Choose Your Own Madness

Player Rating5.05/8

"#250 overall, #27 for 2015"
based on 83 ratings since 11/30/2015
played 2,166 times (finished 115)

"run through the jungle"

"It'll be a while, better grab a SnickersĀ®"

"aren't you a little too old to be trick or treating"
Some material may be inappropriate for persons under age 13. If this were a movie, it would probably be PG-13.

Tags

Horror

In a slightly steampunk, Cthulhu-esque setting. You're an apprentice wizard and you find out your sister has been kidnapped. You need to rescue her from the evil cultists!

A very intense story :)

The writing in this was superb and it did well in painting an elaborate tale, with little to no flaws in it's narrative. There were plenty of choices available in this, and each choice felt as if it had great impact to the story that was being told. So it really made me pick and choose each choice wisely, as there was consequences to not thinking things through.

Honestly, there's so much here that the author gets right. The atmosphere to be specific, as it felt quite ominous and spooky by a great deal, making this genuinely creepy in some aspects. Such things made this a treat to read to say the least.

Kudos for making a very well-written storygame, one that has powerful writing and descriptions, many choices, and some genuinely tense moments. Exploring every available choice was well worth it in the end, as this was a very solid adventure when all is said and done.

I wouldn't mind seeing more writing from this writer, or even a sequel, because this was very good.
-- TharaApples on 3/21/2017 5:55:35 AM with a score of 0
I feel the mentor is to powerful
-- T on 3/12/2020 9:17:00 AM with a score of 0
THIS GAME IS STUPID IT HAS TOO MUCH READING
-- THE TRUTH on 11/7/2018 1:29:38 PM with a score of 0
Love love love this story. I actually felt nervous checking the different rooms and corridors. I could actually see the house thanks to your great descriptions. I do wish the ending was a little more exciting, but it was still a happy one.
-- nm13757 on 4/29/2018 9:36:32 PM with a score of 0
This game is so fun! My only problem is I'm not sure I'll ever find a "happy" ending!
-- Meg01 on 2/16/2018 11:01:56 AM with a score of 0
Never figured out how to beat it :(
-- CeruleanFlare on 12/17/2016 5:21:17 PM with a score of 0
Burned with my mentor, paralyzed and taken by the eye in the book. More wonderful ways to fail.
-- Deadly Lion on 4/20/2016 5:23:53 PM with a score of 0
I was burned with my parents, suffocated with an snooker cue and my soul was taken by Langdown Hall. Wonderful. Simply wonderful.
-- Deadly Lion on 4/20/2016 11:43:56 AM with a score of 0
Awesome game. The writing is good, and there's a lot of it - great job! Two things though: when exploring the ground floor, the front door is described to close several times, in more paths - when we enter the house, when we go back into the main room...
Also I think you missed a choice to go back to the hall after going to the back corridor.

But really, I loved this and hope you write some more :)
-- Nona on 12/5/2015 4:48:06 PM with a score of 0
I did NaNoWriMo last year as an assignment for my GT (Gifted and Talented) class! I wanted to do it again this year, but my account isn't working. It looks like a very well-written story that you put a lot of thought into. :3
-- imagine13 on 12/5/2015 4:34:47 PM with a score of 0