Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Walking Dead Season 6 Finale

8 years ago
I just have to say, that was the outright laziest, cop-out, piece of garbage ending to any creative work ever. Such great set-up and tension, and they just pour it all down the drain. It disappoints me so much, I cannot even muster a proper rant.

So once more, I'll just let Vegeta take over for me.

8 years ago

The only thing i can say about ghe finale is meh...

8 years ago

Ignore this post.

8 years ago
I am inconsolable. That ending... so much potential... all down the drain. I don't know whether to call it a ratings grab or lazy writing, probably both.

:/

8 years ago

Oops. i misspelled "the".

8 years ago

Words fail me. I don't know how to describe how furious I am at this show, but I'm sure going to try. 

Fuck the Walking Dead, fuck this show, and fuck whoever greenlit this script. I've followed the Walking Dead since before I could be considered an adolescent (six years ago). I've always loved this show, which is why this episode is like a gunshot to the stomach. This was the most awful, dogshit piece of  scumfuck degeneracy I've ever had to watch. It had all the makings of a great episode, but then they went and ruined it with that bullshit  cliffhanger. It feels like buying a $70 dollar game and it containing  microtransactions. It feels like walking in on your parents during an intimate moment. It feels like sitting on a twelve inch girth without lubricant. It feels like signing onto CYS to see a thread by at the MasonJarGuzzi  top. It feels like remembering that time in eighth grade when you decided to reference memes in real life. 

The episode was pure dogshit. It was literally just them driving to an RV. How many unecessary checkpoints did they go to? Three? It was so fucking stupid. I'd much rather them cut out one of the ambushes and actually show us what happened. But noooooOOOOooo. They have to do what they did last season, and the season before that, and the season before that. Honestly, I think the only way this show stays afloat is because of this shitty-ass cliffhangers; we would realize it's absolute dog cum  if they didn't keep us hooked through all these lazy fucking plot devices. 

Honestly, this was the equivalent of a zombie-gut arrow to the back. 

Fuck you, AMC. 

8 years ago
I just keep playing the Vegeta rant over and over. It's not helping much.

I loved the series before tonight... but this really took the wind out of my sails. If this is how they're going to repay the fan-base, I'm not sure it's worth watching anymore. Whoever bought the farm deserved a better exit than that.

8 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg   watch this while imaging your strangleing the person who wrote this script.

8 years ago

Hah! That's what you "TV TWD fans" get! Fuck the show! Comics ftw!

8 years ago

This is why I love Game of Thrones. For the most part when someone is about to die, they show you right then and there. They don't kept it hidden and make you wait till the next episode or season.  

Every time they got to a different roadblock it just got scarier and scarier. We knew what was about to happen with Negan showing, but the group thought they were looking for someone else. They kept letting them pass. Then they got to the blockade of walkers and saw their friend's belongings.They were starting to get scared finally and decided to venture on foot.  Then the walk through the woods, seeing the army of men, the group realizing there was nowhere left to hide... That was the best part. All that tension, anxiety, anticipation. Everything leading up to it was great (by this time, the Carol/Morgan scenes were over). The eenie meenie miney moe got my heart beating like crazy. I was expecting a shocking moment that people would be discussing for weeks kind of like the Red Wedding. Someone would get hit, people would be screaming, then they would finally show their faces of everyone and we would see who was missing, then the credits would roll. People would maybe  scream, cry, or their mouths would be wide open. Then to have it end like that...the writers are really stupid and think they're really smart.

I just don't see how they can get the tension back that was built in the finale (keyword being finale. that moment was meant for a finale, not a season opener). That kind of tension worked well at the END of the episode.

8 years ago
Nailed it. I was ready to call it the best episode the show had to date, but that ending made it the worst.

Now I'm free to focus on the absurdity of it all. How exactly did the Saviors know the gang would be going to the Hilltop? They didn't even know anything was wrong with Glenn, Daryl, Rosita and Michonne. How exactly did the master hunter/tracker Daryl get ambushed twice in as many episodes? How does Eugene get caught the instant he kicks the others off the bus? How do the Saviors know the route the gang is taking through the woods? It's not like it's a small area. How did they set up all those elaborate road blocks in the day between capturing the foursome and Rick's crew heading out with a sick Maggie?

