Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Irrational fears of retarded children

2 years ago
Everyone knows that when you are listening to music through the radio, it can affect your mood. There is a reason for that. All sounds have vibrations and music has even more vibrations. Music can make us feel good or bad depending on the type of sound and the emotions that accompany it. This means that there are certain effects of listening to music on the radio that we should know about.

First off, let's get clear on what actually happens when you are tuning into the radio. When you are tuning in to a specific station, the radio automatically moves the right channel so that it only features the station that is broadcasting the sound. In other words, the station you choose will be broadcasting the sound from the music that was programmed into the disc. Sometimes it can be complicated to understand, but it is pretty simple once you have experienced it. It is really amazing how music can change the way we think and the emotions that we experience.

One of the main effects of listening to music on the radio is related to stress. Some people do not realize how much stress can build up in our bodies when we are listening to the same song over again. The repeated sound waves in the music can cause our bodies to become tense and overwhelmed with stress. This can lead to an increased heart rate, anxiety, and other physical effects.

Another effect of listening to music on the radio is related to sleep. Many people do not realize how much time they spend drifting off when they are listening to music at night. While this may seem harmless to most, this can actually lead to insomnia and other sleeping disorders. In fact, many researchers believe that the effects of music on the radio can lead to more serious health problems down the line.

One of the most frightening effects of listening to music on the radio is related to hearing voices. This can be incredibly disconcerting for people who do not know the person on the other end of the radio. Although it may be helpful to have some knowledge about the person who is speaking over the radio, it is also important to remember that everyone hear things differently. It can be difficult to differentiate a child speaking above a radio and a full grown adult speaking over the same frequency. Children can even have problems understanding what is being said over the radio when the volume is turned up to high. This is why it is extremely important for parents to monitor the frequency that their children are listening to on the radio.

When you are exposed to music on the radio in an unhealthy way, there are several effects of listening to music on the radio that you need to be aware of. The first effect of listening to music on the radio that you should be aware of is the effect of desensitization. As your mind becomes desensitized to the way that music is played on the radio, it can make it difficult to hear certain tones or frequencies that are associated with specific songs. If you start to get used to the constant stimulation of the radio on your lifestyle, it can effect your memory and cause difficulties with concentration. These are only a few of the effects of listening to music on the radio, but if you are someone who enjoys listening to music as much as possible, it is important to consider ways to counteract the effects of music on the radio.

2 years ago
I was just going to delete this but it's a good and polite bot that didn't leave a link, and now I have to know: has anyone here ever become frightened because the voices coming out of a radio aren't people you know personally?

2 years ago
I was told that as a child I was terrified of radios and anything that makes human-like sounds.

I've grown out of it, I think.

2 years ago
No, but I did have a weird fear of gloves when I was a kid. Specifically when they weren't being worn by anybody.

2 years ago
I also had a weird fear of gloves when I was a kid. Specifically when they sounded like people talking on the radio.

2 years ago
Were you also convinced the gloves would try to kill you if you were left alone with them?

2 years ago
Did you get nightmares from Hamburger Helper commercials?

2 years ago
Surprisingly, no. The fear was mostly directed at leather work gloves while they weren't being worn. I still can't figure out where it came from, but I'm glad I grew out of it. Edit: The gloves had to be physically present too.

2 years ago
Ghost-controlled gloves weren't a problem and radios weren't a problem, but I suppose if you combined the two and had a glove creeping around making radio noises I'd be pretty upset even now.

I only had the most basic bitch fears of dolls and things. Mostly because at the time I thought the Child's Play movies were terrifying and not pure camp.

Whenever I stayed at my grandma's it was a difficult time because the guest room was on the second floor, and there was this raggedy anne type doll sitting in a tiny rocking chair in a corner down below with a view of the stairs. So I was pretty much stuck up there all night and into the morning until other people started to wake up, no fucking way I was going down to the bottom floor with that thing smiling up at me the whole way waiting to pounce. It was really warm and stuffy on the second floor too and a lot of times I'd wake up in the middle of night and wish I could sleep on the couch downstairs. But that was impossible, even if I could get down the stairs without it suddenly moving, I'd have to turn my back on it to go into the living room.

2 years ago
A glove like that could be amusing to have around though. Especially if it played "Hello My Baby" and danced. I've never watched the Child's Play movies, but they probably would've been more kid-friendly than the Final Destination movies. Dolls are creepy though. My mother had a porcelain jester doll that she kept in the same room where the computer was. I was sure the thing turned its head to stare at me one time, so she got rid of it when I insisted that it actually happened and wouldn't let it go. She could've just hid it from me since she liked it.

2 years ago

I agree that dolls are creepy, especially those human-ish ones that only need to move to be alive. Also, doesn't the Mona Lisa painting have eyes that follow you too? There are more eyes in the world than you know.

Reminds me of a creepy doll story I read where someone moves into an apartment alone. Then they find a doll sitting on the windowsill. As years go by, they like the doll more (cause it looked pretty). Even though the doll seemed a bit weird. If it was put somewhere other than the windowsill, or moved to face a direction different than that of the window; it would be back to its original place and position by morning (no matter what time the person woke up at) even though no one else was there to move the doll. The person blamed their poor memory though and dismissed this. When the person wanted to move out to a different apartment for their job, they decided to bring the doll along since it had no owner previously and they liked it. When the person was unpacking at their new place, the box that had the doll was violently shaking, but it stopped when it was opened. Then at night, they heard screeching sounds and woke up to see the doll in a mad furry. The doll then broke the window and flew away on strong winds. By morning the doll was in the old apartment's windowsill, facing outside from the very same room. Whenever the person ended up passing through the street, they would feel malicious stares at their back. The story was something like this. It brings me shivers sometimes.

