Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Dead Man Walking Released!

11 years ago

Dead Man Walking (Zombie Survival)

I’ve just published my Epic Zombie Survival Game, Dead Man Walking – finally (after one year in the making)!

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/dead-man-walking-(zombie-survival)

Fun Facts About The Game:
 121 Variables
 2131 Pages
 6744 Links
 One Million plus Words Baby!

Special Thanks To (For their invaluable feedback and playtesting efforts!):
 Aman
 AtomicWaste
 Briar_Rose
 MBrock
 playa988
 ugilick

Good Luck!

11 years ago

I'm gonna be playing this over and over for hours! ^_^

11 years ago

So, let's start talking featuring.

11 years ago

ha, an hour into releasing? I think we should of started this yesterday. :)

11 years ago

Already have! Is the thread before this one ^_^

11 years ago

No talk needed.

11 years ago

That was quick! ^_^

11 years ago

I forget where, but I remember last time we de-featured a horror story, Buried was the next one we were thinking of removing.

I guess JJJ just went with that.

We should probably get around to ranking all the feature stories, in order that they'd be removed for the categories, so that we don't need a new thread whenever a candidate for being feature shows up.

11 years ago

Not a huge amount of big games coming out, the one's I can think of are sabley's which is in modern adventure, and yours, which are both not coming very soon. Any other future-feature games we know of?

11 years ago

JJJ was making one too, though he seems to have abandoned the thread, so he may have dropped it.

11 years ago

... Plus who rated this game a 7? ... I shall burn them with fire! :p

11 years ago

Me.

11 years ago

Bad man! ... Out of curiosity, if that's a 7 then what's an 8?

11 years ago

Eternal

11 years ago

Gave that a 7. Ground Zero and Mommy are 8's from me.

11 years ago

Yeah, I loved Ground Zero.

11 years ago

Really? Wow, though I understand why Ground Zero and Mommy got the 8's instead. Unfortunatley, I'm too stupid to figure out how to get all the parts, and continue with the game.

11 years ago

Mommy really is a lot more challenging now than it used to be. I think it's second only to Jurassic Fairview Park in total difficulty level to figure out.

11 years ago

I've been able to find two of the 4, hopefully Ill discover the others.

11 years ago

I really need to read these games :p

11 years ago

I'm honored for the feature =)

I'm also continuing to collect more bugs from folks as they see them in the game; and will make another update after a couple of days to hit them all at once =)

If you spot any that really bug you (like Aman’s page with no Links) please let me know, here or via PM – thanks again!

11 years ago

Let me know if anyone needs any hints finding any of the Cameos.

Some of them can't be missed, while others are hidden really well in the very depths of the game...

(mwuhahahaha!)

11 years ago
Hell, you even got advertised over at Choice of Games.

http://www.choiceofgames.com/forum/discussion/885/zombie-fans-rejoice

I was playing through some of it yesterday then unfortunately the computer crashed. I liked what I saw though and I'm going to try to set some major free time aside to really go through it.

11 years ago

Thanks! And I know you didn't ask for a cameo, but I threw mention of your legend in there at one point during the game as a nod  =)

11 years ago
It's cool. I haven't even found myself yet (or anyone else).

I was still wandering in the subway tunnels when my computer crashed yesterday. Seems like I might've been making some of the "correct" choices though since I hadn't got bit, but it seemed like I might pass out from my head wound soon.

11 years ago

I found Beta's, Simple's (felt bad for not taking her lol), Sol's, and Aman.

I'm curious who the Spaniard was supposed to be (or if it was a shoutout at all).

11 years ago
Hey was that screaming woman in the bathroom a cameo of someone here? Because I just smashed her head in with a crowbar since she was attracting all the zombies to my location.

11 years ago

God damn, you're just brutal lol. I bet you killed the kid too didn't you?

No, she's not one as far as I'm aware. Maybe Berka just figured girls would be chillin in the bathroom and screaming during the end of the world haha.

