Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Multiple Protagonists Tag

one year ago

Alright I just created a new tag for stories that have more than one protagonist you can play as.

Since I didn't look much further than labeling my own stories, if anyone knows of more stories with multiple protagonists, let me know and they can be labeled appropriately. Remember, more than one protagonist! Not the same one with just a wildly different POV based on choices.

You might even get some pointless points out of it.

one year ago
Might be an interesting contest theme someday.

one year ago

Yeah actually that's a good idea.

And then we'll have some other stories to use the tag.

one year ago
I’m pretty sure CYBERMONKEY actually fits this description. Even though the POV starts the same, it’s pretty clear in the endings that you’re not the same person as any of the other paths. An uplifted octopus in a human body, a peace officer looking for a mole, a Japanese man who underwent plastic surgery to look like a foreigner, etc. I’m pretty confident that means there are multiple protagonists, though I’m less confident that’s exactly what you’re looking for.

one year ago

Added

one year ago
I came across a game called “The Hanging of Jordan Nickler” after pushing the ol’ Random button. The first part of the story has you play as the narrator with first person pronouns. The second half has you play as another character using second person pronouns. You also get one choice for the narrator’s mother. I’m pretty sure this qualifies.

Didn’t like the story much though. Guess that’s what I get for hitting the Random button.

one year ago

Added

one year ago

This one already has the tag added, but I just wanna draw attention to it because it deserves it.

Darius's "It's a boy".

Despite nothing about this story seeming like it'll be anything special from the get-go, read it if you can handle the things mentioned in the trigger warning at the beginning.

one year ago

While it may not meet the site guidelines, Paradox's "The Sins of our Fathers- part 1" does have two protagonists.

one year ago

I did some reading, digging and browsing, so hope that this helps. This is what I found so far. Quality varies.

Warlords: Strategic Conquest

I went to the graveyard

Forum wars

A titanic experience

Graveyard of empires

The vampire hunter

Father Leofwine is Dead

Court case

one year ago

Cool, added all those. I guess we don't need to have that multiple protagonist contest idea to fatten up the tag anytime soon.