By the way, I also met a witness in the past that says the Mona Lisa's eyes (painted) indeed follow you around as though they're alive.

2 years ago
Those damned furries; they need to keep up with their rabies shots if they're going to go out in public! Eyes are awful. I once watched a biopic that had a monster sitting at a dining table. It didn't have any eye sockets and there were two eyes (two!) sitting on a plate in front of it. Really, I was terrified enough as it was, but the kid ate something and the monster put the eyes in its hands. The monster made me think of dolls and everyone in it was speaking in tongues. It really scared me. There's also a plant that's called doll's eyes, the entire plant is poisonous. Just more proof that dolls and eyes are bad.

2 years ago

That's a frightening monster!! 

Woah! I searched and found that doll's eyes is the poisonous white baneberry, something I never knew! Yeah evidence is piling up, let me add to this dark evidence of eyes and dolls. The fake Wistful Painting apparently closes its eyes during the night. Better not have that in your house. Creepy.

2 years ago
Wow! I'm glad that painting isn't anywhere around me. Just the thoughts of the painting opening its eyes spooks me. Paranoia is often associated with eyes and the act of staring. Spiders have eight eyes, so it might be a good idea to avoid them if you don't want to catch paranoia. One time I got stuck in a room with a spider; it stared at me with its beady orbs. I didn't have anything to defend myself with so I was forced to stare back. Thankfully, I survived and my doctor told me I didn't catch paranoia from it.

2 years ago

I'm not a fan of spiders either. Imagining one of those big and furry spiders with 8 big eyes just staring at you. I'm sure if anyone stayed for more than one day staring at a spider in a barren room, they'ed go crazy. It wouldn't just be paranoia. They'd probably see 8 reflections of their own face, just tinted in the color of the spiders eyes. Did you know that there are 50 000 spider species (or more) in the world? And 25 of those are poisonous. I would not want to be in a situation where I have to be staring at an 8 eyed spider, especially if it's poisonous.

2 years ago
It's much more dangerous to stare at spiders too long in Chernobyl. Did you know an accident involving their nuclear reactor irradiated all of the spiders in the area. I had a friend that went there with his friend and they encountered one such spider. His friend turned into a spider man, it ate my friend. He managed to get the letter in the mail before it finished eating him. I tried to show the letter to the police, but they said the blood on it was probably just ketchup. I read an article about a species of spider that lives in Peru. They build massive, communal webs and up to 50,000 spiders live in those webs. I hope other species don't get any ideas, if they do, we're all doomed. I just remembered spiders have fangs. Do you know what else has fangs? Most animals and vampires. I'm afraid this conspiracy goes deeper than either of us could have imagined.

2 years ago

I did not know about that accident. My condolences for your friend. At least you know what happened to him (better than not knowing). Police who don't fully investigate a case/evidence brought to them are bad police who don't deserve their job. 

We're definitely doomed if other spider species do the same as those in Peru. Good thing spiders aren't as intelligent as humans (I think). Yeah, certainly many spiders have fangs. Now that you mention it, vampires do have fangs like spiders.Perhaps vampires have species too. There must be spider vampires, bat vampires, and maybe even snake vampires!! I would imagine there are vampires hidden in our society surviving on blood other than that of human blood. I wonder what they would eat to survive? Maybe those vampires don't live in human society, but in the wild camouflaged with spider/bat/snake species.

Without doubt, this is a deep, and dark conspiracy.

2 years ago
Thank you for your condolences. Everyone else seems to think I'm being paranoid and that my friend has only faked his death. Jumping spiders have a brain the size of a poppy seed, but scientists believe they are the most intelligent species of spider. I have heard they will chase a laser pointer in the same manner that cats do. I don't know about you, but I'm glad that these spiders aren't cat sized. Vampires do indeed have species! Psychic vampires, as they are called, feed off of energy. Typically they will feed off of human energy, but some have adapted to modern times and live near power plants. This is why we experience these things called 'power outages' on occasion. Politicians are another species of vampire, but instead of blood or energy, they feed on money. These vampires typically don't get along with each other as they are slobs and quite gluttonous. Unfortunately, I have only heard rumors of the vampire sasquatches and don't know much about them. In the event of my disappearance, I would like those who are reading this to know that I have likely been murdered. Do not let anyone convince you otherwise.

2 years ago

Actually, I'm 100% glad that jumping spiders aren't the size of cats. Our world would be dominated by spiders eventually if that was the case. Ragworms have the smallest brain ever discovered on this Earth. Also, did you know that leeches have 32 brains each. Bugs and insects surly have an interesting, abnormal variety; but I'm without doubt not their fan, and I wish they stay as they are without mutating to larger sizes.

I knew politicians were not normal people, to think they're a vampire species after all. It seems to make sense, especially considering their diet. It's good that you don't know much vampire sasquatches, because sometimes ignorance is a bliss. Still, rumors are quite useful when push comes to shove in this world. 

I'll remember your words, and if you happen to be murdered, I'll spread the truth. Stay strong to the bitter end! Don't lose your life trying to find info about this deep & dark conspiracy. The info is no use if someone tracks, kidnaps, and murders you. Is anyone (any vampire) on your trail?

