Player Comments on Delve!

Hm, this storygame is interesting. I also think I couldn't have beat it without spamming alt + left. :)

I eventualy had some followers one of which survived to the very end (a healer for my rouge). The others all died (before the final boss actually). I also had baisically unlimited funds by the end.

The creatures were nice and reminded me of classac fantasy. It was pretty grindy, but I kept on going anyway. I figured out how to use the mechanics pretty well by the end, though I never was able to use my Rouge's Assasinate successfully making it useless to me.

My favorite aspect of this storygame was the humor. It added a nice touch and a smile to the grinding. I also never found an error in the scripting (of which I suspect there to be a sinful amount) besides the Asssinate ability (which I may have not used corectly).

Lastly, I personally saw a slant in the gear towards the Knight/fighter class. I constantly picked up weapons and armor that I hoped my companions or I could use, but the stupid fighter could only use it. :(

Anyway, I loved the storygame. It was a great few hours (that I should've spent writing). :)
-- WouldntItBeNice on 12/20/2017 4:51:53 PM with a score of 112775
Obviously, there's not much story since it's a dungeon crawler. But it's probably the best text-based rpg I've ever played! The level of detail that went into all the different weapons, armors, shields and items, plus the different classes and their ranks, is truly astounding! If you're looking for a really fun dungeon crawler that takes strategy and lasts quite a while, this game is for you. The icing on the cake: Even though there's not a lot of story, it can still be very lighthearted and humorous at times.

Note to author: I did find one broken weapon. It was a flail, found in a chest near the end of the game. It said it was a wizard weapon at the top of the description, but at the bottom the class limits were fighter/priest, and it couldn't be equipped by anyone in my party, despite having one of each class. Besides that, truly well done!
-- Glandros on 12/5/2017 12:22:16 AM with a score of 111301
I can barely begin to imagine the amount of work that would have had to go into just making the framework for all this. I wonder how many variables were used in total... not to mention the total scripts!

Further I should mention good writing isn't sacrificed for the sake of the game elements. It has both!

If you haven't tried this out yet, I highly encourage you to give it a shot. I will say that there is more clicking involved compared to the more story focused storygames, but that doesn't detract from the experience, and honestly, with this heavy use of the advance editor, it is to be expected.

Oh, also, did I mention there are pictures?
-- Zake on 10/10/2017 3:37:29 AM with a score of 0
Great fun hacking and slashing through many varied dungeon levels. Wry wit and humor as well. Easily addictive. Suggestions include seeing hit points current/total and perhaps a primer for mana spells.
-- Me on 10/13/2018 6:18:04 AM with a score of 105723
Amazingly engrossing hack and slash action. Bring your quarters as you are going to drop a bunch in this arcade.
-- Gymaert on 8/22/2018 6:09:34 PM with a score of 100261
TBH not the greatest. It's certainly unique, as it's not a Story but instead an "RPG" in text form. But the issue is that it seems to glitch a lot, as whenever I was in combat with a companion we would BOTH lose life even if there was only one enemy, only one enemy of multiple hit, or multiple enemies only targeted my character.
And then there's the absolute repetitiveness of it. It wouldn't be too bad if all the buttons were within the page without requiring any scrolling, but the images are so large that they do require scrolling.
Not to mention that enemies will A L W A Y S attack my character despite my being a low-HP mage and having someone in my party with over twice my HP, causing Game Overs far more often than they should. And then my comrade, despite having a weapon that statistically does more damage than my attack (according to how it's advertised to me), and he does less than half the damage than I do consistently.

Quite frankly, the only reason I'm rating it this highly is because of its uniqueness, despite the (in my opinion) poor execution.
-- TheSnowyBanana on 5/16/2018 11:27:16 PM with a score of 180
This is probably my favorite story on this website. I've played through it twice and I plan on going through it again. I wish there were more stories as fun as this one.
-- ultimatecody on 2/28/2018 9:50:06 AM with a score of 97896
Ah so wish to use this... why only dropped after final boss fight?
Your Supernal Dragon Scale Armor of Regeneration is worth 2000 Gold Pieces

+0 Instant Kill Bonus
+0 Find Gold Multiplier
+0 Find Items Bonus
+0 Extra Item Slots

Special: Fighter Only
-- TestingJest on 1/28/2018 10:46:37 PM with a score of 103991
Yeah, just gotta leave this message! Can you imagine the amount of time it takes to design and write a script for an awesome item like this one?
Your Assassins Elven Chain of Defense is worth 1425 Gold Pieces

+0 Instant Kill Bonus
+12 Find Gold Multiplier
+0 Find Items Bonus
+0 Extra Item Slots

