Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!
--Old Irish toast

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

Damn I love my people

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

I love the Irish as well.

God made beer so the Irish could never take over the world.

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

Whiskey, sir, whiskey. Can't make beer out of potatoes.

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

Well either way the English brought tea over to Ireland. So just wondering, but who has/are Irish in their ancestors?

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

I honestly have no idea how that statement was relevant :P I have Irish ancestry

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

I have a very small percentage of Irish in me. Mostly German, Portuguese and French.

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

This song made me write a rap verse but I deleted it because I'm a perfectionist with my own music.

Back to the topic now, I'm Irish, Italian, British, and a little Mexican.

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago
I'm originally from Nova Scotia, Canada. Which basically means I'm a hodge-podge of Irish, Scottish, Whales, and French. As are pretty much all Nova Scotianers.

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

Well I was adopted so there is no telling what I've got in my genetics. But, my adoptive family has a lot of Irish and Native American with a little German and French thrown in. And last family reunion we got surprised with some long lost relatives from Mexico, so I guess a little of that too. 

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

I'm mostly irish, but like most white people there's so many different ancestries running through me I can't remember every last one.

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

I have a lot of Irish, some Scottish, Scandinavian, German. I probably have a lot more than I have named, but those are the ones I know for sure.

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

English, Irish, Scottish and Polish.

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

50-50 French and English, pretty boring if i may say so.

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

Irish, Italian, Spanish, and Iroquois, my mom was the Irish/Italian mix and my grandfather was Iroquois. My father met and married my mother in Spain but we haven't gotton to tracking his ancestry yet so we stick to spain since that is where he grew up.

I'm pretty sure we all have at least 20 or so ancestors of different origins.

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago
My ancestry is not very great. From my father's side, i know nothing, since he left my mom when i was 3 hours old. But from my mom's side.... 1/4 of her fammily is greek, 1/4 gypsy and 2/4 pure romanian, descendants of some old king of Wallachia, who ruled only 10 days, Serban Voda. Why he ruled 10 days? because in those times, the Wallachian throne was in ottoman posession, and for 200 gold coins, you could be king for a day. apparently, he had money only for ten days.
My fammily name , Grigorescu, also makes everyone think i'm descendant of the biggest romanian painter, Nicolae Grigorescu, but i doubt that. Yes, i'm good at drawing, but i know people who can do better with their eyes closed.

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

I am, like most white people, a mixed race from multiple cultures. On my dad's side he is 3/4 Portaging.

The really interesting story is my mom side of the family. My how many greats grandfather was a French noblemen, a cousin of Marie and Louis XVI, he came to America to help with the revolutionary war and got shot. Left for dead he was found by a Quaker and ended up staying here and marrying the Quaker's daughter.

Some other historical figures I am related to,

Buffalo Bill

Ulysses S Grant

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago
Well, white people in North America. I'm not too sure this really applies to all caucasian countries. White people in Canada and the US came from somewhere else (mainly france, spain, and the british isles) so naturally they're a mix. White people in Europian countries, might just be fully from their own country until at least foreveeeeer back. Though maybe they mix more than I think, I don't know too much about it.

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

I wonder if this applies to Australia, they're an immigrant nation as well. 

@cool I know I'm related to Red Cloud on my mother's side, but if there are any other famous people I'm related to it was forgotten over the years.

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

Not many people know that much about there family. The only reason I know what I know is because my mom use to have a book that was about my families history.

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

My maternal great-grandmother kept one of those. It has some pictures and documents all the marriages, deaths, and children back to the 1800's. It's a really neat thing to have. I have been trying to copy it in typing and also make copies of the photos(The original is starting to fall apart with age and use). It's an amazing thing to have.

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

African 

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

You could be at least a little less vauge. Say something like East, North, South, or west African. Besides didn't we all come from africa?

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

Hmmm... I'm chinese so most probably china?

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

It's been debated, but in the Middle Eastern-African region.

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

My ancestors had many problems with China and France.  Eventually they moved out.  Then, communism.  Then we had a fight with the 1970 superpower nation.  We played good defense, and eventually went to civil war down south.  We won (sadly).

The hippies didn't want any fighting, so that's mainly the reason why the communists won.  

I gave you a shitload of hints, have fun.

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

Quick tip #1: Americans don't know shit about foreign affairs. I could google it, but quick tip#2 is that Americans are lazy

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

Polish on my father's side, mostly English on my mother's side. Ukrainians tell me I have a Slav's face.

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

I am mongrel, but I do know I have a bit of Native American in me and my grandfather was from Iran.

For a bit of history, my family has been in the US since the Revolution and supposedly, one of my ancestors signed the Declaration of Independence. So I can add a little European in there too.

Stone, Thomas 

/ Maryland  / Charles Co., MD / 1743  10/5/1787  Lawyer  EP

http://www.usconstitution.net/declarsigndata.html

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

Wait, is your last name Stone too? Cool coincidence.

What is your ancestry?

11 years ago

Well no, my great great Grandfather was named Stone.