Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

I just want to talk about tv shows...

8 years ago

I don't care what show it is, I just really want to talk with people who watches a lot of tv/netflix.

8 years ago

Um, how about Steven Universe or Rick and Morty?

8 years ago

Don't care at all? XD 

Now I kinda wanna see a discussion between two ppl who,watch different shows.  Like you're discussing the same show, but one of you is talking about Steven universe, and the other is referring to real housewives. 

Or maybe we're not talking about the show itself, maybe we're talking about being the kind if ppl who watch a lot of Netflix?

Right now it feels like so many ppl I know say "oh I don't watch much television" or "oh, I don't have time to watch a lot of TV."  But they've all seen a dozen recent shows.  Hipstercrits. 

8 years ago

Haha... I'd kind of like to see that, too. I'm not really sure what would result from that, but it'd be funny.

8 years ago

So, I saw an episode of Shadow Hunters the other day. It's kinda like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but with every last bit of enjoyability sucked right out of it.

8 years ago

Hahaha XD.   The whole reason that author got famous enough to get that series published was an HP fanfic she did that plagiarized Buffy (and a lot of other series)

8 years ago

I didn't know that, but I had rather strong doubts about the creator's originality.

8 years ago

Maybe there could be some T.V contest where we have to make a storygame(in a limited time frame) that has the plot/aspect of two T.V shows, but they must be different genre. That would be a bloodbath XD

8 years ago

I'd talk more about Mad Men, but I'm only half way through the 5th season so far.

With how I used to hear that Don Draper was this complete dick to everyone, I was expecting him to be way worse.

If anything he's fairly mild compared to some of the other characters.

8 years ago

All the crappy horror movies (sharknado, huge ass spider etc.) I watch with my schoolmates at midnight make a good comedy.

8 years ago

I was skimming through Netflix and the first three movies were: Sharknado 3, Three-headed shark attack, and Mecha Shark vs. Mega Shark 3.

Netflix sure does like sharks and threes.

8 years ago

I got around to watching Heros.

I mean it was that are trying to get back to lost.

8 years ago

Only the First season of Heroes is decent.

8 years ago

Why do they rid of the original cast.

8 years ago
The only show I've watched recently is Galavant, which a friend recommended. It was fantastic. If you haven't seen it yet, you absolutely should. It's two whole seasons of lampshade hanging and fourth-wall breaking humor. Except made even better because everyone randomly bursts into song.

8 years ago

I have...a dragon!

8 years ago
House of cards season 4 so far is fucking awesome. I'm up to episode 6 and my god - episode 4 made me scream.

8 years ago

I've watched a lot of Breaking Bad. It was pretty ok.

8 years ago

I'm looking forward to the next season of Game of Thrones.

8 years ago

They're going to have more of the Greyjoy family again. Wish we got that last year instead of all that Dorne nonsense.

Hoping at least one of the Boltons survives this season. I'd like both of them to survive, but that's probably even less likely than only one surviving.

8 years ago

Definitely looking forward to seeing more Ramsay.

8 years ago

*Definitely looking forward to seeing Ramsay dying. There, fixed it for ya!

Something tells me that he might die by the end of the season...

8 years ago

Never seen it.

8 years ago

... then why comment on this? My beef discussion was with iqqih, or anyone who can comment of Game of Thrones.

8 years ago

I keep changing factions. I was first behind the Lannisters, then the Boltons, now I’m rooting for the Night King.

Ramsay's still pretty entertaining though.

8 years ago

Really?  You don't find him one-dimensional? 

8 years ago

Ramsay or the Night King? I guess they both qualify, but I'm guessing you're talking about Ramsay.

There's more than enough characters in that show that have the whole complex gray morality thing going on, so a few one dimensional characters don't really hurt the show.

I know I mentioned this in some long forgotten thread, but sometimes I appreciate a villain that just gets on with it without the angst.

I don't really need him to struggle with the inner morality of why he's doing something bad. It's either something that is serving a purpose to accomplish the goals, or he's just doing it because he can, he's enjoying it and there is no real deeper reason other than that.

Plus I'd argue there are a few glimmers of the occasional human side to him which make him less one-dimensional. Though in a twisted way (Wanting his dad's approval by excessively flaying a number of folks, thinking he's following in his footsteps, his Joker/Harleyquinn relationship with Miranda, getting insecure/agitated when he thinks he's potentially losing face, treating Theon like a "treasured pet" etc) but that's about the best you're going to get with someone like Ramsay.

It also helps that the actor playing Ramsay is doing a good job with the character (Well I think he is anyway) and he has funny dialog.

8 years ago

How about Fuller House or The Fosters?

8 years ago

Oh, I saw the Fuller House. My sister is going flip about it. She is only nine years old, but my grandma showed her Full House and  she instantly started watching it. So, as a result my sister is so excited for Fuller House.

8 years ago

Haha I love the show and I know where your sister is coming from even though she's 9 and I'm 17 and I grew up on that show!  I still love uncle Jesse! And Kimmy is still her dim witted self!

8 years ago

Lol. Girls ;)

My sister really has only watched Full House lately. Not really the new ones. I don't understand how she can watch episode after episode of it, but then again she is my "baby" sister.

8 years ago

Lol it's because of the story line and everything, it's hard to explain but it is a really good show!

8 years ago

The Walking Dead is my favorite TV show. The actors play their roles amazingly. 

8 years ago

I haven't seen much of it, although I wish I can see more. I guess I really never take the time to :(

8 years ago

But why do they keep giving father Gabriel the baby? 

8 years ago

I'd say Father Gabriel has more than proved himself. He  summarily executed a motherfucker. 

8 years ago

I pretty much haven't touched the tv in three years, but my favourite show has always been Mythbusters :)

8 years ago

Deadliest Warrior is pretty high up there, as far as utter bullshit goes, but it's still fun to watch anyway.