2 years ago
I did not know leeches had 32 brains. Perhaps that is why doctors, in the 1800s, used leeches in their practice. Certainly anything with 32 brains would be quite knowledgeable in their chosen profession. In comparison, sperm whales have the largest brains, but I've been told that size might not matter. I'm glad ragworms live in the ocean; I would have to live in the ocean if they didn't. Just the thought of being near something so primitive. But yes, I agree, they should not get bigger than they already are, particularly moths. I appreciate your faith in me. Now I can see that I must continue on this dark and dangerous path for the sake of truth and freedom. Don't worry, there is a plan in place if something insidious happens to me. Unfortunately, rumors are very dangerous things; I wouldn't have uncovered this deep, dark conspiracy if it hadn't been for those things. I suspect the Illuminati vampires might be stalking me. (The Illuminati symbol is an eye!). The Illuminati was formed in 1776 in Bavaria, now part of Germany; coincidentally that is the same year the United States was founded. Excuse me, I'm getting ahead of myself. I had to threaten the local priest with the salacious rumors I've heard about him, but I now have a steady supply of holy water and communion wafers. I bathe in the holy water every night and drink at least eight ounces every day. I like to crush the communion wafers and sprinkle them across every point of entry. Garlic has been planted around my home and I make sure to eat plenty of it. Whenever I leave home I take a mirror with me and wear a crucifix carved from garlic. I hope I'm being safe enough!

2 years ago

Actually, doctors of history used leeches for bloodletting (sucking blood out of bodies) because of their ability to suck blood. Which in turn actually helped in some treatments. The oldest recorded use of leeches is said to be from ancient Greece and Eygpt. I doubt they knew leeches had 32 brains at that time (otherwise, they might have tried training them). Is there a reason you are particular about moths? Or is it just your instinct?

You are certainly taking many measures! You have probably gained minimum safety from vampire danger. However, you must keep in mind that those measures don't work on every vampire species out there. From any enemy you could get, you got the Illuminati Vampires. They're a tough enemy. Apparently the Illuminés sect reached France in 1623. You would guess those Illuminati vampires worked with that sect. Eventually that sect gained power in France in 1722. 

2 years ago
This has become such a fascinating conversation you two are having, everyone else has fled the thread and don't mind me, I'm just here installing some padded walls.

2 years ago

Truly, a fascinating and deep conversation! 

I don't mind, but what do you mean by padded walls?

2 years ago
But padded walls remind me of the time when an Illuminati vampire spider tried to smother me with a glove doll. :(

2 years ago

Oh no! Good thing you're still alive today. That's a scary experience. Especially if it was a poisonous, and fanged Illuminati vampire spider. Hopefully it wasn't strong or large enough to wear a human adult sized glove.

2 years ago
It was a good thing that I had made some fresh Illuminati spider killing spray earlier that day. Sure, I may have singed the house just a little, but I've either killed it or I've established dominance over it.

2 years ago

Ah, that's good to hear!

2 years ago
I should make note, since this is a public forum, that bloodletting should only be practiced by licensed professionals and leeches. Attempting such a practice at home with inadequate tools could lead to possible death. Ancient Egyptians might have known, seeing as aliens built the pyramids. But the pyramids might predate ancient Egypt. I wouldn't be surprised if the ancient Egyptians have been taking credit for the hard work of ancient aliens. As for the moths, Ihave heard of a rare mutation that is responsible for mothmen. It doesn't surprise me that the Germans would steal from other cultures. The swastika was once shared by many cultures, but the Germans decided to steal it for themselves. Perhaps I am being too judgemental just because of that one incident though. Could it be that the Illuminati vampires have been around much longer than we could imagine? Why there was an ancient Roman cult that worshipped Mithras, a being seemingly inspired by the Iranian sun god Mithra. But the strangest thing about this cult is that all of its temples were underground! It sounds quite suspicious, doesn't it? If you have any tips on how to better protect myself, I will gladly take them.

2 years ago

Part of the Egyptians history is blank, or covered under infinite sands. They for sure cut some parts out so that the world wouldn't know about it. Yeah, the sad swastika is now banned instead.

I am afraid so, the Illuminati Vampires were perhaps here living on Earth all along. No wonder they have a legend, they're ancient. Not only the Illuminati Vampires, but all Vampire species too! 

That does sound suspicious, but they could've had their reasons, that Roman cult. Not that I would know their reasons anyways (whether they were good or bad).

For protecting yourself, I think your measures are okay so far. But you can add carrying a little poison vial with you so if a vampire catches you, you can somehow apply the poison to them and that might end them. You can also carry smoke bombs or paralyzing smoke bombs to blast them if you fear being surrounded by a big group of them. Secretly carrying a sharp dagger around could help too (though temporarily only because Vampire species are known to heal quickly and grow their limbs back fast, still a dagger injury could hold them back for a bit giving you time to escape).  These methods don't work all the time either. After doing as much as you can, it's up to you and fate. Also, someone told me if you play the following video in your house 3 times, it can protect your house from evil (the vampires after you) for a week or 3 days. I can't remember the time of effectiveness. Oh, and it's called Surat Albaqara, it's like great music of another language. You can copy the link to a new page if you're interested. It really works

YouTube Video 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YU7bc_0zlg

2 years ago
It is a shame that the only Egyptologist and vampirologist I knew has disappeared under mysterious circumstances. I would tell the authorities about the Egyptian vampires, but you know how police are, they're either working with the enemy or they just aren't interested in the truth. I doubt anyone knows their reasons, as the cult is shrouded in mystery. Not much has survived and Christians put an end to their practices. If the Christians of that time saw a need to eviscerate this mysterious cult, then maybe they weren't good. I could catch an Illuminati vampire snake and extract its venom. Maybe I could come to some sort of an agreement with it. Snakes tend to have a favorable opinion of me. Paralyzing smoke bombs are an excellent idea, that would give me an excuse to wear a gas mask and conceal my identity. Should my dagger be made of iron, silver, gold, or a mix of the three. Wait! I forgot about the dagger a mysterious stranger gave me a few weeks ago. It's quite beautiful, the blade seems to be made of obsidian and the hilt seems to be made from bone; very ornate with gold and silver inlay. I've been having the strangest dreams since I got it... Oh well, I'm sure it's not that important. It sounds very holy. I will use it as prescribed. Should I keep some praying mantises around? They seem to be quite devout and I don't think I've ever seen a mantis that wasn't praying.

