Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

For the Order!

6 years ago

I recently found out that some people seem to have been placed in Orders, I also happen to be in one apparently and was wondering if anyone knew what these were about?  It certainly is very cool, I just have no clue what it is supposed to be.

For the Order!

6 years ago

Thanks for the link WouldntItBeNice

For the Order!

6 years ago

'265 Commendations for Architects
181 Commendations for Marauders
913 Commendations for Sages
275 Commendations for Wardens'
- About Us page

Four orders, unique 'titles' for the higher ups (title names are dependant on the order). Basically you get a random order and you can collect commendations as a group, but as you can see Sages are so far ahead it hardly matters.

I agree about it being very cool, maybe someone else has more information they would like to share, but hopefully this gives you some idea.

TL;DR
Sorta four accounts that collect commendations from their members rather than xp. So no real purpose, but pretty neat. You get put in a random order.

P.S.
Pretty sure it has something to do with how usernames are displayed on the forums as well, but don't remember the details.

For the Order!

6 years ago
Sages are nothing.

The Wardens are biding their time.

Our time will come.

For the Order!

6 years ago

I think Zake is determined to raise the architects one point at a time with his writing advice.

For the Order!

6 years ago

My ploy has been uncovered.

On that note, I think the best way to rack up commendations is by getting featured comments. However if a person is clever enough, writing heaps of articles (10 commendations for each one if I recall correctly), would also work, possibly better.

It is also worth mentioning that if a person doesn't take forever to write storygames, pumping them out could also work. This is because how many commendations you get varies, yet it is also precisely for this reason that it is hard to say that storygames are the best way to rack up commendations (with certainty at least).
Someone should pump out a bunch of good storygames to help me figure this out...

TL;DR
Hopefully no one in the other orders gets any commendations for a few years, then Architects will be on top!
Also it seems the best way to rack up commendations depends on the person... huh.

For the Order!

6 years ago

That's what they all say.

For the Order!

6 years ago
Every king falters and crumbles eventually. Entropy is inevitable.

For the Order!

6 years ago

Can't argue with that, but with my commendation amount I don't think that will happen for a while.

For the Order!

6 years ago

We'll see.

For the Order!

6 years ago

Basically it was supposed to give folks more incentive to contribute to the site in meaningful ways such as writing, giving writing advice, making recommendations, etc.

You got commendations for these actions and it was also like a mini-game competition between the 4 orders so the contributions would be an ongoing cycle.

It probably would have worked better if all the more active people hadn't fallen into the Sage Order. As a result they tended to get the most comms and then two Sages in particular started competing with each other for personal glory so the Sages now have a lead that makes it nearly pointless to even bother.

Comms are still given out though of course since people are still contributing to the site, but it isn't really a competition anymore since most tend to be Sages for whatever reason.

You can't change orders so what you joined with is what you got. JJJ said in the future he might switch a few people around if they want to change their order, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

For the Order!

6 years ago
I would be so much more motivated if I were a Marauder.

For the Order!

6 years ago

Thanks everybody, I like this idea although it seems the Sages are kinda overdoing it.  EndMaster, there probably should be more people on this site leaving comments and writing posts and what not.  It seems like its always the same people, and far less so then a couple years ago.  From your explanation it seems like this will offer some incentive....hopefully xD.

And Mizal, yes, Marauders for the win!

For the Order!

6 years ago

I was a sage at first. Had to come assist this side, but I'm fighting a losing battle.

For the Order!

6 years ago

Hopefully you can contribute to a Marauder comeback.

For the Order!

6 years ago
I could probably use a refresher in how the Most Commended bonus works, because I notice Berka get a lot of those things without really commending himself that often. Does it carry over from one day to the next if no one beats you?

For the Order!

6 years ago

Whoever has the most points gets most commended if nobody got any commendations that day.

For the Order!

6 years ago

For whatever reason if nobody gets any comms, it defaults to Berka and his name gets bolded and he gets the title.

It was like that even when JJJ first implimented the system and I guess he never really fixed it.

For the Order!

6 years ago
IIRC it defaults to the person with the most points or posts or something when there's a tie between 2+ people who got commendations. None for the day means everyone ties at 0 and thus Berka, with his high stats, gets the bold name.

For the Order!

6 years ago

Oh no, it looks like Russia has hacked CYS so that Berka gets the bold name everytime lol