just need to hit 109k words and you will bump Breaker out of the #10 spot.

Longest story on CYS?

9 hours ago
DMW is 1.1M words, which if it was all one path it'd be in the top 10 longest novels ever written in english. Eternal and Rogues with 600k and 500k respectively would make top 25 if all their words were poured into one path.

Of course, that only counts traditional novels as a reference to compare to. As far as large word-count works go, obviously there's a lot of video games and franchises with stories that certainly top 1M words - but the largest works to my knowledge are almost exclusively fanfiction. As far as online fanfiction there's the Loud House Revamped which is a fanfic of some childrens cartoon and it's over 16M words, written by many people obviously. The Super Smash Bros fanfic was written by one guy and it's around 4M words. There's also a LOTR fanfic written by a duo that's around 6M words.

In real life the christ fandom has been around so long and so much fanfiction has been written for it that they lost track of the original work and people just started making up their own originals to control others with. It's hard to tell how many words this could be.

Longest story on CYS?

9 hours ago

Wtf, thats a crazy achievement for berka then.