2 years ago

Although it seems mysterious how your acquaintance disappeared, I'm sure he was silenced by someone. Do you know where he kept his research material? Maybe you can take hold over his findings before someone makes those disappear as well. Police are not to be trusted in this situation, specifically for the true reasons you stated. 

You're right, that cult was perhaps corrupted after all. 

That's a cool ability, to be favored by snakes and be on an agreement with them. However, you might not want to get the venom of any vampire specied snake because vampires might have a slight immunity to it. If you can find a snake not from a vampire species, that would be ideal. But if you can't, then find a snake that's the least related to the strong vampire family blood. You can tell by how big their fangs are. 

For the dagger, one made of steel (could be stainless steel if you can afford it) and has carbon mixed in would be better than iron, gold, or silver as those are brittle compared to steel (especially in weaponry). Beauty is irresistible, but haven't you heard the saying "stranger danger" when you were younger? You should NEVER trust strangers just like that! You're even having strange dreams. That's definitely because you're possessing that mysterious relic. I would say if you overlook little changes in your life, you might regret it later when it becomes something huge affecting you. Anyways, at least you noted it, so you're on the right path of watching over and protecting yourself. You can either get rid of that obsidian dagger, or seal it up somewhere. The strange dreams might stop after. 

Yeah, it does sound holy. By the way, I did some searching and if you play the recorded video one time in the house, evil stays away for 3 days. This is the real prescription. The praying mantis...I don't know, not that it would make a difference as far as I know, but you can keep one/some around if you want.

2 years ago
He was quite secretive when it came to his research. I've often wondered if he was making shady deals in back alleys. I suspect he may have caught paranoia at some point. The last time I spoke with him, he seemed to think I was a monster and threw, what he claimed to be, holy water on me. It was probably a mildly acidic liquid considering it left a few minor burns. I ransacked his office once I suspected something amiss, but all the clues I've found lead to dead ends. Unfortunately, I am no professor Robert Langdon. Ah, thank you, the local priest seems to think I'm involved with some sort of devilry with the number of snakes in and around my home. They keep most ne'er-do-wells away though, so the suspicion from the priest is well worth it. The gaboon viper is believed to have the longest fangs of all snakes. Their fangs can measure up to two inches long and have the highest venom yield. They are also mostly nocturnal, so they might be closely related to the vampire snakes, if they aren't all vampire snakes. For science, I must find out the effectiveness of vampire snake venom against vampires (compared to normal snake venom). Unfortunately, I am poor and can only afford carbon steel. Chromium prices have skyrocketed since the Jiangshi infiltrated the Chinese government. Iron would probably work better against the ghost vampires than it would the undead vampires. Silver, however, is believed to be effective against the undead and werewolves. Did you know that mirrors used to be backed with silver and a silver nitrate is used to make photographic film? You're right, how could I have made such a grievous error and be so flippant about it?! I wouldn't normally accept strange relics from mysterious strangers, but something compelled me to accept the gift. Could it have been the ambiance of the dimly-lit alleyway? What even compelled me to walk down that alleyway on that terrible, fateful night? It might comfort you to know that I attempted to rid myself of this cursed blade. I met with a mysterious relic collector who was more than willing to take the blade off of my hands. Two days after, the collector was found dead (the radio claimed it was a grisly murder and went into gruesome detail) and when I arrived home that evening, the blade had made itself comfortable in a display stand that served as a home for a different dagger. What happens if I overdose? If nothing else, the praying mantises should eat the vampire spiders.

2 years ago

Sorry it took me too long to reply!! Time in this world plays tricks.

Too bad about that researcher. It's either those back alley dark dealers that got him paranoid, or some life-threatening monster that attacked him and created this trauma of anything that comes close to him. He's gone now, not much we can do to find him/his corpse or research.

Sometimes risks need too be taken to find facts. Good luck on your venomous experiment. Just don't die (or try your best not to), because those vampires have great pride in themselves and can get extra-vicious if they feel insulted. That's true! Gaboon Vipers do have the longest fangs. You see, they also keep all their poison under their jaw. Generally, to tell if a snake is venomous or not, you look at the head and see if it's triangular. If it is, then that one has venom. 

Also true! Silver (now that you mention it) is said to be effective against the supernatural. However, compared to steel, it's brittle. Maybe you can have two daggers (and be double safe); one of silver, and one of steel incase one doesn't work. Yes, German Chemist Justus Von Liebig is stated to be the one responsible for making the first silver backed mirror. Later though they stopped making it and began using metal mercury instead since it spread out more evenly. Cool! I never knew that silver nitrate was used to make photographic films. I always wondered what those films were made of. 

What has happened, happened. Nothing we can do about that except dealing with it for a better planned future (if time doesn't play tricks). I'm happy that you tried to be rid of the blade once, but the outcome surely is sad. At least you tried. Try sealing it in a box then burying it deep under ground, then see if anything's done by the blade after. Make sure the box has many locks to secure it/seal it properly. Do you know any other way to seal daggers, or get rid of them? Try finding the mysterious stranger that gave you this cursed item.

Nothing happens, you can't overdose from listening to that. Though the ideal is once every 3 days until danger of attackers passes,  but you're safe to listen as much as you want to Surat Albaqara. If the praying mantis you bring can make friends (and not be eaten) with your snake buddies, should not be a problem to have it around. It can even eat spiders & vampire spiders for you, so might as well.

