Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
    Hey guys,

There will be the return of AC Idol. For those who have no idea what that is, I will explain it.

You must first join, then pick out a song, and give me the URL for which the song is located aka youtube.com. I will judge how good the song is compared to the other song the other users have gave me. This contest is just for fun. For how many people join there will be more rounds. I will have them listed. Remember you need to have a good song, I will be judging the songs you pick. I will eliminate more and more every week. You must post your songs right on this page when the contest starts when I announce it. It will be on another thread.

Just remember this is all for fun. I going to need a even amount of people. So once i reach a certain amount. If someone wants to join,they will have to wait a month, or two. The new seasons either in a month, or two will be based on requests. so if people like it alot they may ask for it to be every month, if not as much it could be every other month.

Thank you.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
I'm in! We don't have to give links now, right?
Can we submit classical-esque music (or any music with no lyrics)?

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
   It needs to be a song from example- youtube. It can be any song. No it doesn't need lyrics. Just find the song on youtube, and when the contest starts. Hopefully tomorrow you can post the song. i need a even amount of people to join.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
/in, I'll send in my favorite

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
But wait though. I need to at least have 8 people in.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago

I'm in.

riley

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
Good, Okay. Now we've got three. At least 8 people must join.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
i gess i am in

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
At least you won't have to use correct grammar in this contest...

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
4 more people. Wow this is going quick. I guess if more then 8 people join. I can make the limit 10. If more then 10. I'll make it 12.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
Also csf143 told me on a PM to watch out for a prank, he won't tell me what the prank is. I'm wondering what the prank is.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
i sent it to you check your pm and read my profile 

csf123 the noob singing out

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
Yeah, 12 is good. But be ready to have 8-10 contestants.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
I don't go to Youtube. Is that gonna be a problem?

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
If you don't go on youtube. go on another site, and find the song there, and post it here. But you should go on youtube, and find the song, Can you go on youtube just for this?

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
Why don't you use YouTube? Like, why not? Do you have something against YouTube or something? lol

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
I didn't want to be the one who said that. lol

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
So anyone else joining.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
No

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
Mommy told me to stay away from webcam sites...

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago

Hee hee No matter how much I want to hee...

Can't I just post the name of the song and the artist?

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
I'm in

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
Come on, primates. The only way we (yes, WE; iPod and I) can judge it is if we have a link.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
Yeah, your right Anubis. I would to just get the link. Primates just search on youtube the song get the URL. Then get off. It will only take 1 minute, and I don't think your mother will catch you going on youtube searching the song, finding it, copying the URL, and posting it here. It won't take more then 2 minutes. Just do it.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
First you say 1 minute and then you say 2 minutes. Can primates trust that you are certain? lol

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
Yeah true. But Primates it will be easy, and quick. Let's put it at that.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
5 people. We need at least 3 more. Yeah, believe me you will have fun with this.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
Let me just say guys, I'm not only a judge, but I am participating in submitting music. I will obviously NOT judge my own music selection, but I will judge everyone else's. I won't rate your music selections 1's just to help me, either. I will be fair. Plus iPod will keep me clean.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
Yeah. Anubis is rating you guys, but i'm rating him. Believe me I'm not rating him a 5 either. Your all going to be judged based on your music. When this starts. Let's all hope tommorow. It will rock.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
I'm in

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
Great, O.K. now just 2 more people at least.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
No thank you. The contest is judged based on your own music tastes.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
C'mon people. We need your yesses. Also October it will be more then my tastes of songs, but It's all for fun. C'mon October join.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
October, I'm pretty sure you did it last time. Besides, we just like hearing the music.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
Yeah. What Anubis said. It's all for fun.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
hey when can we submint vidios to you

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
i am in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
okay.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
wait, Why you redeye. I know you know me. But I thought you hated me, and the site?

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
So we gonna start now?

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
Yeah. Once Tsmpaul writes here. He accepted. Go Tsmpaul.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago

I'm in. This song's hilarious, if you listen to the lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEzGIuY7kw&mode=related&search

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
Well when I announce the start of all of it. You can then post it.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago

hahahaah, "i know Pi to a thousand places" haha. thats great. one of my professors from UT was actually in the Guinness book of records for knowing the most places to Pi. ill have to find that online here somewhere...

nate

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago

here is an excerpt from a book about Mr. Rajan Mahadevan, my professor. he memorized 31811 decimal places of Pi!!!!!!!:

This book describes the first comprehensive experimental research program on an individual who exhibits exceptional memory. Rajan Mahadevan, the subject of these investigations, won a place in the Guinness Book of Records for reciting pi to 31,811 decimal places, can learn matrices up to size 20 X 20, and can produce memory spans above 60 for digits. Utilizing the methodology and theories of modern cognitive psychology, the authors systematically investigated Rajan's memory skills. A wide range of experiments and tests were conducted with Rajan and four control subjects. These include memory span tests for digits and letters, memory for various kinds of non-numeric information, tests of working memory, learning and retention of numeric matrices, memory and visual searches of the digits of pi, and lexical decision tasks with the digits of pi.

The authors describe how they came to understand the way Rajan stored and now retrieves the decimal digits of pi, how he learns and retrieves matrices, and how he encodes and retrieves digits in a memory span task. Although his strategy for memorizing and retrieving digits is unique in the literature on people with extraordinary memory, the authors show how their investigations of Rajan contribute to our understanding of memory.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
Sorry, I posted my song! I didn't fully read the instructions. I'll post again on the other thread when it's up.

The Return of Ac Idol

16 years ago
It's cool, man. White & Nerdy pwns, so you're safe lol.

On the Science Channel, they had a savant (sa-VANT) whose mind did math on its own without the guy having to think! They tested him asking him how many places he could figure out Pi. Truly awesome!