(And I finally noticed it said Ugilick was the Spaniard lol)

11 years ago

I have 8 years of martial arts training, not counting what I learned from my father, (3 different arts and special forces). I'm also Spanish. so ya. Haha I've found the same Cameos. Good stuff.

11 years ago

I did that too. Strategic decision.

11 years ago

I decided to carry her, if it turned out I couldn't make it I assumed I would get the option of throwing her down. Turned out okay.

11 years ago

Yeah, I tried to rescue her too 'cos I'm nice... Luckily she died anyway, which I was actually pretty relieved about. That's a point actually. Zombie survival games and films always seem to have an annoying girl that just screams and cries hysterically and makes everyone else do the work... Someone should make a really annoying guy that just screams the whole time :p

11 years ago
So I…

Made it out of the subway without getting bit
Killed the screaming girl in the bathroom
Called my wife
Killed a zombie nun and nearly disturbed a bunch of cultists
Killed the kid at the boat club
Killed another zombie with acid saliva and looted a convenience store
Didn't wake up the hell hound
Saw Uglick
Tried to run over simplesabley (LOL)
Set the giant abomination on fire
Saw zombie Bo
Smashed the convict's head in
Killed my wife by accident (Don't know how since I don't remember getting bit)
Traded for a lot of guns
Shot a guy at the school complex
Looted the country club
Saved my daughters and lived.

Final Stats

Killed 26 Zombies
Killed 1 Drooler Zombie
Killed 1 Cannibal Gaunt Zombie
Killed 6 People (Don't remember killing a 6th person on purpose or accidentally)
Saved 3 People (Me and my daughters I guess)

Yep, pretty cool game. I'll certainly be replaying it.

11 years ago

Did you get the drooler's saliva on you?

11 years ago
Yeah, I thought about that afterwards. I guess that's what made me into a carrier.

11 years ago

I liked being a carrier, especially when you go to the police precinct as one.

11 years ago

Yep, the Drooler saliva would do the trick ;)

11 years ago

Killed the kid at the boat club

I just knew you would...

I didn't kill my wife, but for some reason by the time I got to her, she was starved and died. I thought maybe it had something to do with the phone call, but I guess since she was fine for you it was something else.

11 years ago

You probably just took too long to get there.

11 years ago

I guess dumpster diving wasn't a good idea after all.

11 years ago
She starved to death? Takes awhile to die from starvation. I would've thought the convict just killed her if you got there too late.

I think I got to her in two days (I only remember night falling once in the descriptions) and that's including sleeping in the dumpster when I found out the church was full of cultists.

Oh I guess I saw Aman and Betaband as well. I didn't realize the sledgehammer guy with Uglick was Aman and the fish tank thing was betaband.

11 years ago

No, as it turns out she somehow kills the convict like an absolute boss.

It took me almost a week I think. I guess I shouldn't have stopped at the police station, since they keep you there for a while when you go there.

11 years ago

I'm a middle easterner, and I needed some weapon I suppose. Though I laughed at how I got killed.

11 years ago

Where is my zed?  

11 years ago

To see him, you got to drive through (or firebomb and then drive through) the Cannibal Gaunt zombie mob =)

11 years ago

The wife succumbs to dehydration if you take too long, but can be saved with the right gear or by getting there before the water runs out  =)

11 years ago

I saw that edit there. Suffered AND succumbed to dehydration eh?

Right gear meaning I probably should have looted that convenience store. Figures, the one place I DON'T loot, and it kills my wife.

11 years ago

Hehe, you should have posted to lock it in - now I have plausible deniability LOL!

As for the convenient store - Only if you can get IV bags there ;)

11 years ago

Also - I can't figure out who the 6th person EndMaster killed either?

11 years ago

Let me know if anyone manages to loot the Bank, that one is probably the least likely of the whole game ;)

11 years ago

UPDATE NOTICE

I'm going to do an update to fix a number of minor issues Tomorrow 11/16/12 around 11:00 EST. It will delete any Saved Games of it you may have, so my apologies in advance...