2 years ago
I completely understand. Constant vigilance is needed when time is involved; if you watch a clock, time passes as it is intended. As soon as you look away though, thirty minutes have passed. Once an average human closes their eyes at night, approximately eight hours will pass. In an average life span, this phenomenon makes up a third of the average human's life. Unfortunately, you can't always go by a triangular head. Pythons have triangular heads, but they aren't venomous (they are still quite deadly though). Cobras, in comparison, don't have triangular heads and are quite venomous. And non-venomous species have learned to flatten their heads into triangular shapes when they feel threatened by larger predators. Hmm, yes I could stab a vampire with the steel dagger to surprise or distract it long enough to kill it with the silver dagger. If the silver dagger doesn't work, I'll at least have enough time to use a smoke bomb to get away. You can no longer rely on the toxicity of mercury to ward off vampires as modern mirrors no longer use mercury. Do you think mercury smoke bombs would be effective against vampires? Perhaps I should keep cinnabar specimens around my home. But in comparison to other forms of mercury, it isn't as toxic unless heated. I learned about silver nitrate in my extensive studies on vampires. Although it's unclear if it was the silver used in mirrors and film or if it's because vampires are believed to be soulless. I know a few ways to effectively seal away cursed and possessed objects, but they don't work on demonically possessed objects. I suspect this might be the case. I revisited the alley just the other night actually. The regulars remember seeing the two of us that night, but they had never seen the mysterious stranger before or after that night. What's even stranger is that one regular said he'd followed the stranger, in an attempt to mug them, the stranger took a turn into a dead end alleyway and just disappeared! I'm beginning to think this isn't just someone trying to get rid of a cursed dagger... Phew! I was afraid I might sprout a few extra eyes or something. The praying mantis invited a few friends... But, the snakes and mantises are making peace agreements as we speak. They're even making plans against the plague-carrying vermin running around!

2 years ago
You guys better hope I don't get bored enough to check each of your word counts in this thread and demand a co-authored story or enough reviews to match...

2 years ago

If you are bored you can try and learn the morse-code on morse.withgoogle.com/learn/, or you can read the 1000+ paged book called "The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexandre Dumas (it's actually a really good story!!) if you haven't read it already.

That's what I did when I was bored. Though the morse-code is not used anymore, you can always gain more knowledge. Plus, I'm sure a co-authored storygame made by 2 newbies will not be the best.

2 years ago
I'm not sure if I should take this as a threatening compliment or a threatening insult. Not gonna lie though, I'm kind of surprised you're still here. No one else seems to bother with reading this thread, or they're worried about getting dragged into whatever this is if they comment.

Irrational fears of children

2 years ago

Ah, true. Sleeping is certainly a third of the human life. For the two thirds their life, people are awake and living (assuming they don't have special circumstances). When people are awake they spend 30% of their time talking. The rest of time is as spend 45% listening, 16% reading, and 9% writing. Though these numbers are average and definatly not constant. For example: CYStians surely spend more than 16% and 9% of their time reading and writing (if not 90% of their time). Even so these percentages give you an idea of how much time of their life that people spend talking.

I was mistaken. The triangular head doesn't work all the time to specify a venomous snake from one that isn't. You have many friendly snakes around, I'm sure you'll be okay. Do any of the snakes around you come along when you go out? Like in your bag, or in a vented handy box. I'm happy to know that the snakes and praying mantises are on agreement. If only they had you during the middle ages in Europe, you could've helped some people survive. The Bubonic Plague (Black Death) had killed half a country with only vermin. You're about to witness snakes and mantises prevent a future vermin brought plague from spreading and killing half another country with another plague. It's a front seat you should treasure.

Well mirrors backing used to use silver, then mercury, then tin-mercury amalgam, and today they use heated aluminum. I think today's mirrors are useless against vampires as they most likely lost their full effect through their updates. Cinnabar is a red beauty, deep in color like blood. You can definetly set it up as a trap for those blood thirsty vampires. You can have a lighter close to it so you can start the fire whenever needed, and perhapse place the cinnabar on a pile of dry hay/grass that ignites quickly. As for mercury bombs, I'm not so sure. Mercury used to be part of Chinese medicine (though not too much). It might not be that effective. On the other hand is a Zinc Chloride Smoke Bomb that can leave someone paralyzed for 4 days. You can give both a shot and decide.

The stranger that gave you the possessive dagger might not even be a person after all. After knowing a bit more about your situation, I think your fears may be in place. Perhapse the demon dwelling in that obsidian dagger may be looking for someone worthy to posses it. As for the stranger; he could've been the previous owner that failed to make a contract and control the dagger's sealed demon, or he could be a hologram made by the dagger's demon to have you take it. That would explain why the back alley regular thought the stranger just disappeared. Also, those dreams you've been having when the dagger is near you could be the demon's attempt at contacting you. It will be dangerous, but if you can make a contract during your strange dream, things might clear up with the dagger. It may not be so bad after all.

2 years ago
Subtle edit of title there, don’t think I haven’t seen that.

2 years ago

I think that happened when I kept pressing tab and the words got highlighted. Nice catch!