They must employ wizards.

8 years ago

Well those whistle tactics were pretty off the whiz.

8 years ago

Wow.  Exactly what I was thinking.  Despite all the implausibilites, it was doing a great job ramping up the tension-- and then it just. . . didn't even fizzle, it did nothing. 

8 years ago
I didn't watch Talking Dead, but I heard they were trying so hard to justify the ending. And poor Chris Hardwick was stuck trying to do damage control. I really don't think they even know who they killed yet.

8 years ago

I dunno, people were sort of pissed last season of Game of Thrones because they didn’t show Brienne killing Stannis. Though word of the director says he’s dead.

Since Negan directly kills Glen in the comics the main thought is they’re going to kill him. Though they could easily kill off Abraham since he’s already dead at this point in the comics as well.

I’d be surprised if they kill Daryl, he’s too popular with everyone. Though I never saw the big deal with him.

But whoever it is, they took it like a champ.

8 years ago

The real victim here is the cameraman. 

8 years ago

Yeah...Glen's dead...again.

8 years ago

What if they kill rick's son? 

8 years ago
Carl has plot armor. They can't kill him or Rick.

8 years ago

What about maggie? 

8 years ago
She has a huge role coming up if they follow the comics. It's probably Glenn or Abraham.

8 years ago

Didn’t Negan specifically say he’s taking it like a champ?

8 years ago
I thought this at first too, but he says something more along the lines of "Damn, taking it like a champ!".

Still has to be a guy since you'd never use the phrase for a girl though, lol.

8 years ago
Pretty sure he said something more generic.

During the episode, I was starting to wonder if they'd go for the huge shock of offing the pregnant lady and giving her roll to Glenn. I think that would have been stupid, since Glenn doesn't really seem to fit that role very well. But I never considered Maggie much of a grand leader either.

At this point though, I'd be surprised if it's not Glenn or Abraham. Such wasted potential.

8 years ago

Seemed weird seeing Negan and him not saying fuck every other word in any case.

8 years ago

"wow, his big intro is . . . saying pee-pee pants?"

8 years ago

He actually does say the pee pee pants line though.

I’d say they probably copied most of his dialog word for word, they just cut out all the times he says “fuck” in-between.

They changed up his dialog where he’s picking who to kill too since he leans on the 4th wall a bit in the comic.

8 years ago
God Save the FCC and her fascist regime

8 years ago

Well, we all know Glen's dead.

8 years ago

Glen's not Dead

Daryl's not Dead

8 years ago

Nope. Glen's as dead as a jar of dead things.

8 years ago

yay i didnt watch the last episode and someone said daryl died

8 years ago

I loved how Trevor from GTA V was in it. Sounds like him, and acts just like him. What did you expect for a season finale? Of course it will be a cliff hanger, I bet you are going to watch the 7th season to know who it is.

8 years ago
@malkalack and I will probably just read the spoilers online in mid June. And season ending episodes don't have to be cliff hangers. In most forms of media, they're executed poorly and represent lackluster writing.

8 years ago

Exactly. It's not as if you can keep something a secret when you film almost exclusively in a populated suburb. 

8 years ago

Well I expected the cliff hanger, and thought that it was written really well, with a more mellow episode that got more intense throughout. Trevor though was what made we REALLY like it because he acts the same. What did you expect the season finale to be? Just that they got Maggie to a doctor, find out what's wrong, and then "the end"? There's no action in that, what they had was really good.

8 years ago
Even if they showed who died, it still would have been a cliffhanger, because we have no idea what's going to happen after.

8 years ago

Rick will flip, and after they let them go to 'work for them' and take half their weapons, Rick will find some way to kill them all.

7 years ago

Finnaly!!its over ive been waiting for this 

7 years ago

You never know what it might bring