Dead Man Bug

11 years ago
I meant to make a note of this before, so since you're going to be fixing stuff here's something you might not have known about.

There is a never ending loop bug when you attempt to search the Virgin Bridge (I think that's the name, probably not) Here's the path and actions I remember doing.

Basically I took the humvee from the boat club then abandoned it when the zombies started swarming and escaped down that wilderness path. Then I got the option to climb up to the bridge to search for supplies. I did so and it said I was leaving my bike behind until I came back for it.

After searching the bridge I left, but I kept getting the one choice bit where it said I was leaving my bike behind and climbing up to the bridge and so I got a continual loop to search the bridge.

Dead Man Bug

11 years ago

Check! It's on the list  :)

11 years ago

Minor bug: When you get the end game link after rescuing your family, it says that they presumed you were dead when they found the 'unknown man in your house' but I knew who the man was because I saved my wife from there (the rapist or the pizza delivery man).

Should say: "They presumed you were dead when they found the body of the looter in your house" or something along those lines.

11 years ago

Good point. The clearer it can be the better, thanks :)

11 years ago

Updating now...

11 years ago

Still on it...

11 years ago

Long update lol.

Finding things you want to change as your fixing it or something?

11 years ago

Yeah, isn't that the way it always is?

I completely tweaked the FUBAR Page (when you eye-poke the hellhound) & have been doing a bunch of small things. The most time consuming thing is tracking down all the pages related to pages with errors and making sure they're good too.

The toughest problem which is now the last one I'm still working on is the infinite loop on the bridge search. I see what I need to do with it, but like I said above, there are probably 20 - 30 pages leading into that damn loop, haha.

I should have the game Updated and back up again tomorrow afternoon.

11 years ago

Done - Phew!!!

Story is back up =)

11 years ago

Hurray! Now I shall finish ^_^

11 years ago

I love the game i just have a quick question. In the game it says that you wake up and see your watch is brken reading 755. you then take someone elses watch and use that instead. However if you go in the red door you get woken up by the alarm on your clock and it reads six o clock and it says it is your usual alarm. how did this happen if the watch was broken.

11 years ago

Hi, your watch was broken at 7:55 am at the time of the subway train crash in the morning of your commute. You pick up another passenger's watch in the pm, which has the alarm set for 6:00 am (unknown to you until it goes off the next morning).

The 6:00 am is just a coincidence on the other guy's watch. Apparently he gets up for work the same time as you in the morning :)

11 years ago

* just to clarify, you exchanged watches, taking his, but not keeping your original.

11 years ago

ok thank you 

11 years ago

K i dont really remember the choices cause i didn't bother to copypaste the page but...

I saved 10 people (wife, daughters, and a bunch of teenagers from the school) 

Killed i think around 38 zombies?

(spoiler?)

I ended up in a forest and built a woode- fort with my family and the teens until the army found me and told me it was over.

(spoiler end)

11 years ago

I have been waiting ages for this to come out but it was worth the wait. But I just found a mistake that when you slam the brakes after going 60 MPH (This is when you save the boy from the boat club and revive the army truck) That the two choices say the same thing "Kick out the smashed windshield and make a run for the rocky embankment"

11 years ago

Oh, thanks - I'll add it to the future update list. I think one is when you have the bike and one is when you don't, so I may have left out or miss-entered the link restrictions on them...

11 years ago

No problem. So far I have seen Uglick, Amen, Simplesabley, Thisisbo,  and me

I will tell you if I see anymore mistakes.

11 years ago

^ I see what happened - the first Link is miss-labeled. It should read "Climb up through the driver's side window onto the topside of the truck" (or the like). I'll fix it on the next update (down the road a few weeks probably).

11 years ago

Right thread...

