Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Breaking News

5 years ago

A newspaper clipping from the Yorkshire Warbler, 24 July 2018

DavidG Has Birthday

In an unexpected move, CYS reprobate DavidG celebrated another birthday earlier today, the Yorkshire Warbler can report.

“I’m very disappointed in David’s decision to grow another year older,” anti-aging activist Rupert Zimm said in a hastily-convened press conference.  “Doesn't he feel he’s had quite enough birthdays already?  Everybody knows accounts of ancient historical events properly belong in newspaper archives, outdated textbooks, and poorly-researched articles on Wikipedia, not in the memories of individuals who lived through them.  For shame, sir!”

A full report of the festivities accompanying this event can be found on Page Eight of this newspaper, as written by our very own intrepid reporter, Eliza Hark.  “Actually, my account may not be entirely accurate,” Ms. Hark admitted, having the good grace to look sheepish when summoned to the editor’s office.  “You see, I overslept and missed it all.  However, in keeping with the Warbler’s excellent maxim of ‘Whatever we don’t know, we just make up,’ I created a fictitious version which readers will doubtless find considerably more entertaining than the real events.”

Breaking News

5 years ago
This is clearly fake news trying to push some kind of agenda.

Breaking News

5 years ago

Happy birthday!

Breaking News

5 years ago

Thanks for the good wishes!

Breaking News

5 years ago
go to page 8

Breaking News

5 years ago
Don't worry though you'll stop aging soon; it comes at the point no more candles can be lit without summoning the fire department.

Breaking News

5 years ago

It drives it home when you go to the supermarket and realize there aren't enough birthday candles in the pack for your cake.

Breaking News

5 years ago
Don't those packs hold like 12 candles though?

Breaking News

5 years ago

Goteem.

Breaking News

5 years ago

Read as, "Go Team"

Breaking News

5 years ago

It's more of a "gaw-deem". It's a slur of "got him" popularized by this video:

https://youtu.be/5LlQNty_C8s

Breaking News

5 years ago
I read it gaw-dem for some reason...

Breaking News

5 years ago

So does my dad.

Breaking News

5 years ago

I know damn well what it is! XD

Breaking News

5 years ago

Oh, my apologies. I took you to be an old man, out of touch with the past years of meme culture.

Breaking News

5 years ago

I appreciate your being willing to educate me! lol

Breaking News

5 years ago

You are very welcome.

Breaking News

5 years ago

Mizal, are you sure? 'Cuz I'm 4,018 and I doubt the fire department is aware of my existence.

Breaking News

5 years ago

I can't find the link to turn to page eight. Should I report it as a bug?

Have you compared ages with Madglee? He goes on and on about being old as sin.

Breaking News

5 years ago
44 as of around mid may iirc

Breaking News

5 years ago
Page 8 not found.

Happy day!

Breaking News

5 years ago
I hope you’re slowly developing some sort of strange mixture between northern and American accents

Oh yeah, happy birthday by the way!

Breaking News

5 years ago

Every time I open my mouth people realize I'm from America, so they ask my whole story.  Of course, I have to explain it all, since politeness is obligatory here.

Breaking News

5 years ago
Politeness and emotional suppression are our way

Breaking News

5 years ago
Happy birthday! Here, enjoy this nice song! Yes, another song from Voltaire. People from Villain Lair probably heard enough of those, I'll stop torturing them now.

Breaking News

5 years ago
You can never have enough Voltaire.

Breaking News

5 years ago

Happy Birthday David! 

Breaking News

5 years ago

Thank you.  It was a nice day, although rather hot outside.