Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago

Aight guys, seems like we need to get a massive amount of members if we are to have any hopes of alex returning... cuz if we get a ton, we could convice alex to set up some google ads again or something to help him make money... either way, it means that we need more members....im thinking we should go on a ton of forum sites and spam GO TO ChooseYourStory.Com and chill there LOL, anyways, back to reality, i was thinking we could brainstorm some ways of getting more members to the site....

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago
i told a person mana7, on Yahoo answers to go here, that person did, and is on here every once in a while.

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago

thats good, so we can post on yahoo answers (uhhh...) lol

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago

What about something like this for advertising:

Youv'e read them....Youv'e Played Them.....Now write them

Chooseyourstory.com

riley

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago
no, want i am looking for is what marketing can we do for the site. Like can we come together to create an ad for a tech magazine, or an ad for a website (banner ads) like actual stuff we can do to get people in, the creativity and stuff comes later...

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago
Well Choco could probably make an excellent banner.  You just need a site that has alot of traffic. Then you need money to pay them.

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago

I've asked Miccy2000 to create a myspace page for "choose your own adventure books" that will specifically refer to us as the online site for cyoa stories.  I haven't gotten a yes or no from him back - anybody else be interested in doing it if he doesnt?

march

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago
Me, i would love To make a myspace . I have one now.

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago
Don't go spam posting everywhere in other forums though. Talk about it, or mention it, where people are interested in stories and things, but if you just spam post about it everywhere, then this site will get a bad reputation on other forums, and people who do the spamming could have their accoutns of those other forums penalised. Not to mention, they might come here, and start spam posting about their forums in these forums.

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago
naw i was just joking about that lol

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago
I sincerely hope you were joking. I know you were, but still, if you weren't I'd be so ticked off. Maybe make a signature banner that uses the Choose Your Story logo that people can put in their signatures on forums. But remember, don't just go joining forums to advertise. If you're there for a reason, that's great and you can put the banner in there, but don't go out of your way to join forums purely to advertise, as that's not the reputation we want.

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago
A problem I see is that if you type, "Choose your own adventure" into google, this site doesn't even show up on the first page. I'm not exactly sure how I found this site, but I recall that it was a pain in the ass. I hunted about and finally found it. My point is that one way to advertise is to submit it to search engines (assuming you can still do that like in the old days) so that it will come up. Considering this is a focused subject, I would think that would tend to give us a better chance.

On another note, do I need to start copying and pasting my stories b/c the site is going to close down?

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago

wait a minute...close down? why the hell would it close down? I just got here!  Dude, I seriously hope it doesn't.

riley

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago
We could get a wikipedia article... nah, banners are a good idea. Cysid could don a special Magus outfit.... or trading cards... my brain is spouting random ideas. It does that a lot.

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago

Yeah, i think a wikipedia article would be awesome.

riley

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago
I'd rather lose the whole Cysid look, unless we're advertising for MAG. Personally, I don't like him that much but I guess it is the creators' decision.

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago

I use CYS-- originally b/c I read something that the site was converting, but now because the color scheme isn't as harsh. 

I originally found the site through Wikipedia, there used to be a link from CYOA to here- but they took it away.

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago

the site is NOT closing.  Ever.  It costs us NOTHING to keep this website going - Alexp owns his own server, etc.  Chocobot is freaking you guys out only because alexp doesn't have the time to do more programming for it - understandably so.  He has his own company and worsethanfailure.com to worry about.  Alex said he'd come back to do some serious programming for the site if he could find a way to make it worth doing.  Not that money is the only factor, but you have to realize the amount of time the guys put into this site already is unbelievable.  Madglee (and the rest of you), don't you worry - your stories are safe here. 

march

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago
You know how FRICKEN HARSH it would be to C+P fricken 31 stories or however much.  THAT WOULD SUCK MAJORLY!

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago
haha LOL jjj that would be! lol!      i like the ideas that are coming. i remmeber the link from wikipedia, and i think we need to re-add it...

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago

Don't mind me asking, but... why does Alexp have to worry about worsethenfailure.com ?

Whats his deal there?

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago

Its filled to the top with members and alex is making a fortune with it! See those ads all over the place, well its making him a lot of revenue and prolly what keeps this site up as well... also i added CYS to the wiki for cyoas

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago
lol is he the sole owner?

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago
alexp owns and runs that site.  Since it's gotten so big, he does have people that help him with it now.  He also runs a few other web-ventures ( hiddennetwork.com , halogenstudios.com , inedo.com ) so you can imagine how busy he is. 

Advertising for the Site

16 years ago
lol thats awesome