Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Favourite Video Game Series

9 years ago

This has probably been asked before, but what is your favorite video game series of all time. For it to be a series it must have more than one game.

For example I'd say Metal Gear Solid

9 years ago

The legendary motherfucking FALLOUT SERIES! FUCK YEAH, FALLOUT!!!

9 years ago

I can tell from your pic

9 years ago

Everyone must know the legendaryness that is Fallout. I used to spam pics of Vault boy, too. Specifically of the perks, rather than one simple picture.

9 years ago

Fallout is a piece of horse shit.

9 years ago

Go to bed Coins, it's one in the morning.

9 years ago

There was no need. Please apologise Coins.

9 years ago

He's Coins. He never apoligizes.

9 years ago

In that case he's a little bitch.

9 years ago

He's one of those wacky Koreans. They just come out off the trees, man. OUT OF THE TREES!

9 years ago

You're a big bitch, ain't ya?

9 years ago

What is Fallout???

9 years ago

A band

9 years ago

I thought it was a video game?

9 years ago

It is, he's just making a joke.

9 years ago

Well, The Fallout Boys is a band though, lol.

9 years ago

Yeah, I heard of them. 

9 years ago

I used to love their music. But now their stuff is shit.

9 years ago

Never heard their music.

9 years ago

Just have a shit, the sounds pretty much the same.

9 years ago

Oh.

9 years ago

Not their old stuff. Like, pre-"Light 'Em Up" era.

9 years ago
Here's a song they made, just click the black square.

9 years ago

Oh. I know that song.

9 years ago

Fallout or The Elder Scrolls. 

9 years ago

Wise men think alike.

9 years ago

9 years ago

*Sigh* If only the battle with Alduin was as awesome as this.

9 years ago

Dragons dogma.  Best dragon fights ever.

9 years ago

I always loved CoD and GTA.

Never played (and probably never will) Fallout or Skyrim.

9 years ago

Your missing out bro

9 years ago

While I agree with your taste in GTA, CoD is a bit over-rated. It's the same game every year, but it takes out some guns, adds some more guns, and adds more maps, and adds another forgettable campaign. Give Fallout or TES a try, you won't regret it.

9 years ago

I never said I liked every CoD game. I just stick with the Modern Warfare and Black Ops series as well as the original PS2 titles.

9 years ago

Yeah. Honestly, Black Ops was the best. You have redeemed yourself, Fazz.

9 years ago

Have you played any of the Arkham Series, probably the best superhero games around.

9 years ago

I beat Batman: Arkham City a couple of times.

9 years ago

I can't wait until Arkham Khnight

9 years ago

9 years ago

I can tell, without clicking it, it's the main theme Dragonborn from Skyrim. Truly badass.

9 years ago

I don't play many video games. I did like pokemon when I was younger, but I don't know if that counts...

9 years ago

It counts.

9 years ago

Okay. Well I'm (ashamed?) to say this, but I liked pokemon.

9 years ago

Still play Pokemon to this day... I still haven't caught 'em all.

9 years ago

Neither. I would cheat of my friend, who finished the games several times, and she would give me level 100 pokemon when I got stuck and was too lazy to level. 

9 years ago

I had a level 96 blaziken (All from leveling) on Pokemon X, but then I restarted the game :(

9 years ago

Aww. That's oretty cool. I had a level 100 Dialga I hatched, and still do. Just haven't been on in a while. I'm pretty sure I finished the game though.

9 years ago

I had a level 100 Lucario from leveling...  I had to stop when I started to have sexual fantasies about it... 

9 years ago

Okay....

9 years ago

Lol.

9 years ago

The strange thing is, it's just a game, and now I'm feeling sad jsut thinking of him... I shall miss you, Sir Blaziken.

9 years ago

I saw that. And yeah, I get that feeling on some games. 

9 years ago

YOU DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING!

*Throws smoke bomb and disappears*

Actually, I just moved like 3 feet.

9 years ago

How cool. I'm still in bed.

9 years ago

*Peeks in door* What the hell is Chris doing in your bedroom, again?

9 years ago

How could I forget about Pokemon? I love Pokemon!

9 years ago

I had a few of the games. I really wanted the new ones that just came out, but they don't work with my ds...

9 years ago

I'm glad you people like it. Usually my friends are like, that's so weird and stuff.

9 years ago

Mortal Kombat is fun, and toribash is really fun, although I'm not sure if any of you have played it. And of course super smash bros brawl.

