Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Death by Bees

4 years ago

Let’s say someone created a zombie survival game and at the beginning, received a medical bandage that can be used three times. How would they assign the effect of the item to change the Health variable every time it’s used without taking them to a different page?

Death by Bees

4 years ago
I'm not sure if this is possible, because a script to change your health variable or $ITEMUSED doesn't have a way to be run without a new page being loaded. (I could be wrong on this though, I don't really use items.)

Maybe just set it up to send them to a page describing applying the bandages, and then have a link that returns them to wherever they were?

Death by Bees

4 years ago
You could just have it go to the same page.

Death by Bees

4 years ago
Items want a specific page, don't they? I was assuming if he wanted the bandages usable anywhere, he'd have to do the thing where you save $PAGEID and then insert it into $DEST, and that seemed like a bit much for a noob.

Death by Bees

4 years ago

Would that work? Scripting the item to change a variable yet not changing the page, just the value?

Death by Bees

4 years ago
Nah, just put the $DEST := @Pxx in the Item Script like you would anywhere else.

Death by Bees

4 years ago
The way I was interpreting it, if there were like twenty pages, then the item could be used on any three separate pages in there at any time, and that means there wouldn't be any one single destination to send them to after each use. I know I'm basically just filling in the blanks with half this scenario I described, but it seemed like what they were wanting to do.

Death by Bees

4 years ago

Thank you for looking into it. I appreciate the solutions you all have put forth. I found the solution.

Death by Bees

4 years ago
Did it involve bees?

Death by Bees

4 years ago

No, I just chose not to use items in that regard. Bees?

Death by Bees

4 years ago
Thank heavens it's not the bees again!

Death by Bees

4 years ago
Agreed.

Death by Bees

4 years ago
Now THAT is a relief.

Death by Bees

4 years ago

Bees?

Death by Bees

4 years ago
Yes. Bees.

Death by Bees

4 years ago
But how do we know you aren't collaborating with them?

Death by Bees

4 years ago

What are “the bees”?

Death by Bees

4 years ago
Tell me the bees are not back! I am so out of here if there are bees

Death by Bees

4 years ago

*sighs* what are the bees?

Death by Bees

4 years ago
Please don't tell me you don't know about the bees!

Death by Bees

4 years ago
We don't talk about the bees here.

Death by Bees

4 years ago

*plays “what is love”* what are the bees?

The Bees

4 years ago

There's not much we are limited to what we can write.

But there are a few exceptions, and the bees are one of them.

There was an issue a while back involving the bees. Very bad. I'm honestly not sure if I'm allowed to say this much. Please, please don't allow the bees to return.

The Bees

4 years ago

I’m going to commit self-deletus. What are the bees?

The Bees

4 years ago

First you must equip the ring.

The Bees

4 years ago

>Self-Deletus Commited<

The Bees

4 years ago
What a coincidence, I was going to suggest finding the answers you seek at the end of that rope you mentioned.

The Bees

4 years ago

The Bees

4 years ago
For all the words that describe the one we all hide away deep inside our minds, few truly name the existence of the being. It’s the voice we all hear when we are at the end of the rope. I know this voice. It’s the voice that whispers, “Let go.”
He left this note in his profile. How did we miss all the warning signs? It's really sad. Oh well! Who wants pie?

The Bees

4 years ago
MEEEE

The Bees

4 years ago
This sure went south quickly haha!