Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Inspiration?

2 years ago
Does anyone else suffer from lack of inspiration, confidence, ect. ?

Inspiration?

2 years ago
Nah, you're the only person in the world suffering from that shit. Trust me.

Inspiration?

2 years ago
I know right? There must be something wrong with him.

Inspiration?

2 years ago
Personally, I enjoy it. To each their own I guess.

Inspiration?

2 years ago
Funny, you honk your nose like a clown too right? I wasn't being self-centered.

Inspiration?

2 years ago
And here I thought kids these days liked being told they're special. Smh.

Inspiration?

2 years ago
Some kids do, some don't.

Inspiration?

2 years ago
I suffer from BDE.

Inspiration?

2 years ago

Meh, not really. Problem for a lot of people is that they don't write their ideas down. Then they suddenly want to write something. Low and behold, they don't have any idea what to do. Luckily for me, I remember all my bad ones.  

Inspiration?

2 years ago
Being inspired to write and having ideas might be two different things. Sometimes you get so many ideas bouncing around it's almost paralyzing when it comes to the picking one and actually writing part. You can have tons of things you'd like to write about and still not be able to follow through.

The low confidence thing and most kinds of self declared "perfectionism" are just a form of procrastination. Whether or not a thing is good can only be determined once you've got the ideas down in some form and have given them room to develop.

Inspiration?

2 years ago

Basically, I think you have to take inspiration from everything. It's a dumb cliche, but I've found my writing has gotten a lot better and more fun to write ever since I started focusing on being inspired. I shamelessly rip off details from my own life, every piece of media I consume, other people's irl stories, etc. Anything to make the universe of your world more fleshed out. 

Inspiration?

2 years ago
Joseph, you should write a normal short story and put it in the Creative Corner. It's okay if it's not great literature, I give you permission. The only thing you need to worry about is making it readable and not making it boring.

We can provide prompts if you need one.

Inspiration?

2 years ago

That's actually a really good idea, next time I come around to thinking of something I might do that. Thanks. 

Inspiration?

2 years ago

I highly recommend it. Relatively recently I posted what was supposed to be just a half baked one off story to get me out of a funk. It evolved into a 5 part series that really did alot for my motivation and inspiration. Despite dropping the ball on the ending it worked well. Made me realize as hard as it can be they are just words on a page. A piece of advice from me is to write a stand-alone but read back through and just for shits and Giggles see what you put in that you could work with for future projects. And hell if you write enough short stories you can just collect them in an anthology.

Inspiration?

2 years ago

No.

Inspiration?

2 years ago
Ha, inspiration.

They come to me packaged as an amazing idea, then when I remove the wrapping paper it's a nonstructural piece of s***.

Or maybe I'm just bad a creating a storyline.

Inspiration?

2 years ago

Pretty much my experiences with writing. It comes to me randomly when I'm busy, but even if I make time for it I never have a structure. Generally I don't refer to it as inspiration, more like a comical reminder I suck at what I love to do.