Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Dead Man Walking: Jacob

2 years ago
Is there no possible way to save my boy Jacob ;(
The little man lasted so long..
Once we arrive at the house in search of MC’s wife, he wants a drink. Isn’t there a good way about this?
Or do we have to succumb to a realisation that we are contagious?

2 years ago
If you are bit, the only way to save Jacob is to drop him off at the police station, or with the caretaker of the cemetery - or to find the Chinese man at the news stand by climbing on to the hospital roof at night.

2 years ago
The MC is not bit. Instead he’s immune to the virus, but his saliva is contagious, during the house sequence, when both Jacob and MC (additionally Abby) drive or walk to the house they begins searching either of the houses (neighbour’s or MC’s). As soon as the two enter the garage Jacob asks for some water, without a choice MC hands his water bottle to him and heads on for a search. Once searching a location MC notes that there is noise in the garage. It turns out that drinking anything MC touched is contagious and kills you.

So does MC find out...
So as I understand I was meant to on first to my house before police precinct? I did head home after escaping the precinct and helping the the Lieutenant of a problem.

2 years ago

Did you by any chance stop at a gas station and get spit on by a drooler hiding in the bathroom? That causes your character to become infected. If you remain completely uninfected, Jacob won't become a zombie after drinking your water

2 years ago
I played through more than once and don't remember ever coming across this problem. I need to play DMW again.

2 years ago
Yeah, same. Played it years ago but I know I didn't even scratch the surface then.

2 years ago

If I remembered it correctly, you have to stop by the police station at the beginning of the story. You will then learn about your saliva there after being examined by some crazy doc.

Then, that little guy will be saved. It also had cost me many playthroughs to figure that out.