Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

How do you remember?

one year ago

I have what's called a photographic memory, so I see things as a home video reel shot from my eye level. Sometimes it even comes with sounds. How in the world do you remember how something looked without seeing it? How can you remember something without rewinding and going through it again? Can you still hear sounds in your mind? I've always known to some extent that other people's memories work differently, but I can't picture how.

Let me give you an example on what my memory would be like: 

I have this random memory of when I was in preschool, and this girl was swinging Indian style on the swing set. I can see her dark brown braids flopping with the movement and the crinkles of her smile and the seat of the faded blue swing and I can hear her laughing and the (offscreen) teacher laughing and asking her what she was doing. It's all so vivid, it's really like a movie in a way.

I don't remember everything and have to concentrate sometimes, but I rarely forget visual things.

What about you?

How do you remember?

one year ago
Lmao, fuck you. Is this thread intentionally made to make me feel bad?

Given I can't visualize things, I obviously can't visually recall them either. I cannot for example recall the way my ex's tits looked like, but I can kind of remember through muscle memory how playing with them felt like.

Other than muscle memory, it's all just pure data in my head for me. Kind of like a robot.

How do you remember?

one year ago

It might be... Reading back threads gave me this idea, but no it wasn't really meant to make you feel bad XD. Honestly it has some bearing on a small piece of my storygame

Also that's actually really cool

How do you remember?

one year ago
Of course that's the example you choose

How do you remember?

one year ago
I can hardly remember scenes in detail - sounds and relative locations of objects with respect to eachother are usually more prominent than actual "images". Perhaps this is why my more memorable dreams usually consists of more sounds than photos.

Something something bad memory, I don't know, but I seem to do pretty well academically with it.

How do you remember?

one year ago

I have A) a medical issue that makes me have a bad memory B) extremely vivid and lucid dreams, so I often have a hard time telling whether my memories actually happened or not.  There have been times when I've referenced events to people that never actually happened.

I certainly don't visually recall my memories.  It's more like I have a thought about something that happened, and a bunch of related thoughts pop up.  I do not get any sensory recall from my memories by thinking about them, not even to the tactile extent Cel described.  I can sometimes "force" myself to have sensory recall of something that happened, but I know I'm just reconstructing a similar experience, not actually remembering the real sensory details of what happened.  My memories are just thoughts pretty much, and impressions.

I would say my memories are not sensory, but are usually spatial.  I won't remember what things looked/felt/sounded like beyond general information, but I will remember intuitively and distinctly where they were in relation to each other.

Dreams I do sometimes remember vivid images of, but not always.  Sound is the same.  Usually as I'm falling asleep I'll start to hear music.  Actually hearing it, not just 'imagining' hearing it, as one does when running a song in one's head.

How do you remember?

one year ago

I think that is pretty much the normal experience for remembering something.

How do you remember?

one year ago
Yes, I agree.

How do you remember?

one year ago

Yes, yes, yes.

You're all so unique and retarded. 

How do you remember?

one year ago

... Okay, I'm just confused about WTF it means to swing in "Indian style" ... Do Indian people have a unique way of swinging?

How do you remember?

one year ago

Criss cross applesauce sound more familiar to you?

How do you remember?

one year ago

In no way shape or form. :p

How do you remember?

one year ago

I... how... this

Maybe you just call it sitting with your legs crossed lol. There's a lot of funny little names for it here

How do you remember?

one year ago

So... Crossing your legs while swinging? And I thought it'd be something cool like spinning the swing in circles several times and seeing how long you can hold on before you fall and break your legs :p

How do you remember?

one year ago

Sorry to disappoint XD
That would be way cooler

How do you remember?

one year ago

By not forgetting.

How do you remember?

one year ago

I use post it notes... when I remember