How You Did

Here’s a rundown of how you did –

You Killed 5 Zombies

You Killed 0 Drooler Zombies

You Killed 0 Bloater Zombies

You Killed 0 Ghouls

You Killed 0 Banshees 

You Killed 1 Hell Hounds 

You Killed 0 Cannibal Gaunt Zombies

You Killed 0 People

You Saved 60 People (including yourself, unless you died)

You were eaten by 0 Zombies

Your Overall Score: 36797

(You played through 111 of 2,131 Pages and have proven to be a Rebuilder)

I may not have been a super-awesome zombie killer, but I sure as hell saved a lot of people. :D

11 years ago

Cool deal =)

I think 61 is the absolute max (if I recall correctly).

11 years ago

I'm pretty sure I saved 64, but I could be wrong.

11 years ago

You probably did... there's so much stuff in there I lost track of ;)

10 years ago

Nice, I saved 59, and it says that it's the best possible ending. I wonder if that means that it's impossible to save more people and get the best possible ending?

10 years ago

Naw, the best possible ending is simply not getting bit and saving your wife and kids. Everyone else you save is extra  :)

11 years ago

So, anyone managed to loot the bank yet?

11 years ago

I haven't done my second play-through yet, but I don't ever recall seeing a bank lol.

Also, what was the point of trading for weapons before you get to the school? I thought, with the options provided, there'd have some sort of role, but I never even got to use them. Even during times when they would have been REALLY useful (like shooting zombies who surrounded a person helping me), they weren't used.

11 years ago

Mostly the trade is for weapons & ammo that match. Where up till that point, you had no ammo or the wrong kind, or at best shotgun ammo with the sawed-off.

There is one place where the type of weapon you have after the trade makes a big difference, but it's in a rather poor choice area, so wouldn't likely be explored much...

The reason you don't use the guns when the student teen gets chomped is that it would attract all the zombies to the country club and defeat your mission to go fortify it before it even started (if that's where you were talking about)...

11 years ago

Even if it ended up being a bad choice (leading to death), I still think it should have been there. Panicking and forgetting your true goal in order to save one person is a choice made often by people.

11 years ago

Good point - I'll make a note to add the option in there when I do another update =)

11 years ago

Sweet :D

10 years ago

15 playthroughs...

still no sign of my speedo zed.

10 years ago

The only way to see him is to drive through the Cannibal Gaunt Zombie rather than going around the long way.

If you are not seeing him then (but I’m almost positive you would in that case) – then you need to get the molotov cocktails from the gas station and throw them at the Cannibal Gaunt Zombie and then drive through him…

10 years ago

He's pretty hard to miss really, as you literally end up beating him off your car with a stick...

10 years ago

Hey Berka, would you be able to tell me where to find my guy? I have not found him at all despite playing the game several times.

:D I just found Bo.

10 years ago

No prob - yours is a really hard one to find actually - and even harder to survive haha!

To find the Mad Man with a Taste For Fire, you need to cross the river from the boat club and go straight across. Go through the Cemetery and then NOT take a vehicle south. You'll need to be either on foot or the mountain bike. Then avoid the zombie horde blocking the road by going down a side street.

Good luck not getting blown up by him if you do find him hehehe....   ^-^

10 years ago

Wait, I'm the Spaniard and I was with Aman!? Holy shit, how did I not notice that?

10 years ago

The spaniard was uglick.

10 years ago

So is my guy in that area at least? How do I find him before/after the explosion?

10 years ago

Wrong area haha.

You can only get to him via the rowboat and going straight across the river - not to the train bridge. If you hit the propane station, you've passed it. You just need to go south from the cemetery on foot (or bike) and then go check out the man when you see him...

10 years ago

That was awesome, I think I'd collect all the propane like him during an apocalypse. lol Took me three more tries before finding him.

10 years ago

What a interesting game, i like how doesnt record all your gear, removing that hassle, but i an stuck on a spot for a long time, i keep dying from no antibotics, where can i find them

10 years ago

Hi, sorry it took me so long to reply - but if you are at your home and dying from the infection, you need to go all the way back to the train tracks and get the antibiotics out of the veterinary clinic.