9 years ago

Isn't Toribash an indie game? If so I've heard of it but never played it.

9 years ago

Yeah, it is. It's a pretty fun game to relieve stress, even though it's a major pain in the ass to learn how to do moves.

9 years ago

It's essentially learning how to plan ahead and cranking up your mouse sensitivity so you can actually move fast enough.  Was pretty fun in the beginning, but the time constraint and the pause-play system was a little more than just a turn-off.

9 years ago

I just play it every now and again for a laugh. I never play it because I want to, it's just a part of my schedule.

9 years ago

Mortal Kombat has to be mine.

9 years ago

I would say Zelda, because that game RULED for 13 years, but it definitely lost its charm at Skyward Sword, and the new Dynasty Warriors version is a storyline-poor insult to the franchise. Almost as bad as Link's Crossbow Training.

I would say Elder Scrolls, because that game was THE BOMB, and it just kept getting better and better up until ESO, which made the series' overall quality drop down to 'Doom 3' level. (Not very good, for those of you who were about to spend the $40 in order to find out.)

I would say Doom, but Doom 3 lowered the series' overall quality to "Alone in the Dark" level. (The first one was the ONLY one worth playing.)

I would say Silent Hill, but it's had so many more downs than ups that I don't even know if it could be called mediocre anymore. (However, the fact that Guillermo del Toro and the guy who made that ghosty anime about spirals are working on the PS4 one is making me MUCHO HOPEFUL.)

There's Mario, but it's the same fucking game over and over again.

There's Earthbound, but the fandom never shuts up, and that ruined the game for me.

There's Metroid, but Other M , as well as the Deviantart Fan artkilled Samus permanently.

There's Fallout, but it leaves me wanting to play Skyrim after prolonged exposure.

There's Duke Nukem, but he's a misogynistic fuck whose jokes get less and less funny with every playthrough.

There's Wolfenstein, but the sheer mediocrity of the Xbox 360 reboot seriously detracted from the rest of the series, no matter how awesome it was

There's Monkey Island, but adventure games are kinda meh...

There's the Sims, but 3 is the only one worth playing.

There's Goldeneye, but GODDAMMIT ODDJOB!

Really, the only series that's consistently pleased me and didn't die horribly with age are the two Space Funeral games. Get them. Now.

9 years ago
  1. Fallout
  2. Dragon Age
  3. Elder Scrolls
  4. Tekken
  5. Walking Dead (or any Telltale game series)

Special Mentions:

Mass Erect, Mass Effect, Mortal Kombat, Fable (got progressively worse), Splinter Cell, Any Tom Clancy game.

9 years ago

As I said before, wise men think alike

9 years ago

"Mass Erect, Mass Effect, Mortal Kombat, Fable (got progressively worse), Splinter Cell, Any Tom Clancy game."

"Mass Erect"

Waiiiiiiit a second.

9 years ago

Persona

Dragon Age

Fallout

Elder Scrolls

Danganronpa

Monkey Island

Tex Murphy

Gabriel Knight

Pokemon

Professor Layton

Ace Attorney

Zero Escape

Higurashi

9 years ago

Again, wise men think alike. And you have to love Ace Attorney. You just have to.

9 years ago
I tend to like Bioware games. Final Fantasy will always have a spot in my heart, even if it has turned to shit.

9 years ago

Final Fantasy 15? More like Final Hallway 15!

9 years ago

Ratchet & Clank was a fun one growing up that and Sly Cooper. Love the Fallout and Elder Scrolls, Assassins Creed has been fun, but I kind of feel like it should end though. I have been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition and liking it, might play the other games later.

9 years ago

Aw man, R&C and Assassin's Creed were my jam growing up :)

9 years ago

I liked the assassin's creed series but it went to shit when ac 3 but black flag redeemed It then ac unity came out then there was no hope 

9 years ago

Yeah, I haven't bothered with the new ones. I used to play the old PS2/PSP titles a lot, though

9 years ago

I don't want assassins creed to end yet, I feel as if they can redeem themselves if the next one is good. Unity seemed like it could have been good, but as if it was rushed. They need to stop making a new game every year.

9 years ago

I like Unity, but I hated 3 and Black Flag. It sort of ended after Brotherhood for me, (You just can't beat playing as the blacksmith or doctor.) and then picked up when I realized I could use all sorts of crazy-ass weapons and play with my bros.

