Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello! I'm new, nice to meet you all!

4 years ago

Hello! I've always been a huge fan of choose your own adventure stories and games, so I thought I would take a chance on the online variety. I hope to become a part of the community here and I look forward to reading new stories and talking to new people. Nice to meet you!

-Ramsay

4 years ago

Welcome to CYS RamsayReed. I hope you enjoy your time here. 

4 years ago

Always nice to see a newcomer like myself. Welcome RamsayReed. 

4 years ago
That raccoon needs to go on a diet.

4 years ago
It's not fat, it's just digesting its latest meal.

Better go check on the neighborhood kids to make sure none are missing...

4 years ago
Welcome to the site!

4 years ago

Welcome. I like the av.

4 years ago

@Cricket

look, a fat raccoon 

4 years ago
I love him so much. I'm not sure I'll even be able to bring myself to bully this guy.

4 years ago

Truly a spherical miracle. 

4 years ago

Hey! Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here and look forward to talking in the forums. Check out the help and info for helpful guides on writing your own games (if that is what you want to do).

4 years ago

Thanks! I've been reading up some of the guides to get a good sense of what to do for my first game. I'm hoping to not make a fool out of myself, we'll see how that goes. 

4 years ago

Take your time and make sure you have a complete story, then you will get honest feedback to improve. There is no rush to publish anything. You can even post a page or two in the "writing workshop" and ask for proofreading help, if you are nervous about it.

4 years ago
@RamsayReed

Didn't really take much note of this thread before, but with a review like that you're off to a great start! Keep at it and we can fast track you out of your noob status and let you enjoy all the benefits of citizenship here.

4 years ago

Welcome. :)

If you want another story to read, I shamelessly request you read "The Book of Vanishing Tales," since it only needs a couple more ratings to have it's rating start to be averaged - at least, I think that is how it works.

Also, the Best of 2019 contest is going on right now, and you can vote for your favorite story among those until the end of  February 2nd (just message mizal with your top one.)