(go west from the cemetary if you are on that side of the river...

10 years ago

Got a rather longwinded comment on Dead Man Walking, but as the game itself is very longwinded, it fits.

Some of the observations are a little off, but I found it interesting enough to post here – like EndMaster has done with some of his more colorful comments.

So, I’m going to nitpick the nitpicking a little (blue text is the original comment; black text is mine) – but I was also curious about what you thought about some of the points. Agree/Disagree/Apathy…?

Quote >>>

I'm just gonna go ahead and give this a thorough nitpicking.
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS! !SRELIOPS SRELIOPS SRELIOPS
Hell-dogs? Considering your virus' compatibility with rabies in any animal--can't be just dogs, think about that--I'd be hard pressed to find anything still alive in the wilderness or in the city within a few days, given the size, power and durable structure of these rabid zombie-animal variants.

>Not sure the distinction really matters in the context of a zombie apocalypse game where the focus is zombies and the Hellhounds are more or less just window dressing to break up the monotony a little.

But if we want to go deeper down the rabbit hole, then why not? The Virus interacts with dogs that have rabies. Not with rabies. Not with dogs. But dogs that have rabies. Rabid raccoons? Nope. different DNA; different integration. Why? Because Fantasy, that’s why. Simple enough.

I have to complain that the boy seems too reactive when we first see him. I would have expected him to continue cowering in silence, considering the fact that he didn't see the shooters, and would be understandably suspicious of you, not to mention the "don't talk to strangers" rule--that is of course, until you make it clear that you're here to help(I didn't kill him). Also... "Mr. Greg"? Can I just say "just call me Greg"?

>Um, OK, fair enough. That’s possible. Not really sure how a six/seven year old would really react to such a situation, but had to have some sort of interaction, so there it is (my best shot) for what it’s worth.

How many times has Greg yelled at zombies by the time I've heard the stranger do the same? None.

>Not even sure why the stranger dealing with the situation differently than the protagonist might, would be an issue for anyone… ?

This stranger was supposedly going to kill Greg's wife, but when he called her(I called her) days earlier, she was still alive. Why didn't he kill her after sexually assaulting her? What reason did he have to hold onto her? To get to Greg? I'm disappointed that there isn't even a shred of exposition for this.

>When you call your wife, she is not being threatened with death – she is being held captive. Why? Well… If you need someone to explain the base motivations of an escaped convict presented with a shelter AND a woman, simultaneously, in the Zombie Apocalypse… Better just PM EndMaster…

...A kiss. Are you serious. Transmission through a bite, which means direct contact with the bloodstream, can take as long as 3 hours to turn the victim, but a kiss, via saliva which may not even have been swallowed yet--let alone spread the infection to the blood, where every transmission ultimately must go(and definitely would not have achieved in this case)--can turn a victim in seconds? We're talking about a brain-cooking mind controller, not a cold sore. Not to mention the saliva-burns I got from killing that bathroom-zombie by the bridge, wouldn't the fluid seared into living tissue, thus leaving behind traces of the infection that could enter the blood? Even if not, I still have to call BS on this one.

>I’m sorry that you find this particularly over-used contagion cliché hard to suspend your disbelief with.

Transmission through saliva (not bite per say, but the saliva) isn’t new to the genre and I can’t take credit for it. It has been used in dozens of zombie and pandemic movies before (28 Days Later being the inspiration in this particular case).

As for how long for turning from one person to another? Who really cares? It’s a plot device. But if folks want a pseudo-scientific reason, then I’d say that it depends on the overall constitution of the person and the potency of the contagion at the time of exposure. Remember the explanation of it at the end of the game? The original gas contagion was almost instantaneous? So it goes that a Carrier’s Saliva could be at least as effective.