9 years ago

Unity is great, black flag fucking rocks don't talk shit about pirate assasin. >:(

Unity is hilarious since you can use these big ass swords and still act like an Assasin. XD 

9 years ago

The Pirate assassin is great, but I would've liked old-fashioned cityscape parkour-ninja assassin with boating as a hobby to get between big cities and stuff better (Definitely NOT as De-emphasized as AC 3, though.) than Blonde-Quixote the romanticized swashbuckler with a penchant for honorable murder. He reminded me too much of Marvel Cinema's Thor, without the ambiguously English accent.

Unity would have fit better if they abandoned their "Be historically accurate!" motif and just went wild with the steampunk. And preferably in a better place then the Frenchy rebellion. Honestly, it would've been a helluva lot better-placed in a hyper steampunked Lousiana, or somewhere full of islands and swamps. You could have all the pimped-out French-speakers and whatnot, and all the boating and pirating you could possibly want. Hell, maybe even an airship. And then you could have all sorts of awesome steampunk shit in the weapons and customization.

But, I guess I'll have to settle for Black-And-Yellow Altair with a fucking battleaxe until then.

9 years ago

Welsh dammit! XD The pirate stuff is what made the game great, imo. I mean, you can only have so much random brutal murders before it gets boring, but you can never get bored of taking on a Man of War, or ramming a gunboat and having it explode into a million tiny little pieces. 

They shouldn't have abandoned the boat stuff in Unity. Boat stuff>everything. (which is why I'm pissed Unity is on Xbox1 and Rogue isn't. angry)

9 years ago

They might have boat stuff in the DLC or something, you don't spend years developing an addon engine for something that you use shittily in one game and over-saturate in the other, right? I mean, not unless you're the Legend of Zelda series, which pulls a new over-saturated mechanic out of their ass with every other game. But it's not so bad, we have crescent axes in Unity!

9 years ago

Boat stuff is always good. More boat=More good. (I'm 100% serious)

And a giant viking sword.

9 years ago

Meh, the boat was fun, but I liked playing the normal AC until I started looking for routes up the walls of buildings when going for my morning walk. Though now I'm starting to wonder whether I'd rather it be a starship simulator with Space Assassins in a colonized asteroid archipelago...

9 years ago

I'm a pirate fanboy, so it's in my nature to absolutely adore anything related to pirates. And the MC was badass and not even a assasin, Blackbeard was kickass, etc. Pirates>all things

Fool, pirates in the carribean kick the ass of any pansy space ship twerp.

9 years ago

Carribean pirates murder a steampunk time-traveler and hijack his device, travelling between up to 20 timelines and becoming Carribean Space Pirates with Zweihanders and laser beams?

9 years ago

I can get behind that. Don't forget Mecha Blackbeard tho

9 years ago

Mecha Blackbeard's boat is a giant wooden transformer, of course.

9 years ago

duh. 

9 years ago

D'aw, screw the whole "Stealthy Assassin" theme, your boats should turn into tanks/clockpunk robots when you run them aground!

And of course you should be able to play as alien races (Namely whatever that cauliflower-headed Jazz Band from Star Wars was) with those alternate Animus Character things.

9 years ago

Stealthy assasin left when you started playing as an assasin. XD

Nah, aliens suck ass. Only Pirates 

9 years ago

But they could be alien pirates!... And besides, nobody's really meant to like some of the Animi things they throw in there, they just want to show that they have a shit ton of options. Can't say I wouldn't want to play as Guybrush either...

Of course, they have to reveal that the Templars worship Azathoth and Nyarlathoetep has been running the AC and feeding off the sould of contracts until he woke up, leading to a massive, reality-breaking Lovecraft God battle, and the on-ship kraken-fight to end all on-ship kraken fights. Something that would blow Clash of the Titans and Pirates of the Caribbean out of the water.

9 years ago

Sounds perfect. Giant Kraken Pirate mech boats

9 years ago

And Space-bounty-hunting and sky-piratism, and giant fucking viking swords and battle-axes.

9 years ago

YES

9 years ago

Most of the video game series I've been into have been turn based strategy games or RPGs.

