Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

How to write good

3 years ago

Great words of wisdom, if I do say so myself. ^_^

How to write good

3 years ago
Using longer words also helps.

How to write good

3 years ago

Yes. Big words are good. ^_^

How to write good

3 years ago
This is certainly solid advice.

How to write good

3 years ago
You might also try using lots of ajectjves. Try not to repeat yourself though. A thesaurus is your friend.

For example:

Bad -- "Briar Rose and BZ."

Good -- "That no good dirty low down rotten backstabbing jew hating she witch assassin named Briar Rose was there in the place that had been ageed upon earlier, in addition to the innocent penguin beloved by all (and terribly generous with the XPs), who had no idea that he was about to get the shanking of a lifetime from said frilly scoundrel."

How to write good

3 years ago

I love you too BZ ^_^

How to write good

3 years ago
What is so wrong with short stories?

How to write good

3 years ago

There's nothing wrong with short stories. There is something wrong with: "you wake up and go to work. you're choices are 'die' ,'win, 'and continue" which is how a lot of the 1-length stories go.

How to write good

3 years ago
I pick "die"
10/10

How to write good

3 years ago

"u loose lol - End Game and Leave Comments"

How to write good

3 years ago
When we say "short stories" in this case, we really really mean it. There was a recent wave of school children and most were publishing stories under a thousand words. In a branching format that just doesn't cut it and they all got unpublished for low ratings pretty much immediately.

How to write good

3 years ago

Yeah we get a wave of school children at least twice a year. 95% of those stories get unpublished/deleted almost immediately.

How to write good

3 years ago
I'd say the more recent bunch has been the most promising at least, they seem to understand grammar now when they never used to before.

They just need to learn the secret of spending more than thirty minutes typing.

How to write good

3 years ago
There's a difference between a short story that tells a complete story with branching paths and "you wake up. what do you do?" and you have three options, all of which end the game. E: Damn Wizzy said literally the exact same thing, I really gotta read a few posts up before I post

How to write good

3 years ago
I'm impressed that he asked for help, even if only in his small confused child way. Maybe the is the destined survivor of that latest batch of school kids.

How to write good

3 years ago
But seriously, just tell him to read more books and come back in three years.