Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

Multiple spoilers below for this game, all are basically hidden so it should be fine to read this.

Well, I just finished Hello Charlotte alllll the way from Episode 1, since someone told me Episode 3 was about to come out and I wanted the knowledge to be fresh in my mind and all that. 

Now I'm going to be honest here, I never actually finished Episode 2 of Hello Charlotte. I got the first ending where Charlotte commits suicide with the false god. Honestly, that ending was sad. And that's the "happiest" ending. That's literally what the game said, and if that was the happiest ending oooh boy. Didn't want to do the others. But I was really curious about how the rest of the plot was, because the happiest ending was also the one where you're most ignorant, so there's a lot of unanswered questions about everything.

Well. I ended up playing for all the endings due to curiosity. And this. I'm going to say that this game is not the type where you should get all the endings in one sitting cause I'm still crying about these.

The black ending might be my favorite though since Charlotte finally accepts Frei and all these warm fuzzies happen as she basically dies. The other ending is one where after she destroys her world she ends up going to sleep, and the last one ended up with her going with the Umbrella Man and learning about being a god..and I chose Seth giving his name away for a chance. Ooh boy.

Anyways. I loved the game. Endings were horribly heartwrenching and episode 3 needs to come out sooner.

Anyone else have a good video game with a really sad ending (that just basically didn't really come out of nowhere but you still feel like your feelings were just punched by the hulk >.>)?

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

Corpse Party can be pretty sad, though it is more disturbing than anything.

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

Hello Charlotte is pretty disturbing too :P

I haven't played many of the corpse party games TBH.

I have them all, but playing them is another matter x'D

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago
LISA gives you that punched in the feelings feeling for most of its play time. There's a lot of dark humor but not enough to really soften it when it goes for the kill.

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

Lisa the Joyful was anything but joyful x'D

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

Not really worth all the bullshit, though.

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

The Walking Dead Telltale games, Life Is Strange, The Last of Us, and Heavy Rain are all pretty sad.

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

Heavy rain omg. I still remember that one.

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

My criticism of the game is that it is too emotional exhausting, with constant despair.

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

Yup >~<

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

Press X to JASON!

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

The Last of Us was one of my favorite games, and I LOVE IT. (I'm trying hard not to put caps on everything.) I played it some time ago, and it was really amazing. It was a bit difficult, but I loved it overall, and it scared me at some points. ;w; 

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

Spec Ops: The Line was pretty sad.

#WarCrimes

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

All the Danganronpa games have crushed my soul at multiple points, though I suppose that should be expected when the main theme is despair.

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

I just kind of wished that it would be more hardcore, after the first death it kind of took a lighthearted tone with the deaths, which took the fun out of it, for me at least.

Gundham :(

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

Yes. Lots of yes.

Everyone you like will die. ;~;

And I even felt bad for Celeste. 

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

Must say that V3 was an even more mind blowing experience.

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

Planescape Torment had a pretty downer ending, but that’s partially too because I liked the story so much I wanted to keep playing.

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

Oh oh oh I know that one! I think. That was a long, long time ago x'D

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

End is going to call me an SJW, but Gone Home was kinda sad. Can't really explain why without spoiling it ofc 

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

Never played it, all I know is it's a lesbian simulator and Axiom just kept going on that it was a shitty game.

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

Axiom's a cunt who hates love 

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

I know they're making (made) a sequel to Last of Us, but you know what would have really caused the rage and/or tears of millions?

If they used the ending where if you fuck up during the Firefly escape and they take Ellie away from Joel and the soldiers kick him to the floor while he's screaming her name just before you see them blow his brains out as the real ending.

That's it, they use Ellie for the cure, Joel gets his head blasted, cut to black and then credits.

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

A good 'ol head-blasting will always create a certain memorable shock value.

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

End, I was already sad after beating The Last Of Us. Thanks for making me feel even more depressed. x'D 

This reminds me of how many times I fucked up when I played that game. 

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

Is anyone a fan of horror? Like Alien Isolation, Dead Space, Resident Evil etc.. 

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

I can never feel scared with a gun, so if I'm honest Dead Space and Resident Evil never scared me x'D

But yes, I'm a horror fan.

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

In Alien Isolation, your gun does fuckall against the actual threat. The only thing you can kill are other people (who are easily dispatched by siccing the alien on them), and the Working Joes, who are slow, easily-evaded retards. 

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

That's why I didn't mention Alien Isolation, and only RE and Dead Space :P

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

Alien Isolation was pretty tense, and the first Outlast as well. Horror is a fun genre, but it's getting harder and harder to scare me as I get older.

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

I know a bunch of psychological horror-style games that'll keep you on the edge of your seat and very tense ^-^ especially when the music stops.

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

Sometimes when it takes me by surprise, I get the shit scared out of me. Like one time there was this annoying kid who kept on following me in school since they were in most of my classes, and they kept on trying scaring me, and then I kicked him in the dick, and he glares at me till this day. Aaah, when I was my youthful self. 

Alien Isolation used to be good, but it isn't that great anymore.. Ooh! Visage is a good horror game as well. :p 

Sad Video Games?

6 years ago

Katawa shoujo and the daughter death in Clannad was tear jerking, parts of steins gate too. Another visual novel where everyone was stuck underwater and waiting to die, name slips my tongue.

Red Dead too, as I thought it was just going to become a farming simulator endgame, in which it wasn't and I didn't see it coming.