EDIT: I thought I put in the missing word earlier, oh well

2 years ago
Wow, average people sure do waste a lot of time with this talking and listening nonsense! I would hate it if I had to spend even 15% of that time talking. If only the average person was as productive as the average CYStian... Smh. Most of the snakes are a little misanthropic and prefer to avoid most humans. But, there are a few divas amongst them that believe in literally shopping 'til you drop. If I don't take them with me whenever I go out (even to get a few groceries) they'll give me hell until I buy them a bracelet or ring or something. There is a fully grown anaconda that enjoys pretending to be a scarf. She gets a little heavy sometimes, so I make others wear her on occasion. It kind of freaks people out because she is a bit of a hugger. Did you know the bacteria responsible for the Bubonic Plague is also responsible for two other plagues (septicemic and pneumonic). Which variant you get depends entirely on the route the infection takes. Yersinia pestis, the bacterium responsible for these plagues, has existed since, approximately, 3,800 B.C. Much like vampires, this strain of bacteria has been plaguing humans for quite a long time, if not longer. It truly is the age of vampires, my friend. We can't have mercury-backed (quicksilver, if you prefer) or silver-backed because it's either too expensive or too 'toxic'. These days, digital photography reigns supreme. How can you tell if evidence of supernatural happenings has been removed from an image or not? You can't trust the metadata! Have you heard of What We Do in the Shadows? A movie and TV series documenting everynight life of vampires, even the werewolves are getting braver! I apologize for the rant, society has truly become blind to the dangers of the supernatural. Perhaps cinnabar is best used against the jiangshi? Hopping vampires are probably twice as dangerous as most other vampires since they behave like fleas. Is the zinc necessary? Chlorine gas on its own is quite deadly, at a concentration of 1,000ppm it's almost instantly fatal. I thought the stranger could possibly be a stage magician/escape artist, but you're most likely right. He was probably a physical manifestation of the dagger demon. However, I don't understand why this demon might think I'm worthy of possessing this dagger. The trickery here seems quite unnecessary as the dagger could've spontaneously appeared in my home that night. In fact, I probably could have come to the same conclusion I am now without the need for darkened alleyways. A contract might not be necessary, it has yet to attempt to kill, threaten, or give me bad advice. It even pointed me to my car keys the other day. Someone once told me that if a ghost, demon, or angel hasn't shown you ill will, it might tolerate or actually like you.

2 years ago

Surprisingly snakes have interesting personalities! Especially that outgoing anaconda, people will definitely freak out if she suddenly hugs them (especially if she does it tightly). I'm sure though that she has no malicious intentions behind it, she just wants to express her love to others (in a good way). As for the bacteria responsible for the plague, it's not even capable of understanding love without killing societies in the process (and still not understand in the end). I did not know of the other two tragic plagues that the Bubonic Plague bacteria caused. However, I do know that the despicable smallpox killed 90% of the natives in both Americas in less than a year. Unlike the Yersinia pestis that existed since 3800 B.C., the variola virus that causes smallpox existed for only about 3000 years. There are many things that plague humans including the bacterias and Vampires, but people just don't seem to notice (until it's too late of course).

My friend, I certainly see how Vampires have dawned on this planet for longer than we can imagine. I actually always doubt metadata and the media/news too. Today's world is sadly corrupt from within, even without the Vampires. Although there are people with their mind and honor out there (encountering one is rare). Regretfully it's not possible to tell if an image was photoshopped, or if a video was edited to remove the important/supernatural parts (unless you have really advanced technology, which I don't). Propaganda is a deadly weapon. It was even used by the German and Canadian governments to lead many people to their demise unknowingly. 

I haven't heard of this What We Do in the Shadows, I'll certainly look into it  as it seems like important evidence. Actually, it would be good if more people heard your rant and started thinking/observing their own daily lives, because as you said, society has become blind. I'm not sure if cinnabar is effective against jiangshi. They're an interesting breed between zombies and vampires (if jiangshi was not both of their ancestor that is). They have a paper seal on their face don't they? Can they really see colors and fall for the protective trap? We need to figure some defense against these jumping vampires, without doubt they're stronger than your average vampire species out there. If you use zinc in your smoke bomb with chloride, it increases the negative impact against the enemy. 

You see dear friend, demons don't necessarily like being out in the open in the middle of public spaces. They seem vicious, but some demons actually despise humans for mistreatment by them (and don't want to be near them). Also, not everyone is capable of seeing and feeling a demon possessed dagger. You might have the sixth sense of sensing the supernatural. Or it may be that it approached you because it happened to see your efforts in searching and making defenses against vampires, that now it wants to help. I think it wants to help you for some reason or another.

2 years ago
She is quite fond of giving bear hugs, even though she isn't a bear. She also enjoys what she calls a 'snoot boop'. If she doesn't get one when she wants it, she will bite as others might call it (I prefer to call it a kiss). Adults tend to be quite judgemental, so I usually prefer to hand her off to children. It's a shame that bacteria don't have brains, otherwise they might be capable of such feelings. While bacteria may seem morally bankrupt, I believe viruses are quite evil. In fact viruses aren't considered living organisms, just like vampires! Unfortunately, without proper laws and regulations, invasive species will quickly take over the areas they are invading. It is quite sad that so many natives died from the invasive virus that the immigrants and tourists brought to the Americas. The immediate benefits of a foreign species should not outweigh the long-term effects of allowing such invasions to happen. Honey bees, for example, are an invasive species that were brought to the Americas from Europe. They are voracious and will rob a plant of all of its nectar, leaving none for the native bumble bee. The immediate benefit of the species was the oddly delicious vomit they leave in their hives. Quite astounding proof of their gluttony if you ask me! But what about the long-term consequences of allowing these hooligans to do as they please? Journalism has been replaced with sensationalism in an effort to create mob mentalities and the CIA is responsible for it. I've never considered it before, but there might be vampires in the media too. But I agree, perhaps complacency plays a role as well. I don't have the advanced technology either and I doubt I could break into Area 51 to steal such things. Hmm, these Germans seem like they're involved in a large amount of suspicious activity... And now the Canadians are involved? It seems this might be a worldwide conspiracy. I must warn you, it can get quite graphic at times. Oh, I would shout it from the rooftops, if roofs were safe. Most are slanted and have to be accessed by ladder; one could easily slide off of the roof or tumble off of the ladder. Even flat roofs present dangers that most people might be unaware of such as vertigo and the high place phenomenon. Vertigo has many forms, but this specific vertigo is called height vertigo and it's triggered when standing too close to the edge of a roof. The high place phenomenon is a sudden urge to jump off of a high place (like a roof). The paper seal is a talisman used to immobilize a jiangshi while it's firmly stuck to the creature's face. First you have to stick it to jiangshi's face, which becomes a problem when they can easily hop around. I was thinking the reason the Chinese use cinnabar as a medicine is to make the blood taste foul. However, I didn't consider jiangshi might be attracted to this potentially toxic mineral. While I don't live in an Asian country, it doesn't hurt to be proactive, especially when invasive species are involved. Demons are very prone to mistreatment, unfortunately. The problem might lie with the Ars Goetia these days as the methods of summoning demons in that text is horribly outdated and considered disrespectful to the demons. Are demons not related to vampires? I don't understand why a demon would want to help me with this vampire conspiracy. I wouldn't think my efforts are that inspiring and this dagger doesn't seem fond of other humans. I did a scientific experiment and asked people how they felt about the relic and the ones that didn't run in terror told me they got 'bad vibes' from it. Thank you for your reassurance, my friend.