RPGs

1. Fallout
2. Geneforge
3. Avernum (AKA Exile)
4. Elder Scrolls
5. Baldur's Gate

Honorable mention: Icewind Dale (Oddly, I probably liked it better than Baldur's Gate in some ways, but I didn't care for the second game in the series as much whereas I liked the BG trilogy pretty evenly)

Turn Based Strategy

1. Civilization
2. Age of Wonders
3. Heroes of Might & Magic
4. Masters of Orion
5. X-Com

Honorable mention: Warlords (Though I feel Battle for Wesnoth is the spiritual successor of it)

9 years ago

Oh I liked heroes of might & magic.  And master of Orion.  2 was prolly my fave.

9 years ago

What about Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura?

9 years ago

Well yeah, I would've mentioned Arcanum AND Planescape: Torment, but we were supposed to list favorite video game series and those only had 1 game.

Arcanum was supposed to have a sequel, but it was only ever in the concept stages. I think you were going to journey to the center of the world in it.

9 years ago
Mine is the Battlefield series. The online scale was (is) unparalled and the iconic BATTLEFIELD MOMENTS...good ol' days. I am also a sucker for the Hitman and Splinter Cell games.

I tried Skyrim but it disappointed me. The checklist gameplay wasn't my cup o tea. Though, contrary to popu opinion, I think the combat was quite good. I also tried Morrowind but it was...boring. Even more than Skyrim. Was never a fan of Fallout series but I still liked New Vegas. The decisions you made actually mattered unlike Skyrim. But the horrible performance killed it for me.

For those on old java mobiles I remember a game called Gothic 3 the beginning. It was like 400 kB and quite a nice open world experience.

9 years ago
Battlefield has also gone to shit unfortunately. BF4 was terrible and I've heard a lot of bad stuff about hardline.

9 years ago
Half Life

Halo

Elder Scrolls

Final Fantasy

Pokémon

Legend of Zelda

Saints Row

Assassin's Creed

9 years ago

One of those is my favorite game of all time.

9 years ago

Elder Scrolls, Witcher, Mount and Blade

9 years ago

Cool games.

9 years ago

Team Fuckin' Fortress 2 all the way.

Followed very closely by the Mass Effect series.

9 years ago

Meet 'N drink coffee in my car , that guy sure was dedicated. I thin he went pay2play lie a year or 2 ago. Can't blame him, he deserves it. 

9 years ago

I thought the Meet 'N Fuck series was an erotic almost-hentai series on Newbgrounds? Is there now some sort of sex MMO I'm missing out on?

9 years ago

Oh, I remember those games!  They were surprisingly okay for free Newgrounds stuff.

9 years ago

I never bothered to play those games because I'm not really interested in that kind of game. I did play through that Zelda simdate, because it seemed remotely humorous... I don't feel like they got any of the characters right, though, really, but Simdate makers aren't known for their literary talent so much as they're known for their taste in pictures of naked animes.

9 years ago

They were/are pure hentai. And they still are great.

9 years ago

Maybe to you, but if it's pay-to-play, then I'm sure as hell not going to shell out real money to try out a high-quality version of something that I never was into in the first place. What in the hell made them great anyway?

9 years ago

What gave you the impression that I played the newer ones? And what made them so great is that they sucked they way the should.

9 years ago

The newer ones? I was asking you what made any of them great at all. What gave you the impression that I asked if you did? The old ones aren't P2P? And are you saying that it's a dick-sucking simulator, (Which, IMHO, wouldn't be worth it unless it comes with hardware that literally sucks your dick.) or was it in a "So bad that it's hilarious and ends up being great!" kind of way?

9 years ago

The older ones were free and still are on Newgrounds. The way you mentioned the p2p ones made it seem like I played them. Meh, it's not  really a dick sucking simulation, though there is one out there, you play as a college girl trying to raise funds for studying and have to go through the glory hole, you can even upgrade your stats. 

And it can also be sort of funny but probably not on purpose. It does have 2 awesome parodies though that are funny.

9 years ago

But why are they actually good? It's not that funny, and it's not really a DS sim, so what's the quality of it? Is it just because he managed to find/draw sexier animes than everyone else?

9 years ago

Yup, It's a porn game ffs.

9 years ago

Shame, I thought there might have been an actual reason to play them...

9 years ago

Mass Effect, except the third. The gameplay is kind of clunky and irritating on the third. 

9 years ago

Half Life was better.

9 years ago

If we compared every game to Half Life, every game would feel shitty. 

9 years ago

Not if those games were Pathologic or Space Funeral. They'd be much too stoned to care.

9 years ago

That's a tough one. I'll have to choose between The Elder Scrolls and Mass Effect

Imma choose TES, because of Mass Effect 3's ending.