Black jeans. Leather jacket. steel-toed boots. Biker gloves. Wave-cap. This is what an accountant wears during off-hours? Aside from the wave-cap, you'd think he used to cosplay as the Road Warrior. All he needs now are shoulderpads.

>I laughed when I read this at the imagery. Good stuff.

But Biking gloves and a dew rag (under a biking helmet) are what mountain bikers wear and we established that the protagonist was an avid mountain biker.

I can see though how the whole ensemble could evoke the badass biker image – while my intent was more subtle. Plain black leather jacket – not biker jacket. Work boots, not black shin-high Doc Martins.

But anyway, the protagonist was starting to be somewhat badass at that point in the story, so maybe it fits either way …

Old badass black man. Accompanied by younger black man. Speculated to be more inside the looted and otherwise abandoned gun store. These are the only black men in the story that I've encountered. I think. Usually a different color/ethnicity is pointed out when visual presentation is lacking.

>Sorry that I was unable to successfully convey here that the black man and his son where the owners of the (not abandoned) gun store. Not sure why one would automatically assume they were looters protecting their haul though…

Not sure it helps with diversity, but I also have a ‘China Man’ hidden in the story somewhere if it makes you feel better. Incidentally, he too is at risk of being turned by your saliva (you dirty dog you)  ;)

I found shotgun shells early on, then a shotgun, then a double-barrel, and made it as far as said gun store without being presented an opportunity to shoot it before stocking up with ALL the ammo I could possibly want in trade for vintage guns, whilst keeping two revolvers, a shotgun, and a rifle. Was there any point to me discovering that ammo at the first gun store?

>Yeah, ammo does come in handy if you get home before the stranger is killed AND you never called your wife.

"The zombies are chasing a groundhog--for some reason." Yeah, to EAT IT.

>It’s a Cameo – it doesn’t have to make perfect sense – but that works too.

So we've got Fox Park, River Road...what's the name of the school?

>As far as the protagonist is concerned, it’s just ‘the girls’ school’. He probably knows the name of it – like ‘Shenango County Education Complex’ or something like that – but he never really has a reason to say it in-character during the story…

A course mower. I was expecting the zombies to topple over on top of it(with or without mangled feet), crawl up to the seat and dig into Greg the Idiot. But no, he didn't die. Physics was such a blast, huh?

>Not sure what is being critiqued here…

Why would a bus driver have access to a crowbar at work? And if the zombies were trying to get in, why would the windows be broken outward with glass on the outside instead of on the inside?

>In the USA, all school buses are required by law to carry a crowbar, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, reflective road triangles, and a CB Radio.

As for the glass? That’s just splitting hairs. If you break glass, some goes in, some goes out. My bad for not being more precise with the flavor text.

"God no! is it too late?" "Could it be? Did the kids on the bus manage to--" SHUT. UP! This in-my-brain-thinking-my-thoughts-for-me style of second person narration drives me up the wall. Personal gripe.

>Too bad in real life you have zero control of what thoughts enter your mind from time to time. But while you cannot keep some thoughts from spontaneously forming, you can control how you react to those thoughts – whether you dismiss them, chew on them, or act on them.

So ‘you’ had some errant thoughts pop into your head that were not your own – big deal. That shit happens. Just consider them the ‘voices in your head’ if that helps you sleep at night…

This school has athletic fields, a football field, a gymnasium, damned if it don't have EVERYTHING a high school ought to have, but the kids are 7 and 10 years old?? That's gotta be one expensive budget to spend on your run-of-the-mill elementary playground.

>Maybe you missed that it is a School Complex? An elementary school, a middle school, a high school, and an administrative building all on the same campus? It’s a real school complex BTW (yes, with a country club).

And I really don’t see how you could have missed that the survivors in the gymnasium ranged from all the grades – K-12 (not just 7 to 10 year olds).

Scumbag survivor-dad: "Do what I say, or you're gonna die!"

>Hmm context here is concern for children’s safety and ensuring they grasp the severity of the situation. It is not a threat.