2 years ago

Children are truly more open minded and responsible at times. Actually unlike viruses, Vampires are considered living as their cells reproduce quickly when they are injured. Also, they all need to consume something to stay alive (whether it's electricity, money, or blood). They can speak languages without doubt, and they can transform to different creatures so they have a working brain. 

Why people don't consider long term consequences is because they desire immediate benefit (just like what you said). But then innocent natives die, and the bumble bee species also declines! And not only the bumble bee species, approximately 20 000 other bee species are in decline due to the honey bee's unjust domination. Another long term consequence that people didn't consider in the past is Global Warming. Though they are dealing with it now by making electric cars and attempting to use reusable/recyclable materials, it's not enough yet.

It's not hard to create mob mentalities these days. Perhaps the Vampires in the media input a hypnosis technique into their posts/words/news. Countries that we know are affected by Vampires so far are: Germany, Canada, U.S., China, Europe (and maybe France). These countries ether had many conspiracies, strange sects, sighted vampires, or caused invasions and propaganda. I think these governments might have secret labs where they captured some vampires and forced them to use their powers in communicating with other species and hypnosis to attempt taking over the world. I know that there are some good vampires out there that wish to make friends with other species (including humans) and don't want to kill/harm needlessly. Though these types of vampires are surely a minority. My friend, I'm afraid that world governments are certainly part of a worldwide conspiracy. 

Roofs were never safe. Even if your under them, they can relay damage to you. They break under 1 inch diametered hail, they fly away with tornado winds at 166-200 mph, they keep fire smoke inside, and they leak water at times. Still, they're better than having no roof. They just need modifications, and maybe slightly high fences that prevent people from getting the high place phenomena. Certainly being proactive has its benefits. "Better be safe than sorry", might as well set up the cinnabar trap, and a rope trap to capture any jiangshi that attempts invading your house. Invasive species are everywhere nowadays.

I don't think that demons and vampires are related, would you say that apples and oranges are related? Probably not. Just that they are both juicy fruits with peels. As for vampires and demons, they're both living supernatural beings that can communicate. Otherwise, there are no relations. Just like how some humans are at odds with one another, so are other species. Moose males fight each other to the death so they can lead the herd. Perhaps the demon wants to help you because it has some history with vampires. Also, you are the only person I know making an effort (other than that researcher acquaintance of yours), which is better than no effort. Though the experiment shows that the dagger has a bad aura, doesn't mean there's no chance that it can do good or change in the future.

2 years ago
This is quite true. Viruses do not have cells (because they aren't alive), in fact, if cells didn't exist viruses would not be able to multiply. But it is speculated that they might predate even single-celled organisms. It's my guess that sensationalism and propaganda are to blame for the ever-increasing honey bee population and the decline of native bee species. Unfortunately we only became concerned with global warming relatively recently in human history. We only began keeping detailed records on temperature in 1850 even though the modern day thermometer was invented in 1709. One might argue that it is important to find other sources of energy since fissile material and fossil fuels are defined as non-renewable resources. On the other hand, solar panels provide an immediate benefit of renewable energy; however they pose a very serious threat due to the materials they are made from. I'm afraid you might be right. France is definitely affected by the vampire plague. There is a necropolis right beneath Paris (the capital of France)! The catacombs beneath this seemingly beautiful city is home to over six million dead people after they were exhumed from the Holy Innocents' Cemetary. I have heard (possibly from a vampire) that it was a disgusting affair and many candle and soapmakers profited from this exodus. While vampires are not my friends, I find this treatment quite inhumane. Perhaps my efforts are misplaced at this time. While I was concerned about the general vampire population, I overlooked the danger of money-feeding vampires. To experiment on your own species, no matter what they feed on, is a truly horrendous crime. I think I will refocus my efforts on Government and the money vampires; maybe the other vampires can be convinced to join in on this crusade... I think 1 inch diametere hail is the danger in that situation, but without a doubt, roofs are witches. If you doubt me, there is a scientific method to tell if something is a witch. What you would need to do is weigh the roof against a duck; if the roof weighs the same as a duck, it's a witch. Even if it doesn't weigh the same as a duck, you must take into consideration that roofs can fly. A high fence might not always work since the longest ladder is 135 feet long. Do you think jiangshi could be used against The Government? Apples and oranges might have evolved from a single type of fruit tree at some point during history though. To add to this list of infighting, male lions will kill the young of the previous pride leader in an attempt to erase him from history. Much like what Amenhotep II did to Queen Hatshepsut, with some minor differences of course. There are more people fighting the good fight, but they aren't as publicly vocal as I am. This conspiracy is a very dark web that involves aliens, bigfoots, and Tibetan monks for example. Most of my work deals with vampires and their spy networks. As for the dagger, it is quite protective, if not possessive, and quite incorrigible considering it has a strange fascination with soap operas (I'm afraid adipocere might be involved).