Special: - Class Restricted as bolded above - Wizard/Rogue
-- TestingJest on 1/11/2018 2:28:58 AM with a score of 89191
Well just one suggestion... is it possible to replay the game over again with the super items and status obtained after finishing the game for one time? Because I got all those marvelous weapons after defeating the final boss but no chance to use them! =D
-- TestingJest on 12/15/2017 9:11:25 PM with a score of 106328
This was amazing. Hey, can I borrow some of that spare time? You seem to have a lot, judging by the length you go to for these games.
-- ultraoverlord on 12/4/2017 10:02:25 PM with a score of 160
Yay! 5th time around! ;) No chance to use the legendary great bow of regeneration since i got it after beating the ancient worm. :(
-- TestingJest on 11/28/2017 11:49:10 PM with a score of 93108
Cool battle concept but I confess the lack story early on made me lose interest.
-- Kim on 11/25/2017 10:05:20 AM with a score of 0
Well, I could rate this game more than once since I have played and finished the game more than once playing as a different class and race. Somehow every time I play this game there are more "special items and armors and weapons" dropped belonging to the dark\evil alignment, so I wonder if the author of this game secretly favors that alignment more. (It is also easier to beat the game if you are an evil alignment equipped with those accessories.) I find that the chance encounter with the gambler to be a very interesting aspect that most accurately reflects the preferences of this game. If you play with the gambler without cheating, you automatically lose due to poor cards of deuce. But if you play with the gambler and cheat, then you deal double ace and win and double your money. Now I wonder how many players would actually choose to play to lose and select the option that sucks? ;)
-- TestingJest on 11/24/2017 11:25:07 PM with a score of 133541
Nice, but HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSE TO KILL THE ANCIENT WORM WITHOUT DROPPING ANOTHER QUARTER?
-- Out_of_ideas on 11/23/2017 12:04:56 PM with a score of 91875
Yeah! Beat the game the second time without any characters dying in the final boss fight! ;)
---

Meanwhile, back in the Hidden City, among the carnage left in your wake, Honest Grog - the simple Orc merchant - sits upon the throne of the Lich King.

"An orc could get used to this," he muses a moment, before standing to return to his cart.

---
-- TestingJest on 11/22/2017 1:50:10 AM with a score of 97255
Awesome game, took me ages to get through it lol.
-- Mev on 11/22/2017 1:42:27 AM with a score of 111316
Pretty good, I died quick but I will be playing it again. I like how it was at your own pace though I wish they would explain a few things, like a backstory or something.
-- warfthecat on 11/13/2017 10:54:08 PM with a score of 0
This game has a higher difficulty curve than any RPG that I've ever played.
-- Victim on 11/8/2017 8:15:28 PM with a score of 0
Might as well go for the High Score haha! ^v^
-- BerkaZerka on 10/29/2017 2:51:23 PM with a score of 123189
Loved it! Well done. I really enjoyed every bit of the game.
-- JeromeHatik on 10/21/2017 4:45:00 PM with a score of 68421
Great time waster. Just completed the game a 3rd time and I'm still not fed up with it. Just a few questions.

Besides the gems, the fountain and the teleport what are the random encounters you can find in the side passages? Just wandering if I found them all.

Is the golem you find in a side passage just a regular clay golem for priests or is it something else? Each time I found it I never had a sufficient High level priest in my party or as main PC.

The extra slots items don't seem to work, is it a bug?

Does the Find Item bonus is cumulative witihin the party or ist better to put all the items that give a bonus in the same NPC?

Do the classes influence the quality of the items you receive or is it purely random? Ie: my priest kept finding robes and regular items in the first levels until I found a Fate Stone and hired a rogue.

If the author could post the answers on the game thread, or just e-mail me if he thinks there would be to much spoilers, I would be much obliged.
-- Thordrin Gloimson on 10/14/2017 7:02:48 PM with a score of 118153
"CONGRATULATIONS!!!
You have finished all 100 Levels of the Game!"

WOW! I can't believe the game had 100 levels! Woah! Awesome!
-- TestingJest on 10/10/2017 3:58:07 AM with a score of 106989
pretty dang good.
-- hamish on 10/9/2017 1:29:34 PM with a score of 0
Fantastically well made! A really amazing combination of coding and good writing :D
-- Will11 on 10/5/2017 6:29:01 AM with a score of 0
It took a lot of going back, but I finally got to the end! I'll definitely be replaying it!
-- CrazyCat on 10/2/2017 8:28:52 PM with a score of 128479
Holy
-- boomy on 10/2/2017 1:44:06 PM with a score of 98618
Bought a town...and let Honest Grogs imagination run wild!
R.I.P Dwarf Priest, Evil Human Merc, Elf Wizard, and Prophet.
-- corgi213 on 10/1/2017 5:55:49 PM with a score of 102305
Well i think it was fun and hook me up for a few hours while doing something else.
But the end... i can't tell if it was just a bug or its unfinish?
I was expecting something else, but it just left me hanging in there like waiting for more and no more encounters... made me so so sad >:(
-- herico33 on 9/28/2017 9:09:00 PM with a score of 1010
This game is fun but a little repetitive. As always with Berka's games great use of the Editor and images. 6/8

Now I'll be waiting for Dungeon Stompage 2 or perhaps co-authoring and scripting Legend with EndMaster (an Elf can dream :))
-- Elrond on 9/25/2017 10:11:25 PM with a score of 102478
8/8 for the beautiful action-filled, Hack n' Slash, Roleplaying, constant'battling, magic-filled, enemy hoarding, adventurous, hard-worked-on, game with hundreds of other words that I prefer to not spew from my mouth, but I will anyway:
This f*cking game was so f*cking good that I sh*t my motherf*cking pants .
GREAT JOB :)