Scumbag police officer: "Don't leave the school without your parents, or I'll kill you!"

>Not quite… The cop is telling the teenagers that they cannot leave with the protagonist (who is not their parent BTW). And that he will kill anyone that threatens the well-being of the group. He is establishing that he’s ready to stop anyone before they can do something stupid enough to risk letting the zombies in to eat everyone’s brains.

Did the school survivors not just thank me three minutes ago for telling them about the food they could loot from the country club and a safe way to get there? And as I'm about to leave with my children, are they really gonna flipflop now and say they'll never be able to do it alone?

>Why would they want to do that and risk facing the undead when ‘Rambo The Zombie Slayer’ could do it for them? Of course they would ask for that little favor.

Greg doesn't wait for the girls to get in the car and close the door before firing off gunshots that would most likely pop their ears and his at the same time. I don't even know if he's fired a gun before.

>At that point there wasn’t much choice – and the exact distance between Greg and his family isn’t hashed out. As for firing a gun before – it is revealed in his memories returning that he has fired shotguns before at the very least.

Ending: Seriously? You're going to pin the deaths of Jacob and my wife on me? That's stupid. I didn't kill them.

>That’s just semantics. Did you mean to give them the zombie virus? No, but you did technically kill them…

Either way, it would weigh on the protagonist pretty heavily and he might very well blame himself.

Different ending

Death: Seriously? Did the sheriff just pop one off in my face without consideration for how I'd like to deal with my own imminent death? Worst case, I'd have expected him to leave me behind, but that's just completely cold, and downright questionable from a narrative standpoint.

>Meh, it is what it is – especially in zombie fiction. You see it all the time. Once someone is bit, the survivors initially struggle with having to kill their former friend, but after a while, it just becomes automatic.

Different ending

Is one of the options seriously to bring along some boys for food transfer when we've clearly established--by my daughter's ages and the boys' behavior--that they can't be older than 10?

>As noted above – I have no idea how you missed that all but one of these volunteers where 18 years old, not 10…

Zombie virus details: What is this, Resident Evil?

>Sort of a vague there critique isn’t it? But yeah, there are some ‘interesting’ zombie mutations to encounter in the game…

Sentence: Umbrella Corp. (experimentation wing D: Rabies)
Erh, *cough* I mean, Rating: 4(slightly more fun than homework)

>Your prerogative to rate how you like, so fair enough. Thanks for playing  :)

Dead Man Walking (Zombie Survival)
Hbh128 (Score of 20415)
9/14/2013 3:21:29 AM

<<<End Quote

10 years ago

Well, gotta admit, that guy wrote a ton of stuff. (Also a terrible sense of humor.  SPOILERS! !SRELIOPS)

10 years ago

Yeah, that's really the only reason I replied - the guy did make the effort to post an entire page, so I thought it deserved an acknowledgement.

And maybe the spoilers palindrome is to keep readers from accidently sneaking up on it?

Oh - and thanks for locking out my ninja edit Aman  ;)

*were 18 years old (not where 18 years old)

10 years ago

^_^

10 years ago

Lol at the length of the comment.

Well It adds drama when your wife turns to zombie.

I forgot the path that Jacob would turn to zombie since you are a carrier. 

i really do not know that the shotgun shells really mean something.

Well the Dead Man Walking is really a good game. the story/plot is normal but the technicality of the game is superb.

10 years ago

Interestingly enough the commenter has apparently created a story called the Wandering Dead. 

Perhaps you've inspired a desire within himself to show you how writing a zombie apocalypse story "is done" given his vast criticisms.

10 years ago

I'm game to play anyone's zombie adventure :)

10 years ago

just wow, a very ignorant comment indeed. Sorry BZ lol.

10 years ago

Haha, need to play this game, Got up to Aman and Ugilick's cameo when Hurricane Sandy hit and never got the motivation to finish it... :(

10 years ago

You necro'd this simply to tell us you're lazy? God I love the internet =P Dead Man Walking is the only reason I found this site actually.