2 years ago

You are correct, sensationalism and propaganda are indeed responsible for the decline in native bee species. They make it seem like nothing important, and that honey bees are what only matters. Talking about non-renewable resources, plastic is the evil lead in this. In fact, there are 5 plastic waste islands just floating in the oceans. Indeed, solar panels are a double edged sword. I never knew about this disgusting exodus affair. People who just find any opportunity to make profits through other's bad times, they're corrupted from the core. Just like Ephialtes of Trachis who betrayed the Greek during their war against the Persians. 

Perhaps other Vampires just don't know about this awful crime, or they can't do anything about it. If many come together, we can certainly attempt to free the captured vampires. We'll have to find a safe place to hide or make a base somewhere where the government doesn't have much power or spies. I wonder if such a place can be found? 

I actually don't doubt you as I came across this witch determining method before. It was used during the Dark Ages of Europe to figure out women who were witches. However, I know some innocents fell victim to treacherous haters who wanted to be rid of those who oppose them. About a 1000 died in Europe as witches. Wether or not they really were witches, life was peaceful before the Dark Ages. Are all witches evil (because I doubt so)? 

Yes, if we can make an alliance with literate jiangshi, we will have a very powerful ally on our side against the government. If we can make some communication with the people fighting the good fight, we can probably gain more strong allies. It seems that this dark conspiracy involves more species than I expected. I think that griffins and dragons have a hand in this too. Though they are hidden pretty well in this world. This conspiracy might have played a role in the dinosaurs extinction more than 65 million years ago.

2 years ago
Perhaps the waste islands have some kind of power over the government and that's why they have done nothing to wrangle these trashy islands. Maybe some day a few brave souls will sail the treacherous waters and wrangle these leviathans once the government is no longer a threat. Greed is very dangerous indeed. Why it has been known to attract evil spirits such as wendigo and cause cannibalistic urges. Unfortunately I don't know of many places that could be considered safe. College campuses are an obvious choice, but are filled with government spies. I would recommend silver mines, but that's were wendigo spirits like to hang out. The catacombs beneath Paris would be an excellent hiding place, but it's easy to get lost in them... Ah yes, I have heard that instead of weighing a witch against a duck, they would throw the accused witch in a river to see if she would float. It is quite obvious that it didn't matter if they were witches or not since they refused to use the much more humane and scientific method of scales. I wouldn't think all witches are evil because what makes a witch a witch seems subjective. I can't say I know anything about griffins, but I do know dragons like treasure and as you might know treasure can often be found in jewelry stores, banks, and Fort Knox. In fact, therapy could probably help these poor hoarders, but they'll just eat their therapists... You might be right, the extinction of dinosaurs would give the government more power since they would no longer have to worry about getting stepped on or eaten.

2 years ago

If the government is not a threat, I'm sure half the world would be happier than they are now. For example Sudan and the Republic of of Congo that live in a dictatorship toady. Greed itself is an evil spirit I must say. It even lead Caligula, Emperor of Rome to weaken his own empire in order to fulfill his selfishness. I can see how those cannibalistic urges happen when greed's involved.

I would not want to be possessed by wendigo, that would not be good. Campuses truly are full of spies. The catacombs are full of the dead, not exactly ideal, and as you said easy to get lost in. I'm considering Gouffre Mirolda in France as it's one of the top 5 deepest caves on Earth (1,733 meters). But unless we make a map for ourselves, we'll get lost. We can also create/dig out a hiding place in the Sahara dessert or in the Arctic. Though both places have extreme weather, barely anyone goes there. And no one will suffer if we dig a hiding place underground and insualate our building. Hmmm...

I heard that they would how witches in water to if they float because some believed witches are made of wood.True, what makes a witch a witch seems subjective across different types of people. Do you think Dragons can transform shapes like Vampires? If they can, that would explain why some jewelers are so in love with their products, they don't want to sell them; or why some jewelers like to wear so much accessories. But if that's not the case, then maybe Dragons are the reason why some mountain travelers or planes go missing. Dragons apparently like dwelling in mountain caves and/or clouds.

2 years ago

2 years ago
OOH! Vampires, makes me think of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtzDAmRhD9s

2 years ago
Fear of retarded children is completely rational.

2 years ago
Rationality is a fear of completely retarded children.

2 years ago

How's everyone doing on this thread? I hope the thread in Newbie Central doesn't scare you too much given your fears.

2 years ago

I would say we're living and doing well. 

2 years ago
I'm doing well despite the pain in my neck. Berka might be a little frightened when he sees that thread though, but I'm sure he'll be fine.

2 years ago
It's shocking where this conversation went. From fear of children to bugs...wow!

2 years ago
Actually it started with a bot posting a bunch of generated text about music, I see you couldn't slog through the OP. Although I'm guessing most people didn't, I just have an especially high tolerance for that sort of thing now.

2 years ago
Let me tell you about my fear of snowy owls...

2 years ago
This thread is a fucking war crime. I regret everything.

2 years ago
Lol, that's an accurate description. We could probably stop if you wanted us to; I don't know if I can keep this up for much longer anyway.

2 years ago

Nah, might as well knock yourselves out at this point.

2 years ago

No need to feel too bad about it. We can stop anytime, and put this in the back of our memories.

2 years ago
Lol, I think I'm ready to admit defeat.