10 years ago

yep same here. I googled "Zombie CYOA" and dead man walking was like number 3 in the results or somewhere in that area. Been addicted ever since.

10 years ago

I was on Kongregate (of all places?) and played a zombie graphic CTOA and loved it soooo much, and than I saw a comment suggesting Dead Man Walking if one liked the game and hadn't had enough. I googled it and was so pleasantly surprised by how well done it was that I checked out a few more stories (OMS and Ground Zero), and then fell in love with the site =)

10 years ago

Hell - start over man! You can do it!  ^v^

10 years ago

Soon, want to finish my Heinlein book first... XD

(soon enough, I'll finish it when I have time ^_^)

10 years ago

That was a 'fun' time.... 

10 years ago

I hope I build up enough good word here on the forums to be cameoed.

10 years ago

Dead Man Walking is done - But a Cameo in Dungeon Stompage 2 is still a possibility.

10 years ago

Oooh ^w^

10 years ago

Medieval me would look kinda like this: http://i.imgur.com/KUveR8H.jpg

10 years ago

I kinda doubt that... ;P

10 years ago

Yes it would! Alucard!!!!

10 years ago

Notice___

I'll be unPublishing Dead Man Walking in a Day or Two to get some information out of it and will then bring it back online...

10 years ago

Here’s a rundown of how you did –

You Killed 182 Zombies

You Killed 0 Drooler Zombies

You Killed 0 Bloater Zombies

You Killed 0 Ghouls

You Killed 0 Banshees

You Killed 1 Hell Hounds

You Killed 0 Cannibal Gaunt Zombies

You Killed 5 People

You Saved 55 People (including yourself, unless you died)

You were eaten by 0 Zombies

Your Overall Score: 18405

(You played through 95 of 2,131 Pages and have proven to be a Survivalist)

I saved more then 51 people.

10 years ago

I saved sixty or so and got the second best end.

10 years ago

Taking it down today - Apologies to any who have Saved Games that will get stepped on...

10 years ago

748 Saved Games - Ouch!

Sorry folks.  :(

10 years ago

You evil, evil penguin!!!  

What data are you collecting?

10 years ago

Variable and Page Lists actually :)

- Also - just to record before the take down :

based on 1908 ratings since 11/17/2012
played 49,383 times (finished 1,693)

10 years ago

What are you using the lists for? I'm guessing as reference while making Dungeon Stompage II (or some other story game), but I have no experience with the sorts so my guess is rather rough.

10 years ago

Some of those could be old abandoned saves rather than games currently in progress.

I still need to play through it to find "myself."

10 years ago

I'm hoping so :)

10 years ago

And it's back up.  ^v^

10 years ago

Wot I plan to play it again soon to try and find the banshee, I always jsut end up 'Hearing' it far off but havent seen it yet

10 years ago

To find the Banshee(s) - you need to go North on the rails, and enter Fox Park on foot from the North Parking Garage (being chased by Zs) - Or - Travel South from the Cemetery and turn off from the huge horde blocking the road.

10 years ago

Really good ,

if i want to search for something wrong..... some pages too long ! cheeky

10 years ago
This game is so awsome words can not describe it. I've played it through like 10 times, just haven't gotten the time to poste in this thread.

6 years ago

Hey, I am trying to make a Zombie Survival Game Myself. Is it fine if we can work together on it? Thx ^.^

-GCMStory

6 years ago

Dude, this thread is like three years old. Message someone if you want to collab on a story with them. And please do not necro threads, it sorta makes it unorganized. 

6 years ago

Holy Necromancy!

There's probably still stuff I didn't find in this game.

Guess I'll leave this up awhile, since Berka might want to talk about his game or something.

6 years ago
Half of the fun stuff happens by making poor decisions haha!

6 years ago
Hi, thanks for your interest, but I'm not currently able to work collaboratively on any projects. Good luck with your game though!